Good RPG Music for a Playlist?

MidnightFE

Hey there everyone. I'm trying to make a list of really good orchestral arrangements from franchises like Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Kingdom Hearts for my girlfriend to listen to (because she likes that kind of music) and also partially for me because I love any good music. I've already found a few I like, such as Valse di Fantastica from Final Fantasy XV, but I was wondering if any of you have more suggestions. Thanks!

Almost all of the Suikoden games have amazing music that are orchestrated or have orchestrated versions, I'd suggest looking up "Suikoden II - Reminiscence" and "Suikoden IV - La Mer" to get a taste of the music.  Ace Attorney games also have an orchestra album that is really good too that I highly recommend checking out.

By orchestrated, do you mean rock-free at all?

Xenoblade Chronicles should not disappoint either way. Rock away with Mechanical Rhythm and other battle themes (if you don't mind the rock). Once We Part Ways, Gaur Plains, On The Fallen Arm and Night Before the Decisive Battle are some of the more peaceful rock-less highlights, but you can't go wrong with most of the soundtrack.

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and its prequel BK: Origins are the pinnacle of Motoi Sakuraba's work (particularly the former). The True Mirror is a masterpiece for a normal battle theme, and although I used to prefer the boss battle electric guitar version, I've grown to like the original more. Ruler of the Nine Skies, Temple of the Celestial Flowers and Bellflower to name a few are good. (Note the Japanese names for some of the pieces are different from the English ones- Ruler of the Nine Skies is Ruler of the Nine Heavens). Le Ali Del Principio and the Valedictory Elegy are standouts from the prequel.

Eternal Sonata is somewhere between a Tales and a Baten Kaitos in terms of soundtrack, and is again one of Sakuraba's better ones. A few pieces included were Chopin works by the way.

Etrian Odyssey has fairly small soundtracks, but EOIV's is orchestrated and EOU and EOU2 have both synthesized originals and orchestral arrangements. EOIV's might be the best, on the grounds it was originally made for orchestra unlike the other two.

You mind find Bravely Default okay, That Person's Name Is is about 40% wispy violin to 60% rockin guitar.

Though it isn't an RPG, scan Super Mario Galaxy and the sequel for a few good numbers if you haven't already.

And of course, do peruse Fire Emblem, Awakening, Fates, and Radiant Dawn to be precise. Radiant Dawn's Bearer of Hope is a favorite of mine, as is its The Task At Hand.

For Final Fantasy, do look to see if they did orchestrated version of old pieces, like Terra's Theme or Man with the Machine Gun (techno converted to classical works in its own way).

l assume that you have already checked the "music" section of this site: https://serenesforest.net/music/ It has lots of FE arangements.

The various super smash brothers soundtracks consist almost entirely of arranged music from other games, and are invariably excellent.

One RPG soundtrack that I absolutely love, and sounds "orchestral" as-is is the "golden sun" series. The music really makes you feel like you are on an epic quest.

I must insert "Liberi Fatali." FF8 still has the best opening cinematic of all the FF games, in my opinion.

Also, the FF series tends to have orchestra and piano albums. Here is my favorite piano arrangement of the series, a song from from FF10.

If your GF doesn't mind more oriental-based arrangements, here are a couple of my favorites. The former two are from a series called Nobunaga's Ambition: Chronicles of Heaven, while the latter two are from an orchestra album of a series called Shenmue.

As someone mentioned, DQ8 has some good pieces. Interestingly enough, this series has both an orchestral album and a symphonic one; I personally tend to prefer the symphonic one. These two are the ones I would recommend.

Of course, from FE, I have to recommend "A Dark Fall" from Fates and "Wheeling Corby" from Radiant Dawn.

Pretty much any song from the Xenoblade Chronicles series. Xenoblade Chronicles has the best music out of all Nintendo franchises imo. From the original, i recommend

From Xenoblade Chronicles X, i recommend

We can't forget Fire Emblem so from Awakening, i recommend

From Fates i recommend

From Shadows of Valentia, i recommend

From Binding Blade, i recommend

From Blazing Blade, i recommend

From Sacred Stones, i recommend

From Mystery of the Emblem, i recommend

From Radiant Dawn, i recommend

While it's an 2D action platformer, it does have RPG elements, so i recommend the Joule/Lumen and Lola songs from the Azure Striker Gunvolt games. There are two versions to the songs, the in-game versions and the full versions, and i specifically recommend the full versions for maximum enjoyment. Do be aware that that these songs are in Japanese, as the Gunvolt games don't have English voice acting (in fact, the only Gunvolt related thing to feature English voice acting is the OVA, and even then, the songs in the OVA are still in Japanese). Still, these songs are pretty great. The songs come in albums, which i'll link to here

Azure Phosphorescence

Into the Blue

Electro Rotation (for this one, ignore the Overture and Finale. Those are just bonus tracks)

Aside from what has already been recommended (no kidding about Final Fantasy Nobuo Uetsamu is a genius), have you picked up any Legend of Zelda yet? Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, and Link Between Worlds have a lot of amazing tracks, and I hear Breath of the Wild has a few neat songs too. Also, I've been playing through FE Echoes and the music is amazing! I'd even say better than Awakening and Fates.

Definitely check out the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack. Mechanical rhythm, Beyond the Sky, Zanza the Divine, Time To Fight, Sword Valley day and night, Guar Planes, Once We part ways, Fallen arm day and night, One who gets in our ways, to the last battle, Unfinished Buisness, the godslaying sword, the battle is upon us, and the main theme are all amazing, check out the entire soundtrack

• 2 weeks later...

Most strata themes from Etrian Odyssey are nice and quite atmospheric. There's some pretty good rocked-out stuff in the battle themes, as well (special mention goes to Bloody Fight: Betting it All and Decisive Battle: End of the World).

On 5/25/2017 at 8:15 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

By orchestrated, do you mean rock-free 

On 5/25/2017 at 8:15 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

By orchestrated, do you mean rock-free at all?

I know it's late, but just to clear this up, no I freakin love rock stuff. Like Serpent Eating the Ground from Bravely Default is a super good example of that.