Monoclass Run Suggestions

I am planning to do a monoclass run of Echoes as a challenge, and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to make this balanced between Alm's and Celica's routes, and which class(es) to go with. I'm not sure if I want to do the same class for both Routes, a different class for either route, or just focus on one route and pour all of that classes' resources (i.e. the weapon of the class and the Pitchfork) into that route while playing the other normally. 

If you do the same class for each route, then the only thing I can think of is making Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye and Atlas all mages. You'll get Luthier and Delthea later(Unless you don't count Priestess and Sage as following the rules) for Alm's route. Meanwhile, Celica's route will get Boey, Mae, Sonya and Nomah. This would give you 6 on Alm's side, 5 on Celica's side, giving you a Pitchfork to use on Celica's side to even things out. You'd get the most units to use in this scenario.

Alternatively, you could do Cavalier on Alm's side, giving you Kliff, Gray, Tobin, Faye, Clive, Mathilda and Zeke, a total of 7 units. Celica's route, meanwhile, could optimally go with Mercenaries, giving you Saber, Kamui, Jesse, Atlas and Deen, and once again, the Pitchfork to use on another unit to balance her side out a bit(I'd go with Forking Valbar, since his Knight bases will compliment his Mercenary gains well).

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

If you do the same class for each route, then the only thing I can think of is making Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye and Atlas all mages. You'll get Luthier and Delthea later(Unless you don't count Priestess and Sage as following the rules) for Alm's route. Meanwhile, Celica's route will get Boey, Mae, Sonya and Nomah. This would give you 6 on Alm's side, 5 on Celica's side, giving you a Pitchfork to use on Celica's side to even things out. You'd get the most units to use in this scenario.

Alternatively, you could do Cavalier on Alm's side, giving you Kliff, Gray, Tobin, Faye, Clive, Mathilda and Zeke, a total of 7 units. Celica's route, alternatively, could optimally go with Mercenaries, giving you Saber, Kamui, Jesse, Atlas and Deen, and once again, the Pitchfork to use on another unit to balance her side out a bit(I'd go with Forking Valbar, since his Knight bases will compliment his Mercenary gains well).

The Mages on Celica's route sounds interesting and challenging, maybe I'll do Knights on Alm's route. I'm not sure about Mercs/Cavs, that sounds pretty easy mode tbh, those classes are just so damn good.

E: Also you could have Faye/Kliff go to Celica, too, if you wanted another unit.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

i did a merc run off the bat, it honestly made the game easier, if you want some sort of a challenge i suggest doing something like all archers or soldiers. that might be really tough early with shaky hitrates and what not.