Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Ugh... I can barely even clear the 1-4 battles of the easier Lunatic Stage, and I usually have to surrender immediately on battle 5. Can't even think about wanting to do the 7 battle run...

My units can't stand up to Veronica at all. Thinking I might need to put Triangle Adept 3 on my +Spd -Res Cain just so I can rush her down before she can attack, which solves one problem maaaaybe but not all that many others... maybe if I give him Draconic Aura or Moonbow or Luna or something... of course that doesn't solve the issue of every other stinking unit there...

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I had 45 at the start lol

I think I might only be able to get 5 star marth though, unless i play every minute of the day. The amount of rewards they have is quite generous especially the ones at the top of the score chart

Also the feather pay out is straight ridiculous. It'll really help get back on my feet after OP OP Oboro

In theory if you play the final stage for 670 for 2 full energy cycle everyday you get 93.800 over the course of 14 days. 

If you only want the Pulse, thats 75 run which is achieveable in 8 days. We dont know yet how ridiculous the rank rewards are though

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If Veronica is the only unit giving you trouble, you can trap her in the bottom left. Just have a blue unit in range of her attack to kite her into that little rubble corner, then proceed to move 1 unit next to her to permanently trap her. You can even use a ranged unit to trap her at the start if there are still other enemy units alive, and when it's safe to tag out any melee unit will be able to safely kill her from there.

Well, the cavalry are giving me trouble too depending on which show up.  But Veronica is just bulky enough that, without a proc, my standard sword users can't one shot her.

And if Kagero spawns with her... yeah, that sucks.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

In theory if you play the final stage for 670 for 2 full energy cycle everyday you get 93.800 over the course of 14 days. 

If you only want the Pulse, thats 75 run which is achieveable in 8 days. We dont know yet how ridiculous the rank rewards are though

Yeah it took me a while for me to get through my first run.

Mainly because Robin didn't have T-Adept equipped heh heh WHOOPS!

I did the last trial... M!Robin, Hana, Michalis and Lissa did the 5 first (lost Hana to Ryoma, then Robin to Barst. Michalis is a monster).

The last map is so difficult. But did it with my last team : Alm, Kagero, Felicia and Raven. Thanks to the lost HP, most of the opponents were easily beaten (two round for Reinhardt with Felicia, then Effie with Raven thanks to a little lost def by Felicia. Kagero and Felicia reduce Veronica HP, and Alm could double her and beat her. What a relief).

It's so haaaaard >.<

Jesus.

I have nowhere near enough lvl 40s to complete the last trials lmao

So I guess that means I'll be grinding out the first ~3 so I can get Marth!

Just now, Silith13 said:

7 battles for 20 stamina. This seems like it's really good for hero merrit too!

I just got feathers from my Azura lol

as long as you make it to battle 3, it's better than 10th stratum for HM grinding. You can do some SP grinding too

Passed 3K now. I'm only doing the Hard maps because Lunatic is beyond brutal. >< Eventually, I'll run out of orbs and be forced to dip into my 150+ orbs. ;_; Which I am saving for my two favourite FE girls.

Urgh, lost two teams to Veronica due to missclicking sucks. I lost Nino in fight 6 or so due to missclick for my first team, but the remaining three could have managed if I'd let Reinhard kill Stahl instead of parking him in front of all enemies...

Currently sitting around 4.1k, so I should be able to get to 10k if I throw in a starmina pot somewhere. Probably best to let my fingers rest for now though.

1 hour ago, Silith13 said:

Hmmm my first two teams seem to barely scrape through the first six maps leaving the last one to my incompetent thrid and fourth team.

The best trick I've worked out thus far is to start with the incompetent third/fourth team and save your best units for last. 

In fact, save enough good units that when you reach the last battle with your first, somewhat battered team you can look at the enemies, figure out what you need, and slot it in.

once i started doing it this way, my performance really improved.

(as an example: my only dancer is Olivia; I do not use her until I've reached and seen the Veronica battle.)

Edited by Personette

So far my tactic has been to clear everything else with "team A" and switching to "team B that includes Lilina and Soren to deal with Veronica, since you usually you don't need res for any other battle than the last one. I'm hoping that if they do this again, they don't put Veronica again to the last battle because this is annoying. Even your typical arena Takumi wouldn't be this bad. I still like the idea of tempest trials.

2 hours ago, Lyrai said:

Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Armored unit (seen Sheena, Gwendolyn, Draug, Effie, Hector)
  • Melee cavalry (seen Gunter, Jagen, Abel, Peri, Titania, Frederick, Cain)
  • Mage cavalry (seen Cecilia, Leo, Reinhardt, Olwen)
  • Ranged infantry (seen Lilina, Mae, Jaffar, Jeorge, Raigh, Robin (M), Setsuna, Klein, Saizo, Matthew)

Just had Eldigan as a melee cavalier and Felicia as ranged infantry.

THARJA ! is by faaar the best bonus unit!!  I decked her out (only 4*) as a healer with Renewal 2, Ardent Sacrifice, and Breath of life 3 (eventually + the seal as well)  She does sooo much work keeping up sustain, Pwning reds, doing chip dmg, and renewal is totally OP in this mode cuz it triggers beginning of every map.  I tried Aid Lucina but being a fragile melee was not helpful enough.  Running my core team of Ike Azura and blade Soren, you really want the two reds and dancer for the end stage.  Loving this so far lot of challenge, bit of a grind but its fantastic addition to the game and remember we have two weeks to do it.

Any one got the full spec on Masked Marth yet?

+Spd/-Res Robin(M) (Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte, Draw Back), +Res/-Hp Julia (G Tomebreaker, Draw Back), +Res/-Atk Celica (Renewal, Reciprocal Aid), 4* Clarine (Rehabilitate, Hone Atk) seems to beat Lunatic 7 Battles pretty consistently. Just need to not choke early and then Julia and Celicia both fight Veronica fairly well. Not sure I'll have the time to actually grind it out though. >_>

Linde, Eirika, Anna, Sakura are relegated to the backup team. Obviously Linde+Eirika combo is way stronger but it's harder to fit them in with Robin(M). Don't have any other 40% bonus characters, or really any more trained 5* units. Suppose could fit Olivia in there and filler some GHB units trained previously for arena, but they really shouldn't get past the Linde team anyways.

2 hours ago, Lyrai said:

3500 x 14 = 49000 points. That's 1 thousand short of getting that seal! Step up a little more! 4000 - 5000 would be best. :)

By the way, Speed makes a big part of the scoring. I think it's best if you bring your sweeper units through 1-7. Do your best, Saint Elimine~ :3

Updating the list again~
Units on Veronica's map:

• Veronica
  • Armored unit (seen Sheena, Gwendolyn, Draug, Effie, Hector)
  • Melee cavalry (seen Gunter, Jagen, Abel, Peri, Titania, Frederick, Cain)
  • Mage cavalry (seen Cecilia, Leo, Reinhardt, Olwen)
  • Ranged infantry (seen Lilina, Mae, Jaffar, Jeorge, Raigh, Robin (M), Setsuna, Klein, Saizo, Matthew)

PS: Sanaki's my best bet against Veronica, but if she has the special she can kill the Apostle too... Beware!

Sully and Rebecca appear commonly enough for me...which is super annoying (dang Rebecca healing Veronica!!!)

Yeah Sanaki is always my backup Veronica killer in Team 2. Cavalry is also in my 2nd team.

I've been doing this for my two accounts:

For one account, Nino, Klein, Olivia, Nowi (for bonus)- Nowi is just vanilla, but she uses Rally Defense for Nino's blade tome and as emergency stop for sword users. Klein has Swordbreaker, and wrecks sword units. I usually start losing them in the Veronica battle though because of the utter amount of HP the units have. Nino is great for Reinhardts/Olwens. Klein is also boss in the fliers map.

The other account I use Tharja, Olivia, Sharena and Merric. Tharja again wrecks teams with her blade tome after Sharena buffs. Merric is for the flier map and emergency blue (cough Reinhardt) check. Sharena for a melee shield.

I do find both teams struggle with maps full of red and colorless teams. Its times like this I wish I had Azura to replace Olivia I guess.

I've done a couple or so with a single team on the top Lunatic map but it requires a bit of luck.

Team 1: Ryoma, Ninian, Reinhardt, Tharja
Team 2: Roy, M!Robin, _________, ________
Team 3 and 4STRUGGLE

Last two for Team 2 depend on the final match-up. I usually don't have a problem getting to match seven deathless. My last run was a disaster and I had to surrender. Too many bad match-ups before final and the final... thanks flying Frederick. I really needed you in my life (no not really).

Lose enough times and yay flying Frederick conditions already met at start of map.

I was training my newly-acquired Sanaki before Tempest Trials. I should get back on that so she can kick Veronica's butt. She's even +Res. Won't even take a single point of damage if Triangle Adept 3 is up.

To add to the list of Ranged Infantry, I've had Raigh, Soren (twice), and Henry.

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just had Eldigan as a melee cavalier and Felicia as ranged infantry.

Got Eliwood and Kagero.

Also, beat the second-highest stratum “deathless”!.. and got an E in speed. Damn.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Got Eliwood and Kagero.

Also, beat the second-highest stratum “deathless”!.. and got an E in speed. Damn.

"Doing nothing over and over but infantry spamming will get me a perfect Technique!"

"What do you mean, I did badly on Speed?"