Tempest Torture

Arthur97

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...So what do I put on my spreadsheets? Stick Lucina in the general fodder list as well?

(Plus, apart from Aether, her skillset isn't that impressive...)

Did you stick the other limited-offer units in the fodder list? If so, then do the same.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Masked Marth ends up with the exact same stats and skills as Lucina, I might just use her as Aether fodder since I've somehow managed to pull 5 Lucinas and the one I have is +Spd, so it's not like I need another one.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Did you stick the other limited-offer units in the fodder list? If so, then do the same.

The difference here is that this Lucina is identical to the other ones. Lucina (M) with the same skillset seems like a waste of space.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The difference here is that this Lucina is identical to the other ones. Lucina (M) with the same skillset seems like a waste of space.

I don’t think it really matters. Some might prefer keeping a masked version and some might prefer an unmasked one.
Skills are skills are skills.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t think it really matters. Some might prefer keeping a masked version and some might prefer an unmasked one.
Skills are skills are skills.

Well, if this Lucina comes at 4*, at least she can go in the General fodder section.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, if this Lucina comes at 4*, at least she can go in the General fodder section.

She does come at 4⋆, it says so in the announcement.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

She does come at 4⋆, it says so in the announcement.

Well, that's one note.

On the other hand, I'll need to wait for her to come out before I add her- I need to know which of her skill chains is fully unlocked at 4*. That's... kinda the entire point of separating the 5* exclusive characters out of the remainder.

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, that's one note.

On the other hand, I'll need to wait for her to come out before I add her- I need to know which of her skill chains is fully unlocked at 4*. That's... kinda the entire point of separating the 5* exclusive characters out of the remainder.

You can also get 5* version of masked Lucina with more Tempest Trial point

That's odd, but I don't have a regular Lucina, so I can't complain.

Honestly, since I got Xander, it's pretty hard for any other sword user to compete. Marth got knocked out of his longtime run on my arena team, and I wasn't really expecting "Marth" to do any better regardless of what her abilities were. Although a new skill (like the cooldown one) would've been cool.

Wonder if this will be a regular thing for Tempest Trials, every month or however often. Get guaranteed 4* and 5* versions of an existing character with a new outfit and title but the same abilities. That'd be cool.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Honestly, since I got Xander, it's pretty hard for any other sword user to compete. Marth got knocked out of his longtime run on my arena team, and I wasn't really expecting "Marth" to do any better regardless of what her abilities were. Although a new skill (like the cooldown one) would've been cool.

Wonder if this will be a regular thing for Tempest Trials, every month or however often. Get guaranteed 4* and 5* versions of an existing character with a new outfit and title but the same abilities. That'd be cool.

Next time, it will be Nils with Ninian's abilities. And maybe 'Play' instead of 'Dance'.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Would be a pretty nice way to get alternate costumes into the game, yeah.

And, because they're locked to 2 copies (I'm assuming), you can't +10 them, meaning there's still a reason to pull the 'regular' versions.

Nice to F2P, nice for collectors, and it doesn't hurt their income too much. (Since the biggest money comes from whales pulling like crazy rather than individuals buying 1 pack or 2 of orbs.)

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Next time, it will be Nils with Ninian's abilities. And maybe 'Play' instead of 'Dance'.

Which would make sense. They were the same unit in FE7, only differing in their Play/Dance command.

43 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which would make sense. They were the same unit in FE7, only differing in their Play/Dance command.

Ahem. Ninian had 1 more Constitution than Nils.

27 minutes ago, KongDude said:

OLKV0Lb.png

Lucina isn't the top reward it seems. The scroll bar isn't that high up. Any thoughts on what could be above the "series beloved waifu"?

Hopefully like 100 orbs. Lol

Could possibly be another copy of her for +1. Or the pulse seal perhaps?

1 hour ago, Lucıůs said:

Could possibly be another copy of her for +1.

Huh... I don't really know if they would have two of the same rewards in different scores. I'm actually surprised that they just decided to immediately make her a 5* though.

Edit: Looked back at the rewards on the Tempest Trial Notification. I guess not an immediate 5*. Whoops.

Edited by KongDude

Sooo exited for Trials! I basically requested a mode like this!  I have really come to love the changes in this fire emblem, percentage based chance to hit and random 3x crits were faaar more annoying then fun.  I still think follow up attacks should be reduced dmg.  So any how glad there is a bit more of epic adventure mode to push the limits of units and even use more than 4 :)

5 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

If Masked Marth ends up with the exact same stats and skills as Lucina, I might just use her as Aether fodder since I've somehow managed to pull 5 Lucinas and the one I have is +Spd, so it's not like I need another one.

Same stats, at least

6 hours ago, JSND said:

Honestly a free Lucina isnt bad

The only sword lord whose statswise come close to Lucina level was Lloyd. Shes not on the level of Xander but its fine. 

The real worry is for anyone who decided to invest in Camus... like myself. It does make you wonder what kind of GHB were getting in near future though since they consider one of the best unit atm worthy to become free

Xander's pretty slow though, if he didn't have a distant counter weapon, he probably would not be considered anywhere near as good. Generally, at least in the vanilla, Lucina is considered one of the best swordies.

3 hours ago, KongDude said:

Huh... I don't really know if they would have two of the same rewards in different scores. I'm actually surprised that they just decided to immediately make her a 5* though.

Edit: Looked back at the rewards on the Tempest Trial Notification. I guess not an immediate 5*. Whoops.

There are at least two, one 4 and one 5. I think you may be able to get another one from the ranking as well.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Xander's pretty slow though, if he didn't have a distant counter weapon, he probably would not be considered anywhere near as good. Generally, at least in the vanilla, Lucina is considered one of the best swordies.

Yeah but the fact of the matter is he did have Siegfried, he is also on a horse, and is so wtf overall that played correctly he can 1v1 Swordbreaker Azura and win, something that Lucina need to work with to replicate

She's still the best of the aggresive swords, and even amongst infantry, she's probably the best(Hana and Lloyd is the only one who can conditionally beat her) but theres only so much you can get as an infantry red sword with a Mid tier Legendary Weapon

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Yeah but the fact of the matter is he did have Siegfried, he is also on a horse, and is so wtf overall that played correctly he can 1v1 Swordbreaker Azura and win, something that Lucina need to work with to replicate

By win, do you mean survive or actually kill her, because that just seems ludicrous.