Tempest Torture

Arthur97

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Doesn't have to be Xander, just some melee red who can kill Veronica in two rounds. (Having at least 2 Move is also useful for getting to Veronica without letting her attack first, although assists can also help that.) Eliwood actually comes pretty close at 5*, so enough additional boosts or chip damage could do it.

Lucina does well enough, especially if she can get Aether and can survive a hit from her, but the others tend to get in the way.

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I prefer the positioning skills to Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid to be honest. Healing allies lets you run faster but more reckless strats, but I haven't had much trouble getting A rank in Speed without relying on that sort of thing. Swap has helped in some situations to move people out of the way, and sometimes I just Swap in Lucina to eat a hit if I can't dance, since she can heal it off while others can't.

Swap has been useful from time to time and I run a healer, however, speed is what I seem to struggle with the most.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Swap has been useful from time to time and I run a healer, however, speed is what I seem to struggle with the most.

A Dancer pretty much trivializes Speed imo. If you bring a Dancer, then you could do Ardent/Reciprocal healing with Lucina instead, if you want. I find my Lucina to be quite busy in these fights, though.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

A Dancer pretty much trivializes Speed imo. If you bring a Dancer, then you could do Ardent/Reciprocal healing with Lucina instead, if you want. I find my Lucina to be quite busy in these fights, though.

Huh, my runs actually seem to put more on Nino and Robin (though he has to deal with reds and colorless). Granted, I've started running a decoy team and saving my elite team for the end. Perhaps I don't need a healer outside of Lucina.

I finished every rung now.  I might use a Stamina option to get more points before bed, but we'll see.

My initial team is Ike, Julia/Soren, Bridelia, Robin.  Then I go to Horse Emblem, but I think I'll switch out Camus for Elise.  Fury does not work as well in here.

My team of Reinhardt, Eirika, Genny and Ninian is pretty much invincible in the trial but there is no bonus unit. So I have to sacrifice a lv1 Robin every first turn and lose survival points. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Huh, my runs actually seem to put more on Nino and Robin (though he has to deal with reds and colorless). Granted, I've started running a decoy team and saving my elite team for the end. Perhaps I don't need a healer outside of Lucina.

I don't have a Nino, just a Julia, so no Desperation shenanigans. Also, my Reinhardt has Fury because I don't have Death Blow. So Lucina is my main source of physical damage, and she's also important for conserving the HP of the other two units by killing/chipping 2-range units.

I just have a backup team that is almost guaranteed to beat Veronica, since my base team is strong enough to power through the first 6 maps even with losses.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't have a Nino, just a Julia, so no Desperation shenanigans. Also, my Reinhardt has Fury because I don't have Death Blow. So Lucina is my main source of physical damage, and she's also important for conserving the HP of the other two units by killing/chipping 2-range units.

I just have a backup team that is almost guaranteed to beat Veronica, since my base team is strong enough to power through the first 6 maps even with losses.

My Nino doesn't have desperation actually, and I don't want to sacrifice my only Shanna for it. Lucina is likewise the only physical damage on my team. I also stick to the second hardest difficulty. 

Is getting As on the second hardest difficulty better than getting B/Cs on the hardest, for the purpose of grinding points?

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is getting As on the second hardest difficulty better than getting B/Cs on the hardest, for the purpose of grinding points?

I don't get As but it's better than losing the hardest which I tend to do.

The Tempest Trials are pretty fun so far! It's also a great way to grind for SP & Hero Merit, waaay faster than anything else. Several people have given me Hero Merit feathers because of it.

My key team has been Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Priscilla. I gave Cecilia Desperation 3, which has been really useful, since it's been easy to have her take in the appropriate amount of damage early on. With the benefits of Darting Blow 3 & Hone Cavalry, it works out like a Brave Gronnblade.

I'm also glad that Survival is not that important of a stat, since the best I have is a 4* Robin, so he's pretty much just dead weight. He goes into the trials, alone, and surrenders. Then the real people come out to play.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't get As but it's better than losing the hardest which I tend to do.

Do you mean the 2nd hardest gives decent points?

I'll have to compare the numbers tonight, if I have time.  I sorta just flew through the first time to give it a try.  Now the serious grind begins.

I do like this mode, though.  It's nice to have a new mode.

Why does Masked Lucina literally have no skills?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

A free 5 star is nice already

But a free 5 star with skills is a little too nuts

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do you mean the 2nd hardest gives decent points?

I'll have to compare the numbers tonight, if I have time.  I sorta just flew through the first time to give it a try.  Now the serious grind begins.

I do like this mode, though.  It's nice to have a new mode.

It seems to. I just made it to the final round of the hardest where I was destroyed and got 300+ points whereas a victory in the second hardest got me 400+ with mediocre ranks.

Okay. After several tries, I've finally found a strategy, and I can get between an A and C in speed if I'm smart. I do the first 6 battles with M. Robin, Nino, Sanaki, and Azura. That gets me the character bonus, plus they're a pretty solid team. Both Nino and Robin can tank the occasional hit to activate Desperation and Vantage respectively. Sanaki can keep full health and maintain swordbreaker. Nino can also heal her if she needs to.

On the final battle, I surrender and bring in Xander, Ursula, Titania, and Priscilla. Ursula. Oh. My. Gosh. With buffs, she usually takes out the armor, mage, and Veronica herself without much trouble. She can't finish off Effie or Gwendolyn, but so far she has handled Draug and Sheena without much trouble. The blue and red mages don't even tickle her. Cecilia does some damage, but it's enough to get her into desperation range. If that's the case, I'll just send her into the fray and let her murder Veronica. Titania and Xander can usually handle the rest.

I'm a little curious though...I'm tempted to just go ahead and replace Priscilla with Camus for the extra buff, but I think in this case, it's better safe than sorry. XD

Do you think is worth it to lv up to lv40 with shards my 4* MRobin (lv31)or 4* Tharja (-atk, lv 1) for the bonus points? I don't have Nowi or Lucina and it looks that I'm not going to go very far with points, so a bonus would be nice

I finished the hard trial, now the Lunatic, it's time to suffer

Makes me a little sad that none of the bonus units are cavalry because horse emblem blows these maps apart (the few times my A team has lost to Veronica on the last Lunatic map, I've had no trouble cleaning the map up with my backup horse emblem team)

28 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It seems to. I just made it to the final round of the hardest where I was destroyed and got 300+ points whereas a victory in the second hardest got me 400+ with mediocre ranks.

Are enemy stats the same on the 5-map Lunatic trial when compared to the 7-map Lunatic trial? (ie. Does Veronica have the same stats on both trials?)

Just now, SniperGYS said:

Do you think is worth it to lv up to lv40 with shards my 4* MRobin (lv31)or 4* Tharja (-atk, lv 1) for the bonus points? I don't have Nowi or Lucina and it looks that I'm not going to go very far with points, so a bonus would be nice

I finished the hard trial, now the Lunatic, it's time to suffer

I'm honestly not sure how far a non-support 4 star will make it. Even an un SIed 5 star can get destroyed.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Are enemy stats the same on the 5-map Lunatic trial when compared to the 7-map Lunatic trial? (ie. Does Veronica have the same stats on both trials?)

Not sure, next time I go through I can check.

Always get A in survival and A in speed.

705 points per run.

My team:

Xander lvl40+0, inherited skills: Bonfire, Fury, Quick riposte, fortify cavalry

Elise lvl40+0, inherited skills: Hone cavalry

Reinhardt lvl40+0, inherited skills: Blàrblade+

Tharja lvl1+0, just for the extra points.

Ez. Horse Emblem is really strong in this one

Just now, Alfred Kamon said:

Always get A in survival and A in speed.

705 points per run.

My team:

Xander lvl40+0, inherited skills: Bonfire, Fury, Quick riposte, fortify cavalry

Elise lvl40+0, inherited skills: Hone cavalry

Reinhardt lvl40+0, inherited skills: Blàrblade+

Tharja lvl1+0, just for the extra points.

Ez. Horse Emblem is really strong in this one

Well that's fine and dandy if you have Reinhardt.