Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

43 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Actually, I think I could do almost exactly what you advised there, since 3/4 of those units are lvl.40, and gold :P. Fae is 4*, lvl.36. Would any skill inheritance be necessary?

Nah, base skills...though actually, make sure Cordelia has the Steel Lance equipped, otherwise the red cav will double her on the first round of fighting. Fae might be ok? I'm a little worried though, since as a 4* without +Def, she's eating 5+ more damage (depending on how far away she is from capped Def at lv. 36) from Camus. Giving her the HP +3 Seal, and Julia the Spur Def 1 Seal, might patch that up adequately enough to let her survive? I haven't actually run the specific numbers.

Alternatively, you can use Narcian (just tried it) and just not move Cordelia at all on Turn 4 (for reference, she gets the battle started by moving into the red cav's range on Turn 3); the red cav will stay to attack her. I think you'll run into some Camus KO'ing issues though. My Julia's +Atk and +2, and dealt 42 dmg to Camus (Lv. 40, 4* Narcian left him with 38 HP). The first solution that comes to mind is to simply move Narcian to Camus' right side and just attack him on the Player Phase before Julia KOs, but idk how that would affect Lyn's ability to get to both axe cavs on the next turn (my guess is that one axe cav will attack Narcian, who can't KO back, meaning that both that axe cav and the healer are in Lyn's way).

Maybe I should just try it again, giving Julia a weaker tome...hm.

Edit: I just tried it, using weaker weapons to bring both Lyn and Julia's Atk to neutral values. The Narcian variant is doable, just different. Also, +0 neutral Spd Julia with Lyn's Spur Spd aura on her can double the axe cavs...she's seriously the best.

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Nah, base skills...though actually, make sure Cordelia has the Steel Lance equipped, otherwise the red cav will double her on the first round of fighting. Fae might be ok? I'm a little worried though, since as a 4* without +Def, she's eating 5+ more damage (depending on how far away she is from capped Def at lv. 36) from Camus. Giving her the HP +3 Seal, and Julia the Spur Def 1 Seal, might patch that up adequately enough to let her survive? I haven't actually run the specific numbers.

Alternatively, you can use Narcian (just tried it) and just not move Cordelia at all on Turn 4 (for reference, she gets the battle started by moving into the red cav's range on Turn 3); the red cav will stay to attack her. I think you'll run into some Camus KO'ing issues though. My Julia's +Atk and +2, and dealt 42 dmg to Camus (Lv. 40, 4* Narcian left him with 38 HP). The first solution that comes to mind is to simply move Narcian to Camus' right side and just attack him on the Player Phase before Julia KOs, but idk how that would affect Lyn's ability to get to both axe cavs on the next turn (my guess is that one axe cav will attack Narcian, who can't KO back, meaning that both that axe cav and the healer are in Lyn's way).

Maybe I should just try it again, giving Julia a weaker tome...hm.

Edit: I just tried it, using weaker weapons to bring both Lyn and Julia's Atk to neutral values. The Narcian variant is doable, just different. Also, +0 neutral Spd Julia with Lyn's Spur Spd aura on her can double the axe cavs...she's seriously the best.

Oh, Fae is lvl.28+3 :P and neutral

Lyn is neutral
Cordelia is +Atk/-hp, Brave Lance+ and Luna, and Threaten Speed 3 and Darting Blow (she doesnt like being doubled)
Julia is +HP/-Def

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh, Fae is lvl.28+3 :P and neutral

Lyn is neutral
Cordelia is +Atk/-hp, Brave Lance+ and Luna, and Threaten Speed 3 and Darting Blow (she doesnt like being doubled)
Julia is +HP/-Def

Yeah, Fae might work once leveled then...or you could just use Narcian now (if you're really struggling with it, I did end up recording the run with him. I'm holding it hostage for now =P). Don't forget to have Cordelia equip the Steel Lance; and after the battle, don't forget to give her the Brave Lance back lol.

*goes to give Cordelia her Brave Lance back*

Edit: All this is making me realize that unless I can get off the bait-the-red-cav-with-a-lance-flier train, I'm going to be in for a rough time when this battle's rerun eventually comes 'round and I have to run Camus as my blue (let it be known now that I refuse to go to Loyalty and Ambition for Camus KOs for the quests that I assume will exist).

Edited by LordFrigid

8 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

GHB units only, Final Destination (Tatsumi) (feat. Camus, Narcian, Zephiel, Ursula):

Now that is something I wish i could do sometime in the future. tho my goodness how loaded is this person to get so many feathers? XD

Also its funny to see camus fight camus. which im sure would be a quest at a later date.

I finally did the Lunatic GHB. Team was :

• Caeda (5*, 39, +Atk -Res) : Reposition, Darting Blow 3, Fortify Fliers
  • Michalis (5*, 40, Neutral) : Reposition, Fury 3, QR2, Threaten Def 3, HP+3
  • Clair (4*, 34, Neutral) : New Moon, TA 1, Hit&Run, Threaten Spd 2
  • [Filler]Camilla (4*, 30)

Clair's Hit&Run was a must for me. She tank the healer and mage (thanks to TA1) and keep herself out of range of others calaviers, hitting the healer, and when the two green cavalier were not at range to give Ward Cavalry to the red mage, she ORKO him (thanks to New Moon too).

Caeda's Reposition was too bring Michalis at range of one of the greens calaviers after take out Camus (who had suicide himself against him). For Michalis, Fury 3 and HP+3, and Caeda's Fortify Fliers let him survive of all those hits (notably the healer's hit before the green came). Reposition serves just to send Clair the farest possible, so other opponent units can be send as far as possible.

It takes me several retry to find how to do it. A really difficult GHB...

• 10 months later...

Blessing quests:

Wind: Lyn Emblem
Water: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn
Earth: Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia, PA Azura
Fire: WE Tharja, LA Hector, LA Eliwood, Amelia

Infernal clear:
+4 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn: Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Life and Death 3, Atk Tactic 3, Atk Smoke 3
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Aether, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 1
+3 +Atk/-Def PA Azura: Wings of Mercy, Atk Ploy 3

@LordFrigid @NegativeExponents- @mcsilas @Zeo @Poimagic @DLNarshen @Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi

One Turn Clear Infernal done: 

First time Cherche with gold border. All those Goads made it difficult to use Heavy Blade (Cherche needed the buff to proc GF against the Healer). Cordelia needed SPD seal, Hone Fliers and Ally Support by Roy (forgot to equip his Drive SPD though) to quad Camus. 

I also found solutions for Zephiel and Valter, but I need GF fodder for Oscar first. 

The quests were kinda easy except for the wind one because that time has no tanks and Micaiah wasn't really useful thanks to Grani's Shield. 

Wind: Summer Xander, Nephenee, Klein, Y!Tiki.

Earth: Lute, PA!Olivia, Minerva, Hana.

Fire: Reinhardt, Priscilla, Sigurd, Cecilia.

Water: Eirika, Sheena, Fjorm, Cordelia.

Infernal wasn't hard but it took a few tries because I was tackling it the wrong way. Sheena+Genny trivializes the map but I went with full Armor Emblem (Sheena, BK, LA!Lyn, Hector).

I am ashamed to have to bring in Witch Nowi on a map without reinforcements but I'm stumped trying to solo this, two high resistance axes with horse buffs (and Pass to go for the fodders) on top of the blue mage that doubles Nowi is too much.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Having +10'd my Caeda, I brought her along on this map. My other +10s, L'Arachel, S!Alfonse, and S!Sharena filled out the team. I knew putting Atk Tactic on my Caeda was a good choice, she allowed S!Alfonse to bait on the right and crush an axe cavalier, and I may have Guidance'd S!Sharena to take out Camus.

Really felt good using a +10 team to crush PvE content. (Waiting until I get the dew to refine the Wing Sword to post her in the compendium)

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Well, I have nightmare week at work, so I’ll probably stick to a Caeda clear for now.

Spoiler

I never thought I’d hear myself say “and now I just need to teach him Shove”.

~

@mampfoid congrats! Double congrats, getting Cherche to 5*. That last Axe Cav KO was close!

@LordFrigid Oh wow, your Caeda killed double warded infernal Camus. 

Thanks! Cherche deserved the golden border after being in my core team for such a long time. Ha, I didn't check the matchup between Cherche and the Axe Cav. It was really close, I didn't realize. 

Good luck with your work stuff, try to leave the heavy thoughts in the office. ;-) 

@Ginko Very nice Shiro of yours, he shrugged of so many physical attacks here. Mine is similar, he broke my pity rate very often and is now part of my AA team number #1. 

Camu's able to be heard in the glen.

Water: Summelise, Nohrzura, Arvis and Fjorm. Took a different approach by having Summelise attack Camus first and then be repositioned by Fjorm. Pretty uneventful after that first turn, Arvis tanking the mage and an axe notwithstanding.

Earth: D!Ike, Sonya, B!Ike and Springcina to the rescue. Hilariously, with my first turn the two axe cavs didn't get involved in the attack, leaving Camus to take on B!Ike. This, as you can guess, was a mistake and he took Camus out on player phase, where I also set myself up for the rest of the enemies (Springcina vs. red mage, B!Ike taking on the rest with support from D!Ike and Sonya, who didn't attack). Those ploys might have made this work though, I failed a few times beforehand.

Fire: B!Lyn, Titania, Ursula and Eliwood were on it again. B!Lyn literally had one round of combat if even that, Titania tanked like a champ and took out Camus, Ursula dropped multiple enemies because Blarwolf and Eliwood chipped in near the end and with Ward Cav.

Wind: Xander, Camus, L'Arachel and Clive took this one. Xander tanked and slayed Camus (RIP bromance?), leaving the rest to be destroyed by himself (Axes) and L'Arachel/Camus (mages)

Infernal: I remembered I had armours, so I used BK, Hunktor, LALyn and Chrissa. It took a few tries to figure out the first few turns, but once I was able to sort out the second turn, the next two were easy to clear the map with. Double reprisal man, brutal.

The lunatic quests were surprisingly easy I felt, didn't need more than two tries for any of them.

Fire: Celica, Cherche, Micaiah, and Marisa. Celica and Micaiah did the most work here and it was hilarious watching Celica ignore the weapon triangle and two layers of wards to one round Camus.

Wind: H!Eirika, L'Arachel, Titania, and Camus. Got this one first try for some unknown reason, and I have no idea how but my emerald axe Titania somehow survived a hit from the red mage?

Earth: F!Corrin, Myrrh, Ninian, A!Tiki. Nothing special here.

Water: H!Nowi, Elincia, Tana, and Airzura. Took advantage of their mobility and started the fight on the left side of the map, by the mountains.

Infernal: This took a bit of messing around, but I eventually settled on a team of Airzura, Elincia, Tana, and Genny. Between gravity shenanigans, galeforce on Elincia, and some singing I eventually trialed and errored my way through it.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Ginko Very nice Shiro of yours, he shrugged of so many physical attacks here. Mine is similar, he broke my pity rate very often and is now part of my AA team number #1. 

Everytime I got a blue pity breaker, I always wish that it must be Shiro. I want him to be my first +10 5* exclusive. 2 of him so far that I got as pity breaker. It made me feel happier than getting a 5* focus one.

32 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Everytime I got a blue pity breaker, I always wish that it must be Shiro. I want him to be my first +10 5* exclusive. 2 of him so far that I got as pity breaker. It made me feel happier than getting a 5* focus one.

I know the feeling: BH!Roy broke my pity rate some times and I immediately forgot for what I was pulling in the first place.