Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Waiting for my stamina to replenish...sitting at 16.6k points; I don't really want to use my stamina potions, but that Breath of Life seal is so very close...I'll see how I feel later tonight. I switched my teams around:

Team A: Tharja, Nino, Azura, Lissa
Team B: Ike, Hector, Takumi, Genny
Team C: Lyn, Soren, Sully, Sakura
Team D: Whoever I think might be able to survive, but is usually 4* Alphonse, Fae, 4* Sharena, and Clarine...usually if Team C goes down, I just surrender; until I promote Alphonse and Sharena to 5* (and give them some nice skills), they're not doing too much...

Azura maxed out her Hero Merit today...went from a little over 1,000 before the event started to full; will probably get at least another 1,500-2.000 feathers soon. Currently sitting at 0 orbs... :'D I've been pulling on the Tempest banner for pretty much every color but green. I'm hoping for a 5* Nowi to either use or to give her Lightning Breath+ to my Fae (dependent on her IVs). Since I need blue so badly anyway...I'm not in the mood to hoard (especially since I'm not sure when another Leo/Celica-focus banner will return...and they're my Top 2 Wanted units).

22 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I prefer to play the 5 fights, are less tedious an I still win the same points as if I play the 7 fights... And even I were able to finish it with only 3 teams, so that give me even more points than 6 ights. That was an awesome display, when Takumi, Michalis, Leo and Linde were able to defeat Veronica and her gang! It was like, wow! How it happened? I'm not sure, but it was good.

Oh, and today I was able to win once the trial with 7 fights, i got all D but bleeee, it was more of what I expected

Congratulations! :D What matters is you did it; the higher score can be nice, but it's not be-all-end-all so long as you're still in-line to get the reward(s) you're after. I'm glad that the 5 fights are working well for you, too! The 7 fights really can drag...I've been grinding pretty much exclusively on those now, and it's just so draining at times...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

One tip against Wings of Mercy: if you check and see that an enemy has it, highlight them, and their WoM attack range will also be shown to remind you when you leave something at low health.

Much as I'd like to do that, it usually happens as the following:

1. I bait someone.
2. Baited unit is alive at a sliver of health.
3. "WTF Caeda, how did you NOT kill Camilla?"

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

1. I bait someone.

Welp. That's why I don't do Enemy Phase baiting much anymore lol.

29 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I prefer to play the 5 fights, are less tedious an I still win the same points as if I play the 7 fights... And even I were able to finish it with only 3 teams, so that give me even more points than 6 ights. That was an awesome display, when Takumi, Michalis, Leo and Linde were able to defeat Veronica and her gang! It was like, wow! How it happened? I'm not sure, but it was good.

Oh, and today I was able to win once the trial with 7 fights, i got all D but bleeee, it was more of what I expected

This is basically my strat. Sitting a little below 27k, so maybe no Marthcina today. But still on track for QP, at least.

How the heck are you guys at tens of thousands of points after only a few days??? I've been going at this for a couple of days now and I've only just broken 1,500. ;Y;

Yes, I am playing Lunatic. I usually get to around Map 4 before I run out of usable units.

3 minutes ago, Tamarsamar said:

How the heck are you guys at tens of thousands of points after only a few days??? I've been going at this for a couple of days now and I've only just broken 1,500. ;Y;

Yes, I am playing Lunatic. I usually get to around Map 4 before I run out of usable units.

Most likely the fact that we've been fortunate enough or playing long enough to have a variety of strong units at our command. I, personally, have a RGB core, one of which is a bonus unit, that features a busted bladetome and bring a healer along for utility. 

I'm sure that with continued dedication you can be right alongside us for the next one!

1 hour ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Congratulations! :D What matters is you did it; the higher score can be nice, but it's not be-all-end-all so long as you're still in-line to get the reward(s) you're after. I'm glad that the 5 fights are working well for you, too! The 7 fights really can drag...I've been grinding pretty much exclusively on those now, and it's just so draining at times...

Thanks!

I noticed my teams work better if I switch characters, for example, now I moved Takumi with Leo's team, and I added Olivia to XanNino team... I also added bride!Cordelia on the random team, she is winning some exp here.

Yeah, it takes lot of time, let's do our best until the end!!

6 minutes ago, Apples said:

Most likely the fact that we've been fortunate enough or playing long enough to have a variety of strong units at our command. I, personally, have a RGB core, one of which is a bonus unit, that features a busted bladetome and bring a healer along for utility. 

I'm sure that with continued dedication you can be right alongside us for the next one!

This is mental torture. I don't want to get Quickened Pulse on the Fates maps. I want to get it now . . .

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

One tip against Wings of Mercy: if you check and see that an enemy has it, highlight them, and their WoM attack range will also be shown to remind you when you leave something at low health.

See, you're assuming I'm smart enough to always check for WoM in the first place. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

>hey it's the 4 fliers map

>3 blue and 1 red

>attack the Claire who's left at 4 HP by Camilla

>YO SUP PALLA RIP CAMILLA

This is what happens when the Tempest grind gets to you and you start playing on autopilot and don't always register that Palla/Cain/Faye/Freddy are even on the map.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

See, you're assuming I'm smart enough to always check for WoM in the first place. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

>3 blue and 1 red

This is what happens when the Tempest grind gets to you and you start playing on autopilot and don't always register that Palla/Cain/Faye/Freddy are even on the map.

She's gotten me like that, too. XD Now I'm paranoid about swooping Pegasus knights and keep an Archer on stand by. "Swooping is bad." -Alistair Therin

30 minutes ago, Tamarsamar said:

600 points every "perfect run", 5 run per energy cycle, 2 energy cycle a day = 6000 points = 84000 after 14 days

So its not that hard. Note that theres actually 3 energy cycle a day, so theres a lot of room for errors

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

She's gotten me like that, too. XD Now I'm paranoid about swooping Pegasus knights and keep an Archer on stand by. "Swooping is bad." -Alistair Therin

It's usually Palla, but it's been Freddy and Cain a couple of times too. The worst one was a map with both Faye and Freddy across the map from me, and I attacked a Florina with Camilla that lived with like 10 HP. BOTH Freddy and Faye teleported in, Freddy killing Camilla and Faye killing my Bride Lyn at the same time.

At least after I got over the shock, my surviving Tharja and Cordelia rubbed it in the game's face by somehow finishing that map AND beating Veronica's map after that all on their own. Take that Memes of Mercy!

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

On Lunatic difficulty (not sure about lower difficulties), all units have all of their natural skills. If you can at least remember which units are Skill Inheritance fodder for Escape Route and Wings of Mercy, that's already most of the way there. At the very least, you won't get surprised by the teleporting Cecilias, Fredericks, and Pallas.

After that, the only units you have to actually check are those that don't naturally learn a passive B skill since units that naturally learn a passive B skill will never have Wings of Mercy or Escape Route on Lunatic.

(I know at middle strata in the Training Tower, units don't always have all of their skills, and so it's possible for a slot that normally has a skill to be a random skill instead.)

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On Lunatic difficulty (not sure about lower difficulties), all units have all of their natural skills. If you can at least remember which units are Skill Inheritance fodder for Escape Route and Wings of Mercy, that's already most of the way there. At the very least, you won't get surprised by the teleporting Cecilias, Fredericks, and Pallas.

After that, the only units you have to actually check are those that don't naturally learn a passive B skill since units that naturally learn a passive B skill will never have Wings of Mercy or Escape Route on Lunatic.

(I know at middle strata in the Training Tower, units don't always have all of their skills, and so it's possible for a slot that normally has a skill to be a random skill instead.)

What you say is completely correct and I do indeed know everyone who has WoM naturally. It's just a matter of sometimes completely not bothering to register the fact that red cav over there in the corner is indeed Cain and if I bait this Olwen he can and will WoM my ass. I blame Tempest Fatigue Syndrome. I'm basically just seeing unit colors at this point playing on half autopilot watching youtube while I do runs.

Also, I got the 5* Masked Lucina today! I'll uh.. train her when we're not in a stamina crunch anymore. I want to hit that 99,999 before doing anything else.

49 minutes ago, Tamarsamar said:

I have enough trained 5*s that I can stick to just 5*s and support units and pretty much never run out before I run out of teams. Been spending pretty much all my stamina throughout the event on the highest difficulty and only lost twice.

What characters are you using?

33 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

>3 blue and 1 red

Hilarious thing to note: if a unit can take a WoM teleport to attack and has no other favourable targets, it will take it. I had one run where I baited Clair with Nowi. Nowi didn't have her proc, so Clair lived, but Palla came in all, "Sup?! Oh, sh—" and then exploded herself on Nowi.

Finally got my 5* "Marth" a couple hours ago. Tempest trials take as much in-game stamina as my own mental stamina. Running 35 maps per full stamina gauge is a drastic increase from the 11 maps in training stratum. 

Also, don't have to worry about WoM if you run a ORKO team. Having Tharja + Nino means practically everything dies in one round. Now if only I could pull a Shanna for Desperation so Kagero wouldn't be such a pain. The one unit that gave me the most trouble is Celica. Mainly because I forget to take into account Ragnarok in my calculations sometimes.....

Thankfully I'm getting ahead of schedule, today I think I'll finish at 42k which means I can take it easier tomorrow instead of going crazy min-maxing my stamina.

Sadly I realized how harsh the stamina penalty is, after finishing for the day I decided to do a summoning session just 'cause, and ended with a Bride Caeda who's going to gather dust until this event is over.

I have 5* "Marth," woo!

Currently sitting at 30,654. This puts me at rank 9,122. There's that many more that have 5* "Marth."

I might use a potion tonight if I'm feeling bored enough. I've only potioned twice and once was to help grind in the Training Tower as well. Needed a break from the grind of Tempest Trials... with a different grind. Haha.

One nice thing about this trial: On desperation users, you can use Vengeance/Reprisal in place of other damaging specials, assuming you're mostly using the units in tempest. Vengeance/Reprisal is kind of bad, because they're best on 'bad' units who stacked a lot of hp, but, in tempest, it's basically a cheaper Dragonic Aura/Moonbow. (Since you keep low hp between trials.)

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

1. I bait someone.

That's why you learn how to do damage calcs so that you're never caught by surprise :P

Managed to pull off a very narrow win (Veronica's map spawned Olwen, Nino, Abel, and Effie). Olwen had 42 Atk on top of Glimmer instead of 38, which allowed her to ORKO my Reinhardt. Tharja managed to finish off Olwen thanks to Desperation + Moonbow. Bride Lyn baited Abel and lived with some HP remaining. Tharja somehow managed to finish off Abel. She also safely finished off Veronica in a single round (from 60 out of 66 HP) due to Effie and Veronica being baited by Bride Lyn (Miracle proccing made it so that both of them had to take down Bride Lyn rather than one of them). Olivia went down to Effie. Then Tharja managed to camp at a pillar, baited Nino, then finished Nino off on the next player phase. Finally, Tharja kited and finished off Effie.

Got a D-rank in Speed but at least I cleared it.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Managed to pull off a very narrow win (Veronica's map spawned Olwen, Nino, Abel, and Effie). Olwen had 42 Atk on top of Glimmer instead of 38, which allowed her to ORKO my Reinhardt. Tharja managed to finish off Olwen thanks to Desperation + Moonbow. Bride Lyn baited Abel and lived with some HP remaining. Tharja somehow managed to finish off Abel. She also safely finished off Veronica in a single round (from 60 out of 66 HP) due to Effie and Veronica being baited by Bride Lyn (Miracle proccing made it so that both of them had to take down Bride Lyn rather than one of them). Olivia went down to Effie. Then Tharja managed to camp at a pillar, baited Nino, then finished Nino off on the next player phase. Finally, Tharja kited and finished off Effie.

Got a D-rank in Speed but at least I cleared it.

I'm pretty sure that at some point, it's better score-wise to just surrender and take in a fresh team. However, I commend the perseverance and would rather sacrifice my speed score over my pride.  Trials wouldn't be as good without battles like the one you describe. 

I need to get around to building Tharja sometime...but all I have is a 4* with a meh asset/flaw.

7 minutes ago, Apples said:

I'm pretty sure that at some point, it's better score-wise to just surrender and take in a fresh team. However, I commend the perseverance and would rather sacrifice my speed score over my pride.  Trials wouldn't be as good without battles like the one you describe. 

I need to get around to building Tharja sometime...but all I have is a 4* with a meh asset/flaw.

Problem is that I basically have nobody else that can be used to great effect. My first team is my best and only team I could put together and use - it's all or nothing for me. I have 5* Xander but I decided that he's not a good fit after seeing him get OHKO'd by Cecilia and ORKO'd by a Fae. Klein does too little damage to matter. I only have 1 Wings of Mercy dancer and she's on my main team. Lissa ain't Bride Lyn and is far less effective at baiting should the situation call for it. I also need lots of resources I don't have - the list goes on.

For me, Survival is a higher priority over Speed as Speed doesn't mean shit to me if my only team can't clear the map.

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 hours ago, Tamarsamar said:

Do the five-map one.  It's easier on my sanity, and I can clear it with my original team ~70% of the time.

The other 30% of the time, Leo spawns on the last map, so I need to get creative.  Then there's the 2% chance that Olwen ORKOs Camilla, which is basically a team wipe at that point.