Jump to content
Natalie

Natalie's Art (New: Sumia)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Cute! I really can't think of anything about this I don't like. You get the official Sully Stamp of Approval!

Haha thanks Sully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, she looks great! Agreed with Sully, I can't think of anything that looks off to me. The proportions look fine, the pose looks dynamic and unique, the details are spot on, and the hair and shading look amazing as usual. And her expression and pose definitely seem fitting for Ayra to me, so you nailed that as well. Just hope that you don't accidentally get her killed in FE4 now, or things might get a bit awkward,

If it's okay, with you, could I use her as an avatar for a while? I know I asked that for another drawing already, but I think Ayra might have done the impossible and surpassed that character's beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Wow, she looks great! Agreed with Sully, I can't think of anything that looks off to me. The proportions look fine, the pose looks dynamic and unique, the details are spot on, and the hair and shading look amazing as usual. And her expression and pose definitely seem fitting for Ayra to me, so you nailed that as well. Just hope that you don't accidentally get her killed in FE4 now, or things might get a bit awkward,

If it's okay, with you, could I use her as an avatar for a while? I know I asked that for another drawing already, but I think Ayra might have done the impossible and surpassed that character's beauty.

Aww thanks Meap! I'm so glad you think that about her expression; I'm not very experienced with that kind of thing, but I tried hard to capture her vibe with this one.  I'll do my bEst!

Yeah that is totally fine! Thank you so much. I always feel so honoured when people want to use my art as avatars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Natalie said:

Aww thanks Meap! I'm so glad you think that about her expression; I'm not very experienced with that kind of thing, but I tried hard to capture her vibe with this one.  I'll do my bEst!

Yeah that is totally fine! Thank you so much. I always feel so honoured when people want to use my art as avatars.

Well you did a great job in the end. It definitely feels like Ayra to me, both with her pose and her expression. I thought I was safe from Arcanite's name memes over here.

Alright, thank you too! I'm still honored that you were willing to take my request at all, so I guess it evens out, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Well you did a great job in the end. It definitely feels like Ayra to me, both with her pose and her expression. I thought I was safe from Arcanite's name memes over here.

Alright, thank you too! I'm still honored that you were willing to take my request at all, so I guess it evens out, haha.

Aww thanks~ Arcanite's memes are too infectious.

@SullyMcGully @Arcanite @Claudius I your requests will be following very soon, I promise. And I hope to finish FE4 before Christmas (optimistic, I'm sure), so I'll be able to do Olwen for @Rex Glacies after that. I will try not to keep you waiting too long, as some of you asked 2 months ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Arya looks good.I can't say I can see any/many flaws in the piece. Great job!

 And take your time with everything. There's no need to rush good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Wow, Arya looks good.I can't say I can see any/many flaws in the piece. Great job!

 And take your time with everything. There's no need to rush good work.

Aww thanks Rex!

Haha, me rushing work? There is a difference between taking your time, and spending too much time procrastinating on the internet. I shall do my best to stay focused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SullyMcGully I hope you appreciate that I was working till midnight on this.

L'Arachel is finally done~ 

I am ded so I'm sorry if there are mistakes.

My cat also tried to destroy my work earlier by deleting layers on photoshop.

e9wCL4Yh.jpg

Edited by Natalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...

... ...

... ... ...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

Well, I'm sure it must beautiful, because you're beautiful and your artwork is beautiful and L'Arachel's beautiful, but the tragic part is that I can't actually view it right now. My internet just took a hit and won't recover for a few hours, so no images. But when I get my internet back... I shall fully praise the glory of your brushstrokes!

EDIT: And now I can see it! She really is beautiful! Thank you so much Natalie! This one's for the fridge! I really like the way you captured her upper chest and shoulders. You can really tell that it's L'Arachel's body due to its overall shape (I'll just say it, flatchestedness) , not just a stock body with L'Arachel's head and clothes thrown on top. Also, while I think others might want to criticize this, I actually love the way certain features on her face seem askew or misproportioned because it helps to illustrate her particularly zany personality. Thank you again for all of your hard work putting this together! 

Edited by SullyMcGully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

...

... ...

... ... ...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

Well, I'm sure it must beautiful, because you're beautiful and your artwork is beautiful and L'Arachel's beautiful, but the tragic part is that I can't actually view it right now. My internet just took a hit and won't recover for a few hours, so no images. But when I get my internet back... I shall fully praise the glory of your brushstrokes!

EDIT: And now I can see it! She really is beautiful! Thank you so much Natalie! This one's for the fridge! I really like the way you captured her upper chest and shoulders. You can really tell that it's L'Arachel's body due to its overall shape (I'll just say it, flatchestedness) , not just a stock body with L'Arachel's head and clothes thrown on top. Also, while I think others might want to criticize this, I actually love the way certain features on her face seem askew or misproportioned because it helps to illustrate her particularly zany personality. Thank you again for all of your hard work putting this together! 

Haha thank you Sully! I'm so glad you like it~

As far as body shapes, I do try really hard to match to the character. I also tried to capture her personality in her facial features, so I hope it worked (although I just noticed her ear is too high up). 

It's really no problem at all! I love making artwork for other people. It makes it all the more satisfying. You're very welcome to add another request if there's someone else you'd like to see, as I'm working pretty quickly through these last ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She looks really good! The pose and face work well for her, and all the details in her clothing and hair are very well done.

For her ear, I don't think it's necessarily that it's too high up, but more that it goes at a very drastic angle compared to the rest of her head. It kinda continues the line at the bottom of her face, where it may look more natural if it's more parallel with the side of her face. That's the only thing I really noticed though, and overall, she turned out great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

She looks really good! The pose and face work well for her, and all the details in her clothing and hair are very well done.

For her ear, I don't think it's necessarily that it's too high up, but more that it goes at a very drastic angle compared to the rest of her head. It kinda continues the line at the bottom of her face, where it may look more natural if it's more parallel with the side of her face. That's the only thing I really noticed though, and overall, she turned out great!

Thank you Meap~

Ah, you're quite possibly right. I may go back and change that later if I have the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much to comment on for Ayra, there really isn't much to say. I guess her nose could be a tad less pointy but eh, that could just be grasping for straws.
When there isn't anything to critique, I call that a good job~!

Here is a star:

e4d52f4d69d7bba67e5fd70ffe26b70d.svg

 

Now for L'Arachel, you did nice with her ensemble~ I think her hand is just a little too big though, but nothing major
The other thing I noticed;

 

The Rachel's eyes:

Spoiler

Eyes2.png.c003dd6dda6f4af5cdf85fc1c5b3cf8a.png

Oboro's eyes:

Spoiler

Eyes.png.01d8fb9b423e346406580bef5a322f6f.png

 

Oboro actually looks like she is staring straight in one direction with both eyes, which is why I love this one so much <3

L'Arachel though, it seems like one eye is looking towards the left (from her perspective) while the other is looking more towards the sky or something. Perhaps something to note in the future. Also one eye seems to be tilted at a bit of an angle compared to the other, just a bit.

Hair is great, face is great, everything else is fine~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Not much to comment on for Ayra, there really isn't much to say. I guess her nose could be a tad less pointy but eh, that could just be grasping for straws.
When there isn't anything to critique, I call that a good job~!

Here is a star:

e4d52f4d69d7bba67e5fd70ffe26b70d.svg

 

Now for L'Arachel, you did nice with her ensemble~ I think her hand is just a little too big though, but nothing major
The other thing I noticed;

 

The Rachel's eyes:

  Reveal hidden contents

Eyes2.png.c003dd6dda6f4af5cdf85fc1c5b3cf8a.png

Oboro's eyes:

  Reveal hidden contents

Eyes.png.01d8fb9b423e346406580bef5a322f6f.png

 

Oboro actually looks like she is staring straight in one direction with both eyes, which is why I love this one so much <3

L'Arachel though, it seems like one eye is looking towards the left (from her perspective) while the other is looking more towards the sky or something. Perhaps something to note in the future. Also one eye seems to be tilted at a bit of an angle compared to the other, just a bit.

Hair is great, face is great, everything else is fine~

W-woah a gold star from Arcanite themselves! Thank you!

 

Ew eyes. I spend like a good hour changing pupil position haha. I never seem to get it right, but I will do better next time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

Here is my gold star.

5a130b007a200_120px-_____svg.png.0e84a5b68a7bcd05b47cfb9e5cfb6300.png

Well done, very well done. Keep up the good work!

Two gold stars in one day. I am one very lucky girl! 

Thank you~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Two gold stars in one day. I am one very lucky girl! 

Thank you~

As if that wasn't enough, you are now a Hero of the Soviet Union, decorated for your arts! How do you feel, Comrade Nataliya?

(The Hero of the Soviet Union was the highest Soviet honorific - it was the medal thereof which I sent to you.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Well if it helps, give you five stars, so @Arcanite can stuff it!

image.png.41c7584e0a8f41326cc296e73aeda951.png

 

Oh really, huh?

Spoiler

Золотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svg

Medal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpg

200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png

Золотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svg

image.jpeg.e68b988495c83a8e5facc1174c9050e5.jpegimage.jpeg.2a46178a840b774faac8743267c61eb9.jpegimage.jpeg.ee6da7fa57b69557a3894c6c9a48b724.jpegimage.jpeg.e70f17e291642ac09152900de412645f.jpegimage.jpeg.0b892077d0497f2c32b2e16bc1d0e32e.jpegimage.jpeg.bbfc4cd72cbf78ae50acd1938dbaf066.jpegimage.jpeg.394d1b328d37216e4d403fd903fa8263.jpegimage.jpeg.cd4fa42a26894b06b61530bbc3fa8cd8.jpegimage.jpeg.58dc39fee8fa1bb5a1660b4789306db7.jpegimage.jpeg.8d42aa7827f91505462f863440303687.jpegimage.jpeg.45317627a557c6e33802ab5bf5ffb8b9.jpegimage.jpeg.5e034594c9eadc2c2998598eada3333b.jpegimage.jpeg.9f028bec7ce6b39c7614a1815b48453a.jpegimage.jpeg.490412fae0915e59ccbbd702d3b94d7a.jpegimage.jpeg.da6fe6b8351f4ecda080f4d2a468c02b.jpegimage.jpeg.3b3453a14d011797d19864891319e79b.jpegimage.jpeg.838c91ef3aeb5de75fa4c52ba70d39c2.jpegimage.jpeg.6654fc07ecea32835b31a700659311e2.jpegimage.jpeg.3a44b6bdbd9322e6a4540dec9c0e4ceb.jpegimage.jpeg.865dbb26f526a779026beea8f52924c1.jpegimage.jpeg.37e3c80534a26a740495b208962aece2.jpegimage.jpeg.6e9528ee839c46c5c4ea705e67320e9b.jpegimage.jpeg.48e869ef96c19a949c5a57bef868e17f.jpegimage.jpeg.8266ee655162aa5ec5a8a51cf5ecc885.jpeg

 

I gave you God-knows-how-many stars! Beat that, @Arcanite, @SullyMcGully !

Edited by Sigismund of Luxemburg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20-11-2017 at 7:36 PM, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

Oh really, huh?

  Reveal hidden contents

Золотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svgЗолотая звезда Героя России.svg

Medal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpgMedal of Golden Star Ukraine.jpg

200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png200px-Order_Krzyza_Wojskowego_Krzyz_Wielki_gwiazda.png

Золотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svgЗолотая Звезда Героя Советского Союза.svg

image.jpeg.e68b988495c83a8e5facc1174c9050e5.jpegimage.jpeg.2a46178a840b774faac8743267c61eb9.jpegimage.jpeg.ee6da7fa57b69557a3894c6c9a48b724.jpegimage.jpeg.e70f17e291642ac09152900de412645f.jpegimage.jpeg.0b892077d0497f2c32b2e16bc1d0e32e.jpegimage.jpeg.bbfc4cd72cbf78ae50acd1938dbaf066.jpegimage.jpeg.394d1b328d37216e4d403fd903fa8263.jpegimage.jpeg.cd4fa42a26894b06b61530bbc3fa8cd8.jpegimage.jpeg.58dc39fee8fa1bb5a1660b4789306db7.jpegimage.jpeg.8d42aa7827f91505462f863440303687.jpegimage.jpeg.45317627a557c6e33802ab5bf5ffb8b9.jpegimage.jpeg.5e034594c9eadc2c2998598eada3333b.jpegimage.jpeg.9f028bec7ce6b39c7614a1815b48453a.jpegimage.jpeg.490412fae0915e59ccbbd702d3b94d7a.jpegimage.jpeg.da6fe6b8351f4ecda080f4d2a468c02b.jpegimage.jpeg.3b3453a14d011797d19864891319e79b.jpegimage.jpeg.838c91ef3aeb5de75fa4c52ba70d39c2.jpegimage.jpeg.6654fc07ecea32835b31a700659311e2.jpegimage.jpeg.3a44b6bdbd9322e6a4540dec9c0e4ceb.jpegimage.jpeg.865dbb26f526a779026beea8f52924c1.jpegimage.jpeg.37e3c80534a26a740495b208962aece2.jpegimage.jpeg.6e9528ee839c46c5c4ea705e67320e9b.jpegimage.jpeg.48e869ef96c19a949c5a57bef868e17f.jpegimage.jpeg.8266ee655162aa5ec5a8a51cf5ecc885.jpeg

 

I gave you God-knows-how-many stars! Beat that, @Arcanite, @SullyMcGully !

71 stars. Does this make me god now?

Uhm, maybe I should also actually talk about the art here...

You have a tendency to draw characters with big eyes and small mouths, which is generally fine for female characters, but it feels very weird seeing it on Jacob (especially the mouth). They eyes on L'Arachel also feel a bit off to me.

Other then that, your art looks really great. I especially love the Ayra one on the previous page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So uhh I spent waaaaay too many hours doing this and I am so sick of looking at it. This is the first time I've done three figures together and I'm scared to ever do it again.

GxZnULnh.jpg

Lilina, Roy and Sue from FE6. Lilina and Roy are such a cute couple, and Sue is there because Sue is amaze. Anyone who dares doubt the Sue's greatness will no longer be any friend of mine. This is how I imagined them looking in my head, but in reality my playthrough ended up with the ladies stealing all the limelight and supportboy Roy hanging about two spaces behind them; more like this random thing I did instead of working yesterday:

Spoiler

GDqVnGPl.jpg

I'm feeling pretty burnt out lately with art, so I think I need a break from painted things. I may do some sketches and post them here in the meantime, but the amount of hours I spend on art is killing my inspiration. I'm hoping once Christmas starts in my house I'll feel like starting something bigger again.

 

thx for all the stars guys~

 

On 22/11/2017 at 3:15 PM, Bartozio said:

71 stars. Does this make me god now?

Uhm, maybe I should also actually talk about the art here...

You have a tendency to draw characters with big eyes and small mouths, which is generally fine for female characters, but it feels very weird seeing it on Jacob (especially the mouth). They eyes on L'Arachel also feel a bit off to me.

Other then that, your art looks really great. I especially love the Ayra one on the previous page.

Thank you! Yeah I haven't got the hang of masculinity yet, so all my male figures look really feminine. 

 

@Claudius I THIS IS ME SHOUTING AT YOU. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Natalie said:

So uhh I spent waaaaay too many hours doing this and I am so sick of looking at it. This is the first time I've done three figures together and I'm scared to ever do it again.

GxZnULnh.jpg

Lilina, Roy and Sue from FE6. Lilina and Roy are such a cute couple, and Sue is there because Sue is amaze. Anyone who dares doubt the Sue's greatness will no longer be any friend of mine. This is how I imagined them looking in my head, but in reality my playthrough ended up with the ladies stealing all the limelight and supportboy Roy hanging about two spaces behind them; more like this random thing I did instead of working yesterday:

  Hide contents

GDqVnGPl.jpg

I'm feeling pretty burnt out lately with art, so I think I need a break from painted things. I may do some sketches and post them here in the meantime, but the amount of hours I spend on art is killing my inspiration. I'm hoping once Christmas starts in my house I'll feel like starting something bigger again.

 

thx for all the stars guys~

 

Thank you! Yeah I haven't got the hang of masculinity yet, so all my male figures look really feminine. 

 

@Claudius I THIS IS ME SHOUTING AT YOU. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Once again, excellent work! While there are a few flaws, the overall "three heroes standing together" vibe comes across very clearly. And Roy actually looks like a guy with those eyebrows. I'd say you've earned yourself a break. In order to avoid starting another competition, I'm not giving you any stars. Just know that I like your art more than anybody else on this thread. And that's final.

Edited by SullyMcGully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're awesome! Lilina and Sue both look adorable, and Roy looks tough (but also still adorable no matter how much he tries not to). The amount of detail on the weapons is very impressive. Roy's sword is super ornate, even from the small amount that's visible of it. And Lilina's tome has a lot of small touches that help it to look just as interesting as the sword, even though it's just supposed to be a simple book. Sue's bow isn't as detailed as the others, but it's also a normal bow, so a simpler look is more fitting for it regardless. I don't have much to say about the rest that I haven't already said about your past artwork, but they look great all-around. Like Sully said, Roy's face does look a bit more masculine, although I'm not sure if it's just the eyebrows or if there's more that adds to it as well.

My final verdict is Sue/10, great to see more love for best Elibian archer (fite me 1v1 @Claudius I im ripped >:( ). Also Lilina missed the memo about what headgear to wear, but that's okay, I'm sure Roy will forgive her. You've been working pretty fast on the past few artworks, so I'd say a break is well deserved, before you get even more burnt out on drawing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...