Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Grani's Shield possibly the most worthless of these skills?

Like ignoring how usually its better to have an offensive A skill (one of the x blows, for instance) there's, what, 3 weapons total that can hit cavalry effectively? All of which are on different characters and 2 of those are exclusive to GHBs!

Very excited regardless. a great lance user for my horse emblem team to compliment or swap rein with? yes please. and distant counter? wonderful. I even have 20k feathers all ready to go

43 minutes ago, r_n said:

Like ignoring how usually its better to have an offensive A skill (one of the x blows, for instance) there's, what, 3 weapons total that can hit cavalry effectively? All of which are on different characters and 2 of those are exclusive to GHBs!

Very excited regardless. a great lance user for my horse emblem team to compliment or swap rein with? yes please. and distant counter? wonderful. I even have 20k feathers all ready to go

Lets put it this way

Iote Shield that negates an entire class advantage over flier is strictly speaking a "why do i need to use this" skill

That should tell the entire story

1 hour ago, r_n said:

It's certainly less useful than Iote's Shield, because right now, only the Wolf tomes exist to counter the cavalry (where are you horseslayers~), while Iote's shield denies all archery and Excalibur to affect the user. And also his RES is abysmal, but it does let him take one hit of a Wolf weapon, which would OHKO him otherwise. Still, a rarity to ever be so useful.

His stat spread is very good though. He'll make a solid duelist and a good addition to the Horse Emblem team. I think I'll save my 20k feathers for him...

The good: Marked as a datamine.
The bad: It's still an indirect spoiler.

I suggest leaving the name of the hero out of the title, and instead put it in the first post.  Granted, it was pretty obvious that we were overdue for Gradivus.  'sides, if someone ELSE makes a topic afterwards, then it's their fault for not reading carefully.

Edited by eclipse

13 hours ago, Lyrai said:

It's certainly less useful than Iote's Shield, because right now, only the Wolf tomes exist to counter the cavalry (where are you horseslayers~), while Iote's shield denies all archery and Excalibur to affect the user. And also his RES is abysmal, but it does let him take one hit of a Wolf weapon, which would OHKO him otherwise. Still, a rarity to ever be so useful.

His stat spread is very good though. He'll make a solid duelist and a good addition to the Horse Emblem team. I think I'll save my 20k feathers for him...

There should be Sacred Seals that give weapon effectiveness vs Cav/Flier/Armor as well as a Seal to negate those bonuses. As is, almost no one is going to waste their A slot or weapon on something with extremely niche usage.

I'm replacing Gran's shield with Celica's A skill, +6 def/res against ranged attacks, which pairs perfectly well with gradivus. I don't like giving up a Celica, but I will for Camus.

I also like the idea of giving him renewal or vantage. I'm merging my two (40K+ feathers ready and waiting), and I'll merge the third one if the recent trend of handing out 2* GHB characters continues.

I've waited for this for a looong time <3 Any idea when this starts?

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

An official announcement tomorrow with a Friday launch seems likely.

You were correct! The grand hero battle against Camus and his Sable Order has just been announced for tomorrow, Jund 2nd, 16:00 Tokyo time:

Cavalry, cavalry as far as the eye can see!

The man himself has 58 HP, 48 Atk, 33 Spd, 31 Def, 17 Res, A: Grani’s Shield, C: Goad Cavalry, Weapon: Gradivus (16 Mt Distant Counter), Special: Growing Thunder. This isn’t Lunatic version, is it?

His cavalier flunkies most definitely have their own Horse Emblem buffs. Be prepared!

Edited by Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You were correct! The grand hero battle against Camus and his Sable Order has just been announced for tomorrow, Jund 2nd, 16:00 Tokyo time:

The man himself has 58 HP, 48 Atk, 33 Spd, 31 Def, 17 Res, A: Grani’s Shield, C: Goad Cavalry, Weapon: Gradivus (16 Mt Distant Counter), Special: Growing Thunder. This isn’t Lunatic version, is it?

His cavalier flunkies most definitely have their own Horse Emblem buffs. Be prepared!

Hector owners are salivating right now

Wait is that a new Axe on the horses?

Edited by JSND

About damn time.

Spoiler

People that guessed he'd be the Vortex reward were wrong thankfully, I still think it's Masked Lucina, though Veronica would be nice too.

Looks like the developers decided to throw Horse Emblem at us. I bet you the only reason Camus's stats aren't inflated is that the horsies are going to be doing all of the work. I think I may actually train up my Raigh for this. I'd really like to give him a chance to shine at last!

Let me think a bit.

Lancebreaker Reinhardt goes in, deletes Camus, gets repositioned over the tree by a flier (Palla?). At least one more sword (Xander?) will seal the deal. Who can go as the fourth unit? Ninian for general dancing support, probably.

Strategists Trio, I summon you! @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos

Edited by Vaximillian

57 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Already?? Woopie! Seriously, these GHBs are coming in real fast. I still feel like Lloyd's GHB just ended yesterday. 

I'm definitely excited for Camus as he is the last puzzle piece for my Horse Emblem. 

A bit off-topic but I just can't help but wonder who will be on the next GHB. It's a complete blind item now since the all of the Heroes from "Heroes Invade" chapter already made their playable debut (excluding Veronica and Bruno). 

Spoiler

I want Lyon please! We need more Sacred Stoners in the game!

3 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Already?? Woopie! Seriously, these GHBs are coming in real fast. I still feel like Lloyd's GHB just ended yesterday. 

I'm definitely excited for Camus as he is the last puzzle piece for my Horse Emblem. 

A bit off-topic but I just can't help but wonder who will be on the next GHB. It's a complete blind item now since the all of the Heroes from "Heroes Invade" chapter already made their playable debut (excluding Veronica and Bruno). 

Hide contents

It feels fast because we didn't have any week without GHB now. Now we still have Narcian's map returning, then Camus, the Michalis returned. 

also yes I want Lyon too I am weak for the royal-blooded dark magical boys FE offered

21 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Hide contents

We're literally the same person. I need him so much it hurts. I'd probably never use another mage again. *sobs*

Hm... I'm thinking I'll probably use Michalis, Sanaki, Raigh, and Azura on this map. Azura's Hone SPD and Raigh's Rally ATK should be pretty helpful... But it'll all depend on the intensity of the horse buffs.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Let me think a bit.

Lancebreaker Reinhardt goes in, deletes Camus, gets repositioned over the tree by a flier (Palla?). At least one more sword (Xander?) will seal the deal. Who can go as the fourth unit? Ninian for general dancing support, probably.

Strategists Trio, I summon you! @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos

It looks like I may not be able to do this one with my team.....

The cavalry will probably move too fast for my mages to get them. I'm thinking Palla can be used to bait the axes, but I can imagine Roy being on this banner.

I can try to bait one ax with Olivia, dance Celica to kill them both and send Nino to finish off Camus. If Nino can't reach Camus without getting smacked up by the Red mage next turn, I can use Azura to take a hit from him AND tank damage from the Staff or red tome.....

We'll see how this works...

Edited by Arcanite

If you can include this in the OP, that would be great @Roflolxp54:

Spoiler

Lunatic Enemy Stats- Camus, Sable Knight

Camus

HP: 58

Atk: 48

Spd: 33

Def: 31

Res: 17

Skills: Gradivus, Grani's Shield, Goad Cavalry, Blazing Thunder (5)

Troubadour

HP: 36

Atk: ?? + 6

Spd: ??

Def: ??

Res: ??

Skills: Fear, unknown special skill (2), Rehabilitate / Martyr

Red Cavalier

HP: 40

Atk: 36 + (13 / 11 / 10)

Spd: 26

Def: 17

Res: 35

Skills: Blade+ (13) / Wolf+ (10) / Bolganone+ (13) / Raven + (11), Unknown special skill (2)

Axe Knight

HP: 49

Atk: 35 + 15

Spd: 25

Def: 26

Res: 30

Skills: Silver Axe+

Seems like this is the first time a Troubadour has been in a GHB.

Edited by MrSmokestack