Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

pfffffffffffffffffff

Tried MKV's strategy with a 3* neutral subaki, a 4* Narcian, a 4* (but level 39) Robin-F and a 3* Palla (-speed) and turns out 4* narcian does just enough extra damage to have the healer go behind Camus instead of below him and to prioritize healing Camus. Giving a tome to Robin to finish the job still doesn't fix things since hte positioning falls apart and now the healer attacks narcian rather than chasing robin. Also -speed Palla misses the one threshold she needed to hit (kill the healer).
AI abusing is a fine line to walk before it is you who is abused.

I did try a few free style positionings after luring camus down, but no one can handle the combination of healer and 2 pass axe knights. 

I do have left over 3* Narcian, Robin-F (though if she's itemless it shouldn't matter) and a neutral Palla, they're all untrained.  I also have a stahl....somewhere (who seems to be a common pick), but he's also untrained. Might just need to look over my heroes again, I have so many there's bound to be a strategy i overlooked

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so i just got around to fighting Camus.......and i think this is the hardest GHB so far. I'm having trouble on both difficulties. This is the first time it's happened. I can't even get the 3-Star Camus right now. Can anybody provide tips?

Edit: Nvm. I just replaced Merric with Eliwood. I have Camus now.

Edited by Armagon

Remembered I have Olivia and not just Azura, swapped out Robin-F and being able to dance (& also, kill the dancer) made everything significantly easier. Got my Camus and save me 2000 feathers

I kicked his ass on Lunatic by using a team formed by: Ryoma (5 stars, level 40), Bunny Camilla (5 stars, level 39), Maria (5 stars, level 40) and Nowi (raised to 5 stars from 4 stars, level 38) xDDD

Summary of what I did:

1st turn.- I used Camilla as a bait for the Troubadour which in turn made Camus move to the nearest space he could go towards my units and moved my other units to prepare a defense on the left side.

1sr enemy turn.- The enemy Troubadour moved in and attack from two spaces away and Camus moved into the nearest place to my units he could move in this turn. The other units just moved to the top of the map for some reason, I don't quite get :/

2nd turn.- Then in the next turn, I killed Camus by using Camilla and landing the finishing move with Nowi (she got a perfect level up and got to level 39). After doing that, I healed Camilla with Maria and made sure Ryoma was ready to go block the Axe Cavaliers in the next turn.

2nd enemy's turn.- Camilla was attacked again by the Troubadour (I made sure that by attacking Camus, she wasn't in range of the Red Mage) and the Red Mage attacked Nowi, the other remaining units just moved closer

3rd turn.- I just got Nowi away (she was attacked by the Red Mage) and healed her with Maria. Then, since the Troubadour was on the way, I moved Ryoma to do the killing and got rid of him. Then, since Camilla was now in range of the Red Mage, I moved her away.

3rd enemy's turn.- Enemy's Red Mage tries to do something to Ryoma and he regrets it (low health for him and Ryoma almost doesn't take any damage), the Axe Cavelier tries to do the same and he also regrets it (Cavalier is left with 1 health and Ryoma doesn't take any damage), the other Axe Cavalier moves closer to follow his comrades steps in the next turn xDD

4rd turn.- I killed the Axe Cavalier with Camilla, so Ryoma can took care of the Red Mage (only actual menace for my other units since Ryoma was already blocking the way and can one shot them all). I healed Nowi with Maria (just to do something with her) and I also used Nowi's Defense Rally with Ryoma.

4rd enemy's turn.- The last Axe Cavalier commits suicide by attacking Ryoma and the battle ends :P

Hope this useful for anyone having troubles with any of the difficulties of this GHB :)

Edited by Ivandsi
Needed to give a reason for the long explanation

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

The red mage would go down just fine. It's what happens afterward that I'm worried about. Shanna wouldn't be able to attack the healer (unless she's got Hit and Run), since she'd be in the range of the axe cav. You'd probably also want to attack the red cav with Julia before Lyn finishes the job to get Breath of Life off. iirc Julia can eat one shot from him. I'm guessing Cordelia doesn't have Galeforce either? I'll give it a try...

~

Ok, I just went ahead and recorded this one...that screenshot thing was a hassle =P . I did change one move: Cordelia only moved up one tile instead of 2 on Turn 4 (the turn after the fighting starts). That changed the way the axe cavs moved for reasons unknown to me.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank goodness Fae has Draw Back. I would note that -Def on Lyn makes this fail*. -HP should be ok, but you'll need the HP +3 seal to patch it up.

So...I guess give that a shot and if it's not working out lmk and I'll see if there's anything else that can be done. I think there might be potential for a strat involving initiating on T1 with Titania, but I don't have a Titania trained so I can't really test it effectively.

*Giving the Spur Def 1 seal to Fae or Julia and the HP +3 seal to Lyn should actually fix up -Def.

Edit: You might actually want to give Julia the Spur Def seal anyway. My Fae is +Def/-Atk.

The plan went a little messy (the red tome user stayed to attack Thany and the healer when to heal Camus.) but with a under leveled Julia. I was able to win Thanks to your help in actually picking units that were properly leveled XD, Heck because the red tome user never came down. My green units were safe, and my Lyn could rekt house on BOTH of the axe cavaliers. Thank you very much. I hope i have your advice again if lloyd ever comes back XD

Edited by Thany

@Ice Dragon Here's my submission, I spent maybe 18 stamina pots just to get it right. (=;ェ;=) This only seems to work if I equip Cain with a Steel Sword, otherwise Camus would go to the right side instead of left.  Thanks for the strategy of using Clair Lord Frigid

4* Gunter (+Res -HP) +1 ATK for S
4* Jagen (+DEF - SPD) Spur DEF for S
4* Cain (+HP -SPD) +3HP for S
4* Clair (+DEF -RES)

Spoiler

Edited by Fei Mao

38 minutes ago, Thany said:

The plan went a little messy (the red tome user stayed to attack Thany and the healer when to heal Camus.) but with a under leveled Julia. I was able to win Thanks to your help in actually picking units that were properly leveled XD, Heck because the red tome user never came down. My green units were safe, and my Lyn could rekt house on BOTH of the axe cavaliers. Thank you very much. I hope i have your advice again if lloyd ever comes back XD

Awesome, congrats! Not gonna lie, I was kinda shooting in the dark on trying to pick leveled units (well...I was reasonably sure that Thany/Shanna would be leveled, but that was it =P ).

Side note: Lloyd will probably come back, and when he does, I'll probably point you this-a-way. You've got the units for the 2nd strat on that post (Edit: Sully can be used instead of Subaki), idk if they're leveled though.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Side note: Lloyd will probably come back, and when he does, I'll probably point you this-a-way. You've got the units for the 2nd strat on that post, idk if they're leveled though.

Palla and subaki may be a tad iffy, but i for sure use Narcian and Female robin. Ill be sure to try and use that team when he comes back. Again. thanks for your help. Have a very good day.

58 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

@Ice Dragon Here's my submission, I spent maybe 18 stamina pots just to get it right. (=;ェ;=) This only seems to work if I equip Cain with a Steel Sword, otherwise Camus would go to the right side instead of left.  Thanks for the strategy of using Clair Lord Frigid

Gunter (+Res -HP) +1 ATK for S
Jagen (+DEF - SPD) Spur DEF for S
Cain (+HP -SPD) +3HP for S
Clair (+DEF -RES)

I wanted to try a run with the veteran knights, too, but I don't have Jagen trained up (I have a 5-star Gunter, though). Keeping the red knight alive to keep one of the axe knights busy is a pretty cool strategy.

1 hour ago, Fei Mao said:

This only seems to work if I equip Cain with a Steel Sword, otherwise Camus would go to the right side instead of left.

Weird. Maybe the Brave Sword causes Camus to beeline toward Cain due to being able to double attack, ignoring that there is someone in the way? I would expect the AI to either always go around or always beeline, regardless of how badly it wants to kill someone.

1 hour ago, Fei Mao said:

I spent maybe 18 stamina pots just to get it right. (=;ェ;=)

Now you're making me feel bad.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wanted to try a run with the veteran knights, too, but I don't have Jagen trained up (I have a 5-star Gunter, though). Keeping the red knight alive to keep one of the axe knights busy is a pretty cool strategy.

Weird. Maybe the Brave Sword causes Camus to beeline toward Cain due to being able to double attack, ignoring that there is someone in the way? I would expect the AI to either always go around or always beeline, regardless of how badly it wants to kill someone.

Now you're making me feel bad.

Not sure how the AI will react to a low level Jagen, maybe it get the same results, at first I wanted to use him lure and take out the red mage but he was just stuck buffing since doing anything else puts him in danger of being killed. I was surprised that the Axe Cav didn't move away and let the Red Mage kill Clair, when I saw that happened I was like "can't believed that worked haha"

I that's most likely the case, man the AI sure is thirsty for blood, I can mess around again with Brave Sword Cain if you like.

It's all good, had a lot of fun/frustration messing around, I got like 36 pots left and there's not much use for it right now.

Edited by Fei Mao

3 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

It's all good, had a lot of fun/frustration messing around, I got like 36 pots left and there's not much use for it right now.

Grind up all the other low-tiers for future challenges.

Nice run, btw. It was really entertaining to watch Gunter mop the floor with Camus.

13 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Grind up all the other low-tiers for future challenges.

Nice run, btw. It was really entertaining to watch Gunter mop the floor with Camus.

True

Thanks, probably wouldn't been possible without using Clair like in your vid so thanks again for the idea.

37 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

I was surprised that the Axe Cav didn't move away and let the Red Mage kill Clair, when I saw that happened I was like "can't believed that worked haha"

The AI has no notion of moving a unit out of the way for another unit to attack, which is one of the things that makes AI manipulation possible. The AI also prioritizes buffing the unit it wants to use to attack with as much as possible before sending that unit out to attack, which is great for clogging things up and splitting up the enemy's units.

43 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

What I would give for 36 stamina restores...

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The AI has no notion of moving a unit out of the way for another unit to attack, which is one of the things that makes AI manipulation possible. The AI also prioritizes buffing the unit it wants to use to attack with as much as possible before sending that unit out to attack, which is great for clogging things up and splitting up the enemy's units.

I see, thanks for the info.

If trading was possible I wouldn't mind parting some pots for some feathers.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Less than what you'd give for 36 orbs, given that you can just buy 36 orbs to do that, but did not.

From that, we can infer the value of 36 stamina restores is probably less than 20 dollars. (And most likely far less.)

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Less than what you'd give for 36 orbs, given that you can just buy 36 orbs to do that, but did not.

From that, we can infer the value of 36 stamina restores is probably less than 20 dollars. (And most likely far less.)

Of course. Orbs are obviously worth more than stamina restores because of their versatility. But it would be damned nice if I had stamina restores at all because using an orb to restore your stamina is therefore more expensive than using a stamina restore.

10 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Damn, because I just noticed that Camus showed his face... 

@MrSmokestack @Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos 

Help. Please. 

Did you try it yourself already or are you asking in advance XD

I'm not at a computer right now to grab your units from your signature, so you'll have to wait a lil bit if you want an immediate response!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm not at a computer right now to grab your units from your signature, so you'll have to wait a lil bit if you want an immediate response!

Currently under a massive renovation

this hero pool is so diverse

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Bit of both. I went ahead and nabbed the 3* Camus so its just the four star now. 

I'm (still) renovating my heroes excel sheet. Updating it to include how I plan to get rid of units.

34 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Do you accept unsolicited advice?

If so, how do you feel about 75% recycled advice?

No, I refuse to hear any words I did not request to hear. Begone, you. 

Just kidding. I'm open to advice :P

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

No, I refuse to hear any words I did not request to hear. Begone, you. 

Just kidding. I'm open to advice :P

Ok. I was just going to suggest swapping Narcian in for Fae, and Cordelia in for Shanna from my previous suggestion here. However...I need to test it, because Fae can eat a shot from the red cav.

Narcian......

Not so much.

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Ok. I was just going to suggest swapping Narcian in for Fae, and Cordelia in for Shanna from my previous suggestion here. However...I need to test it, because Fae can eat a shot from the red cav.

Narcian......

Not so much.

Actually, I think I could do almost exactly what you advised there, since 3/4 of those units are lvl.40, and gold :P. Fae is 4*, lvl.36. Would any skill inheritance be necessary?

EDIT: I erred. Nino is lvl.36. Fae is lvl. 28. Whoops

Edited by TheTuckingFypo