Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

Definitely not an easy one, but I managed to get myself through with Olivia, Reindhart, Cecilia (with Reposition), and Michalis (with Bonfire).

For the first turn, neutral Reindhart with Hone Cavalry can two-shot Camus. Then you can bring Olivia through the trees to get him out safely. It starts to get much easier once you can pick them off one at a time.

Edited by Lyrai

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot Camus had Grani's Shield. To make it worse, the axe cavaliers have Grani's Shield too.

4* Michalis gets outsped by the axe cavaliers. Pump too much defense into him and the healer drops him down for the axe cavalier to finish him off. 

Would not be surprised if they did the same to break through Wary Fighter on Effie and Zephiel.

Of course they do. Both axe cavaliers have Ward Cavalry and they have Pass. Gee, I was wondering when that would pop up. Red mage has Goad Cavalry... Camus effectively has 52 attack, 37 speed, 39 defense, and 25 resistance with Goad and 2 Ward Cavalry.

You'd need to do at least 54 damage to 2 shot him.

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

How can you get Nino to kill Camus in one round? For some reason, my Nino is not doubling Camus despite having a lot more speed than him.

Goad Cavalry from either the axe cavalry and/or red mage cavalier. (Goad Cavalry gives an invisible +4 Spd and Atk during combat to ally cavalry units within 2 spaces of skill user. As the boost is not listed unlike boosts from Hone/Fortify skills, multiple Goad Cavalry boosts do stack.)

Edited by Roflolxp54

I cleared it with Xander, Jagen, Blade!Ursula and Ninian.

First I moved Ninian on the first forest and Ursula just out of range of the Axe Cavalier. Ursula attacks Camus below the second forest but Ward and Goad buffs prevent him from being doubled or one-shot. Ursula is wounded and gets danced back to her buff units. Camus is full healed by the Troubadour, and the Axe Cavaliers use Rally Defense on each other, before Camus charges forward. Separated from his buffs, Ursula easily kills him. The rest is positioning and letting Ursula nuke everything.

Hector was surprisingly not very good. The Axe Cavaliers are too bulky to kill and they'll get healed anyway.

Lol oh God took me an extra potion to finally figure things out on Lunatic. Real shame on me for leaving Roy at level 39 for weeks. He was the missing ingredient all along with that sweet, sweet Triangle Adept (my other fully leveled Red units couldn't OHKO the Axe cavs lol).

Spoiler

As for the team that I used, Michalis was also a key unit to get rid of Camus effectively. He has Drag Back so he was able to stay away from the Red Mage's range. I had no problems with dear Ninian and Lucius either, they did very well.

I have to admit, this was one of the toughest, if not the toughest GHB so far that for the first time in a long time, I didn't rely on Hector and his dirty work. 

Anyway, yay Camus ☆

Edited by Lucıůs

Done this with Xander, Reinhardt, Hector and Olivia. Hector took care of Hard, Rein didn't even need to do anything. For Lunatic Xander was the Mvp against the Axe Cavs. Rein got Camus, Hector really just baited everyone. He can't one shot the troubadour let alone the axes, but did enough damage to make everyone who crossed him easy pickings.

6 minutes ago, komasa said:

Done this with Xander, Reinhardt, Hector and Olivia. Hector took care of Hard, Rein didn't even need to do anything. For Lunatic Xander was the Mvp against the Axe Cavs. Rein got Camus, Hector really just baited everyone. He can't one shot the troubadour let alone the axes, but did enough damage to make everyone who crossed him easy pickings.

Ayy, that's the exact same team (aside from stats and skills) I used! Though my Hector was capable of OHKOing the troubadour with a Hone Atk 3 boost.

Edited by Roflolxp54

5 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Lol oh God took me an extra potion to finally figure things out on Lunatic. Real shame on me for leaving Roy at level 39 for weeks. He was the missing ingredient all along with that sweet, sweet Triangle Adept (my other fully leveled Red units couldn't OHKO the Axe cavs lol).

As for the team that I used, Michalis was also a key unit to get rid of Camus effectively. He has Drag Back so he was able to stay away from the Red Mage's range. I had no problems with dear Ninian and Lucius either, they did very well.

I have to admit, this was one of the toughest, if not the toughest GHB so far that for the first time in a long time, I didn't rely on Hector and his dirty work. 

Anyway, yay Camus ☆

Congratulations, Lucius! Well, I do find Lucius to be scary especially on the Tenth Stratum. He's pretty hard hitting for a healer. Hopefully you can give him a Wrathful Staff one day and you can act as if you have a colorless DPS mage. :3

Roy, or any Ruby Sword user, is essential for this GHB. I assume Stahl will be used in the 3* F2P runs.

Edited by Lyrai

3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Congratulations, Lucius! Well, I do find Lucius to be scary especially on the Tenth Stratum. He's pretty hard hitting for a healer. Hopefully you can give him a Wrathful Staff one day and you can act as if you have a colorless DPS mage. :3

Roy, or any Ruby Sword user, is essential for this GHB. I assume Stahl will be used in the 3* F2P runs.

Much appreciated! And I already did transfer Wrathful Staff to him, good sir. :) 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-05-22-22-36-20.thumb.png.ce910b8d865c0c39552810439e8d541e.png

In fact he delivered the killing blow to Camus. :^_^:

I am totally excited to see how MKV will once again utilize 3☆s to ace this GHB.

2 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Much appreciated! And I already did transfer Wrathful Staff to him, good sir. :) 

I am totally excited to see how MKV will once again utilize 3☆s to ace this GHB.

Nice! Your Lucius is definitely not to be underestimated in arena matches now!
I guess I should add you too for the next voting gauntlet, I really wanna try your Lucius in the future. :3

Yeah. It'll be difficult for MKV to ace this one, I bet. He has to somehow separate the cavalry units apart and pick them off one by one while the buff is weakened. I'll congratulate him if he manages to win this.

This took me like...  four or five tries on Lunatic. This is certainly a tough one to start!

Team:
5* +Res/-HP Level 40 Ryoma (Raijinto, Swap, Night Sky, Defiant Atk 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3)
5* +Def/-Spd Level 40 Minerva (Hauteclare, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Ward Fliers 3 [forgot to switch])
5* +Spd/-HP Level 33 Bridal Lyn (Candlelight, Rehabilitate, Swift-Winds Balm, Dazzling Staff 3)
4* +Res/-Atk Level 40 Olivia (Silver Sword, Dance, Hone Atk 3)

Oof. Here we go. This is a minor stall game at the start. Minerva will die to the Axe Cavalier and Troubadour after finishing Camus. She will die if she baits the Troubadour from the mountains and tries to fight Camus after. With all that said:

1) Place Minerva to bait the Troubadour from the mountains. The others will be buffed and stay far from the danger zone.
2) Minerva will place herself in front of Camus and NOT attack. At all. She deals 29 damage from Draconic Aura from a combination of debuffs and enemy buffs. If she kills Camus, everyone else will go in for Minerva.
3) Instead, place Olivia to Minerva's west, Ryoma southwest, and heal her a little with Bridal Lyn from the south.
4) Minerva hits Camus. She's down to 1 HP. Get her out of there with a dance and go south.
5) Bridal Lyn and Ryoma take down Camus. Now I have to hope nothing goes bad.
6) Red Tome goes for Bridal Lyn! She survives with 2 HP. Perfect!
7) Kill Red Tome with Ryoma by Night Sky.
8) Bridal Lyn hits the Axe Cavalier on right. Makes it so Ryoma doesn't have to take further damage for now.
9) Ryoma gets a free kill.
10) North Axe Cavalier passes through Ryoma to go for Olivia.
11) Troubadour, who warps through Wings of Mercy, prioritizes healing. She would have only been able to get Olivia anyways.
12) Clean up. Kill Axe Cavalier with Ryoma and Troubadour with Minerva.
13) Clear!

This was a doozy for me. This late, I should have tried splitting them up further. This is what happens when a bit tired and distracted, haha. At least it's done!

Edited by Dual Dragons

I cheesed it with horses again, but unlike the previous couple of GHBs nothing actually went the way I thought it would lol. I managed to beat both on my first try, but there were some close moments. I'm pretty sure that the AI acted the way it did because of my specific builds, so this is probably not very replicable, but if anyone with similar units wants more details I'd be happy to try to help!

My team was Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia/Eldigan. After a Hone Cavalry boost, Reinhardt rushed up the left flank to murder Camus and Xander (Fortified and Honed) swapped with him to keep him safe. My main concern at this point was that all the remaining units would pile on Xander and kill him, but what the heck, I figured I'd try my luck. I had Eldigan run into the range of the right Axe Cavalier in an attempt to bait it, but to no avail--it ran off to rally its comrades instead.

Then instead of going after Xander, the Mage attacked Reinhardt instead (?!) and nearly killed him. I was horrified until I realised that Reinhardt, despite being +ATK and packing QR, didn't ORKO and open up the space for the Troubadour to finish him off. Whew! (What a good thing I hadn't inherited a short CD special on him yet.) The Mage got healed by the Troubadour, but it didn't matter; all that attacking had charged up Reinhardt's Blazing Thunder and the enemies were even in a neat vertical row. He killed the Red Mage next turn, Cecilia and Eldigan killed the Troubadour together because neither could ORKO, and from there it was just 2 Axe Cavaliers in range of Xander and Eldigan. They died on the next enemy phase.

So yeah, not the way I thought it would go. In hindsight, the Mage going after Reinhardt makes perfect sense because Fortified Xander has equal Res to un-Fortified Rein, but QR Xander can ORKO while Reinhardt can't. Ehhh I got my 4* Camus, so all is good. He can now join the team that beat his map.

Edited by azurrys

Lunatic Camus done! In my case I used Fury Nino, 4* Olivia with hone speed (to make Nino double Camus), Xander whis was the mvp and Jaffar with reposition.

First I kill Camus with Nino from the woods. Then Olivia dances for her and Jaffar reposition her to safety. From here I had to kill one by one and make good use of reposition, draw back and swap to be safe each turn.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm at a bit of a loss here. Nothing I have can survive the initial turn.

Could try splitting by placing two axes at the two points. What I did was bait the Troubadour with a flier and choke the point from there.

This.... isnt easy

Did in 2 runs. Dual Buff Ursula with LnD2 is JUST enough to double Camus at 43 speed

The rest of the map is literally "WITNESS THE MIGHT OF ELIWOOD GREATEST KNIGHT OF ALL PHERAE" in all caps

Edited by JSND

1. Darting blow Nino.

2. Whoever, that can stand in the forest and reposition Nino.

3. Two red units standing on each side to lure and kill the two axe enemies.

4. Whoever, that can deal with the staff enemy. (And repositioned if she's threatened by red magic.)

5. The red tome enemy is left behind alone.

5 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Could try splitting by placing two axes at the two points. What I did was bait the Troubadour with a flier and choke the point from there.

Huh, you're right. Didn't think about that. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Nice! Your Lucius is definitely not to be underestimated in arena matches now!
I guess I should add you too for the next voting gauntlet, I really wanna try your Lucius in the future. :3

Indeed! But sadly, healers still lack the ability to inherit the 'good' A-slot skills and this is what prevents them from being geared for battle. :-_-: But at least we got one step closer with the implementation of Wrathful Staff which is already enough for me at the moment.

And of course! I absolutely appreciate the friendly gesture :) Here's my ID: 

Spoiler

Name: Aerrith

I am also looking forward to work with you on the next gauntlet. Cheers!