Tempest Torture

Arthur97

22 minutes ago, azurrys said:

She really is! She's especially great this event because of Veronica. I actually struggled a little with her before I threw in the towel and gave her Desperation, since she couldn't kill Veronica without dying to the counter, but since she got it she's been amazing. She got ditched by the wayside while I was focusing on Horse Emblem so this event has been a fantastic reminder of her awesomeness.

I don't know what the status of her HM is for me, but I'll definitely be using her even after she maxes out since she's my best bonus character LOL.

It's super fortunate that she's a bonus character (and for the max 40% amount at that), since she's one of my core units and I'd have used her for this anyway. I don't even have a Nowi or Lucina, and my M Robins are all only 3*, so I really dodged a bullet there. Tharja saves the day once again!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, azurrys said:

She really is! She's especially great this event because of Veronica. I actually struggled a little with her before I threw in the towel and gave her Desperation, since she couldn't kill Veronica without dying to the counter, but since she got it she's been amazing. She got ditched by the wayside while I was focusing on Horse Emblem so this event has been a fantastic reminder of her awesomeness.

I don't know what the status of her HM is for me, but I'll definitely be using her even after she maxes out since she's my best bonus character LOL.

Been thinking of levelling my spare Navarre just to give my 5* Tharja Desperation 3 - thinking it could help alot going buy some comments - Main team Klein,Azura,Tharja,Julia

tumblr_orcbrnrj1M1sn35pqo1_500.png

Entered the final map with Reinhardt, Olivia, and 1 HP Hector. Didn't think there'd be any way to pull it off, but it turns out there's one way.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

tumblr_orcbrnrj1M1sn35pqo1_500.png

Entered the final map with Reinhardt, Olivia, and 1 HP Hector. Didn't think there'd be any way to pull it off, but it turns out there's one way.

How do you keep trapping Veronica there?

Just now, Rezzy said:

How do you keep trapping Veronica there?

She sometimes backs into that spot to kill someone. That time, it was Reinhardt right after he killed the enemy Reinhardt.

If it happens again, I'll see if I can take more specific note of the positioning leading up to it.

Ahhh, how are you guys keeping your momentum up? I'm only at 10.2k and I'm already feeling so drained of this grind...all the thinking/planning is kind of tiring, too, and I've been making a lot more mistakes...

Just now, Silith13 said:

For those wondering. At the end of day 3 you want to be at 10.8K points to be on course for the seal. 3.8K a day is a good measure to keep on to.

That's definitely good to know; thank you! I was running 3.6k/day in my head, but that seems a bit safer...

Mother of all chips, right there:

0kZeSxS.png

Only a TA3 Sanaki and a very battered Sharena remained on my side, and a Gwendy on Veronica’s. Sanaki ran in circles around the pillar chipping Gwendy for 2 damage at a time, charging her Iceberg every three turns. Gwendy is at 1 HP in this screenshot. Stage fucking clear at last, E for speed, C for survival.

And this Takumi thought he was smart, countering Lilina’s Bowbreaker with R Tomebreaker:

w0VLD07.png

Sure enough, he died not to Lilina, but to Soren’s Iceberg.

13 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

For those wondering. At the end of day 3 you want to be at 10.8K points to be on course for the seal. 3.8K a day is a good measure to keep on to.

I’m at 15,429 at the moment. I will be fine.

Edited by Vaximillian

18 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Cool, I'm ahead of schedule, 11,456 as of now, 0 Stamina Potions used.  I'll probably use some if I have time.  I've just been somewhat busy, and want to save them for when I have a bit of time to grind.  I want to get a bunch of points this weekend, because during the week, I'm much busier.

How are you guys feeling about the Tempest Trials so far compared to our other big on/off event(Gauntlets)?

I'm liking this a whole lot more, honestly.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

How are you guys feeling about the Tempest Trials so far compared to our other big on/off event(Gauntlets)?

It's more demanding in terms of total time, but at the same time it's honestly easier to keep up with because it uses stamina. And the battles and rewards are a lot more exciting. I don't think I could handle this every month, but I do prefer it.

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I like it overall.  It gives me a reason to use healing and have durable units and makes it less Rocket Tag.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's more demanding in terms of total time, but at the same time it's honestly easier to keep up with because it uses stamina. And the battles and rewards are a lot more exciting. I don't think I could handle this every month, but I do prefer it.

I like it, and don't mind the higher end rewards being Orbs; in fact it would be a decent substitute for daily Orbs, maybe make getting 2K points a day give you 3 Orbs or something.  I only wish the limited time rewards, like the seal were lower down.  I'd hate to miss out on that Seal.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The grind is a bit heavy, but I'm really enjoying taking my most decked out characters out for a spin. A game mode where 5-charge (and 6-charge) special skills are actually usable is a nice power trip, as well.

Also, this is the first time that I've actually used the Lucina that I decked out with skills since grinding the SP to get those skills on her, and damn she feels great.

19 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I like it...but at the same time I feel it can be really slow. I like this system far more than the Gauntlets...while it's forcing my strategic abilities to stretch to their limit, it definitely is a unique set of challenges given the variety of stats/skills/unit combinations!

Also, WoM!Takumi can appear. That was an unpleasant surprise...

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

It's super fortunate that she's a bonus character (and for the max 40% amount at that), since she's one of my core units and I'd have used her for this anyway. I don't even have a Nowi or Lucina, and my M Robins are all only 3*, so I really dodged a bullet there. Tharja saves the day once again!

Yeah, she's the only 40% bonus I have at 5* too; I'm in the same boat without Nowi/Lucina and a lone 3* M!Robin. I hope the next round of the Trials have someone like her in the bonus lineup too. After having her as a bonus, I'll be very sad if I have to drag around a backpack for future Trials.

1 hour ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Been thinking of levelling my spare Navarre just to give my 5* Tharja Desperation 3 - thinking it could help alot going buy some comments - Main team Klein,Azura,Tharja,Julia

Desperation is game-changing for Tharja, 10/10 would recommend. You don't need it at 3, though; while it's a definite improvement, it's not hard to get below 50% considering how squishy Tharja is. Ardent Sacrifice can help you guarantee that she gets below that, but I'm doing fine with just Desperation 2 and no Ardent Sacrifice (though I've inherited it on her and just need the SP), so you can probably get away with sacrificing 4* Navarre.

29 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Like many seem to agree, this is the exact kind of event the game has been lacking for a while. It's very cathartic to be able to use more than just one main team for everything.

That being said, by now those with a strong core will have probably have the event figured out which tilts the event more towards tedium than challenge. At least it's more fun to grind towards a tangible reward than nothing.

Well, I won the hardest difficulty with my initial Team.  A for Survival, but Speed dropped to C.  Robin and Bridelia died in Map 7, leaving just Ike and Julia.

I'm now at 12,067.  I'll go do real life stuff, and let my stamina recharge before grinding some more tonight.  Almost a quarter of the way to the Seal.

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I only wish the limited time rewards, like the seal were lower down.  I'd hate to miss out on that Seal.

That's my only real complaint with the event. I feel bad for newer players or those who don't have enough of a team built up (including a bonus unit) to get the points they need for the most important rewards before they're gone.(I mean, they'll probably be back, but it could be a while)

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The grind is a bit heavy, but I'm really enjoying taking my most decked out characters out for a spin. A game mode where 5-charge (and 6-charge) special skills are actually usable is a nice power trip, as well.

Also, this is the first time that I've actually used the Lucina that I decked out with skills since grinding the SP to get those skills on her, and damn she feels great.

That's how I've been feeling. Finally something other than arena to really let me play with my best units, and it's a lot of fun. And like those high charge skills, it really opens up use for a lot of things we don't usually do much with, including healers.  My Cordelia's been kicking ass with Galeforce. It's crazy carrying it charged going into the next map and just shitting on 2-3 things in a row.

Just reached 30K so I've got 5* Masked Marth and I'm now stopping for the day. At the rate I'm going, I should reach 99999 score by this time next week. After that, I may splurge a bit on stamina potions as I really want that 10000 feather reward for being in the top 1000

Been going for at least 5,000 points a day, I want to Quickened Pulse within 10 days since the event started. I'm at about 13,000 right now. Does anyone know how the ranking system works? Not the rewards, but ranks.

This will probably get lost among the mass of replies, but it's a handy breakdown of those of us who are only aiming after the Quickened Pulse Reward. You need to be scoring at least 3600 points per day. Fall behind and well... better get grinding. >:D I'm on 11.9K now, so I should be safe. For now. This event really puts the grind in grinding.

Day 1      3600      June 8    
Day 2      7200      June 9    
Day 3      10800    June 10    
Day 4      14400    June 11
Day 5      18000    June 12
Day 6      21600    June 13    [Breath of Life 1 Reward]
Day 7      25200    June 14
Day 8      28000    June 15
Day 9      32400    June 16    [5* Masked Marth Reward]    
Day 10    36000    June 17    
Day 11    39600    June 18
Day 12    43200    June 19
Day 13    46800    June 20
Day 14    50400    June 21    [Quickened Pulse Reward]

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I'm not going to lie, I don't enjoy this event at all. It was kind of fun the first few times, but now it's just a huge slog. I don't have the time or interest to grind through the top level 5-10 times a day, so I'll be lucky if I even hit the Breath of Life seal.