Tempest Torture

Arthur97

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think people are looking into this too deeply and making too broad of assumptions. Lucina and Masked Marth are literally the same person at the same point in life from the same game wearing two different outfits from the same game. I thought it was pretty clear that they'd be given the same stats.

Actually, I do not think they are from the same period of time. Judging from some of Masked Lucina's dialogue, she was essentially summoned from the time portal while Lucina would logically come from after she revealed her identity which was some two years later.

I think you may be a little too critical here. It's a line of thought that is unproven, but also not disproven. There's nothing wrong with some healthy speculation.

Edited by Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, Eliwood is already on a horse which is kind of odd as I think he is the only unit based off of his promoted state.

Also kind of Raven and Lucius.  Raven can't use axes and Lucius can't use staffs until promotion.

6 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Also kind of Raven and Lucius.  Raven can't use axes and Lucius can't use staffs until promotion.

Okay, so I clearly missed a few and Eliwood was the most obvious. It still seems odd that a few are based off of their promoted states while most are in their default forms. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Okay, so I clearly missed a few and Eliwood was the most obvious. It still seems odd that a few are based off of their promoted states while most are in their default forms. 

It was probably for variety's sake.  There weren't many axe users when the game launched, and Eliwood being on a horse makes him stand out more instead of just being another sword lord.  It also distinguishes him more from Roy.  

I'm mostly just glad the new mode will give me something to do in Heroes.

The new story chapters and prologues and GHBs have been trivially easy as of late. Probably more due to just having more 5* and more skills inherited. So every week we get some new content that I blow through in less than half an hour and... that's it? The last GHB I completed on the first attempt on Lunatic.

So really there's pretty much just the daily 3 arenas and leveling up any 5*s or good 4*s I summon...

TEMPEST IS UP!

It looks like the ranking rewards are feathers, just as I expected. A whopping 10,000 feathers for the top 1,000.

2 Orbs at 100.
2 Orbs at 1,500.
2 Orbs at 3,000.
4-star Masked Marth at 6,000.
2 Orbs at 7,000.
2 Orbs at 10,000.
2 Orbs at 14,000.
S Breath of Life 1 at 20,000.
3 Orbs at 22,500.
5-star Masked Marth at 30,000.
3 Orbs at 40,000.
S Quick Pulse at 50,000.
3 Orbs per 10,000 from 60,000 to 99,999.

33 Orbs total. Crystals and feathers in between.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Wow, even more score for the Quickened Pulse seal than the 5* Lucina. That's pretty insane. Well, I shouldn't speak too soon, in case it's not as much of a mountain to climb to get that many points as it seems right now.

Tried the hardest trial. It took me 3 teams to beat. That last battle was hard!  Seriously...those inflated hp enemies. Triangle adept Roy could not one-shot Veronica or Sheena. The team lived thanks to F!Corrin's debuffing. I'm probably going to 5* her next thanks to that. Got a bad report card of E and C....oh well still netted me just over 500 points. 

Just finished my first run at the highest tier:

+10 Lucina [+Spd, -Res] (Falchion, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Spur Atk 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Luna, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Luna, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+0 Elise [+Spd, -Def] (Assault, Recover, Kindled-Fire Balm, Live to Serve 3)

Base: 40
Maps: ×7 (7/7)
Speed: ×1.4 (B)
Survival: ×1.2 (A)
Bonus: ×1.4

Total: 658

Not bad at all. Just another 75 runs for Quick Pulse.

To be honest, Tempest is basically a harder, but more stamina efficient training tower. (With a whole bunch of bonus rewards.)

Edit: Only 705 points for A rank speed and A rank survival hurts, though. That's like 150 runs for all the point rewards. R.I.P free time.

Edited by DehNutCase

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

To be honest, Tempest is basically a harder, but more stamina efficient training tower. (With a whole bunch of bonus rewards.)

It is although honestly i kinda always want a 10th stratum gauntlet so i kinda like it

DAMN, that last Veronica map is scary. My nuke team of Klein/Tharja/Reinhardt/Azura steamrolls everything up until that map, typically with minimal damage... but if I'm fielding Tharja as my only red, I just can't win that last one. My second team of Xander/Cecilia/Olivia/anyone (I fielded Sakura just because) beats that map fine, but I really need to figure out a team comp that can beat that map while still fielding Tharja and not sacrificing too much coverage.

Quick question: is there a rank above A? I achieved B rank for survival after losing 1 team, so I'm guessing that there probably isn't. Also, I lost 1 unit on the backup team on my second run, but got the exact same grade of B, so I'm also guessing that the survival multiplier is straight up for teams only--so if you lose 3 units on the last battle but ultimately clear the map, you may still achieve A. If this happens to anyone I'd be interested to know if I guessed right.

The survival B multiplier is x1.15, a mere 0.05 loss from A, which isn't much at all. I managed a score of 676 despite it (achieving A for speed), so not too bad at all.

2 minutes ago, azurrys said:

DAMN, that last Veronica map is scary. My nuke team of Klein/Tharja/Reinhardt/Azura steamrolls everything up until that map, typically with minimal damage... but if I'm fielding Tharja as my only red, I just can't win that last one. My second team of Xander/Cecilia/Olivia/anyone (I fielded Sakura just because) beats that map fine, but I really need to figure out a team comp that can beat that map while still fielding Tharja and not sacrificing too much coverage.

Quick question: is there a rank above A? I achieved B rank for survival after losing 1 team, so I'm guessing that there probably isn't. Also, I lost 1 unit on the backup team on my second run, but got the exact same grade of B, so I'm also guessing that the survival multiplier is straight up for teams only--so if you lose 3 units on the last battle but ultimately clear the map, you may still achieve A. If this happens to anyone I'd be interested to know if I guessed right.

The survival B multiplier is x1.15, a mere 0.05 loss from A, which isn't much at all. I managed a score of 676 despite it (achieving A for speed), so not too bad at all.

Colorless archers should do amazing in Tempest. There's only 3 Raven users since they don't seem to randomize weapons, so archers just deliver pointy death from 2 range without problems.

I'm running a B.Cordelia with just L&D 1 and regular Brave Bow, and she's been 1RKOing most things. (It helps that she has Lucina and regular Cordelia backing her up, though, along with Azura support.) Distant counter is basically just 4 units in the game, and 2 ranged units don't have bulk, so she just kills everyone without fearing counters, and anything she can't take care of, Lucina can do it for free (Falchion healing), or Cordelia can just brave-lance to death.

Wow, this is pretty fun. I'm proud of my first team pulling off the highest difficulty run with no deaths and not even taking that much damage.

A in speed, A in survival, and 720 points.

B Camilla, Tharja, Cordelia, and my 4* Sakura as a healer.

Also odd that I tried the second hard map first as a test run, and I accidentally moved a unit forward on the last map without attacking and that got them killed, but I still got an A rank for that run in survival, and now I got A rank for no deaths. Guess 1 death might not impact it enough.

Edited by Alkaid

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Colorless archers should do amazing in Tempest. There's only 3 Raven users since they don't seem to randomize weapons, so archers just deliver pointy death from 2 range without problems.

I'm running a B.Cordelia with just L&D 1 and regular Brave Bow, and she's been 1RKOing most things. (It helps that she has Lucina and regular Cordelia backing her up, though, along with Azura support.) Distant counter is basically just 4 units in the game, and 2 ranged units don't have bulk, so she just kills everyone without fearing counters, and anything she can't take care of, Lucina can do it for free (Falchion healing), or Cordelia can just brave-lance to death.

My team is Tharja for bonus points, Nino, Linde, and Lissa because even Blade mages need heals occasionally. Suggestions for where to fit Klein?

Wellp I went through four teams on the last map on the hardest tier. Although that was partly on me picking the wrong units one time, but still! Getting all the way to that sweet sweet quick pulse seems like it's going to be a bit of a slog. But I overall like the challenge!

Has Masked Marth no other skills available than his weapon? If so, that sucks.

30k points for 5⋆ Masked Marth and 50k for the Quickened Pulse seal, woah! Time to bring the grind!

damn..i lost on Veronica's map. tfw if your Corn wasn't -Atk you would've won. ;-; 

this is fun i have no idea how i'm gonna beat it actually mmmm. i wish i'd skilled out more units beforehand and most of my units don't have any skills since i'm saving their SP for kitting except i don't have the skill fodder yet or don't know what to put on them.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That's what the game says, at least.

Anyways, off to bed. It's getting late.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Vaximillian said:

30k points for 5⋆ Masked Marth and 50k for the Quickened Pulse seal, woah! Time to bring the grind!

Her, it's still Lucina. 

Hmm... apparently as long as one of your team(s) that you used has a bonus unit (even if that team lost), youll still get the bonus.

What I did was put Lv.1 nowi on round 1, surrender immediately.  Then went with Fae Lilina Raigh and Azura.  

Doing so gave me the following:

Base: 40

Clear: x7

Speed: 1.2x (probably varies)

Survival 1.15x 

Bonus: x1.4

Score: 676

This might be useful info for people who don't have a bonus unit trained up.

Last map always seems to contain 1 armor, 1 mage beside veronica, and 2 horses (I can finnally make decent use of Raigh's crappy wolftome).

Renewal is pretty nice here since it activates on turn 1.  Thus you heal 10HP at the start of each round.