The North American Nintendo eShop marked Echoes: Shadows of Valentia under in the Best Sellers category

I just checked the Nintendo eShop today in my Nintendo 3DS system. I saw that Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia was marked under in the Best Sellers Category in North America. It definitely looks like we could get more Echoes titles (or remakes) happening in the future. I didn't see anyone posted it to mentioned about it.

20170530_162808_zpsofm6gyqn.jpg

Edited by King Marth 64

C-can it be? Do I hear the sounds of past games' fanfare roaring in the distance? This...can't be possible! And yet...it's so close...*sniff*! This is a grand day!

That is definitely encouraging as I'm hoping that future games will be of a caliber similar if not better than Echoes. I also feel there are a lot of game mechanics From Echoes that future Fire Emblem games would do well to reimplement. (Note I'm not saying copy Echoes for the sake of copying but learn from this game). I'm hoping future games will be more like Echoes and less like Awakening/Fates.

Plus I would definitely enjoy a FE4 of FE5 remake.

Edited by SavageVolug
I forgot one last point

20 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

I'm hoping future games will be more like Echoes and less like Awakening/Fates.

I'm impressed, it took 11 days for me to find a comparison in any way, shape, or form, to the usual whipping games of this forum. That being said, Echoes is a remake, it stands on its own. Its popularity stems from what it does, not what Awakening or Fates did(Other than Awakening selling well enough for the franchise to continue, thus allowing Echoes to exist and both it and Fates bringing new fans into the fold). 

Though I find it funny that no one has compared it to Shadow Dragon or New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow. You know, the actual remakes in the series. So I shall do so. What did Echoes do right that those two didn't. Why is Echoes so popular, despite being almost a 1 to 1 remake of Gaiden, much like Shadow Dragon and New Mystery? I mean I'm grateful and actually happy that it did so well, but the why of it all eludes me, especially when 9 years ago, the first remake to come out was such a disappointment and did terribly in terms of sales.

As for a FE4 or FE5 remake? After the FE6 remake. FE6 is more relevant to the games we got over here than FE4 or FE5.

Edited by Thran Starcrod

8 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

I mean I'm grateful and actually happy that it did so well, but the why of it all eludes me, especially when 9 years ago, the first remake to come out was such a disappointment and did terribly in terms of sales.

Only in the west, 11 and 12 did well enough and not bombed hard like Tellius

3 hours ago, Ayaneru said:

Only in the west, 11 and 12 did well enough and not bombed hard like Tellius

Shadow Dragon sold 310,000 copies in North America, 270,000 copies in Japan, 30,000 copies in Europe, and 30,000 copies in other regions.

New Mystery sold a grand total of 270,000 units because it wasn't released outside of Japan.

For comparison, Path of Radiance sold 290,000 units in North America, 300,000 units in Japan, 80,000 units in Europe and 1000 units elsewhere

Radiant Dawn sold 280,000 units in North America, 170,000 units in Japan, 30,000 units in Europe and 20,000 units elsewhere. 

While neither of the Tellius games sold as well as FE11, it's clear that FE11 did better in terms of sales in the west than Tellius and Path of Radiance at least did better than both FE11 and FE12(Separately).

Edited by Thran Starcrod

4 hours ago, Thran Starcrod said:

As for a FE4 or FE5 remake? After the FE6 remake. FE6 is more relevant to the games we got over here than FE4 or FE5.

Yes, but FE4 is the only game they can remake that has the marriage mechanic baked in. And considering how reviewers like IGN docked points off of SoV for not being able to hook up a 17 year old priestess with a 34 year old pirate, I'd say FE4 has more to do with where the current fanbase priorities lie.

Plus, FE5 is more or less set the template that all FE(FE6 included) games have followed since. Obviously it has its quirks and systems that have shown up here and there(Fates using modified a modified capture system, SoV using a modified fatigue system), but all in all it's a pretty identifiable FE experience for people who have played any of the games since.

Plus, as I'll say a billion times, I'd prefer if FE6 was remade after FE7, since I think FE6 would work better as a sequel than FE7 does as a prequel, if that makes any sense. Basically, if they remake all of the 2D games, I want FE6 to be the last(And yes, I know the SoV director wants to do Binding next, so we'll probably go FE6->FE7->FE4->FE5).

Edited by Slumber

FE11 ended up being the only FE I didn't buy, because who wants a game that requires you to kill your own units to get the new characters?

I don't know about FE12. Reviews favour it much better than FE11, but sales weren't great. But I guess that is to be expected; it looks like FE11, and it's out at a time when the next system was already out for a year. (As someone who held off 3DS purchase, I ended up buying a few of the last DS games, including FE12. Loved it.)

FE15 didn't do much to improve the game mechanics, but its presentation is far better than any of FE1-14 (awful 2D cinematic with compression artefacts aside). I guess it contributes towards a generally better reception than the DS games.

Edited by nocturnal YL

For those that don't know, Fire emblem echoes has been on the top of the 3ds's eshop best selling games for the last two weeks. And if it is now a best seller... There is hope.

Edited by André The kid