Should I make Elise a wyrven rider

Depends on what level your Elise currently is. If she's like 10+, you could pull off possibly promoting a bit early like say level 15 or so, and then promote her to Malig Knight to have some extra defense and have access to magic. 

I don't think it's a very good idea, personally - especially if she's your only healer.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

It's not as bad as you'd think honestly. In the early game, you can get through many maps with vulneraries, and you still have your servant as a healer. In a worst case scenario, you can use a Servant + Azura for more healing. If you manage to get Elise to Malig Knight, you're looking at an Elise that can actually take a hit and not get OHKOed and still have the magical might that she has. 

I normally don't do it, as I'd much rather use it on Jakob, Arthur, or Camilla, but in the case of Elise, this could be potentially useful if you want your to have another flier, and she is a pretty solid Malig Knight. Having enough speed to double, and enough defense to not be OHKOed by almost every conceivable enemy on the map that's not a mage. 

3 hours ago, Augestein said:

It's not as bad as you'd think honestly. In the early game, you can get through many maps with vulneraries, and you still have your servant as a healer. In a worst case scenario, you can use a Servant + Azura for more healing. If you manage to get Elise to Malig Knight, you're looking at an Elise that can actually take a hit and not get OHKOed and still have the magical might that she has. 

I normally don't do it, as I'd much rather use it on Jakob, Arthur, or Camilla, but in the case of Elise, this could be potentially useful if you want your to have another flier, and she is a pretty solid Malig Knight. Having enough speed to double, and enough defense to not be OHKOed by almost every conceivable enemy on the map that's not a mage. 

I don't really see vulneraries as a good replacement since they're rather expensive for how little they heal and have only three uses. Anyways, while it might not be that bad once she hits Malig Knight, I think the Wyvern Rider phase is just awful.

You can Capture a Shrine Maiden in C11 with Niles, if you still want a second healer/a healer if you burn your other Heart Seal on Jakob.

Elise does become solid with Lightning/a Bolt Axe as a WR or one of its promotions, while retaining some or most (WL vs. MK) of her great Resistance and having a little below average physical bulk (which is still better than her normal Troubadour-Strategist much below average physical bulk). Though the Bolt Axe and Elise's bad Skill- 3 upon immediate reclass, 16/20 at 20/20 as a MK and WL respectively, means she will have some hitting issues.

And then there is the big issue of E and D Axes, Elise will be a total liability until she hits C Axes. An Arms Scroll or two can help, but Arms Scrolls are contested.

If you can do without the healer and don't mind the weapon rank babying, Elise is fine as a WR, with flying as wonderful bonus that normal Elise lacks. It may be better to wait until she promotes before reclassing her though, that way she can go into Malig Knight and not worry about the Axe Rank, unless you want her to be specifically a Wyvern Lord.