What difficulty in Shadow Dragon is most like FE1?

43 minutes ago, Fukinknobhead said:

Just wanted to know.

Normal. Pretty much the closest thing.

Edited by Jedi

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'd say H1 because it's the same difficulty as NM (AFAIK) without the Shadow Dragon exclusive prologue.

7 hours ago, Refa said:

I'd say H1 because it's the same difficulty as NM (AFAIK) without the Shadow Dragon exclusive prologue.

It's not the same. Enemies do have higher stats even on H1. Most notable is Medeus. In Normal Mode, Marth can double Medeus with 24 speed but on H1, Marth cannot double even with his speed cap of 25. 

I like the H1-3 range, as I like the bump in stats and don't care as much for the prologue and gaiden characters as much.

H4 is kinda pointless to me, because at that point why not just go balls to the wall and just play H5. H5 was fun for my replacement run, but I doubt I'd go back to it again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1. 6. 2017 at 5:02 AM, Jedi said:

Ya, I agree with this. Minus the prologue.

Funny, because I actually struggled with FE1 but SD was fine, haha.

I'd say H1 because of ambush spawning enemies rather than the actual difficulty. Normal mode is the only mode where the reinforcements show up at the end of the enemy phase rather than the beginning of it.

20 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

Ya, I agree with this. Minus the prologue.

Funny, because I actually struggled with FE1 but SD was fine, haha.

Famicom clunkiness makes things seem a lot harder than they actually are purely because of the added tedium of an entire phase possibly taking 5 minutes. Most Famicom RPGs lack any sort of quality of life features whatsoever. This is the reason I haven't played anything before FE4.

4 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Famicom clunkiness makes things seem a lot harder than they actually are purely because of the added tedium of an entire phase possibly taking 5 minutes. Most Famicom RPGs lack any sort of quality of life features whatsoever. This is the reason I haven't played anything before FE4.

Yup. I dropped the original FE1 about midway, barely but finished Gaiden (oh boy...).

Sure, I was obviously spoiled by the newer games first but I feel like the series were a rough ride until FE4 like you said.

I think the original FE1 also has lower growths for characters but then I am not sure how it translates to difficulty because the remake seems to have higher stats to compensate for more modern higher growths. I guess looking back, H1 is probably the better answer.