Blitzkrieg brainstorm

18 hours ago, TheTrueKnight said:

But I wanted to farm DLC exp/money lol, the Inner Sanctum is pretty useless - or, just not worth the time. :(

you can farm dlc exp/money even easier with the best weapons in the game. which you can acquire with a little skill using up theoretically 0-a few turns
I mean if that isn't low risk high reward idk what is lol

8 hours ago, Tsak said:

you can farm dlc exp/money even easier with the best weapons in the game. which you can acquire with a little skill using up theoretically 0-a few turns
I mean if that isn't low risk high reward idk what is lol

Yep, I have to dodge enemies and rush to chests that's right?

Walking into the first room of tower, smashing pots for 20-100 silver and punching evacuate takes about 15 seconds and requires 0 enemy dodging.

Past that Coral frags give a killer bow forge pre-desert and Alm swims in an ocean of gold marks (6-7 by first smith) so as long as you're aware of what the good forges are DLC farming seems pretty pointless.

7 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Walking into the first room of tower, smashing pots for 20-100 silver and punching evacuate takes about 15 seconds and requires 0 enemy dodging.

Past that Coral frags give a killer bow forge pre-desert and Alm swims in an ocean of gold marks (6-7 by first smith) so as long as you're aware of what the good forges are DLC farming seems pretty pointless.

Wait, what tower are you talking about? 
I was talking about farming the DLC which can give legendary or very rare weapon.

1 hour ago, TheTrueKnight said:

Wait, what tower are you talking about? 
I was talking about farming the DLC which can give legendary or very rare weapon.

Duma's tower. Act 4 is the first time you really "want' additional funds.

Rare drop weapons are all worse than in-game forges

I finished my Blitzkrieg Hard Classic run just now in 351 turns, 391 if Act 5 counts.

78llooE.jpg?3

Clearly there is a lot of wiggle room in obtaining the medal, and I thought I'd list out my individual map turn counts if it helps someone else plan out their own run or keep track of their progress.

Act I:

Spoiler

Act I:

Prologue: 4 (Not sure if it counts towards Blitzkrieg, I kind of doubt it)
Ram Woods: 3 (7)
Fleecer's Forest: 5 (12)
Thieves Shrine: 2 (14)
Ram Valley: 10 (24)
Southern Outpost: 8 (32)
Southern Zofia 1: 4 (36)
Southern Zofia 2: 6 (42)
Zofia Castle: 12 (54)

Total Act I: 54

Sacred Springs:

Thieves Shrine:
Alm Spd x1
Faye Spd x2

Deliverance Hideout:
Silque Atk x3

As I mentioned in my previous post here, Gray became a Mercenary, Tobin a Mage, Kliff an Archer, and Faye a Cleric.  I wasn't paying attention to the Prologue's objective -- if it's simply to defeat Slade, that should be a simple 1-turn clear.  Besides that, it would take a lot of RNG luck and/or patience to do significantly better here.  It may even be better to take it slower to ensure any Mercs and Archers you have can get promoted before the end of the Act.  I was able to promote Gray, but Kliff had to languish as an Archer for a while longer.  Silque gets Atk boosts from the springs to extend her Warp range later on.

Act II:

Spoiler

Act II:

Novis Cemetery: 6 (60)
Zofia Seaway 1: 5 (65)
Zofia Seaway: 2: 5 (70)
Pirate Throne: 8 (78)
Zofia Seaway 3: 6 (84)
Seabound Shrine: 4 (88)
Seabound Shrine Encounter: 3 (91)
Zofia Seaway 4: 3 (94)
Zofia Seaway 5: 4 (98)
Zofia Castle: 3 (101)

Total Act II: 47

Sacred Springs:

Priory:
Celica Spd x3

Seabound Shrine 1:
Leon Skl x3

Seabound Shrine 2:
Celica Res x2
Leon EXP x2

Probably the "best" section of the run in terms of turn efficiency and resource management.  One could hold off on the priory springs for Saber or Leon instead, but that will mean another skirmish in the graveyard.  I don't think it's possible to reasonably skip the gargoyle encounter in Seabound Shrine if one wants to get to the EXP spring.  With it, Leon is just barely able to get an early promotion.

Act III:

Spoiler

Act III:

(Alm)

Northern Zofia: 6 (107)
Zofia Forest 1: 6 (113)
Forest Crossroads: 7 (120)
Desaix's Fortress: 7 (127)
Zofia Forest 2: 5 (132)
Zofia Forest 2 Skirmish: 5 (137)
Forest Northside: 6 (143)
Sluice Gate: 7 (150)
Total Alm: 49

Sacred Springs:

Sylvan Shrine:
Silque EXP x3

(Celica)

Zofia Coast: 5 (155)
Mountain Graveyard: 3 (158)
Mountain Graveyard Skirmish: 3 (161)
Desert Stronghold: 13 (174)
Mountain Graveyard Skirmish: 3 (177)
Mountain Graveyard Skirmish: 3 (180)
Southern Desert: 9 (189)
Grieth's Citadel: 16 (205)
Desert Stronghold Skirmish: 2 (207)
Mountain Graveyard Skirmish: 3 (210)
Valley Approach: 5 (215)
Dragon Shrine Encounter: 2 (217)
Valley Approach Skirmish: 4 (221)
Temple of Mila: 8 (229)
Total Celica: 79

Total Act III: 128

Sacred Springs:

Temple of Mila 1:
Deen EXP x2

Temple of Mila 2:
Leon Atk x1
Deen Atk x1

Alm's section was good, but Celica's Act III is such a slog.  A lot of graveyard reinforcements, slow desert maps, and dodgy hit rates against a slew of mercenaries make this a frustrating experience indeed.  I didn't need to do the Dragon Shrine encounter -- I thought it had better rewards, but the only one I remember was the Coral Ring.  Important forges here include a Killer Bow on both sides for Kliff and Leon respectively, and one level on the Ridersbane for Mathilda.  Silque gets the EXP fountain in a long journey to get her to Lv. 18 for Invoke (Dread), more on that later.  I chose Deen over Sonya because Dread Fighters are immensely useful for Act IV, though I'm sure she has her uses as well.  Palla and Catria are just barely able to promote by the end.  It should be noted that I did not do each section one at a time, but alternated back and forth so neither side would get clogged with reinforcements.

Act IV:

Spoiler

Act IV:

(Alm) 

Border: 10 (239)
Rigel Forest: 5 (244)
Fear Mountain: 15 (259)
Nuibaba's Abode: 12 (271)
Rigel Plains: 3 (274)
Dragon's Maw: 2 (276)
Dragon's Maw Skirmish: 2 (278)
Rigel Falls: 7 (285)
Last Bastion: 8 (293)
Rigel Castle: 4 (297)
Total Alm: 68

Sacred Springs:

Fear Mountain:
Alm Spd x3

(Celica)

Dead Man's Mire: 8 (305)
Mire Boneyard: 2 (307)
Dolth Keep: 9 (316)
Mire Boneyard Skirmish: 4 (320)
Duma Gate: 9 (329)
Swamps of Duma: 6 (335)
Duma Tower Encounters: 16 (351)
Total Celica: 54

Total Act IV: 122

Sacred Springs:

Lost Treescape:
Catria Def x1
Celica Def x2

Duma Tower:
Celica Hp x2
Leon Def x1
Saber Def x1
Leon Atk x2

Act IV is the reason why we make Faye a Cleric.  Rescue was vital to my clearing of Nuibaba's map.  The strategy was simply to warp Alm into the abode, kill something with Double Lion (Nuibaba and the Cantor being the first targets), and Rescue him out.  Kliff picks off what he can in the mean time with Hunter Volleys.  The whole Fear Mountain/Nuibaba section is hellish, and I got lazy and started abusing Mila's Turnwheel.  I have no patience for randomly warping enemies. In Celica's section I had forgotten that there was a Mila Shrine in the Lost Treescape, so I backtracked to the temple to promote Deen, having to go through another skirmish as consequence.

Also, make sure to complete Celica's section before progressing further than Rigel Plains (Zeke's map).  If you don't, you get stopped on the way to Rigel Falls and have to fight Necrodragon reinforcements.  I'm actually not 100% sure what causes this encounter, I'm just positive it didn't happen on my first playthrough, when I did complete Celica's section early. 

Act V:

Spoiler

Act V:

Fear Mountain Encounters: 5 (356)
Duma Temple (Berkut): 5 (361)
Duma Temple Encounter: 2 (363)
Vault 1: 4 (367)
Vault 2: 5 (372)
Vault 3: 4 (376)
Altar of Duma: 15 (391)
Total Act V: 40

Sacred Springs:

Duma Temple:
Silque EXP x2

I backtracked to Fear Mountain to get the Speed Ring, but that wasn't necessary.  With the two free level ups from the springs, Silque finally hits Lv. 18 and learns Invoke (Dread) for use in the final chapter.  The summons distracted and lured out the Witch bosses, as well as Duma, and ultimately saved maybe one or turns?  It probably wasn't worth dumping those 5 free level ups into her.  The Nuibaba strategy of Warp/Rescuing Alm worked well here in fighting Duma.

MVPs of the run were Alm, Faye, Kliff, and Mathilda for Alm's side, and Celica, Saber, and Leon for Celica's.  Leon had the most kills at 117.  I think I'll leave it that for now.  Good luck to everyone on your Blitzkrieg runs.

Edited by DLNarshen

I'm currently in Ch.4 on my Hard/Classic Blitzkrieg run. Alm is right before the Nuibaba fight (I already have the strat worked out, just resetting for level ups lol), and Celica is right before Dolth. Currently sitting at 258 turns in total. There were times I derped like not visiting Forest Village before Sylvan Shrine to get the Blessed Lance, so I had to backtrack, and I also did a teeny bit of grinding in the Fear Shrine to get Silque promoted.

I actually used the DLC Boots on Celica in Ch. 2, so it's probably part of some turns I saved.

Rundown so far:

Spoiler

Prologue - 2 (Probably doesn't count, but I recorded it)

Ch. 1 - 44

Ram Forest - 3

Thief Forest - 4

Thief Shrine - 1 + 2

Ram Valley - 6

Southern Fort - 7

Zofia South 1 - 3

Zofia South 2 - 6

Zofia Castle - 12

Ch. 2 - 40

Novis Cemetary - 5

Sea Route 1 - 5

Sea Route 2 - 6

Pirate Fort - 4

Sea Route 3 - 4

Sea Shrine - 2

Sea Route 4 - 5

Sea Route 5 - 5

Zofia Castle - 4

Ch 3 - 114

Alm

Fernand - 5

Zofia Forest 1 - 6

Berkut - 2

Desaix Fort - 8

Zofia Forest 2 - 4

Encounter - 3 + 2

North Forest - 5

Zofia Dam - 10

Celica

Zofia Shore - 4

Encounter - 1

Mountain Cementary - 2

Desert Fort - 7 + 9

Encounter - 5

Deen - 6

Grieth Fort - 16

Encounter - 2 + 1

Mila Valley - 4

Encounter - 2 + 2

Mila Temple - 8

Encounter - 3

Ch 4

Alm

Berkut - 9

Saizo - 5~6

Encounter - 5

Marla - 15

Encounter - 3

Fear Shrine 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2

Celica

Swamp - 7

Swamp Cemetary - 3

Encounter - 3

Total - 258

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Having spent my first playthrough noodling around doing sub-quests and being really bad at dashing past enemies, I figure I'll attempt this for my second playthrough, which is kind of intimidating for me as I've never really strived for anything resembling an LTC before.

Anyway, really appreciating all the information that's been shared.

On 6/2/2017 at 6:32 PM, DLNarshen said:

I'm going for this on Hard Classic, and I'm currently at 54 turns after clearing Act 1.  Some maps could have been cleared faster with more liberal Lightning Sword use, but I didn't want Gray hogging all the Exp I need to be feeding into Faye, Alm, and Kliff.  I'm thinking 500 total turns is pretty lenient with minimal encounters, anyway.  Using Merc!Gray, Mage!Tobin, Archer!Kliff, and Cleric!Faye.

This is comforting information. I used the same setup for my villagers and I'm just a few turns below you after Act 1. Definitely could have shaved off a few turns by resetting when a high hit rate missed, but at this point that just seems too niggly. (I'm sure I'll feel differently when I'm knee deep in sand, cantors and witches from Acts 3 and 4.)

• 2 weeks later...