I Have a New-Found Appreciation for Palla

I don't see a "General Echoes Discussion" thread, so I figured I'd just make a new thread.

I really like Palla in Echoes.  She suffered as most of the Marthland units, apart from like 5 or so, from Shadow Dragon did in having very little character development, so she was pretty much just slower stronger Catria.

As the oldest, I see a lot of myself in her and can sort of relates to the sister dynamic the Whitewings have.  I'm also glad that Est gets a lot more development; my like for her was originally mostly from liking the Est archetype in general, but I'm liking her here as well.  They went and made Catria a killjoy for whatever reason, though.  Although, I guess that's true to life, in my family anyway.  Middlish sibling/cousin admonishing younger one without much tact and without regard to timing; Me/elder: eyeroll.

My only complaint is I wish they had some more support convos, maybe each sister getting a Valentia buddy to talk to each.  Only supporting with their sisters makes them feel more insular.  Although that seems the problem with a lot of units, not even supporting with units you'd think they would.  Clive and Clair can't support, why?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayy fellow Palla fans. Though I do like Catria too.

In a base conversation, Catria does say that she's often quiet because her two sisters beat her to the punch all the time. Palla is wise and caring, while Est is energetic, which left little room for Catria to do much.

I would have wanted more support convos for the Whitewings too, but I guess they don't have much reason to even be in the game in the first place, other than Est being Est again.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ayy fellow Palla fans. Though I do like Catria too.

In a base conversation, Catria does say that she's often quiet because her two sisters beat her to the punch all the time. Palla is wise and caring, while Est is energetic, which left little room for Catria to do much.

I would have wanted more support convos for the Whitewings too, but I guess they don't have much reason to even be in the game in the first place, other than Est being Est again.

To be fair, they were in Gaiden too, already.

I don't really dislike Catria, she's just my least favorite of the three, and she gets my bias of being compared to certain people I know IRL.

Est does get kidnapped more than Princess Toadstool, but it seems that half the units you get in Echoes are prisoners.  Est, Silque, Clair, Jesse, Mathilda... did I forget anybody?

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I don't really dislike Catria, she's just my least favorite of the three, and she gets my bias of being compared to certain people I know IRL.

Est does get kidnapped more than Princess Toadstool, but it seems that half the units you get in Echoes are prisoners.  Est, Silque, Clair, Jesse, Mathilda... did I forget anybody?

Delthea is more or less a prsioner. Tatiana. Zeke is being blackmailed because of that, that's basically a prisoner.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I know they were in Gaiden, and it's the same back then; they didn't have much reason to be in other than maybe fanservice.

Taitana is a prisoner too.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I know they were in Gaiden, and it's the same back then; they didn't have much reason to be in other than maybe fanservice.

Taitana is a prisoner too.

Yeah, it could be considered fanservice to a degree, but not a particularly egregious example, and they don't have to stretch believability to have them there.  It's not like the clone kids in Fates level.

It's cool that the Whitewings appear in more FE games than any other characters: FE1,2,3,11,12,15, not counting DLC or cameo appearances.

We have more character beginning their journey in a prison than the Elder Scrolls series.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, it could be considered fanservice to a degree, but not a particularly egregious example, and they don't have to stretch believability to have them there.  It's not like the clone kids in Fates level.

I guess. I wish they expanded more on how Est got kidnapped though, or changed that plot thread entirely.

Wut. Catria least favorite? FITE ME

Anyways, Celica was blessed with getting four supports, still don't get why with Atlas. Everyone was cursed with a low amount of supports. If there were more supports for everyone, I would like it to be someone that's completely unrelated to them, and some from the opposite sex (we didn't get a lot of these) that don't lead to romance.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

It's cool that the Whitewings appear in more FE games than any other characters: FE1,2,3,11,12,15, not counting DLC or cameo appearances.

We have more character beginning their journey in a prison than the Elder Scrolls series.

Camus.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

As the oldest, I see a lot of myself in her and can sort of relates to the sister dynamic the Whitewings have.  I'm also glad that Est gets a lot more development; my like for her was originally mostly from liking the Est archetype in general, but I'm liking her here as well.  They went and made Catria a killjoy for whatever reason, though.  Although, I guess that's true to life, in my family anyway.  Middlish sibling/cousin admonishing younger one without much tact and without regard to timing; Me/elder: eyeroll.

I really like all three sisters equally. Palla and Est are true to the stereotypical sibling characteristics without it seeming forced or whatever. Being the middle child I expected Catria to be more energetic? I'm a middle child and I definitely have the whole 'middle child syndrome' which Catria seems to lack? The supports with Est just make her seem careless rather than just lacking tact. 

As everyone's already said, I too would've liked more supports in general. But specifically it would have been nice if at least one of the sisters had interacted with another character as you don't really get a true sense of character from just talking with their siblings. When people are put in different situations it shows off other sides of their personality. 

I love Palla mostly because I share same sentiments with her, even though I'm the youngest of my family I tend to be the older person figure for some reason..

I really wish they would've had more supports than just each other.  I liked the small conversations that they have when talking to them in villages or Mila Statues, but there could've been more.

Honestly Est got more sympathy in this game than in the Akaneia parts. I really like the after battle quote when one of her sisters died. It's really depressing as touching.

Gameplaywise I find Palla the worst peg. knight in the game. Well, she has the highest strength of the four, but therefore the lowest speed. The perfect victim for dread fighters.
As for the conversations she's my favorite of them.
Also she has a better voice than Catria. Catria's voice is too deep  for me while Palla's is very bright.

Actually there's no FE game I dislike a peg. knight... except maybe Yuno for being plain bad.
Can't say much about Misaha though for never recruiting her.

I also would've appreciated them having a Valentia buddy support. Any of the three could've had a support with Jesse or Clair. Jesse was trying to save Est, and the whole talking about pegasi from different land thing is super-easy.

Personally, was hoping for Est x Jesse, Palla x Luthier, and Catria x Clair. But alas. Still happy with what we got, but I hope if the remake series continues, they focus a little more on supports.

Catria is probably my favorite, but I love the sisters. One of the few times I like the originals better than any other characters following in the archetype's foot-steps.

31 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

Honestly Est got more sympathy in this game than in the Akaneia parts. I really like the after battle quote when one of her sisters died. It's really depressing as touching.

Gameplaywise I find Palla the worst peg. knight in the game. Well, she has the highest strength of the four, but therefore the lowest speed. The perfect victim for dread fighters.
As for the conversations she's my favorite of them.
Also she has a better voice than Catria. Catria's voice is too deep  for me while Palla's is very bright.

Actually there's no FE game I dislike a peg. knight... except maybe Yuno for being plain bad.
Can't say much about Misaha though for never recruiting her.

...Misha? Sorry, Misaha is actually another character (Tellius, not recruitable), so I got genuinely confused.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Sure, but isn't she creeping on her sister's boyfriend? This is why we cultured, civilized people prefer Catria.

Isn't Catria trying to creep on someone else's boyfriend?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Isn't Catria trying to creep on someone else's boyfriend?

Su~re, but that's a prince! And it's not her sister's boyfriend. She's creeping from afar, while Palla's rubbing her hands together, waiting for Est to slip up.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Su~re, but that's a prince! And it's not her sister's boyfriend. She's creeping from afar, while Palla's rubbing her hands together, waiting for Est to slip up.

"Abel's mine!"
"No, Abel's mine!"
"Girls, there's a perfectly good Cain standing right there."
"BUTT OUT, CATRIA! You're after Marth!"

Palla is my favorite girl in Gaiden / Echoes.

Though it was Heroes that made me fall in love with her. She looks and sounds so beautiful in Heroes...

I love her Echoes design as well. She looks so gentle and elegant.

The back of her outfit has a heart-shaped cutout. Such a lovely little touch!

I haven't gotten her in Echoes so I can't speak about her gameplay wise, but I found Palla and Catria to be about equally as good in Gaidn. Palla did more damage but Catria had higher speed. And Est... well, with the Angel Ring doubling her level up gains, she became insanely good.

As for the lack of supports... well, that's just a general problem in Echoes.

Just now, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I haven't gotten her in Echoes so I can't speak about her gameplay wise, but I found Palla and Catria to be about equally as good in Gaidn. Palla did more damage but Catria had higher speed. And Est... well, with the Angel Ring doubling her level up gains, she became insanely good.

As for the lack of supports... well, that's just a general problem in Echoes.

Palla is significantly worse than Catria in the original FE2, and her Str lead (1 higher base, 10 higher growth) is not meaningful at all.  It's more even in Echoes, however.

So Palla was one of my MVPs on my first Echoes playthrough. Falcon Knight Palla+forged Blessed Lance (not even fully forged)=Ultimate Terror Slayer. She was able to take out Necrodragons and other Terrors with ease. The best part is that she took little damage in return. Except for Fiends. Those guys are tough.

This was on Hard btw.

Edited by Armagon

Welcome to the Palla club! She was definitely a candidate for my fork (although Zeke will win out)

I fell in love with Palla as she absolutely crushed it in FE3 book 2. That engine really favored her high STR, DEF, & HP, arguably the three most important stats. I've always found her to be the prettiest of the three sisters. I like Catria too, and Est is my least favorite.

Palla's echoes design and art is by far and away my favorite!

I make on confession: I always pronounced her name as Paula, imagine my shock when I heard it said for the first time! 

Palla is great.
She's always been my favorite of the 3.
Although Echoes made me like Catria a lot more, I still like Palla the most.
I like Est a lot too in Echoes, so.

I've always liked the Whitewings, and, while there was no good reason for Palla, Catria, & Est to be here, I enjoyed there appearance here. Their new art is great, and the animation for Triangle Attack is fantastic.

Of course, everyone knows that the best Whitewing is their founder, Minerva, but Palla is pretty cool too.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I really like Palla in Echoes.  She suffered as most of the Marthland units, apart from like 5 or so, from Shadow Dragon did in having very little character development, so she was pretty much just slower stronger Catria.

Yeah, Shadow Dragon needed to have things like support conversations. But they got a lot more character development in New Mystery, as they each could have support conversations with each other, Minerva, and Kris.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

To be fair, Est messed up the natural order of the color attraction scheme. The blue-haired Catria likes the blue-haired Marth, green-haired Palla likes the green-haired Abel. So, Est, having red/pink hair should've gone after the red-haired Cain. That's the natural order of things. But, instead, she had to go be a rebel and marry a guy with green hair...