More founded unused Berkut's lines meant to be playable in the Datamine.

I did saw the Post Battle Mourning did have Berkut was meant to be playable in the beta along with Frenand besides the Rise of the Deliverance. But, I managed to found a video that Death Chaos (the same user who posted the Post Battle Mourning Voice Clips Quotes) managed to find more of Berkut's quotes that he very well most likely have been planned as a playable character during in the development. I did not see anyone posted a thread about all of Berkut's unused lines in this forum section and this video was posted around May 25th.

By the way, the user named Death Chaos managed to post the timestamp in the description that showed what timeline that one of those voice audio clips belong for any of Berkut's line in the game data:

Agree quotes - 0:00
Attack grunts - 0:02
Critical Damage - 0:22
Cut-in quotes - 0:24
Damaged - 0:30
Death - 0:37
Negative Reaction to allies - 0:39
Positive Reaction to allies - 1:07
Character Select - 1:38
Using Provisions - 1:44
Healed by ally - 1:52
Tires/Fatigues - 1:56
Battle Win - 1:58
Post Battle Results screen quotes - 2:10
Level up quotes - 2:22
Death Quote (Casual) - 2:36
Death Quote (Classic) - 2:44
??? - 2:50

Edited by King Marth 64

Whaaa- ? That sounds so cool !
... He's such a jerkass though, a mouth jerkass. :p

Funny, he doesn't mention his girlfriend, I suppose it's because it's unused content.

So, the two possibilities for me are:

He was made playable at some point in development then cut. I wonder how far along they got with him before they made the decision to make him unplayable if this is the case.

He's future DLC. Highly unlikely though.

I am glad that he isn't playable, because goodness do these lines make him sound more insufferable than he already is. (And also because it makes more sense for his character not to be playable, but that's a given.)

Edited by AzureSen

I honestly love Berkut, both as a villain and just as a character. He's an inexcusable jackass, yeah, but for some  a reason I still like him. Gotta say, his hissy fit in Rigel Castle after you clear the first map of Act 4 is one of my favorite scenes. These lines only make me like him more tbh

48 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

I honestly love Berkut, both as a villain and just as a character. He's an inexcusable jackass, yeah, but for some  a reason I still like him. Gotta say, his hissy fit in Rigel Castle after you clear the first map of Act 4 is one of my favorite scenes. These lines only make me like him more tbh

The wonders of charismatic voice acting. I even liked Jedah a lot for that reason too.

11 minutes ago, Tharjabug said:

The wonders of charismatic voice acting. I even liked Jedah a lot for that reason too.

Oh, I wasn't even talking about his voice, but goddamn is it amazingly done. His voice just sold the deal on an already awesome tragic villain character for me.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

1 hour ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Same. I think had he not been voiced, i wouldnt like him as much. Hes just got so much feeling.

53 minutes ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

Same. I think had he not been voiced, i wouldnt like him as much. Hes just got so much feeling.

That and his face is so expressive. Like his crazy-eyes yelling face is just great, all of his expressions capture him so well.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

Damn I would of loved to use him. Hated the guy, but it was one of those love to hate him types. Wonder if he was meant for some type of spotpass/free dlc type thing much like Awakening had.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

Can anyone hack the game and see if he can use the Royal Sword?

I mean, even if he could, he's a Gold Knight and they can't use swords. Pitchfork was probably added after he was removed anyhow. 

It would be neat to have an enemy with the same class as the hero, though.

6 hours ago, Iridium said:

I mean, even if he could, he's a Gold Knight and they can't use swords. Pitchfork was probably added after he was removed anyhow. 

It would be neat to have an enemy with the same class as the hero, though.

Isn't reclassing some kind of DLC thing? Not sure of the details.

This is why multiple weapon types should be a thing for more than just Alm

I bet we'll get to play as a lot of these characters in the future through spotpass or DLC. I still remember Awakening had you get Aversa, Emmeryn, Yenfay, Gangrel, and Walhart through spotpass quite a while after release. I bet you all $100 they'll release spotpass or DLC for these guys similar to Awakening. My guess is for Fernand, Berkut, Rudolf, Sonya/Deen (based on who you recruited), the sage from the Sage's Hamlet, and maybe another Archanea character such as Merric since we know he had a run in with Luthier before New Mystery. Im also pretty positive there will be more DLC after #5

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated