Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Yep! I tried it on my Bride Cordelia. Her Luna cooldown went from 1 cooldown at the start of the map to 0 cooldown once you press the fight button.

No I mean when you move from map 1 to map 2, etc.

Not from switching teams.

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It triggers upon starting a map, every map. Just like Renewal’s timer begins on turn 1 every map.

Just got Athena. The Sword Exp x2 buff might make leveling Marthcina feasible before TT ends.

Sitting at 32k. Doing better but I keep winning without the bonus unit... what's the average? How much are you supposed to have on this day?

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Not from switching teams.

If a character has Luna at 1 cooldown before activating the seal, that's only possible when they were just deployed in a previous Tempest Trials map.

Just now, Othin said:

If a character has Luna at 1 cooldown before activating the seal, that's only possible when they were just deployed in a previous Tempest Trials map.

Well they said as soon as you press "fight".

That confused me.

There is no prompt between maps unless you get wiped.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Well they said as soon as you press "fight".

That confused me.

There is no prompt between maps unless you get wiped.

It's from the "swap spaces" mode. All start-of-turn-1 effects get unloaded while you're there.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's from the "swap spaces" mode. All start-of-turn-1 effects get unloaded while you're there.

Ah.

Remember I play JP.

戦闘開始 for me.

I keep forgetting that it was changed to fight because of button space.

Edited by shadowofchaos

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ah.

Remember I play JP.

戦闘開始 for me.

I keep forgetting that it was changed to fight because of button space.

Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I should have posted a picture.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I should have posted a picture.

I suppose there's also the fact that not everyone has the setting to start in preparations mode turned on.

Gods, I need a better red mage than Lilina. She’s only good for blowing up greens in the earlier maps and archers because of Bowbreaker, and spuring Atk. And baiting Leo.
Katarina, why did you avoid me? :(

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Gods, I need a better red mage than Lilina. She’s only good for blowing up greens in the earlier maps and archers because of Bowbreaker, and spuring Atk. And baiting Leo.
Katarina, why did you avoid me? :(

Slap Raudrblade/Raudraven, TA, and Swordbreaker on her and watch her clean house.

5 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Slap Raudrblade/Raudraven, TA, and Swordbreaker on her and watch her clean house.

Like I have any of those on hand.

Well, technically I do have Rauðrblade (not +) (but I won’t sack Tharja), Rauðrraven (not +), and TA2 (and used to have Swordbreaker 2 until given to Masked Marth).
Are these even enough?

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, technically I do have Rauðrblade (not +) (but I won’t sack Tharja), Rauðrraven (not +), and TA2 (and used to have Swordbreaker 2 until given to Masked Marth).
Are these even enough?

Why not promote Tharja? With some buffs,she not only ORKO most of the buffed enemies, but can one round Veronica.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Are these even enough?

I don't have Lilina, but I have Sanaki... who's pretty much a re-skinned Lilina.

I don't even have Raudrraven or Swordbreaker 3 on her, and she's still super useful.

Honestly, Bolganone+, TA2, and Swordbreaker 1 is enough as a bare minimum. Just be sure to keep her topped off.

Apparently my speed score for a B ranking is now x1.30001 xD

Seems oddly specific... Takes over the B letter, too...

...And that stupid B. All because Reinhardt went to low health and couldn't one shot some lances... and then all I got were lances xD

38 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Apparently my speed score for a B ranking is now x1.30001 xD

Seems oddly specific... Takes over the B letter, too...

Ahahahaha. Someone unfixed floating point imprecision.

That's an artifact of how many numbers in decimal don't produce "terminating decimals" in binary, resulting in slight imprecision a bunch of places past the decimal point when converted back into decimal.

Normally, you account for that by manually terminating the text a few places past the decimal point, but someone must have unfixed it with the latest patch.

I'm a bit over 30K ATM.  Taking a break to post pics of my last pull, then need to figure out how to allocate a bunch of skill fodder.  I have the feathers, so it's time to clean house!

Spring Camilla/Azura/Lucina/Lucius is still cleaning house nicely.  Lucius has the dubious honor of being an armor-killer, since he was the only one that could do appreciable damage to Wendy (Camilla died).  Also, Lucina + Lucius can handily solo Hector. . .w-what do you mean, how do I know this? :P:

I also ran into this:

Spoiler

kjKncPe.jpg

Thanks for the laugh, AI!  And yes, Lucina kicked most of their butts.

My m!Robin just hit 2000 HM, so it's time to try using 4* Tharja. Which also means bringing in Sharena and Serra for their buff skills, except the first time I forgot to actually have Sharena switch in Fortify Def in place of Spur Atk. Whoops.

I've been taking A/B (occasionally A/C when I die) scores now to surrender with a robin and go in with Cav Emblem to get SP for Camus and Leo, now that I got QP and I can just get the orbs at my leisure.

It's quite efficient. Xander maxed out his HM too. I'd swap in Olwen as well but she has like no skills right now and I don't trust her to do Reinhardt's job with no skills. I'll kit her out sometime, though. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just thought I'd post and odd map setup - well it may not be too odd too many of you but this is the first timd in the tempest trials where I had this hap without a unit starting  to the right a tile away from the trees.

Spoiler

Edited by Marcodian_Elite
Remove picture

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I'm a bit over 30K ATM.  Taking a break to post pics of my last pull, then need to figure out how to allocate a bunch of skill fodder.  I have the feathers, so it's time to clean house!

Spring Camilla/Azura/Lucina/Lucius is still cleaning house nicely.  Lucius has the dubious honor of being an armor-killer, since he was the only one that could do appreciable damage to Wendy (Camilla died).  Also, Lucina + Lucius can handily solo Hector. . .w-what do you mean, how do I know this? :P:

I also ran into this:

Hide contents

kjKncPe.jpg

Thanks for the laugh, AI!  And yes, Lucina kicked most of their butts.

When Hector decides Armads's 80% just ain't cutting it.

Ran into a Hector with G Tomebreaker on Stage 7 a few runs back. Sucks because it looked like an awesome 3-4-turn setup, but playing around that resulted in a lacklustre 7-turn clear. Another notable almost problem was the C13 map with Rein and Olwen both on the wings and Leo in the middle. There was juuuust enough space for Nino to bait out and gank both Dire users on separate turns while Nowi lured in Leo. Scary stuff, though.

12 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Just thought I'd post and odd map setup - well it may not be too odd too many of you but this is the first timd in the tempest trials where I had this hap without a unit starting  to the right a tile away from the trees.

The original story map had five units instead of four. They probably left one of them out for balancing purposes.