Tempest Torture

Arthur97

9 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Yeah, she hits so ridiculously hard no matter who she's facing...it's pretty scary. Plus her Quickened Pulse seal doesn't help; it's essentially take her out fast, or she'll retaliate and you're dead. :'D

Her defense, I find, is just high enough to survive certain hits...that would normally send Nino right on out. Though, they're still pretty low. I'll definitely need to be cautious of who she goes up against, however, just to make sure it's not too much.

Okay - seems that Tharja with Desperation 2 and Nino keeping her tomebreaker's the way to go! Thanks so much for your all help ;; Good luck with the Trials and getting all the rewards you're after!

It's funny since she and her goons essentially make Ryoma one of my weakest units on the final map. Like, he's good if Veronica has high-Res melee Horse and/or Olwen/Reinhardt--but then he dies anyways a lot of the time, haha.

I usually have my Tharja get into a magic fight with someone, if that helps. If that still doesn't hit the threshold, next get her into a healer fight (making absolutely sure they don't have Wrathful Staff).

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I'm aiming for full 100K. :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh gosh so many responses; you're all so sweet! Thanks so much for all the advice/conversation!!

18 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Thanks, not sure how much more i can stomach through this haha, if they do another Tempest without adjusting it I'm not gonna bother maybe, good luck to you as well, hope you reach your goals.

You're welcome~ I feel you on that...if the scoring system isn't changed (which, I hope it will be)...and there's no new seals, but a new 5* unit? I just will get that 5* unit. Unless I can get through this easily enough, I mean... thank you~ I'm sure we both will reach our goals! :D

16 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm aiming for 100k, yeah. I might even keep playing after it (but not worry about points) just because it's such an efficient way to grind SP and HM! I already have three full rows of units with max HM, and I partially have the Tempest to thank for it :D (omg no stop it you have nothing to apologize for)

Mm~! It really is a good way to get SP and HM. I'd love to utilize it more, but only so many units can get through it. Maybe if I can start getting through okay I can use the lower levels for other teams...? Well, best to not worry about that while I'm still trying to get that seal :'D And, wow, Tempest has been kind to you in that regard (and, ah, first instinct was to apologize again... I clearly have a habit I need to break hahaaaaa...).

Also ouch that lost deathless run... D: RIP...

12 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Fury's chip damage will most definitely be fine for getting Nino into range. She'll probably be at 1 HP for half the maps but nothing's going to hit her anyway, so it doesn't matter :'D

Yeah, LaD tanks her defences even further than before, but since my Tharja is +ATK and not +SPD, she can never double speed-boosted Veronica even with Darting Blow lol. I figured I might as well give her LaD so if I have to sacrifice her, she'll at least do more damage first (plus it helps with the other inflated-stats opponents). I personally don't run a healer (my A-team is Azura/Klein/Cecilia/Tharja, though I've swapped out Klein for Cordelia to grind for HM); Tharja has the Breath of Life skill/seal and handles healing the others, and since she needs to be at low HP for Desperation she's fine. Marcina should do great as a pseudo-healer with Falchion's auto-Renewal, go for it!

We definitely can! I'm not aiming for too many orbs so once I get Quickened Pulse I can relax a little haha. Let's follow the Nino philosophy and do our best :D

Mm~ even if Lissa goes down and without Desparation, Nino can still wipe things clean off the map. It's...both awe-inspiring and a bit terrifying... :'D

Mm! Sometimes having a unit hit harder is just what's needed...I'm glad that Tharja still works well! She's pretty strong, even without being +SPD. Ah, I was thinking Tharja holding onto the BoL seal might be good, since she needs to stay in Desperation range, so it sounds as if that works~ I'm also thinking Nino gets the Defense one, and, for now, Lissa the Res one (maybe the other way around...not sure...) Good luck on getting the HM for Cordelia!

Yes~! We got this! And, yeah, once I saw how few points I was getting...I knew those orbs wouldn't be mine. It stings a bit, but there'll be more haha. And, yes! Nino's philosophy's a good one to follow~ :D

10 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

She is freaking awesome!! I feel a bit lucky that now I can run Nino, Linde and Leo in the same team haha.

Mmm, I'm in 21,000~something, just 9,000 more points for that LuciMask!!

Ahhhh, I can't deny I'm a bit jealous! XD They sound like a really strong combination~ does Leo still have his original tome? ...I feel like you mentioned yes but I'm not 100%...

Ah, you're getting so close!! Good luck; you're nearly there! :D

8 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

It's funny since she and her goons essentially make Ryoma one of my weakest units on the final map. Like, he's good if Veronica has high-Res melee Horse and/or Olwen/Reinhardt--but then he dies anyways a lot of the time, haha.

I usually have my Tharja get into a magic fight with someone, if that helps. If that still doesn't hit the threshold, next get her into a healer fight (making absolutely sure they don't have Wrathful Staff).

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I'm aiming for full 100K. :)

Oh, wow, that really is funny. It's weird to think Ryoma could be a weak link on any team...guess these Trials just don't help him out on that map :'D Maps with BOTH Olwen and Reinhardt can be awful if you have no one who can counter...I swear I'm not talking from personal experience...

Mm~ that makes sense! I usually let my Nino handle those, actually, since her res is higher than Tharja's...Tharja takes on the archers if Nino can't kill/will die or someone needs to tank a hit. Wrathful Staff can ruin a lot... :'D I encountered a Lachesis with it and she suddenly got Repositioned in and slapped Azura down from full HP to gone. I was a liiiiiittle mad haha.

You're welcome! I hope you get to that 100k soon, and with ease! :D Thank you for the good luck wishes!

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

oh.

15-30 minutes. Somewhat works for me. For a minute there I was almost literally speedrunning...welp.

So, really, nothing you can do about it?

You can also disable Google's SafetyNet altogether. There's a post in the FE Heroes Error 803-3001 thread about it.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:26 AM, Deteiri said:

I think I found a solution for some emulators. I'm using Nox and I didn't have any errors for a month already (starting from march 7).

803-3001 error is caused by Google's SafetyNet. SafetyNet is a part of Google Play Services. I'd think "maybe if I remove play services and play store (because play store downloads play services automatically) everything will work just fine".

After removing these 2 apps I got an error 803-3021. Apparently it happens because FE Heroes checks if there's google account registered on android device, and it can't do it properly for whatever reason because Play Services are uninstalled.

So, I found a thing called microG. It's a replacement for official play services. It works as a ram and battery saver for older devices, but it has another use for us. There's a useful feature  - microG can disable SafetyNet (or, I'd say, SafetyNet is just not implemented there). I installed it and, so far, didn't get any errors in FE Heroes since then.

I made an easy instruction how to install it on Nox.
This tutorial should work for all emulators working on android 2.3 - android 6. If you use phone on android 5 and higher - you should prefer suhide or magisk.

0) FIRST OF ALL, remove all your google accounts from android emulator. 
1) Get root on Nox. You don't have to download anything, just activate root in Nox settings.
2) Activate root access in settings of standard file manager. Go to /system/priv-app and delete every app listed here you can find in priv-app folder, but do NOT delete Phonesky.apk. Also delete updates for Play Services in settings -> apps if you have any. Reboot android.
3) Now download the latest preview* of microG Services Core (you can see preview versions by pressing arrow button) and stable version of Services Framework Proxy from here. Install them both.
4) Install xposed, install framework via xposed, reboot android. Now go to modules, search for FakeGapps and install it. Activate it and reboot android once again.
5) Launch microG settings. Turn on Google device registration and Google Cloud Messaging. After that you can add your google account either through system settings or play store. After adding google account and launching play market first time it will give an error. Just close play market and launch it again - it should work now.

You're all done! Google account is recognised by FE Heroes and SafetyNet is disabled. 

*The latest microG Services Core preview 0.24-92 seems to have problems with Nox, so you should get the 0.24-81 version instead as of now.

Man, I completely slacked on this. I have only one good team and I barely reached 6k as of today. I don't think I'll see either the 5 star marthcina or any of the seals.... gonna try to give an extra push but my horse emblem team isnt ready yet... feathers continue to elude me.

I'm at 40k and missed an entire day doing the event. Almost entirely F2P (A minnow?), a skill inherited Reinhardt + Eirika + Dancer almost trivialise the event.With Tharja, I can consistently get full survival scores and very often get the highest speed score. I can understand the complaints for the grind being too tedious, but this are various factors to this. This is by far Heroes best event and I hope they keep introducing interesting new events like this in the future. It's the thing that restored faith in the game for me, personally.

I'm really spend in regards to this event. I started out with the goal of reaching those 100k points, but I'm not gonna bother anymore. I can still get a perfect score of 702 consistently, and I have enough starmina potions left to make it to 100k, but these maps are so repetetive that I'm not having any kind of fun with it anymore. I'm currenty at 45k, so I'll just push on to 50k for the seal and then maybe try out a few different teams to try and have a little more fun with this.

39 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Reached 50k just now, I is finished... Mentally. They need to lower the amount of points needed to reach that final meaningfull reward

I pretty much agree, although I'd be fine with it if they made this run for only a week and halved the amount of points needed for the meaningful rewards.

I hope others are still enjoying this event though.

.....I caved.

I blew 22k of my 25k feathers on this... fed her my only Shanna, my only spare *4 Palla and a *4 Jagen for Fury 2. She's my 4th favorite FE7 character but I didn't want this. She's not +Atk or +Spd. No friends, she's +Res/-Def.

I feel like I gave up somehow doing this... I had so many plans. Ultimate Matthew, Brave Axe Cherche. Death Bridelia. I've set them all back after this... I can't even give her Gronnblade+ to Soren. I've invested too many resources already. I'm stuck with her now.

But I'm tired. I'm tired of struggling, tired of failing over and over again. Tired of it being over when Soren dies and having no answers, no superpower. No other... capable green units! It's not the way I wanted, but Nino is here, and she will destroy. Rather than being fed to Soren, she will become his sister in arms. I hope this was worth it...

I just can't help but ask... couldn't I have gotten the same result if I'd just *5ed my Gordin, gave B!Cordelia that Brave Bow+, my Shanna and my *4 Hana for LnD2? Sure she only has new moon but she'd be almost optimal, I feel like such a shmuck right now.

37.7k. Quick Pulse guaranteed at this point. But it blows me that I had to do this to get there. 

Edited by Zeo

Holy shit. All y'all are at 50-75k points!? How much do you play this? And how good is your team lmao? I've just been sitting here, content with grinding failures of the last trial to get 4* Marthcina. I just hit 4K! Idk maybe it's cuz I'm not playing all day lol

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

.....I caved.

I blew 22k of my 25k feathers on this... fed her my only Shanna, my only spare *4 Palla and a *4 Jagen for Fury 2. She's my 4th favorite FE7 character but I didn't want this. She's not +Atk or +Spd. No friends, she's +Res/-Def.

I feel like I gave up somehow doing this... I had so many plans. Ultimate Matthew, Brave Axe Cherche. Death Bridelia. I've set them all back after this... I can't even give her Gronnblade+ to Soren. I've invested too many resources already. I'm stuck with her now.

But I'm tired. I'm tired of struggling, tired of failing over and over again. Tired of it being over when Soren dies and having no answers, no superpower. No other... capable green units! It's not the way I wanted, but Nino is here, and she will destroy. Rather than being fed to Soren, she will become his sister in arms. I hope this was worth it...

I just can't help but ask... couldn't I have gotten the same result if I'd just *5ed my Gordin, gave B!Cordelia that Brave Bow+, my Shanna and my *4 Hana for LnD2? Sure she only has new moon but she'd be almost optimal, I feel like such a shmuck right now.

37.7k. Quick Pulse guaranteed at this point. But it blows me that I had to do this to get there. 

Don't feel bad. You can always get more feathers.

Not +Atk or Spd isn't the end of the world. You could've been a poor soul who pulled a -Atk or -Spd when she was a banner character.

Only time will tell if it was the right choice, but you sometimes have to make choices to get ahead of the game.

I was thinking of 5 starring a similar Tharja to wreck Veronica, but ultimately decided against it since I had lots of backup units. I assume you didn't have that luxury.

Anyway, right now, I can almost clear maps 1 to 6 in my sleep. Sometimes almost literally when I can't sleep and am bored. A flawless victory on Map 7 is generally a coin toss depending on the distribution of enemy units. But team 2 can usually mop up; haven't had to resort to team 3 for a long time.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

You could have a gotten similar results. B!Cordelia is great, but not even my B!Cordelia+10 can handle Veronica on the final map without Savage Blow dealing chip damage at least twice I think. She cannot handle Hector either. I could swap out her S.breaker for Desperation since I have both. She can kill almost everything else though.

My ideal team would be Tharja, Azura, Olivia, and Soren/B!Cordelia, but I do not have a perfect Tharja, so I went with Lucina, Azura, Olivia, and B!Cordelia instead.

I'm at 26K now and these Trials are starting to get real tedious now. >< If it wasn't for Reinhardt, Azura, Hector and various other powerful members of my team, I would have caved in long ago. But the lure of that Pulse seal is just too great.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

.....I caved.

Neutral "meta" characters on their important stats you upgrade do the job.

You just have to make sure not to autopilot like I do with Rein sometimes and get him killed.

I did it on a Raigh that survived with 1 HP.

You could always merge onto a better one if you pull one.

Other stuff:

This was a long while ago... but i couldn't upload it until now.

Spoiler

Man, this was so satisfying.

Edited by shadowofchaos

9 minutes ago, azurrys said:

FINALLY. Quickened Pulse get! Now time to slack off. Orbs are great and all, but I'm really tired of this event.

I feel you. Only started Tuesday evening, managed to get to 10k without any real problems, but these maps are so tedious...I can only Naga-bomb so many scrubs before it loses its charm. Still going to try for all of the rewards since I hate myself.

Julia's basically been carrying the team. 33 (+4 thanks to Clarine's inherited skill) Speed plus QR2 means she can destroy practically any blue or green, while Femui handles the reds and Lucina mops up those rare units that can't be beaten by her comrades. Sometimes they falter at the final map, but Linde, Eirika, and Michalis can pick up from there.

I'm really liking the concept of this event. It could do with less grinding and more varied challenges than just jacked up enemies, but all in all I like the test of skill.