Natalie's Art (New: Sumia)

badatfireemblem

On 23/10/2017 at 10:35 AM, buttmuncher.ops said:

anna kitty is kute :3

pose is great, and all the proportions look very realistic to me. i really like the halloween outfit choice too :^)

for what people are saying about the tail, i don't really see it; but if you wanted to make it clearer, i think you could make the cape shorter, or have the cape flow above so the tail doesn't clash against it. idk tbh :unsure:

overall i love it, and can definitely see her sitting on a branch, broom, ledge, bench or wherever it is that kitties like to sit on for halloween :3

Aww thank you so much!

I was going to save this for Tuesday but unfortunately I'm going to be away, so i decided to post this now.

I've literally spent hours drawing candy.

Drawing two figures was much more of a challenge than I expected, and I'm not really sure how well I pulled it off. I tried to balance colours so neither drew more attention than the other, but I've been looking at it for too long to be able to tell if I managed to or not. I also struggled with having the background so dark. 

Any feedback is very much appreciated~

Stay spooky this Halloween guys!

gM7eSceh.jpg

Edited by Natalie

• badatfireemblem changed the title to Natalie's Art (New: Halloween Sakura/Elise)
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You finally have your pet Sakura...

I really like what you did with this one!
Everything until now has just been a character, but now there's two characters and a bunch of other stuff! It makes the whole more "interactive", if you get my meaning.

Elise's disappearing right hand spooks me a bit, but Sakura is perfect. Great job!

On 10/26/2017 at 3:43 PM, Natalie said:

Aww thank you so much!

I was going to save this for Tuesday but unfortunately I'm going to be away, so i decided to post this now.

Drawing two figures was much more of a challenge than I expected, and I'm not really sure how well I pulled it off. I tried to balance colours so neither drew more attention than the other, but I've been looking at it for too long to be able to tell if I managed to or not. I also struggled with having the background so dark. 

gM7eSceh.jpg

Was Cat Sakura part of the DLC in Fates or did you predict the Heroes Banner?

On 10/26/2017 at 4:43 PM, Natalie said:

Aww thank you so much!

gM7eSceh.jpg

Very scary... are you gonna do other holiday-themed drawings? Like Pilgrim costumes for Thanksgiving (even though you Brits have nothing to be thankful for) or Elf outfits for Christmas? 

By the way @Rezzy, you need to adjust your signature. It claims (incorrectly) that Natalie's graceful hand is responsible for the half-naked abomination interesting picture that is your current avatar. I will not let my goddess's name be tarnished in such a way! 

9 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

By the way @Rezzy, you need to adjust your signature. It claims (incorrectly) that Natalie's graceful hand is responsible for the half-naked abomination interesting picture that is your current avatar. I will not let my goddess's name be tarnished in such a way! 

What's wrong with a lady in a bikini?  What am I supposed to wear to swim?

What about Bride Titania?

Edited by Rezzy

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:
14 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Ach, Unsinn! What's the problem anyhow?

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:
14 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Ach, Unsinn! What's the problem anyhow?

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What about Bride Titania?

Well, since you asked, allow this sheltered homeschooler to inform you how to swim in a much more modest manner. You could:

1) Wear a tankini or something else that covers the midriff.

2) Wear men's swimming attire and something spandexy and shirt-like.

3) Go full on Puritan, wear nothing at all and make sure there are no men around!

There! The solution to your problems! Just don't make option 3 your next avatar.

I know I'm dating myself by a few hundred years, but it's because I genuinely care about you. You're our mother figure, Rezzy! Don't lead your children down the path of vanity and sexiness!

Edited by SullyMcGully

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, guys. Next time you all feel like discussing swimwear, try not to do it on my art thread pretty please~

I wear bikinis because modesty is so last century.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:30 PM, Claudius I said:

You finally have your pet Sakura...

I really like what you did with this one!
Everything until now has just been a character, but now there's two characters and a bunch of other stuff! It makes the whole more "interactive", if you get my meaning.

Elise's disappearing right hand spooks me a bit, but Sakura is perfect. Great job!

Yes~

Aww thank you!

On 10/27/2017 at 10:47 PM, Ronnie said:

Cuuuuuuute!

Ehem, I mean spoopy.

Haha thanks!

On 10/29/2017 at 8:48 PM, Rezzy said:

Was Cat Sakura part of the DLC in Fates or did you predict the Heroes Banner?

I honestly had no idea that Sakura was going to be in the Halloween Banner. I'd checked the DLC so that I wouldn't double up on characters and I still managed to.

On 10/30/2017 at 2:09 AM, SullyMcGully said:

Very scary... are you gonna do other holiday-themed drawings? Like Pilgrim costumes for Thanksgiving (even though you Brits have nothing to be thankful for) or Elf outfits for Christmas? 

Wut thanksgiving? You guys have costumes for that too? ...wow.

I might do some more (probably Christmas ones), but it will depend on how much time I have.

So I've been a little quiet recently, but I've been mountain hiking for two weeks and I feel a little more inspired to draw as a result.

I will try to get the remaining requests done as soon as possible.

@Claudius I @Arcanite

Neither of you asked, but you got.

(I wouldn't say this is finished so I might go back and change things later, but I've spent a lot of time on it and I feel I need to start on something new)

MJD9Cpkh.jpg

Edited by Natalie

• badatfireemblem changed the title to Natalie's Art (New: Felicia/Jakob)

I see you did a nice job on Felicia's legs there

To be honest, Jakob hardly looks girly so props to that lol I think he looks slightly less angry for once!
From the feet up:

The shoes are good. I mean, they're just shoes so LOL Right foot looks like he is on his tippy-toe while the other looks like he is standing flat. Is that intentional?

Onto the shin area. The placing of the knee cap is perfect~ You gave it a good amount of depth too. The purple stocking-sock things under the boots look okay. I think maybe you could've made it look like they were separate from the armor a little more, but that is probably the way I am looking at it. There's nothing honestly bad about this 

The chest area looks pretty great. The vest, the jacket, and the shirt all look wonderful~!

For Jakob's right arm, it looks like his elbow is going in one direction, but his little shirt thing (not sure what it's called) is going in another direction. It doesn't exactly look like it flows easily into his arm, is what I'm saying. His right arm also looks a tad thinner than the left one, when looking at the wrist. Maybe it's the way I'm looking at it though. I also want to say that the little purple gaps on the shirt could look more like they're indented. I guess it's nothing absolutely absurd or horrible~ BUT, I feel like the end of his sleeves by his wrist.... they could look more defined and less.... blurred.

His head is great and his hair is really nice too~ Can't say I have any issues. The eye proportion is perfect!

All in all looks pretty good as a main picture, just a few minor nitpicks I guess~

Felicia looks great overall~ Nothing much to say besides her one eye is notably bigger than the other

Also their hair is..... amazing LOL

Excellent as usual. You are really good with double portraits like this. Jakob looks like a girl, but I'm starting to actually enjoy that as a unique aspect of your art style.

Sorry for derailing your thread, by the way. It was all @Rezzy's fault!

Nice job, most of my critiques already got covered.

For Jakob looking like a girl, I think defining the chin and giving him a stronger jawline and a maybe thicker eyebrows or a more heavy brow could make him look more masculine.

Random note: I'm using the Titania you drew for me in my new run of Baldur's Gate for my avatar.

1 hour ago, SullyMcGully said:

To be fair, all I did was change my avatar to Swimsuit Titania, nothing scandalous.  My spouse almost wanted to come in and defend my honor, but I said you were mostly a good kid and didn't want you to get chewed out.

Edited by Rezzy

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For Jakob looking like a girl, I think defining the chin and giving him a stronger jawline and a maybe thicker eyebrows or a more heavy brow could make him look more masculine.

Random note: I'm using the Titania you drew for me in my new run of Baldur's Gate for my avatar.

To be fair, all I did was change my avatar to Swimsuit Titania, nothing scandalous.  My spouse almost wanted to come in and defend my honor, but I said you were mostly a good kid and didn't want you to get chewed out.

Oh no, not Mr. Rezzy! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

And so this is technically not derailing this thread, I think if you wanted to make Jakob look masculine, you could make his lips smaller and flatter.

1 minute ago, SullyMcGully said:

Oh no, not Mr. Rezzy! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

And so this is technically not derailing this thread, I think if you wanted to make Jakob look masculine, you could make his lips smaller and flatter.

It's okay.

Also, I agree, the lips play a large part in looking feminine.  I had thought that, but forgot to include it earlier.

Good job on the clothing, Fates characters have "complicated" clothing for lack of a better term.  I sorta like drawing GBA characters, since their outfits tend to be much simpler.

They both look great! Their hair and clothing are especially well done, you did a wonderful job of catching the details of the clothes and the flow and shading of their hair. Although really, the shading on everything looks very well done. Jakob's face looks fine to me, although changing his lips like others have said may help him look a bit more masculine.

There's only two things that kinda look off to me, although I might not be looking at them right. Jakob's right arm looks either very long, or oddly bent at the elbow, at least based on the perspective. Also, I'm not entirely sure how Felicia's thighs are working? It kinda looks like her right(?) thigh is in front of her left, which confuses me on how they connect to her waist. Unless her waist is slightly twisted under her dress/skirt/whichever this would be called, which would make more sense, just not as apparent with how the rest of her body is positioned.

But honestly, other than those two little things, they look perfectly fine to me. The proportions are good, their hands are very impressively done, and their clothes, hair, and faces all have a lot of great-looking detail and coloring. I think hair especially is one of my favorite things in your art; it always looks so clean and natural, and the shading and movement is so well done. And it looks like a lot of people agree with me about the hair, haha.

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I see you did a nice job on Felicia's legs there

To be honest, Jakob hardly looks girly so props to that lol I think he looks slightly less angry for once!
From the feet up:

The shoes are good. I mean, they're just shoes so LOL Right foot looks like he is on his tippy-toe while the other looks like he is standing flat. Is that intentional?

Onto the shin area. The placing of the knee cap is perfect~ You gave it a good amount of depth too. The purple stocking-sock things under the boots look okay. I think maybe you could've made it look like they were separate from the armor a little more, but that is probably the way I am looking at it. There's nothing honestly bad about this 

The chest area looks pretty great. The vest, the jacket, and the shirt all look wonderful~!

For Jakob's right arm, it looks like his elbow is going in one direction, but his little shirt thing (not sure what it's called) is going in another direction. It doesn't exactly look like it flows easily into his arm, is what I'm saying. His right arm also looks a tad thinner than the left one, when looking at the wrist. Maybe it's the way I'm looking at it though. I also want to say that the little purple gaps on the shirt could look more like they're indented. I guess it's nothing absolutely absurd or horrible~ BUT, I feel like the end of his sleeves by his wrist.... they could look more defined and less.... blurred.

His head is great and his hair is really nice too~ Can't say I have any issues. The eye proportion is perfect!

All in all looks pretty good as a main picture, just a few minor nitpicks I guess~

Felicia looks great overall~ Nothing much to say besides her one eye is notably bigger than the other

Also their hair is..... amazing LOL

Aww thanks for all the critique and compliments!

The tip-toe was intentional, yes haha. 
As for the arm, I hadn't noticed how odd it looked until you pointed this out. Basically his design has kind of pointy armour bits on the end but because of the angle it just looks like his arm is weird.

Felicia's eye is smaller, huh? I guess... I hadn't noticed because of perspective, but it could probably do with being a little bigger.

Thanks~ I used to be so bad at hair but I spent so much time practising it looks better than everything else now.

5 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Excellent as usual. You are really good with double portraits like this. Jakob looks like a girl, but I'm starting to actually enjoy that as a unique aspect of your art style.

Thanks, Sully! Well, that's debatable haha. This is only my second time, and it takes a lot more time and effort, but I need the practice.

I think I'm just going to roll with my guys looking feminine tbh. I think they look cuter haha.

3 hours ago, Claudius I said:

Good work! The hair is especially amazing~

Thanks Hatt~

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It's okay.

Also, I agree, the lips play a large part in looking feminine.  I had thought that, but forgot to include it earlier.

Good job on the clothing, Fates characters have "complicated" clothing for lack of a better term.  I sorta like drawing GBA characters, since their outfits tend to be much simpler.

Thank you Rezzy. See above, but thanks for the advice. I'll have a play around the next time I draw a guy and see what I can do.

I know plenty of guys with larger more pouty lips, but I guess in a drawing it makes more of a difference.

They do have such complicated clothing. As do a lot of the Heroes artworks. Sometimes it's fun, but most of the time it's a time consuming pain. I much prefer Tellius/GBA game clothing to draw as well, but sometimes I feel the need to embellish as it can be too simple for what I want, if that makes sense.

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

They both look great! Their hair and clothing are especially well done, you did a wonderful job of catching the details of the clothes and the flow and shading of their hair. Although really, the shading on everything looks very well done. Jakob's face looks fine to me, although changing his lips like others have said may help him look a bit more masculine.

There's only two things that kinda look off to me, although I might not be looking at them right. Jakob's right arm looks either very long, or oddly bent at the elbow, at least based on the perspective. Also, I'm not entirely sure how Felicia's thighs are working? It kinda looks like her right(?) thigh is in front of her left, which confuses me on how they connect to her waist. Unless her waist is slightly twisted under her dress/skirt/whichever this would be called, which would make more sense, just not as apparent with how the rest of her body is positioned.

But honestly, other than those two little things, they look perfectly fine to me. The proportions are good, their hands are very impressively done, and their clothes, hair, and faces all have a lot of great-looking detail and coloring. I think hair especially is one of my favorite things in your art; it always looks so clean and natural, and the shading and movement is so well done. And it looks like a lot of people agree with me about the hair, haha.

Thanks Meap! I think I've improved a lot on hair and shading recently (especially hair).

Haha, yes, if you refer to what I said to Arcanite ^
And as far Felicia's legs, her hips are twisted, so her body is facing to the left, and her legs to the right. I promise you, this is actually possible, I tried it beforehand haha. The trouble is, her dress doesn't cling to her hips or legs, so it's hard to show this properly.

I love drawing hair so much and I think everyone can tell that I spend the most time on it heh. 

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

Thanks Meap! I think I've improved a lot on hair and shading recently (especially hair).

Haha, yes, if you refer to what I said to Arcanite ^
And as far Felicia's legs, her hips are twisted, so her body is facing to the left, and her legs to the right. I promise you, this is actually possible, I tried it beforehand haha. The trouble is, her dress doesn't cling to her hips or legs, so it's hard to show this properly.

I love drawing hair so much and I think everyone can tell that I spend the most time on it heh. 

I would agree for sure. The amount of time and effort you put into them definitely shows.

The perspective makes a lot more sense now that I look at his arm as having armor. That's what I get for not knowing much about Jakob's clothing, haha.

Now that I look at it that way, her pose does make sense. I just didn't see it like that at first, which I agree is more of an issue with her clothing than how she was drawn. So basically, my only problems with the picture were just because I wasn't looking at it right, so I guess I have no real critiques for it now :P

Also, I'd personally be fine if you kept drawing guys the same way as well. Jakob here shows that they'll still look good regardless. Although I might have to bring back that request for Arden, because he needs to be made cute. Not that he isn't already, of course.

@DefaultBeep

Meap Beep I finished your Ayra request~

I've been trying out some new things on this one so I hope it all looks okay. I also referenced both her original artwork and heroes one for this to try and capture her character best.

Also, technically I haven't yet got her on my team in FE4, but I have met her so it's all okay, right? Right?

ovTC9Wgh.jpg

Edited by Natalie