Noob: Got Azura but should i reroll?

Zor

Uhh... Different opinion over here...

Azura is great from a competitive standpoint but there will always be more azura banners. There is about to be another line of special banner in which the characters in the banner may never appear again. In this case, bride's will be released may 30th which means 4 bride's or 2 bride's 2 groom's (we don't know yet) will come out for half a month and never appear again. THAT is the time to reroll until you get at least 2.

That is of course assuming you care about bride's/groom's in the slightest. If you don't I'd say don't listen to anyone here and look at gamepres's list of characters and decide if you like Azura or you want another freebie.  One note, rolling for a character not in a banner is time consuming as hell. I spend weeks rerolling for leo when there wasn't a banner for him and I regret it because later there was.  

Favorites and gameplay.

For Favorites sake. If you want unit X go reroll for it man.

For Gameplay. Azura can just fit in all teams but the very specialized ones. So Unless you plan to learn to speak whale (and orca) you are golden with Azura.

4 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

You answered the question yourself. Hector, Ryoma are obvious. Ike, Linde, Julia and Takumi are also up there without any skill inheritance - although the extent of Takumi/Julia being better than Azura is definitely arguable. With skill inheritance or feathers to promote 4*s included, you'll get a few other monsters such as Reinhardt, Nino, Effie and Nowi who can help solo content that Azura could only dream to. In comparison, Azura being the best dancer isn't nearly as good as pulling a unit who trivialises story content. Azura is ideal paired with the forementioned picks such as Linde, Nino, Reinhardt and such for easy arena defences. 

Also, rerolling is the only opportunity you can go for a 'guaranteed' two 5*'s.

Edit: I think the best advice here would be if you do keep the account, prepare yourself early to throw it away in case you don't get any other good units from the orbs you get from the story. 

Yes Hector might be better if he get  dancer (Azura) or Olwen. Nowi is pretty fail until she get swordbreaker. Linde and Nino are not that great and Takumi inflated pretty badly as well. Ike and Ryoma are good but they can be easily replaced by Xander who will be free  again soon or later.

With Azura as corner stone and decent units he already rolled only shining future can be expected for this account.

If you reroll you will certainly regret as no matter how great unit you roll they will be only half as good as they could be with dancer.

Edited by Tenzen12

14 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Similarly, expecting him to do Grand Hero Battles with the team he has would be extremely difficult. He'd have to unlock the daily free units and work from there.

And is there anything wrong with clearing the daily hero battles and using those characters?

I agree there is a distinction between outclassed, however min-maxing units is idealised and preferred.

And only necessary for top-tier arena.

5 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

With skill inheritance or feathers to promote 4*s included, you'll get a few other monsters such as Reinhardt, Nino, Effie and Nowi who can help solo content that Azura could only dream to. In comparison, Azura being the best dancer isn't nearly as good as pulling a unit who trivialises story content.

What's the point of playing the game if your only goal is to trivialize the game by starting with top-tier characters that already solo the game?

Compared to the versatility of the higher-end blue/reds, Palla and Abel are severely outclassed. Does that make them useless? No. But they are much more undesirable compared to a fair margin of the cast, possibly even a majority. 

Abel is outclassed in his role as blue cavalry by Reinhardt, Olwen, Ursula, and Peri, and among them, only Reinhardt is better out of the box. Olwen and Peri require significant investment to outclass Abel, and Ursula is not available through summoning.

Palla's default Ruby Sword and Moonbow is more than enough to cover for her for the majority of the game's content without any skill inheritance. Even if the OP manages to get a better sword user later on, Palla is still useful to teach Moonbow or Wings of Mercy, both of which are incredibly good skills.

I honestly think outside of reroll that straight up break the game completely(Odin periodically, Tharja, Nino, Reinhardt 5* + Jagen), or Klein, Azura is actually the very best in long term because this gives you a 5* Dancer to work with

I consider Olivia > Azura, but Olivia faces such a huge diminishing return case where 4* Olivia is already the best unit in the game, and she did not offers you much Arena points unless you invest 20k Feather, and she didn't come on her own until you give her Ruby Sword. In total this is like what 40k Feather?

Azura, by comparison only requires SI from Olivia to arguably reach her maximum potential. Thats a really huge save for your feather investment, at 2200.

Edited by JSND

Azura is a great character, one of the best in the game. It seems like a huge waste of time & energy to re-roll, hoping to get better than that, because you probably won't. You should only consider re-rolling if there's one specific character that's you're favorite in the series and that you absolutely need to have. You're unlikely to get a better roll unless you re-roll A LOT. There's no point in doing that, you should just start having fun playing the game!

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

If you don't have the fundamentals, you won't fully understand why unit X is in tier Y.

Since I never rerolled in the first place, I'd say it's even better if you could just stick with what you have no matter what and work around it with patience and virtue.

I know it's not that easy, but as you journey on, you'll get to know, think, and find what kind of unit you'll truly need that fits your style of play, and I promise you that it won't simply be "meta is best". Don't yearn for only the perfect meta team as it'll only serve to tunnel vision new players instead. The moderator definitely explained what I'm thinking first though, so kudos to you, Eclipse :^_^: