Favorite awakening character?

Simply list your favorite awakening character and why

for me, it's Gregor. He is amazing. There is practically nothing to not like about him. His supports are so sweet, he brings out the best in everyone he talks to. He is just a cool guy. 

He also has some of my favorite quotes ever!

Your jigging is up!

Now to face makerrrrrrrr!

How much you pay?

among other such gems.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Henry.

While I do prefer his Japanese counterpart since he is a lot more aloof and more of a tragic character rather than comedic one, tho, I also love his localized version since he gave me a good amount of laughs.

I am also pretty found of his design and he always turns out pretty good for me as a unit.

Honorable mentions would be Frederick, Maribelle, Olivia, Lon'qu and Say'ri.

Edited by Azz

35 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Owain.  

It's either him or Nowi.  

Owain is also amazing. He is literally me but in a video game. He is most likely to shout level up, awesome. If anyone deserves to become a dream fighter, it's Owain!

Cordelia. The reasoning for this is that when I first played awakening, she literally carried my team *alongside Cynthia and to an extent, Severa*  After that she became my favorite character and has always been used in any playthrough of awakening. Some honorable mentions go to best daughters Severa and Morgan, along with Noire, Stahl, Kellam, Gaius, Henry, Tharja, Lonqu, Olivia, and Tiki

6 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Cordelia. The reasoning for this is that when I first played awakening, she literally carried my team *alongside Cynthia and to an extent, Severa*  After that she became my favorite character and has always been used in any playthrough of awakening. Some honorable mentions go to best daughters Severa and Morgan, along with Noire, Stahl, Kellam, Gaius, Henry, Tharja, Lonqu, Olivia, and Tiki

Wow, you love a lot of them.

i gotta give an honorable mention to Anna, she may have really bad reclass options, but she is just amazing! Her quotes are hilarious

I make DEEP cuts!

CHACHING!

SOLD!

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

the only awakening character I really like is noire

that being said, I love noire a lot

she's adorable and perfect and great

even though she's 100% a gimmick character I thought her gimmick was really funny and I found her really fun and charming in all her conversations

i don't like awakening much, but I want to play it again one day just because it's the only game noire is in

i really hope they add noire to heroes soon so I don't have to play awakening again just to see noire again

Well I practically fell in love with Chrom, Lucina and Morgan (because I have a mother's bias on the latter two while Chrom was an accidental marriage).  With honourable mentions going to Noire and Henry as the next set of favourite characters.

13 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Owain. I really just like chuunibyous. It's cute.

IFdBuhj.gif

Nowi and Maribelle are next on the list.

By far the best Owain quotes:

URAAAAAAAH! And anything with his sword hand 

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

By far the best Owain quotes:

URAAAAAAAH! And anything with his sword hand 

I dunno, Owain talking about Ike's mullet is pretty good too.

Excellus and his luscious lips.

I used to be one of those bandwagoners who thought "Lucina best girl".

But I think I honestly like either Maribelle or Virion most.  They're both fairly well-written, and aren't gimmicky in the way that, say, Noire is (though I still like Noire).  Also, what is it with me and nobles lately?  I've got those two, Oboro's technically a noble, and the latest game with Clair, all as favorites of mine.

@Emerson @DisobeyedCargo I laughed most when he screamed "Radiant DAAAAAWN!" and then when his sword hand started "acting up", he promptly said "Now's no time for games!"

Owain is definitely up there as a favorite.  I'd list Inigo as well, but I only started appreciating him after playing Fates and then the DLC for both that and Awakening.

Lucina. Great design, great voice actor, and she actually has an interesting character if you look closely. She struggles to overcome her pessimism after seeing her world destroyed, and she tries hard to change a fate that she thinks is unavoidable deep down. However, when she meets Chrom (and the avatar), she realizes that fate can truly be changed. She has a sort of awakening of her own, in a sense.

Cordelia and Owain.  Cordelia was always a great unit for me and she was the first unit I made a Dark Flier before I knew Galeforce even existed.  And I adore her personality and her support with Stahl.  Owain's another favorite since he's so eccentric, and he was a pretty awesome unit too.

I practically like all the characters but, if I were forced to choose, I would select:

Gregor. For the reasoning OP gave. Like, seriously. Anyone that doesn't want to fly through the air with him, land on the sun and rest their heads on his knee are fools. Fact.

Maribelle. She grew on me as I was first deterred by her initial introduction. Reading through her supports really changed my outlook on her. Though she comes off as unnecessarily hostile, she's a very kind and upright individual that is just really influenced by her noble upbringing. Her design is absolutely adorable - particularly the portrait where her entire face is completely red. Plus, she unknowingly calls herself a strumpet in M!Robin's S support, and she told Chrom he was "a right sweet bit'a fruit."

Virion. Despite being a flirt is a large part of his characterization, I find that with Virion it doesn't come off as aggravating or annoying. As a matter of fact, I have to say he pulls off the "charmer" shtick quite well. It helps that he has a bit more to his character than just that; I really enjoyed his Frederick support because of such.

Edited by saisymbolic

5 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

I practically like all the characters but, if I were forced to choose, I would select:

Gregor. For the reasoning OP gave. Like, seriously. Anyone that doesn't want to fly through the air with him, land on the sun and rest their heads on his knee are fools. Fact.

Maribelle. She grew on me as I was first deterred by her initial introduction. Reading through her supports really changed my outlook on her. Though she comes off as necessarily hostile, she's a very kind and upright individual that is just really influenced by her noble upbringing. Her design is absolutely adorable - particularly the portrait where her entire face is completely red. Plus, she unknowingly calls herself a strumpet in M!Robin's S support, and she told Chrom he was "a right sweet bit'a fruit."

Virion. Despite being a flirt is a large part of his characterization, I find that with Virion it doesn't come off as aggravating or annoying. As a matter of fact, I have to say he pulls off the "charmer" shtick quite well. It helps that he has a bit more to his character than just that; I really enjoyed his Frederick support because of such.

Virion was also one of my favorites, and I totally agree with you on Gregor. There is nothing to not love about Gregor, fact!

Virion - The guy has a surprising amount of characterization in his supports, and I'm very sympathetic towards his plight. Of all the minor characters, he really should've had a larger role in the narrative - he could've taken over Say'ri's role, for example.

Maribelle - An adorable character who grows quite a bit in her supports. I like her background, her support with Gaius in particular, and her friendship with Lissa. She never fails to amuse in every support she's in, like when she offers to take Lon'qu to a brothel, which is still one of my favorite lines in the series.

Owain - It was the first time I was exposed to this particular archetype, and way too many of his line made me laugh. Both "by the mullet of Ike!" and his comment about Inigo being the perfect teacher for his suggested next move "Eternal Chastity" are gems of the game.

Lucina - I really appreciate her character, being saddled with a leadership at a young age just like most Fire Emblem lords, but unlike the others, she did so in a time where they had already lost everything worth defending. Since she's good at fighting and leading and nothing else, this leads to both interesting, touching and funny moments.

Walhart - One of two Fire Emblem villains I can safely say I really like. Too bad his entire arc sort of sucked, but he as a character is still very interesting.

Honorable mentions go to Lissa, Cynthia, Noire, Tiki, Nah, Morgan and Frederick for being totes adorbs. There are only a handful I don't really like, like Panne and Kjelle.

Edited by Thane

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Virion - The guy has a surprising amount of characterization in his supports, and I'm very sympathetic towards his plight. Of all the minor characters, he really should've had a larger role in the narrative - he could've taken over Say'ri's role, for example.

Maribelle - An adorable character who grows quite a bit in her supports. I like her background, her support with Gaius in particular, and her friendship with Lissa. She never fails to amuse in every support she's in, like when she offers to take Lon'qu to a brothel, which is still one of my favorite lines in the series.

Owain - It was the first time I was exposed to this particular archetype, and way too many of his line made me laugh. Both "by the mullet of Ike!" and his comment about Inigo being the perfect teacher for his suggested next move "Eternal Chastity" are gems of the game.

Lucina - I really appreciate her character, being saddled with a leadership at a young age just like most Fire Emblem lords, but unlike the others, she did so in a time where they had already lost everything worth defending. Since she's good at fighting and leading and nothing else, this leads to both interesting, touching and funny moments.

Walhart - One of two Fire Emblem villains I can safely say I really like. Too bad his entire arc sort of sucked, but he as a character is still very interesting.

Honorable mentions go to Lissa, Cynthia, Noire, Tiki, Nah, Morgan and Frederick for being totes adorbs. There are only a handful I don't really like, like Panne and Kjelle.

That is really the only problem I have with virion, they don't go into detail more about him during the valm arc. The guy really has some great supports, one of my favorites being with Olivia. 

The only thing I remember about Frederick is that he really looks like he could be stalh's father. I'm not the only one who thinks this right?

22 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Wow, you love a lot of them.

i gotta give an honorable mention to Anna, she may have really bad reclass options, but she is just amazing! Her quotes are hilarious

I make DEEP cuts!

CHACHING!

SOLD!

Well yeah, I'm semi-biased towards awakening and enjoy most if not all of the cast *plus Stahl is literally me but in a game, so I have that going for me*

Anna is another good one, especially this version, I didn't like Fates version of her very much

1 hour ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Well yeah, I'm semi-biased towards awakening and enjoy most if not all of the cast *plus Stahl is literally me but in a game, so I have that going for me*

Anna is another good one, especially this version, I didn't like Fates version of her very much

If you were to take my personality and put it into a game, you would have Owain, which is why I love him so much, not as much as Gregor, but still a lot. Really wish that Anna got like sword master or really anything so I could use her more often

Frederick is the only character in the game I really fell in love with. <3

To me, he stuck out like a sore thumb among a cast that's mostly flat and boring, imo. He's polite, charming, and so ironically amusing! The naked Chrom posters, oh my god, Freddy. lol I like how much backstory and characteristics we got on him too. He's super serious and reserved on the outside, but he also has a big softie side as shown when he cries and hugs Henry in their A support. XD He develops a little bit in his supports with Panne and Robin where he finds ways around his fears of gamey meat and wild animals.

He seems somewhat insecure too, as he hides these things from the other Shepherds (he lied about why he didn't want bear meat during that scene at the beginning of the game. He suffers trauma from his past. Do we see many characters who totally have PTSD like that? And I haven't mentioned that he likes exercising, sewing and knitting, collecting rare mushrooms, and making campfires! He's got quite a bit to him! Also, when do we ever see a hunky man like him be into sewing and knitting of all things? His support with Nowi also lightly implies that his mother was very loving and supportive of him. When Nowi cheers Frederick on, he says she reminds him of his mom. How sweet. lol

Also, he's one of the more realistic and reasonable characters in the game. He doesn't trust Robin right away while pretty much everyone else does (...what?), he advises against some of Chrom's decisions (like attacking Valm right after they just finished the war with Plegia. Frederick was right that this was not a smart idea), and he's overall pretty wise.

I tend to have a thing for cavalier knights too. ^^ And he's amazing as a Dread Fighter.

Oh yeah, "Pick a god and pray!" is one of the most badass things ever.

And on top of all that, he's incredibly handsome! My Robin married him every time, no question. <3 I really wish Freddy got more love from the fandom. Thankfully though, people don't really seem to hate him, they're just generally "eh, he's okay I guess."

Edited by Anacybele

Man...there's too many characters that I love here...

But out of all of em..I'm tied between Lon'qu and Virion.

Both have the best supports, both are charming and both of them have the best quotes in the entire game.

Lon'qu : How well will you die?

Virion: Shall I make you famous?

Well... :D

Yes, Cordelia is not only waifu, she's my favorite as well.

Contrary to most people here, I really love most of Awakening's cast for some reason, and my least favorite characters aren't hated, they're just loved less. :D

Edited by Cerberus87