Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

It looks like I may not be able to do this one with my team.....

The cavalry will probably move too fast for my mages to get them. I'm thinking Palla can be used to bait the axes, but I can imagine Roy being on this banner.

I can try to bait one ax with Olivia, dance Celica to kill them both and send Nino to finish off Camus. If Nino can't reach Camus without getting smacked up by the Red mage next turn, I can use Azura to take a hit from him AND tank damage from the Staff or red tome.....

We'll see how this works...

I don't think there's a spot on the map that an axe can reach but Camus can't though...

I think the first turn (not counting positioning) should be used to either get a green tank in position to tank Camus or an axe, or have a range unit hit Camus and then get repositioned away. Not sure who can fill those roles though...

This actually seems to be rather challenging, which is a nice change of pace from the previous few battles (I mean challenging even with a good roster of course).

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Axe Knight

It’s still a cavalier. It is armoured units who get the designation of Knight in Heroes.

Just now, Bartozio said:

or have a range unit hit Camus and then get repositioned away. Not sure who can fill those roles though...

I’m thinking Lancebreaker Reinhardt repositioned away by a Palla.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m thinking Lancebreaker Reinhardt repositioned away by a Palla.

Yes, that sounds like a great plan. My Reinhard doesn't have lance breaker, so he'll probably fail to kill though, which is pretty scary against Gravius (maybe with a hone attack I can manage though...). In your case, when Camus is out, Xander can pretty much deal with the entire map apart from maybe the mage cav. If you can keep Xander from getting hit by the mage until Rein kills him as well, you should be golden. A dancer is probably the best fit for your last slot then.

Also, any non-horse unit can reposition Rein away there, just saying (Palla is a good choice for also being able to tank the axes though).

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I don't think there's a spot on the map that an axe can reach but Camus can't though...

I think the first turn (not counting positioning) should be used to either get a green tank in position to tank Camus or an axe, or have a range unit hit Camus and then get repositioned away. Not sure who can fill those roles though...

This actually seems to be rather challenging, which is a nice change of pace from the previous few battles (I mean challenging even with a good roster of course).

My way in may be to one round the ax with Nino, dance her, use draw back to pull back the person who danced her, and then go from there

One thing's for sure, Male Robin does pretty much nothing for this one XD

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

We're literally the same person.

Shh. No one must ever know our secret.

5 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

also yes I want Lyon too I am weak for the royal-blooded dark magical boys FE offered

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I need him so much it hurts. I'd probably never use another mage again. *sobs*

Defo agree with these 101%. Please give 'em to us so I can finally die in peace. I'm also willing to share my coffin with other fangirls/fanboys.

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s still a cavalier. It is armoured units who get the designation of Knight in Heroes.

Nope! Knights are cavaliers last I checked.

"Knights" like we call them in the games are actually "Armors", or at least that's the terminology I use.

40 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nope! Knights are cavaliers last I checked.

"Knights" like we call them in the games are actually "Armors", or at least that's the terminology I use.

I hate to death the person who decided to call armors 'knights' in a game series where cavalry exists.

Well, female Robin, this is your Gronnwolf's cue!

I'm thinking Azura (for the red horse guy), Ike, and Frederick for the rest of the team. Hopefully the big cuddly Freddy Bear can tank Camus and get help from the wife I gave him in Awakening to win. Hee hee.

Spring Camilla should be able to hit Camus from below, then get Repositioned out, and it's just clean-up from there unless they have ridiculous buffs.

I kind of want to do another Ice Dragon Grand Hero Battle Challenge for this one, but I'll have to see what kind of conditions I can put on it.

Looks that Xander can be usefull here, since my only good red mage is Leo.

Welp, I can't wait for tomorrow! Here is finally Camus!! Let's see what these "buffed" guys are going to do!

Looking at the map I think I can do it with charging Rein in first turn and remove camus (mine runs lancebreaker), then get danced out by Olivia who can get positioned under him after a swap from Ryoma. 

Olivia doesn't give a shit about the green cav, though idk how well she'll take the red mage, i'll have to look at his stats. I can hypothetically give her a res buff beforehand, though. 

reinhardt can remove red cav after and everything else is trivial probably

Assuming none of the other units have Fortify or Ward Cavalry, F!Robin can one-shot Camus as a 5* with at least a Hone Attack 2 buff or as a 4* with at least T-Adept 2, Hone Attack 3, and an Attack +1 seal or someone with Spur Attack standing next to her.

Alternatively, you could try two hits to take him out, but only 5* F!Robin escapes getting doubled without Lancebreaker or speed buffs. Once again, assuming no attack buffs from the other units for Camus, 4* F!Robin will take 13x2 without defense buffs or T-Adept dropping her to 11 HP. A Spur Def 1 seal lowers it to 11x2 and T-Adept 2 makes it so Camus only does 6x2 to her. If you're using Cain, Frederick, or Palla or have Wings of Mercy on someone like Olivia, having F!Robin take a lot of damage might be a good thing.

You're gonna have to figure a way to get her out since she won't survive against the two axe cavaliers or the red mage. Anyone with Reposition or even Swap will do -- assuming whoever has Swap can survive against 4 units.

I have a feeling I might end up using Est again. F!Robin deals with Camus, Olivia can deal with the axe cavaliers, especially with a Ruby Sword, same deal with Selena who also has Reposition, and I guess Est will take out the red mage and healer.

Edited by Kaden

Seems reasonably straightforward for my team (Celica, Ninian, Ryoma, Reinhardt)

• Turn 1 is just setup: everyone moves forward one. 
  • Turn 2: Reinhardt goes up and ORKOs Camus, then Ryoma Swaps with Reinhardt
  • Turn 2 (Enemy phase): Ryoma tanks and ORKOs the axe cavaliers and the healer
  • Turn 3: Reinhardt finishes off the red mage cavalier

The only potential problem would be if Ryoma cannot ORKO the cavaliers, but that isn't an issue, really. If that happens, then on turn 3, Celica finishes off one axe cavalier, gets danced, then finishes off the other axe cavalier. If Ryoma could not ORKO the healer, then he can attack her now and finish her off. Reinhardt still finishes the red mage cavalier as planned. 

Honestly you can duo the map with Reinhardt and Ryoma. The other two are just failsafes. 

EDIT: Will work on a method that utilizes no skill inheritance or high ranking units in case Ice Dragon pulls his challenge shenanigans again. And also so that other people that don't have Reinhardt and Ryoma can benefit.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

It's going to be rough for me. The ideal cornerstone units for this map are either someone that can delete Camus turn one and then retreat to safety (Reinhardt being the prime example), or some unit that can tank either Camus or one of the axes (Hector or a similarly bulky axe user). The closest thing I have is my +Def -Atk Titania. I'll try to build something around her. If that fails, maybe Effie's Wary Fighter will let her last enough to bait them so the rest of my team can kill them.

I have a plan for this map, and it's called: "Just throw Hector at the problem."

Edit: Pity his stats aren't worth the fact that he's 1 move in arena, at least in a team like mine, else he'd fill a vitally needed 'bait-unit' niche.

Double Edit: Practically speaking, Bartre can do Hector's job perfectly on this map if you just toss QR on him. Dude's min-maxed to hell. He loses only 3 hp and 4 def compared to Hector, if Hammer wasn't such a worthless weapon he would've been absurd.

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I have a plan for this map, and it's called: "Just throw Hector at the problem."

Edit: Pity his stats aren't worth the fact that he's 1 move in arena, at least in a team like mine, else he'd fill a vitally needed 'bait-unit' niche.

Double Edit: Practically speaking, Bartre can do Hector's job perfectly on this map if you just toss QR on him. Dude's min-maxed to hell. He loses only 3 hp and 4 def compared to Hector, if Hammer wasn't such a worthless weapon he would've been absurd.

I gave Hector Pivot and haven't had a hard time using him in the arena, especially with other units having skills that can help him move around.

Just now, Othin said:

I gave Hector Pivot and haven't had a hard time using him in the arena, especially with other units having skills that can help him move around.

My team is usually all melees (sometimes Klein comes in), this gives huge positioning problems if a unit relies on other people around to move---a melee team, especially one without a slot for a dancer this season, because Sharena isn't anywhere close to being able to fill Cordelia's shoes, just doesn't have the ability to function if people can't move freely. Didn't get any good mages until very recently, and my next 20k feathers is going to Anna.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

My team is usually all melees (sometimes Klein comes in), this gives huge positioning problems if a unit relies on other people around to move---a melee team, especially one without a slot for a dancer this season, because Sharena isn't anywhere close to being able to fill Cordelia's shoes, just doesn't have the ability to function if people can't move freely. Didn't get any good mages until very recently, and my next 20k feathers is going to Anna.

.... I'd give them to Camus, but hey, to each their own.

For this, I'm thinking of countering Horse Emblem with Horse Emblem. Reinhardt or Raven Cecilia kills Camus, then Xander Swaps in. Between Triangle Adept and R Tomebreaker, he kills everyone else. 

Edited by Eridras

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

.... I'd give them to Camus, but hey, to each their own.

Anna slaughters Azura, Nowi, and Ninian. Reinhardt, Linde, and Bunny Lucina are also non-issues if Anna can safely get the jump on them during player phase. Her Defense is low, though, so she has to be careful around Effie and Ephraim.

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

any inheritance fodder i need to be saving for Camus? I gues Quick Riposte and a special?

Camus lacks a B-passive and an assist out of the box.

QR and another special would be good. He'd also want another A-passive since Grani's Shield is too situational to be of any use in the current game. A new C-passive could also be good if Goad Cavalry is not preferred or are not running Camus in a Horse Emblem team.

Edited by Roflolxp54