Noob: Got Azura but should i reroll?

Zor

Hey, i have ZERO experience in this game, the first thing i opened was Azura, i just read a random tier lists and tells me that if i get something like Azura i should reconsider rerolling. So should i? Is maybe a more balanced team more desirable? i have no clue...

SO far i got:  (CNET's tier list, idk if tiers matter or synergies matter more : http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tier_List)
-Azura  -Beruka  - Corrin Female  - Shanna - Sakura - Soren - Tiki adult - Raigh - Matthew - Virion - Anna - -Cecilia - Palla - -Abel 

Edited by Zor

Honestly, I'd work with what you have. These days, I don't think rerolling gives any advantage, unless you desperately want X character. Your luck can come in such swings and roundabouts that even just having three 5*'s doesn't do much... and it takes so long to do that it doesn't feel worth it. 

My Azura is amazing, so I'd say stop there anyway xD 

35 minutes ago, Zor said:

Hey, i have ZERO experience in this game, the first thing i opened was Azura, i just read a random tier lists and tells me that if i get something like Azura i should reconsider rerolling. So should i? Is maybe a more balanced team more desirable? i have no clue...

SO far i got:  (CNET's tier list, idk if tiers matter or synergies matter more : http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tier_List)
-Azura  -Beruka  - Corrin Female  - Shanna - Sakura - Soren - Tiki adult - Raigh - Matthew - Virion - Anna - -Cecilia - Palla - -Abel 

Right now, that's about as good as you can expect.

You literally have less than 0.5% chance of pulling something better than Azura, so I'd either take her and run with her, or wait until the wedding banner drops (monday or tuesday), and hope that those units are better than her (which is not guaranteed)

All dancers are top tier, but Azura is clearly the strongest and is locked to 5 star rarity, thus she's one of the rarest to roll in the game. There is a focus banner going on for her right now, but I wouldn't rely on that since nothing is guaranteed in this game. Also a free hero rotation that will eventually get you 1 and 2 star olivias that you could bring up over time.

Either the person said you should reroll if you don't get a character like Azura and you missed the "don't", or you encountered a very strange and clueless person. 

I'm going to play devils advocate and say you should reroll unless Azura is your favourite character and you were really gunning for her. 

None of the units you have are worth using or even promoting outside of Azura without severe investment - and even with skill inheritence investment, there are better options.In the future, we'll be getting content that requires more than the usual four units (which is what you basically need a team of four with a solid foundation for current content).

Similarly, even though Azura's the best dancer in the game, you don't have anyone to support her like Linde, a -blade user, etc. Frankly, your team composition looks pretty bad. 

The best call would be to keep playing and get more orbs from the story and hope to get some better pulls or reroll for a better team. Heck, outside of Palla, Shanna and Abel, you don't even have Lon'qu or Hinata for SI bait (although you won't and shouldn't worry about this until after you've caught up in the story).

I'd much rather have a team of 3* Nino, 4* Eirika, dancer and a 5* physical unit, as it makes for an extremely solid team foundation.

3 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I'm going to play devils advocate and say you should reroll unless Azura is your favourite character and you were really gunning for her. 

None of the units you have are worth using or even promoting outside of Azura without severe investment - and even with skill inheritence investment, there are better options.In the future, we'll be getting content that requires more than the usual four units (which is what you basically need a team of four with a solid foundation for current content).

Similarly, even though Azura's the best dancer in the game, you don't have anyone to support her like Linde, a -blade user, etc. Frankly, your team composition looks pretty bad. 

The best call would be to keep playing and get more orbs from the story and hope to get some better pulls or reroll for a better team. Heck, outside of Palla, Shanna and Abel, you don't even have Lon'qu or Hinata for SI bait (although you won't and shouldn't worry about this until after you've caught up in the story).

I'd much rather have a team of 3* Nino, 4* Eirika, dancer and a 5* physical unit, as it makes for an extremely solid team foundation.

Huh? Palla, Abel, Azura, and Soren does more than well enough as a starting team composition.

There's no reason to require a top-of-the-line team or skill inheritance fodder out of the gate.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Huh? Palla, Abel, Azura, and Soren does more than well enough as a starting team composition.

There's no reason to require a top-of-the-line team or skill inheritance fodder out of the gate.

Yes, it could work for the early starting periods and story mode. However, it definitely won't work for any of the higher end content such as Grand Hero Battles, the incoming survival mode that requires you to take out team members who die and won't be scoring even remotely high in arena. 

Soren and Azura are the only ones usable. Ideally, you'd want Nino over Soren, but Soren will do well enough regardless. 

Supposed he does complete the story content and does some summons and gets nothing good. This is the worst case scenario, yes, but he'd be in a particularly bad spot. Ryoma, Hector and arguably Takumi are more effective 'solo' carries from the Golden Week banner than Azura, the latter who benefits much better from a team composition. 

6 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Yes, it could work for the early starting periods and story mode. However, it definitely won't work for any of the higher end content such as Grand Hero Battles, the incoming survival mode that requires you to take out team members who die and won't be scoring even remotely high in arena. 

Soren and Azura are the only ones usable. Ideally, you'd want Nino over Soren, but Soren will do well enough regardless. 

Supposed he does complete the story content and does some summons and gets nothing good. This is the worst case scenario, yes, but he'd be in a particularly bad spot. Ryoma, Hector and arguably Takumi are more effective 'solo' carries from the Golden Week banner than Azura, the latter who benefits much better from a team composition. 

Eh, Azura's combat is pretty amazing though. In the Arena at his score tier, he's most likely going to run into teams where their best unit(s) are Red Swords, and Azura just devours them. Enough to tide him over to get 20k feathers and 5* someone else, I'd say.

10 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

From the looks of things, they've only done two full summons so far. There's still an enormous amount of available orbs that will most likely yield other effective characters. Rerolling just because of not getting an entire high-power team this fast is ridiculous.

Edited by Othin

Just now, Othin said:

From the looks of things, they've only done like two full summons yet. There's still an enormous amount of available orbs that will most likely yield other effective characters. Rerolling just because of not getting an entire high-power team this fast is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous, the whole point of rerolling is to have a solid foundation without relying on future pulls. Thus, if you get unlucky, which is actually likely as gacha games are set up so the odds are against you, you're ultimately in a bad position.  

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Eh, Azura's combat is pretty amazing though. In the Arena at his score tier, he's most likely going to run into teams where their best unit(s) are Red Swords, and Azura just devours them. Enough to tide him over to get 20k feathers and 5* someone else, I'd say.

Azura definitely does devour reds, although Abel already fills a similar roll in his team. Ideally, unlike Ryoma/Hector/Takumi who are the clear best at soloing content Azura isn't the best blue at soloing content (Linde is). It'll take him awhile to get 20k feathers, but with a voting gauntlet coming up mid next-month, it's only awhile away. Either way, Soren would be most ideal to promote from there given his current pulls, but as said earlier, it'd be much better to invest into a Nino, especially since he pulled Azura.

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

However, it definitely won't work for any of the higher end content such as Grand Hero Battles,

The Ice Dragon Zephiel Grand Hero Battle Challenge says otherwise, as does every Youtuber who does 3-star and 4-star free unit only videos.

16 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

It's not ridiculous, the whole point of rerolling is to have a solid foundation without relying on future pulls. Thus, if you get unlucky, which is actually likely as gacha games are set up so the odds are against you, you're ultimately in a bad position.

Your "solid foundation" is excavating down to bedrock and filling the entire hole with steel-reinforced concrete. You don't need that to build a house.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Ice Dragon Zephiel Grand Hero Battle Challenge says otherwise, as does every Youtuber who does 3-star and 4-star free unit only videos.

I don't think it's comparable at all. A lot of testing and work goes into those types of strategies and comparing it to the time or effort an average player would want to invest into isn't realistic. It may be possible to beat some of the GHBs with even 2* units, but that's obviously not ideal and not something a normal player can accomplish. I definitely wouldn't bother wasting the time, energy or resources trying to complete these Grand Hero Battles, let alone factoring in that the repeats will have quests with free orbs that require you to take a specific unit, effectively turning 4 units into 3 units if you haven't trained up your Narcien/Navarre/Ursula/etc.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Your "solid foundation" is excavating down to bedrock and filling the entire hole with steel-reinforced concrete. You don't need that to build a house.

The thing is, the team you suggested with Abel, Palla, Azura and Soren is a clearly weak team. It's not a solid foundation at all. Palla and Abel are severely outclassed, Soren is up there although still outclassed by a 3* base and Azura is the best dancer, yet dancers obtain most benefit from having a good team composition.

13 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I don't think it's comparable at all. A lot of testing and work goes into those types of strategies and comparing it to the time or effort an average player would want to invest into isn't realistic. It may be possible to beat some of the GHBs with even 2* units, but that's obviously not ideal and not something a normal player can accomplish. I definitely wouldn't bother wasting the time, energy or resources trying to complete these Grand Hero Battles, let alone factoring in that the repeats will have quests with free orbs that require you to take a specific unit, effectively turning 4 units into 3 units if you haven't trained up your Narcien/Navarre/Ursula/etc.

I mean, all you have to do is train up a few of the free units, then watch mkv's vid and follow it step by step. The point about the re-releases makes sense though.

6 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

1. You said "definitely won't work". My response clearly show that statement to be wrong.
  2. While I agree that it isn't comparable, what my examples do show is that the floor to being able to get the job done is a lot lower than where the OP's team is currently at.

10 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

The thing is, the team you suggested with Abel, Palla, Azura and Soren is a clearly weak team. It's not a solid foundation at all. Palla and Abel are severely outclassed, Soren is up there although still outclassed by a 3* base and Azura is the best dancer, yet dancers obtain most benefit from having a good team composition.

There's a very important distinction between "outclassed" and "unable to do the job" that you appear to be unwilling to acknowledge. The existence of a better alternative doesn't make something worse at its job. If someone invents a hammer that hits nails on its own, it doesn't somehow make the hammer I already own any less able to hit nails.

You also seem to severely underestimate what Palla and Abel are capable of, but I'll leave that argument for sometime else unless you really want to argue. By your attitude, I'm willing to bet that you don't bother to use the characters you deem outclassed to see how they actually hold up.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The point about the re-releases makes sense though.

Except that Mkv. has also been doing videos for those quests, too.

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I mean, all you have to do is train up a few of the free units, then watch mkv's vid and follow it step by step. The point about the re-releases makes sense though.

Yeah, that's a fair point although relying purely on external sources for guides may not always be an option. We'll have to see how the game develops in the future though.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. You said "definitely won't work". My response clearly show that statement to be wrong.
  2. While I agree that it isn't comparable, what my examples do show is that the floor to being able to get the job done is a lot lower than where the OP's team is currently at.

There's a very important distinction between "outclassed" and "unable to do the job" that you appear to be unwilling to acknowledge. The existence of a better alternative doesn't make something worse at its job. If someone invents a hammer that hits nails on its own, it doesn't somehow make the hammer I already own any less able to hit nails.

You also seem to severely underestimate what Palla and Abel are capable of, but I'll leave that argument for sometime else unless you really want to argue. By your attitude, I'm willing to bet that you don't bother to use the characters you deem outclassed to see how they actually hold up.

Except that Mkv. has also been doing videos for those quests, too.

The initial post I made I don't think includes any incorrect information. Similarly, expecting him to do Grand Hero Battles with the team he has would be extremely difficult. He'd have to unlock the daily free units and work from there. I agree there is a distinction between outclassed, however min-maxing units is idealised and preferred. Compared to the versatility of the higher-end blue/reds, Palla and Abel are severely outclassed. Does that make them useless? No. But they are much more undesirable compared to a fair margin of the cast, possibly even a majority. 

The point of the original post was quite clearly indicating that the reroll he has is ultimately not that good just because he got Azura and there are much better rerolls he could have.

Either way, I'll try to explain my thought process further tomorrow as I have an assignment tonight. I'm happy to continue discussion then.

My answer to rerolling is "no", short of the game glitching out.  Heroes isn't so hard that you'll be screwed if you don't pull (insert unit here).  Learn how to play the game first - even -Atk Odin should be of use temporarily.  And until you learn how to play the game, ignore the tier list.  If you don't have the fundamentals, you won't fully understand why unit X is in tier Y.

I’m definitely not the best at the game (like, at all) but I think that in doubt, the answer is probably “no”.

Even disregarding the fact that Azura is great, the main point in this game is to learn how to utilise what you get and have on hand.

Keep it.

Azura and Soren are both great units. That's half a team right there, a blue melee unit/refresher and a green mage.

6 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Soren is pretty good and definitely worth using. Nino might be a better green mage, but I've used Soren to get deathless runs in the arena the last few weeks.

And he'd also be a unit that Azura would support and refresh. Although TC didn't say if he's 4* or 5*.

On the other hand... what unit would actually be worth rerolling Azura for? The only ones that fall into mind immediately for me are Hector and Ryoma. Or, alternately, getting 2 or more 5*s.

The chance of getting someone better than Azura is very low, and probably not worth the time and effort.

Playing without dancer is terrible idea. especially for beginner. And Azura is best one of bunch.

Pala us pretty great well balanced unit good for start and later for potential moonbow/flyer buff fodder (she us still core of my team and I don't regret promoting her though ) . Soren is fine I guess and Cecilia is right down great.

Remaining spot need to be filed by someone else, but Abel will be sufficient for now.

So yeah, you will not get better deal than that easily. Unless you get Azura AND Hector/Reinhardt/Takumi

3 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

On the other hand... what unit would actually be worth rerolling Azura for? The only ones that fall into mind immediately for me are Hector and Ryoma. Or, alternately, getting 2 or more 5*s.

You answered the question yourself. Hector, Ryoma are obvious. Ike, Linde, Julia and Takumi are also up there without any skill inheritance - although the extent of Takumi/Julia being better than Azura is definitely arguable. With skill inheritance or feathers to promote 4*s included, you'll get a few other monsters such as Reinhardt, Nino, Effie and Nowi who can help solo content that Azura could only dream to. In comparison, Azura being the best dancer isn't nearly as good as pulling a unit who trivialises story content. Azura is ideal paired with the forementioned picks such as Linde, Nino, Reinhardt and such for easy arena defences. 

Also, rerolling is the only opportunity you can go for a 'guaranteed' two 5*'s.

Edit: I think the best advice here would be if you do keep the account, prepare yourself early to throw it away in case you don't get any other good units from the orbs you get from the story. 

Edited by SlipperySlippy

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m definitely not the best at the game (like, at all) but I think that in doubt, the answer is probably “no”.

Even disregarding the fact that Azura is great, the main point in this game is to learn how to utilise what you get and have on hand.

This is the biggest thing, I'd say. It's more interesting to take what comes and do what you can with it than stress right off the bat about getting The Perfect Team. You'll get something workable eventually, even if it takes some time and feathers.

How many rerolls would it take to get something better than an early Azura, anyway? My guess is well over 100. That's ridiculous.

Edited by Othin

OH GODS NO!

Unless you really don't like her, Azura is one of the best units in the game, and also by far, one of the rarest. You don't know if you will be able to pull her again, even if she is a focus right now.  And at the same time , you don't know for sure if you wouldn't pull fantastic units later.  Besides, even with the team yo have now, it looks pretty usable to me for a while, even if it doesn't completely steam roll over everything.