Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

What do you guys think of a Fury/Renewal build for Camus? 

I know there are probably better options for him, but I think it is interesting to note his Gradivus has healing capabilities in his source games. With Renewal, it would look as though you are using that same Gradivus. 

Also, I think he'd make a good candidate for Bonfire, considering his fairly high defense stat. 

Edited by Zhu Qiao

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, a bear said:

Hone Cavalry would make it comparable to a neutral Ryoma or Spd+ Ike with Hone Speed (39). He'd probably be a decent candidate for Charlotte's new A skill to bump up to 45 on most enemies, and if he gets Goad at 4* then you might see more Goad stacking outside of Rein Time.

Then again I personally think Spd and QR are overrated in general, so eh.

If you're using Wind Boost, you'd probably want S HP +3 since the median HP is 41. Even then, there's the problem that it won't scale well into the higher tiers due to the fact that Camus is currently only able to gain 1 merge level.

Reinhardt/Xander/Camus/Cecilia with Blade tome, all with calvary skills.

Looks pretty solid, 3 of those characters can be gotten for free, last one can be pulled as a 4*. One has a brave weapon, two have 1-2 range on defence, other is lolBlade tome. All three colours covered off. 2 physical units, 2 magic units. 

For being a game people complain about requiring a lot of money, they sure give you the tools for a pretty awesome team with very little investment. The Blade tome isn't even strictly required, can stay with the Raven tome until you pull a Nino (who is a 3* so it shouldn't take that long). Gunther is a free unit, Jagen and Eliwood can be pulled as a 3* so its not difficult to get the calvary skills. 

I've been waiting for this!  I mulled around the idea of promoting Sharena this week, but she'll have to wait.  

I'm thinking of running something like Gradivus/Swap/Bonfire/Fury/Vantage/Goad Cavalry.

42 Spd with a Hone buff is good enough to double most relevant arena threats at the 690~ level, so I'm not feeling the need for QR.

@Roflolxp54

So mkv you already thinking up a plan for this one?

Well for me, its time to make my predictions:

Judging by the position of the moon and the planets, combined with the speed of sound cubed, I conclude that this map gets destroyed by Fury Nino

Lets see if I can go 3 for 3 with dual dance + Nino and Adept Robin.

@Ice Dragon I figured most don't use GHB units in high tiers anyway specifically because of merge limits and forced neutrals. 45 Spd is pretty excessive for +0 Land anyway, not too often you see a unit with over 40 Spd other than Nino, Tharja, or Celica.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Roflolxp54

So mkv you already thinking up a plan for this one?

Knowing mkv, he'd probably use Cecilia since Camus's A-passive nullifies the bonus damage from female Robin's and Ursula's Colorwolf tomes.

1 minute ago, a bear said:

@Ice Dragon I figured most don't use GHB units in high tiers anyway specifically because of merge limits and forced neutrals. 45 Spd is pretty excessive for +0 Land anyway, not too often you see a unit with over 40 Spd other than Nino, Tharja, or Celica.

Really, it depends on how high-tier you are. Where I am, I usually have an odd mix of +0's or +1's and +9's or +10's and get paired against other teams with similarly odd mixes. Grand Hero Battle units are always potential contenders for a position on my team simply because I rarely have a merged bonus hero lying around (unless one of the new banner units fits into my team composition well enough and I'm lucky enough to pull a sufficient number of them).

In +0 Land, the problem is still getting your HP high enough to actually activate Wind Boost. Considering it's a passive A skill, you're unable to run HP +5 and are forced to settle for S HP +3, which only lets you activate Wind Boost against opponents with 42 or lower HP (when the opponent enters combat at full HP), which is only barely over half of the current cast.

FINALLY. HORSE EMBLEM HERE I COME!!!

I now have almost 50k feathers (49,626 to be precise), which is enough for me to...

- Raise Xander to 5*
- Raise Camus to 5*
- Create a 4*+5 Cecilia (which is the equivalent of a 5*)

I have been waiting for this...!

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

FINALLY. HORSE EMBLEM HERE I COME!!!

I now have almost 50k feathers (49,626 to be precise), which is enough for me to...

- Raise Xander to 5*
- Raise Camus to 5*
- Create a 4*+5 Cecilia (which is the equivalent of a 5*)

I have been waiting for this...!

4* +5 can be potentially 5*+5 instead. That's pretty big difference.

Just now, Tenzen12 said:

4* +5 can be potentially 5*+5 instead. That's pretty big difference.

Wow, you want to donate 120,000 feathers to me so that I can have a 5*+5 Cecilia? That's incredibly generous of you! I don't put money into this game, so I'll think of you forever when I use my 5*+5 Cecilia... :D

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Why does IS hate me?

First you replace my rare Eldigan with Xander.
Now you replace my rare Spring!Xander with Camus.

LOL, I feel you, although I defiantly ran both Eldigan and Xander in my team anyways for this arena round. But with Camus here, I'm out of excuses to run Eldigan. He's the most SI'd of all my horses too.

Oh well, maybe having extra horses on standby will come in useful one day. Like if there's a map mode that actually requires 2 teams/more than 4 units. That would be kind of cool, though probably kind of hard to put into practice with the limited map spaces unless the members rotate.

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Ah... Well I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope he is good. I suppose for a Cav team centered around a Blade tome, he ought to run Fortify anyway.

The real fun is if you remember with the intro of Camus Green is the only spot where Horse Emblem did not have a Legend.

Red: Eliwood, Xander

Rome: Leo

Blue: Camus

Blome: Technically: Reinhardt and Olwen

And 2 of these are DC 

I kinda want to experiment with "The Warden" Horse Emblem for the next rotation

With Triple Ward Camus reach an impressive 43/29, 46/32 with Fury.

Xander reach a batshit 49/27, 52/30 with Fury.

On a defensive terrain that becomes 67/39. Neutral Deathblow 3 Sapphire Lance+ Effie deals 9 to Xander which is a 6HKO. +ATK Effie would deal 13 which is a 4HKO

+ATK Brave Lance DB effie would deal (54 x 1.2 = 64) - 67 = 0

Even at +10 DB Effie with +ATK would only have 69. Which is a 30HKO to Xander

Edited by JSND

I've been waiting for this one for some time, it's finally time to get my favourite knight to fight for his rightful liege (and I have Nino and Hector ready to convince him of that last part).

5 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Looks pretty solid, 3 of those characters can be gotten for free, last one can be pulled as a 4*. One has a brave weapon, two have 1-2 range on defence, other is lolBlade tome. All three colours covered off. 2 physical units, 2 magic units. 

For being a game people complain about requiring a lot of money, they sure give you the tools for a pretty awesome team with very little investment. The Blade tome isn't even strictly required, can stay with the Raven tome until you pull a Nino (who is a 3* so it shouldn't take that long). Gunther is a free unit, Jagen and Eliwood can be pulled as a 3* so its not difficult to get the calvary skills. 

Wait, did my secret horse emblem plan get leaked?

But yeah, building horse emblem is becoming easier and easier. Reinhard can also easily be replaced by Ursula (free unit) with a blade tome, so there might be even more of these teams in the arena now (if I wasn't planning to build a horse emblem team myself, this would be a good time to ask for a nerf...).

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

So how easily could my Nino slaughter a Camus?

If his speed gets buffed enough it might become somewhat difficult actually, but you can always kill some goad users first I guess (1v1, he just gets crushed). Really wondering what they'll do for enemies.

5 hours ago, Astellius said:

Wow, you want to donate 120,000 feathers to me so that I can have a 5*+5 Cecilia? That's incredibly generous of you! I don't put money into this game, so I'll think of you forever when I use my 5*+5 Cecilia... :D

No, but if you donate your Cecilias to me I will make 5*+7 happen eventually and send her to your castle to greet you.

Wow - I am being swayed towards building a horse emblem team. I havent upgraded Xander yet but with Camus that would be two distant counters on horses - 

besides that I have got Titania, Sping Xander on horses - none of whom I am particularly fond of. Maybe I should Upgrade Ursula as well (as a Reinhardt killer?)

Edited by Jedrus Lilac

9 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Replace Reinhardt with Ursula and that's going to be my Horse Emblem team. The difference here though is that my Cecilia is a Raven tome user so I can deal with the likes of Takumi and Klein. Ursula is going to be my Blade tome user.

10 hours ago, Lushen said:

Why does IS hate me?

First you replace my rare Eldigan with Xander.
Now you replace my rare Spring!Xander with Camus.

Man the only reason I don't have a red cav is because I refuse to use anyone but Eldigan.

Don't think Grani's Shield is worth it.  I don't think I've seen a single Wolf user in arena.  Still, it's nice to have as a backup skill in case IS releases a hard map with an Ursla/F!Robin.

EDIT: Unless we'll see some infantry horsekillers in the future.  We could use some to combat horse emblems.

Edited by Lushen

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Unless we'll see some infantry horsekillers in the future. We could use some to combat horse emblems.

Lonswords/zanbatos / ridersbanes/horseslayers / poleaxes/halberds would probably be as shitty as armourslayer line, with only 8/12 Mt and a paltry ×1.5 bonus.

I still want to see them in. Titania with her association with poleaxes was a perfect unit to introduce the weapon type with, but alas, this was not to be.