Thracia 776 Complete Menu Translation, VWF, Double RNG

ChimeraHardline

On 30/7/2017 at 9:35 PM, ChimeraHardline said:

Eventually, but I no longer have the time to work on it consistently, so unfortunately I don't have a good sense of how long it will take.

But do you plan to translate the script of the history and dialogues of Thracia? I say it because I really like the typeface you use for Thracia.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long do you think it will take before a menu translation patch will be compatible with the previous one? So we can have both updated menus and script.

Edited by Mangs

• 2 weeks later...

This may just by be me but I don't know how to patch or anything ( I'm new to roms and emulators and this type of stuff) and what happens is that I go to run it and it just appears black the emulator that I'm using is the zsnesw and the read me is confusing to me so if anyone can help me with this it would help out a lot ( also again I'm new to this stuff and it might be something very simple but I'm just starting) 

Great job, the Game became so much more playable with this. Of the 2 menu translations right now, I much prefer this one.

Some things I've noticed/Some things that bothered me

Pressing R when all units are gray makes some of the options mess up the box

59f0194e5000c_FE5CH000.png.02625251766343434ac9780fe9550863.png

I know this was done on purpose, but the new unit map palettes don't really seem like an improvement. The villagers have white hair, and now the enemies don't have that stylish purple hair. If/When you do make the original graphics patch, make that the default.

59f01de505cd6_FE5Colors.png.5a7a7c7268c05e585fe30db46ca8970d.png.

Stat rings have the normal stat up names (Spirit Dust, Dragonshield, etc.) despite still being rings. This is a very nitpicky complaint, but it still bugs me

I was half scared to press Fight during the first setup because that usually means start the chapter in other games. Looking at the other translations, I think "Pick" and "Deploy" were better choices for choosing your units

In the Menu, the Leadership and Movement Stars are called "Command" and "Action". I think you could clear up some confusion by just calling it Leadership and Movement

Edited by Bob_Schloavington

• 3 weeks later...

The patch doesn't run well for me on an original super famicom, using the SD2SNES flash cart. I have a few screenshots showing the graphics when I try to run the patch.

image.png.0af6133ce44ebf85de33c9e841efb767.pngimage.png.a4b692c4f7b6bdf0245a2d3be7550676.pngimage.png.9ef3dfbbe473e3fb8bd8299f51e7d490.pngimage.png.3d23b5843caed520fb6a7ac703fde30d.png

Screen 3 is the result of me trying to check Leaf's status screen. The Project Naga patch runs just fine on the cart so I'm not sure why this one freaks out on me.

And I would prefer the original graphics, but you said you'd make them optional in future patches so that's all good.

Edited by Quirino

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 7:48 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Sweet...

Insert that translated story script and you'll have completely captured my respect.

Yes this would be the ideal patch for Thracia if that were added. I can't wait

• 3 months later...

I've heard really good things about this patch, but I'm struggling to get it to work. I've tried both automatically patching as well as manually patching using Lunar IPS. The title screen changes and displays the patch version and everything, but beyond the title screen everything is still in Japanese. I've tried it with both ZSNES and SNES9x. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(hmm I wonder what happened to my other comment but anyway in colleration. with my comment ahem)Oh great this rom i got the translation is well uhhh bad (first time saying that)bruh no offense the script is translated thats greta BUT THE MENU IS NOT BRUH and are just one of the roms that supposely comes (i mess up bruh) i mean its supposed to be an english rom bruh. Just wow bruh then the WORSE OF THE WORSE PART IS THAT the talk command hasnt been translated bruh its "unplayable" i guess this blows bruh(i thought i trusted those roms sites popular ones at that but eh half of the series isnt Westernized an we HAVE to search fo the translation patches (aw i been welcome to fan translation since i got into this series so im thankful fo that bruh but anywya yeah look like i have to use the guide on lp archives bruh.(as with this patch when i "try to patch it i guess it works BUT then the game glitches out bruh(so yeah im not taking that chance and mess up the game bruh hmm i wonder if you cmae download the rom again and get your save states back well i guess since it i guessed happened to me inadvertently.)(anyway bruh im MAD (salt no pepper )BRUH this patch look so clean bruh i WANT IT ??? but how is my question.