Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

14 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

A question for all of those using Reinhardt to kill Camus. How do you do it? My friend has a -res +hp one with hone cavalry on and atk sacred seal and attack +3 in slot A and still he can not kill Camus (in fact Reinhardt suicides). 

Camus probably needs to suffer a little bit of damage first. I had Hector tank a hit from him.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Mine is +spd -hp, and he lived. Did yours really die on the first turn?

My hector is -def/+HP and even with hp+3 he gets beaten because toubrador attacks him first then axe cavalier doubles him. Also toubrador lives with 1 HP

i don't know if having Vantage is an issue, but i could never lure Camus out when I used Hector

Does anyone have recommendations for Camus's special slot? I have a 4* Palla on hand for Moonbow fodder without needing to upgrade someone, but I'm not sure if a 3-charge skill is better for him.

20 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

A question for all of those using Reinhardt to kill Camus. How do you do it? My friend has a -res +hp one with hone cavalry on and atk sacred seal and attack +3 in slot A and still he can not kill Camus (in fact Reinhardt suicides). 

I have Lancebreaker on my Reinhardt, which is how I was able to ORKO Camus. 

If you don't have Lancebreaker, you would need 54 attack on your Reinhardt, which is possible with a +Atk Reinhardt who also has Death Blow 3 and a Hone Atk buff. 

If you have a -Res/+HP one, it's still possible, but you would need to somehow get an extra 13 attack from somewhere (example would be 6 from Death Blow 3, 6 from Hone Cavalry, and 1 from the Atk +1 seal). 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Does anyone have recommendations for Camus's special slot? I have a 4* Palla on hand for Moonbow fodder without needing to upgrade someone, but I'm not sure if a 3-charge skill is better for him.

If you do prefer a 3-charge special, you could easily run Bonfire to take advantage of his good Def stat.

Sakura swarm Camus

3* strat (no dancer)

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

If you do prefer a 3-charge special, you could easily run Bonfire to take advantage of his good Def stat.

Yeah, that would require upgrading a 3* though. Which would take some time since I only have 22k feathers right now and need all of them to get my 3* Camus to 5*. (Already used the 4* one as Goad Cavalry fodder.) So I could teach him that later if it's a noticeable upgrade over Moonbow, but if not, I'd be happy to keep saving my feathers for other things.

All right, so I beat it on my second try with a team of Alfonse, Olivia, Nino, and Eirika. A positioning error cost me the first run, made sure not to do THAT again.

Nino, who is +spd and receiving buffs from Eirika, is able to take out Camus by standing on the forest tile below him. Eirika drags her back out of range while Alfonse steps into the edge of the range of the green cavalier on the left. Much to my ire, the cavalier doesn't die (but is left with 1 HP) and everything stacks up on top of it (green cav. 1 -> troubadour -> mage knight -> green cav. 2). I have Nino take out the first green cavalier, then Alfonse kills the troubadour. Olivia dances for him, he takes out the red mage knight, then the second green cavalier suicides on him.

I did something kind of weird... for reference, this is what my team looked like:

• Hector (-hp, +spd).
  • Camilla (+spd, -res).
  • Nowi (-def, +res)
  • Priscilla (-hp, +att) with Hone Attack 3 and Fortify Res Sacred Seal

I basically just had Priscilla trigger HA and FR on Hector (on the left pathway) and Camilla (on the right), had Nowi Rally Defense Camilla from the woods, and lured the two Axe Riders down, with the one targeting Camilla weakened, while Hector was able to one round the one targeting him, which caused Camus to come down to attack Hector. Camus was weakened greatly as a result. Hector killed Camus soon after. The Troubadour and Red Tome Rider were in the same lane as Camilla, who then killed her Axe Rider, and Nowi took his spot to begin weakening the Troubadour. Meanwhile the Red Tome Rider was rallying the Troubadour, letting Camilla sneak up on him from the side and one round him. Nowi won soon after.

Might have to use Camilla more often... I don't use her often, but when I do, my god she rocks...

Just finished this again with a team of Michalis, Ursula, Selena, and Robin (F), all 5-star, all vanilla skills.

I'm going to try a few more things (to see how viable things are with certain other restrictions) when I get home (and have more stamina), then probably officially issue my challenge.

EDIT: I just realized my team was 1 member short from being an all-GHB team. I wonder if Navarre would work...

Edited by Ice Dragon

Here is it. Olivia giving Atk buff was a necessity for Oboro, also Linde giving Res buff look to be important too... Gonna try with some other characters later for the fun

Yay, I finally got 4* Camus! Now I just need to level him up.

I had to change my team team to Lyn, Spring Chrom, Tharja, and Reinhardt in order to get him. Honestly, the red mage and the healer gave me more trouble then Camus did (which I don't know is a good or a bad thing).

I liked the map overall (even if I didn't sound like it) and it was pretty fun (for the most part) so I'm really looking forward to the next GHB map.

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...

Here we go. This is the official announcement of the Ice Dragon Camus Grand Hero Battle Challenge!

Here are the restrictions for this one:

• No characters ranked A+ or higher on the wiki vanilla tier list. This once again means no dancers and no Reinhardt.
  • No Skill Inheritance.
  • No merges that affect the outcome of a round of combat directly or indirectly.
  • No Triangle Adept or weapons with innate Triangle Adept. (Might relax this one if it's causing too many problems.)

As always, this challenge is open to all, the prize is bragging rights (more bragging rights the fewer 5-stars you use), and there is no limit to the number of times you can show off your teams. Show the world what the bottom of the barrel can do!

As a starter:

5-star Ursula
5-star Robin (F)
5-star Selena (Triangle Adept de-equipped)
5-star Michalis

Turn-by-turn (4 turns):

1. Michalis moves up 2 (into the danger zone). Selena behind Michalis. Ursula moves up 2. Robin moves up 1.
    1. Red Knight and left Axe Knight buff right Axe Knight, who attacks Michalis. Troubadour attacks Michalis. Camus moves above Robin.
  2. Camus is hit by Ursula's Threaten Res 3. Axe Knight is hit by Michalis's Threaten Def 3. Robin and Ursula attack and kill Camus. Michalis moves left 2, above Robin. Selena kills Axe Knight.
    1. Red Knight buffs Axe Knight. Axe Knight attacks Selena. Troubadour attacks Michalis. Troubadour's Miracle and Michalis's Blazing Thunder are now ready.
  3. Ursula kills Axe Knight. Michalis kills Troubadour with Blazing Thunder (Miracle cannot activate, but even if it did, Selena's Threaten Spd 3 allows Michalis to double attack). Selena uses Reposition on Michalis from below, leaving only Ursula in range of Red Knight. Robin stands somewhere (outside of Red Knight's range) and looks pretty.
    1. Red Knight attacks Ursula.
  4. Ursula kills Red Knight.

With Triangle Adept 3, Selena can literally just walk up the right side of the map once Camus is offed.

How the hell is Michalis in the same tier as Gunter?

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

No

No

Not this again

Im not ready for this 

AND NO T-ADEPT EITHER

IM DEFINITELY NOT READY FOR THIS

@Ice Dragon Why are you doing this to us ;-;

This map looked fun.

My problem is I'm running out of merge-less characters.

Perhaps I might also start doing a no restrictions version using only characters ranked B or lower in the Skill Inheritance tier list? Maybe that would be too easy, though...?

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Perhaps I might also start doing a no restrictions version using only characters ranked B or lower in the Skill Inheritance tier list?

That could be easier, but for now I'm trying to see what I can do

This one's gonna be a fiasco.... So far I'm thinking Ursula, Female Robin, Jaffar and one more person so far.....

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Huh... I just realized I could use Clair to Hit and Run the Red Knight to death without getting in range of the Axe Knights.

Aaand there goes the surprise factor for my grand plan ;_; .

Waiting on stamina atm, but I'm definitely planning to give this a shot.

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Aaand there goes the surprise factor for my grand plan ;_; .

Waiting on stamina atm, but I'm definitely planning to give this a shot.

I sowwy ;_;

Holy crap, the AI can be dumb. Mkv started the map by getting Palla in range of the healer and red mage. Guess what happens?

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened when I brute forced the map with Ursula. For some reason, the AI prioritized buffing the healer when they could have had the axe cavalier smack Frederick and if he wasn't in range since I don't remember how far the axe cavalier could reach and if Frederick was actually safe on the tile he used Reposition on Ursula to get her out, Gunter and especially Olivia were in range. The healer could have attacked Olivia and had the axe cavalier hit her or something... Whatever.

Edited by Kaden

I managed to get Camus faster than many other Grand Hero Battles, and I have shit units. Honestly these Grand Hero Battles are jokes as long as you have a 4 star unit that can slightly counter everything and a glass canon unit to slay with, sometimes a good Wary Fighter Tank helps as well.

16 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Holy crap, the AI can be dumb. Mkv started the map by getting Palla in range of the healer and red mage. Guess what happens?

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened when I brute forced the map with Ursula. For some reason, the AI prioritized buffing the healer when they could have had the axe cavalier smack Frederick and if he wasn't in range since I don't remember how far the axe cavalier could reach and if Frederick was actually safe on the tile he used Reposition on Ursula to get her out, Gunter and especially Olivia were in range. The healer could have attacked Olivia and had the axe cavalier hit her or something... Whatever.

"Charge your power!"

"What for?"

"Just charge!"