Let's share our dreams and aspirations.

Zerxen

Gonna be an incoming college freshman soon and I am a little worried of the future, mainly due to my dreams of aspirations, or lack thereof. I never found myself looking up to any particular field or careers, rather I feel content with the idea of a desk job and will be pursuing a business degree. I am not sure if I can derive any source of happiness from here, but I am more interested in gaining that from my personal time.

If I can be honest with myself, my true dreams are simply being free and away from society or any body that posses some form of authority. I often find myself fantasizing of staying in a remote location such as a remote forest or mountainside and living the rest of my days there. I know this is unrealistic given the world we live in now but I'd just like to share this and hear the dreams of others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVlGESh9Mc

I think your dream rocks! I kinda wish that I could go off and live in a cave all alone too, but if I did that, how would I also do all my other dreams? 

I've always wanted to work at LEGO, Disney, or Nintendo, or any other company that involves making people happy. More realistically, I'd like to get a job as a counselor, so if you want free life advice, just PM me! Cheaper than therapy!

I would eventually like a bachelor's in media arts or something like that. Whatever lets me make art for things like video games. And then of course a good career in that field. I'd like to get married too. And get my own place. Maybe adopt a daughter or two sometime after marriage (I'd name the first one Elincia, and if I got a second, she'd get named Celestia). I refuse to ever get pregnant or even have sex (I have a phobia of the former and I'm simply not interested in the latter).

I basically want everything Rey/SoC has and it makes me rather jealous of him... He's so lucky.

Edited by Anacybele

41 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVlGESh9Mc

I think your dream rocks! I kinda wish that I could go off and live in a cave all alone too, but if I did that, how would I also do all my other dreams? 

I've always wanted to work at LEGO, Disney, or Nintendo, or any other company that involves making people happy. More realistically, I'd like to get a job as a counselor, so if you want free life advice, just PM me! Cheaper than therapy!

Thanks for the positive response! Though I really wish my dream came true, I cannot deny that the negative consequences outweigh the positive. What if I gotten sick or injured while away from society? Talk about a crappy way to die. While I could just bring several books to entertain myself, I would deeply miss the luxuries such as heating, cooling, internet access, clean water, etc. You are right about failing to achieve my other dreams should I run away and pursue them like being around to play FE16.

Edited by Zerxen

Currently, I want to become a dentist. It's mainly because I was inspired by my dentist. And they also get good salary in my country. Besides, I like anything medical.

My other aspiration was to become a manga/comic book writer/artist, but unfortunately that would be very unlikey, since I doubt my art will improve much for the next few years, and I don't thing my writings would be really successful.

I also thought about making a video game, but I'm not too skilled at computers, so there's that.

I am trying to to figure out what to do with my life right now, I have been very depressed for the past several years and have had no motivation but I am trying to get motivated to do something with my life.  I guess my one dream is to be cured of my type one diabetes, other then that I would just like to find a job that pays for everything I need to live with some money left over for things I like.

My only real dream is to own a house. It's still a dream at this point because I live in California in the Bay Area where average house prices are in the 800,000s and you're considered lower income if you earn less than 120k a year. I could afford one if I moved to another state but eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh... there are very few states I'd consider living in.

I also toy with the idea of moving back to the UK. The main reason I don't is because uprooting a family and having to start over again with regards to finding work for two adults, plus the immigration requirements for my husband, all add up to a real headache.

So apart from wishing for more space in the house (I would SO love a sewing room. I really need a sewing room, I keep taking over our dining area with all my machines and fabric) I'm pretty content right now...

I would love to have a job where I can actually be happy with, since the past few jobs I've had were life draining and threatening.  Ultimately, I would love to either be an author and/or actually have a video game streaming career/thing going so that I can work on my own time and terms and not have to worry about thinking, "Oh, I might die at work today."  And by achieving this, I may be able to live a happy and comfortable lifestyle.

A goal I'm setting for myself, however, is to actually somehow weasel my way into working with board/table top gaming.  Help design one or be the sole designer and such.  My problem is how to have my ideas be put into practical execution.

Only to see as much of this big, beautiful world as one can see in a single lifetime.  Then die old and worldly. Surrounded by friends and family who say: He was a good man. He will be missed. In joy will we remember and retell his story.

A man can ask for nothing more in life. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Ever since I was 7 years old, I have wanted to become an author. Then the reality hit me and I realised that the chances to ever becoming successful, or even being able to live off of that career, are slim. That's why I'm studying to become a materials engineer (or chemical engineer, I haven't decided yet). My goal is to write on the side and if I ever do become successful, I can become an independent writer. Too bad, because of my studies and job I haven't had that much time to write but I still try to find every once in a while time to write a chapter or two. Also, even if my books never take off, it's still a fun hobby.

Does "find your dream/aspiration" count as a dream/aspiration? Because that's my situation for quite some time. I just want to find something fulfilling, fun and still manage to pay my bills in the end of the month, but I haven't had any luck and in most cases experimenting costs money.

21 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Passing IB is priority 1, then getting into Oxford University, after which I'll move on to becoming a historian full time.

How absolutely European of you.

My dream is to be able to find something that I have passion for but still be a stable job. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to work a job I enjoy without compromising what amounts to basically my personality. If I choose being a pastor or a clergy, I could lose my open mind to the rigidity of doctrine. If I become a politician, I may cause my moral compass to spin wildly. If I become a bereaucrat, I could find my logic bound in red tape. Lastly, if I become an historian, I may find that my words may fall on deaf ears, and that what I have taught will be meaningless to the dead. Anything else that I enjoy I find to be unlivable without motivation, something my depression won't allow me to have ever.

Getting even better at coding and preferably working with even more serious robotics but... I kinda feel it is just a dream because I always evaluate my skill and it simply is not there yet, haha.

Until then, good life, good work, preferably just enjoying whatever comes my way. I never was one for super dreams or such :D

• 2 weeks later...

It used to be in my signature before I moved it to the "interests" section of my profile page, but my biggest, most defining aspiration is to become a video game designer/developer! Particularly, my area of interest is in making RPGs, primarily Eastern-style, but I'm also fond of sidescrolling platformer-type games and, uh... whatever genre the Zelda games count as. Both 2D and 3D. I haven't seen them categorized very consistently in that regard... I guess action-adventure?

Anyway, basically, I'm interested in making games of the same sort that I myself like, although I do think it'd be neat to dabble in making other kinds of games as well, should the opportunity present itself.

I've been designing jRPGs for around 8 years or so (all ftp) but I only seriously considered going commercial with my games recently. While I work full-time, I hope to make a success of my upcoming games (plot is primary inspired by focusing on political conspiracy and general power-mongering rather than save the crystals/world hogwash and the main characters are partially based off my favourite FE units) by honing my skills (mainly pixel art, writing, studying reverse-engineering guides on Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 etc,) before I put my plans into action. 

Granted, it isn't an easy road being a solo indie-game developer, but if I persist long enough with it, I can succeed.

On 6/28/2017 at 4:52 AM, Ercdouken said:

I am fond of creating characters, stories, and all that stuff. I hope to start some kind of franchise some day. Currently coming up with ideas for a webcomic.

Same here! Only I'm writing a novel.

I'm the one who doesn't have dreams anymore. I had quite a few growing up, like designing video games, even some that carried through into my early adult years, like becoming a published writer. But I suppose with time comes the realization that none of them will ever happen, so now, I've pretty much written them all off as idiotic fantasies.