Any Xenoblade Chronicles lovers out there?

DisobeyedCargo

1 minute ago, kingddd said:

Damn it!! Why must I lack a Wii U!?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Omegaprism said:

Well, since the Switch has come out, the price of the Wii U has plummeted. You could probably walk into a local game store and get one for really cheap now.

I will probably do that, I have a jo now so it won't take long to get the money for it.

Hark

Loved the original. Almost always had Reyn + Sharla + Melia as my team. Had to start using codes to reduce EXP or enforce level caps as overleveling became a huge problem. Can't stand Riki's voice so I never touched him, Shulk and Fiora are kinda boring (although I love their voices), everyone else is amazing. Amazing soundtrack and best RPG I've played in a long ass time. 

I got X for Christmas one year as a digital code and put it on my brother's Wii U. Only problem is I only visit him once a week and we're usually doing something other than watching the other play a single-player game, so I'm at uh... Chapter 5 I think? Still on Primordia. The songs with vocals are atrocious and I'm not sure I'll ever get used to most of the faces, but I'm diggin everything else. Too cheap and lazy to buy another Wii U and copy of the game just to finish in a timely manner, so slow burn I guess.

2 looks okay. Faces look good, main boy looks lame as shit. High hopes for the soundtrack given the return to most of the XC music team at least.

Still not sure why Corrin made it into Smash over Elma. I mean I know why, but ugh.

26 minutes ago, a bear said:

Hark

Loved the original. Almost always had Reyn + Sharla + Melia as my team. Had to start using codes to reduce EXP or enforce level caps as overleveling became a huge problem. Can't stand Riki's voice so I never touched him, Shulk and Fiora are kinda boring (although I love their voices), everyone else is amazing. Amazing soundtrack and best RPG I've played in a long ass time. 

I got X for Christmas one year as a digital code and put it on my brother's Wii U. Only problem is I only visit him once a week and we're usually doing something other than watching the other play a single-player game, so I'm at uh... Chapter 5 I think? Still on Primordia. The songs with vocals are atrocious and I'm not sure I'll ever get used to most of the faces, but I'm diggin everything else. Too cheap and lazy to buy another Wii U and copy of the game just to finish in a timely manner, so slow burn I guess.

2 looks okay. Faces look good, main boy looks lame as shit. High hopes for the soundtrack given the return to most of the XC music team at least.

Still not sure why Corrin made it into Smash over Elma. I mean I know why, but ugh.

Curious as to how overlevelimg became a problem, never happened to me. When I 100% the game the first time I fought Zanza I was still 1~3 levels below him. 

Beyond the Sky in XC had vocals, and I think that was an amazing song, so why make X's vocals bad?

I also have VERY high hopes for 2 given a lot of the original team is returning.

I'm a completionist and legitimately liked doing fetch quests, exploring, and fighting every single enemy I came across before advancing the story. It's a common sentiment I've seen on other sites among people who played the same way. The codes were easy to implement and adjust, so it wasn't a big deal.

Didn't care for Beyond the Sky, but even without vocals the songs in X just aren't as memorable to me. I likes me tunes to be catchy and I haven't found myself singing along with anything yet.

5 minutes ago, a bear said:

I'm a completionist and legitimately liked doing fetch quests, exploring, and fighting every single enemy I came across before advancing the story. It's a common sentiment I've seen on other sites among people who played the same way. The codes were easy to implement and adjust, so it wasn't a big deal.

Didn't care for Beyond the Sky, but even without vocals the songs in X just aren't as memorable to me. I likes me tunes to be catchy and I haven't found myself singing along with anything yet.

Interesting to note, a lot of XC songs were quite catchy. I also liked doing everything in XC, I guess we just managed it differently. I did side quests during breaks in the story