Jump to content
Natalie

Natalie's Art (New: Sumia)

Recommended Posts

I'm glad you share my love for the art of the Golden Age, and I'm glad that this came out of it! It looks pretty different from your usual stuff, but it looks good!
I especially like the light-dark contrast and the shading on the hair and the cheeks. The hair looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I'm glad you share my love for the art of the Golden Age, and I'm glad that this came out of it! It looks pretty different from your usual stuff, but it looks good!
I especially like the light-dark contrast and the shading on the hair and the cheeks. The hair looks great!

Aww thank you~ I'm glad you noticed the directional light! 

I want to eat this hair.

Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there! I've been looking over the drawings on your thread and I have to say, you've done some pretty incredible work! I especially give you props b/c I have a difficult time drawing digitally myself (beyond Art Academy on the 3ds). I think the Corrin drawing you did recently is really good, I love all the shading and the lighting choice along with all the detail put into the hair. One small critique I suppose would be that her right ear appears slightly off and maybe a just a tad bigger than her left. I think it has to do with the fact that it sticks out beyond her hair while the other doesn't. Overall though, I think your stuff is great, I especially loved the one of Sue, Lilina and Roy.

If you are still taking requests I have a rather interesting Jugdral-related one--Could you do a Loptyr-blooded Julia? In other words, a version of Julia where she inherited the Major Loptyr blood and was the one who was possessed instead of her brother. (taking some motifs from Julius perhaps...?) If not, that's totally fine too, I'm just interested in seeing more of your wonderful art!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2018 at 12:29 AM, Fala~of~Velthomer said:

Hello there! I've been looking over the drawings on your thread and I have to say, you've done some pretty incredible work! I especially give you props b/c I have a difficult time drawing digitally myself (beyond Art Academy on the 3ds). I think the Corrin drawing you did recently is really good, I love all the shading and the lighting choice along with all the detail put into the hair. One small critique I suppose would be that her right ear appears slightly off and maybe a just a tad bigger than her left. I think it has to do with the fact that it sticks out beyond her hair while the other doesn't. Overall though, I think your stuff is great, I especially loved the one of Sue, Lilina and Roy.

If you are still taking requests I have a rather interesting Jugdral-related one--Could you do a Loptyr-blooded Julia? In other words, a version of Julia where she inherited the Major Loptyr blood and was the one who was possessed instead of her brother. (taking some motifs from Julius perhaps...?) If not, that's totally fine too, I'm just interested in seeing more of your wonderful art!

Hiya! Wow, thank you so much~ 

I am still taking requests, but I still have quite a few in line to do. Some are from a few months ago as I like to alternate between those and my own choices, so if you don't mind waiting awhile, I'm happy to do yours at a later date?

 

So I completed Zelda BotW several months ago, and have been trying since to do a piece in celebration as I really enjoyed the game. I wanted to do Zelda because I felt that her character was really important to the game, and she had some interesting character development. Her outfit designs are also really nice too! 

I actually did part of this on Discord screenshare with a few SF members which was really lovely and I think it's been helping me work better because the pressure of others watching is pretty intense. 

Of course, any feedback, comments and suggestions are always really appreciated~

 

8kbXessh.jpg

Edited by Natalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job Natalie, She looks really pretty but your style shows and it works, the only thing that bothers me is that the right wrist looks like it is bent at an unnatural angle. Other than that its probably my favourite picture I have seen of new Zelda 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

Good job Natalie, She looks really pretty but your style shows and it works, the only thing that bothers me is that the right wrist looks like it is bent at an unnatural angle. Other than that its probably my favourite picture I have seen of new Zelda 

Aww, thank you so much Mack! I feel so honoured... Yeah her wrist is kind of off but I wasn't sure what to do about it; I'll probably have a play around at a later date to see if I can sort it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really lovely. I especially like the colouring on her clothing. As for the issue of hands; I personally find that the easiest thing to do is draw them from a reference for the pose you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2018 at 8:34 PM, Shuuda said:

It's really lovely. I especially like the colouring on her clothing. As for the issue of hands; I personally find that the easiest thing to do is draw them from a reference for the pose you want.

Thank you so much! That's very true, thank you for the advice; I've been trying to use my own hands as reference lately, but for this kind of angle that was pretty difficult.

 

17 hours ago, Fala~of~Velthomer said:

I don't mind a wait, take all the time you need! :)

Okay. I look forward to drawing her for you~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nino for the lovely @Arcanite ~

This has taken me so many attempts that I kind of gave up for awhile... Though I think this ended up looking okay. I hope you like her!

 

9lztpB8h.jpg

 

Oh and @MrSmokestack I was told awhile ago that you wanted a Hector? I'm planning a piece next with the three FE7 lords, so I hope that will be okay?

Edited by Natalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Natalie said:

This has taken me so many attempts that I kind of gave up for awhile... Though I think this ended up looking okay. I hope you like her!

Mmmm worth the wait, most definitely!

her right eye could be tilted slightly down, though but eh

I still like it though ~ even the attention to detail on the corset-ish part she has on her get up, like the heart and the bow at the top! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2018 at 3:58 PM, MrSmokestack said:

Nice Nino! And yes, I asked for Hector some time ago. Looking forward to it!

Thank you~ Alright, I'll try and get it done soon.

On 09/02/2018 at 3:53 AM, Arcanite said:

Mmmm worth the wait, most definitely!

her right eye could be tilted slightly down, though but eh

I still like it though ~ even the attention to detail on the corset-ish part she has on her get up, like the heart and the bow at the top! 

Aww thanks Arcanite! Yeah I rearranged her eyes so much and nothing seemed to look right. I might have another go at a later date to see if I can fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2018 at 5:11 PM, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

waooo what a beautiful medieval fantasy looking art style natalie!! ill be watching!

Aww thank you~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm. Not a bad looking Nino at all! I see that you may still be taking requests, yes? Would it be possible for me to get a slot? I can wait a very, very long time, so no worries there (would probably have to go to PM to go into details about it though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Xenomic said:

Hm. Not a bad looking Nino at all! I see that you may still be taking requests, yes? Would it be possible for me to get a slot? I can wait a very, very long time, so no worries there (would probably have to go to PM to go into details about it though).

Thanks! Sure thing. Feel free to drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've been working on several gifts lately which is why I've been a little quiet...

One of these was a touch up of my PA Olivia from last year which Bubblemum requested. So for Mothering Sunday I decided to print it for her. However,  it wasn't really up to standard now, so I worked a little more on it beforehand. I wanted the image to be pretty much the same; I know I could do a lot more with hair and things now, but I had to resist and leave it alone.

lFjKsmoh.jpg

 

Here's the original to compare~

Spoiler

fNwVFVdh.jpg

i still couldn't blend properly at this point smh

Edited by Natalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Natalie said:

So I've been working on several gifts lately which is why I've been a little quiet...

One of these was a touch up of my PA Olivia from last year which Bubblemum requested. So for Mothering Sunday I decided to print it for her. However,  it wasn't really up to standard now, so I worked a little more on it beforehand. I wanted the image to be pretty much the same; I know I could do a lot more with hair and things now, but I had to resist and leave it alone.

lFjKsmol.jpg

 

Here's the original to compare in a spoiler~

  Hide contents

fNwVFVdl.jpg

i still couldn't blend properly at this point smh

Nice job, I had to look to see what the changes were for a minute.

Who's Bubblemum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm tired and need to sleep."

This looks really nice! You don't really notice how much you've progressed in your art until you put the two Olivias side by side to compare them. 
I like the changes you made without messing around with the image; I wonder how it would end up looking if you did mess around with the image.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Who's Bubblemum?

Natalie is Bubblegum, so Bubblemum is her mother!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nice job, I had to look to see what the changes were for a minute.

Who's Bubblemum?

Thanks Rezzy~

Oh haha! I guess I should've specified. Bubblemum is the name Arcanite gave my mother when they wanted her to join SF. Apparently my FEH information was not adequate. 

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

"I'm tired and need to sleep."

This looks really nice! You don't really notice how much you've progressed in your art until you put the two Olivias side by side to compare them. 
I like the changes you made without messing around with the image; I wonder how it would end up looking if you did mess around with the image.

Rood. It's not my fault my body clock works in interesting ways.

Aww thank you~ I can't believe the original was done 5 months ago, but I guess it shows! I'm tempted to redo the whole thing, but I have so many other things I want to draw. AHHH TIME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

your art is just...spot on for how i wish official FE art looked like in the games

why is this olivia pic smaller than the original?

Awwww ;_; Thank you, that's such an honour. 

Are you talking about the original a few pages back, or Rezzy's quote? I changed the size on my post, but I think Rezzy quoted me beforehand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Natalie said:

Awwww ;_; Thank you, that's such an honour. 

Are you talking about the original a few pages back, or Rezzy's quote? I changed the size on my post, but I think Rezzy quoted me beforehand.

its true, some of the older games kinda had anime mixed with a hint of semi-realism influence and this look really gets that feel : [ they settled on full-on anime style which is a shame to me

and yeah that confused me o.o now i got to really compare, very nice touch-up! looks so much sleeker now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2018 at 3:33 AM, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

its true, some of the older games kinda had anime mixed with a hint of semi-realism influence and this look really gets that feel : [ they settled on full-on anime style which is a shame to me

and yeah that confused me o.o now i got to really compare, very nice touch-up! looks so much sleeker now

Ah, I see. I quite like the anime style, but I've always preferred drawing more semi-realism.

Thank you ^^

 

mah babies came home~

also sry still can't draw guys

8wRJcs3h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...