One small problem with the Overclasses...

Aside from Celica's Rigain and Alm's Conqueror, other overclasses remove unique victory poses. Mae doesn't do her "hands at her hips" when she becomes the Enchantress, but dramatically turns around. I have two problems with this:

1. Victory poses will not "match" a character's personality.

2. Removes the "unique-ness" of each character after each battle.

I'm really not keen on taking away Kamui's sword sheathe or Deen's sword launching abilities. Does anyone else have a problem with this or is it just me?

Found out that the overclasses only raise the stat cap by about 1 or 2 points while removing class growth rates so essentially youre not even getting any stronger by using them unless youre a character who doesnt have the chance to go back to villager like 20% of the cast does. And also 90% of your level ups as an overclass wont give you a stat at all because of the removed growth rates. Honestly theyre pure aesthetic, the stats you have before and after the overclass will look nearly identical.

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

1 hour ago, RennacIsUnderrated said:

Found out that the overclasses only raise the stat cap by about 1 or 2 points while removing class growth rates so essentially youre not even getting any stronger by using them unless youre a character who doesnt have the chance to go back to villager like 20% of the cast does. And also 90% of your level ups as an overclass wont give you a stat at all because of the removed growth rates. Honestly theyre pure aesthetic, the stats you have before and after the overclass will look nearly identical.

What? I saw that the overclasses still maintained the class growth rates.

Also, not sure their purely asthetic, given that most learn new spells or class skills that make them noticeably more useful.

1 minute ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Also, not sure their purely asthetic, given that most learn new spells or class skills that make them noticeably more useful.

Although Clerics are also apparently capable of being inflicted with temporary amnesia and forgetting their spells for a little while, too.

Overclasses are just a mess all around. Conqueror and Rigain are okay-ish (but why Aura of all things), although Alm doesn't really need the buff to begin with. But I'm not sure what they were smoking with the rest of the classes. Some of them barely change, one of them even gets nerfed a little bit to counteract a relatively small upgrade, and then you've got insane crap like Lemegeton. I'm probably not going to invest in them anytime soon.

The real issue with the Overclasses is just how fucking long it takes to actually promote into one. Sure, Guru's are nice in that they are basically playablr Cantors, but unless you extensivly grind, you'll beat the game long before you access an Overclass. Especially for characters that have a 3rd-tier promotion.

2 hours ago, KongDude said:

Unique victory poses are changed to generic for some character's that don't work with their class. It's disappointing that it's a generic animation in the same class line.

Could you point me to some characters that maintain their unique victory poses when they become certain classes?

1 minute ago, Slimey said:

Could you point me to some characters that maintain their unique victory poses when they become certain classes?

Basically the villagers. Tobin has his fist pump, Kliff has his neck scratch, can't remember Faye and Gray's. I can't test a lot with other characters because class changing isn't a thing unless it's a promotion or a pitchfork.

17 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Basically the villagers. Tobin has his fist pump, Kliff has his neck scratch, can't remember Faye and Gray's. I can't test a lot with other characters because class changing isn't a thing unless it's a promotion or a pitchfork.

Actually, Gray's is the fist pump. Tobin just lifts his weapon triumphantly (he does this even as a mage). Faye puts her arms behind her back, resembling her character portrait.

19 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Tobin points/holds out his weapon and Gray does the fist pump. Faye holds her weapon behind her back sorta like Jesse but with her hands clasped. Side note, Kliff looks funny straightening his collar when he doesn't have one.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

For me should I get the Lost Altars DLC to begin with it would depend on the one in question as in a lot of cases I prefer the already in game counterpart to said class. For instance I like how sages and Bowknights look better than the Solomon and Elephant Rider class. And since I'm having little to no trouble on the maps I fail to see the incentive on why one would do the amount of grinding necessary to acquire the over classes in the first place. Oger looks cool but I wish they didn't vanish so I could appreciate their design more. For Echoes none of the DLC is in anyway necessary unless maybe you want to max forge all of your weapons than you might need the money DLC maps.

7 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

What? I saw that the overclasses still maintained the class growth rates.

I am pretty positive they dont have the same growths, Deen had 0 stats maxed and I had 15 blank level ups as a yasha.

12 hours ago, Iridium said:

Although Clerics are also apparently capable of being inflicted with temporary amnesia and forgetting their spells for a little while, too.

Spellcasters temporarily forget the spells they learn in their third tier class, and will relearn them at the level they originally learned them in their third tier class. So, for example, Tatiana learns Fortify as a Saint at level 4, when she promotes to Exemplar, she will "forget" it, but will re-learn it at level 4 of Exemplar. I think that's probably just a programming error on their part, but that's how it works.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

The real issue with the Overclasses is just how fucking long it takes to actually promote into one. Sure, Guru's are nice in that they are basically playablr Cantors, but unless you extensivly grind, you'll beat the game long before you access an Overclass. Especially for characters that have a 3rd-tier promotion.

Yeah, you're unlikely to hit the cap in the main story. I think that you should've been able to promote to the overclass at around level 10. But the level grinding goes pretty quick with Lords of the Dead DLC...

It baffles me how they have unique animations for the original classes, but these extras don't have those. You'd have thought the DLC classes would look better seeing that they're DLC.

I'd still have gotten those, though. It really helps with the uneven promotions issue in the original game, especially since almost everyone I use in my final team don't have 3rd tier classes. (I already have Alm and Celica to fill the physical unit role, so I didn't have Dread Fighters.)

Other then the terrible design and lack of special animations, these classes are pretty much useless. Just to clarify, I've beat the game in normal (where it's really useless), and I don't really see a good reason to use them in hard either. 

Edited by abits

I've been playing on hard mode, I'm in part 4 and have experienced nothing that made me want to get and use ANY of the DLC much less the over classes also I have almost everybody in their final promotion. #YoudontneedDLCforthisgame.

On 27/05/2017 at 11:59 AM, Slimey said:

Aside from Celica's Rigain and Alm's Conqueror, other overclasses remove unique victory poses. Mae doesn't do her "hands at her hips" when she becomes the Enchantress, but dramatically turns around. I have two problems with this:

I'm really not keen on taking away Kamui's sword sheathe or Deen's sword launching abilities. Does anyone else have a problem with this or is it just me?

Ah. Not gonna lie, this is actually bothersome to me. Victory poses are just so good. It's a shame, I like the designs.
I guess that if you have overclasses, you really are at the end of all, but still. :/

Huh, now that I think about it, that's a concept, a bunch of DLC's you buy after you maxed everything. Bragging Rights Reward ? Bragging Rights DLC ?

On 5/27/2017 at 4:59 AM, Slimey said:

Eh I turned off battle animations long ago so these aren't likely to bug me.

5 hours ago, bufkus said:

Eh I turned off battle animations long ago so these aren't likely to bug me.

Was just going to post this. Half of the listed problems go away when you don't even use animations.