Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

How are you guys planning on changing up your Tempest compositions with the Quick Pulse seal?

Well, the main thing for me is that, since I have the Quickened Pulse seal, that removes the pressure to get top scores, so now I'm focusing primarily on using a variety of characters who need SP/HM, or else I just want to use. At the moment, I've been starting the runs with Est, Catria, Masked Marth, and Nino. I recently promoted Est to 5*, and she's now all decked out, so it's fun to play with her. Catria was summoned as a 5*, so she doesn't have all that much spare SP, and I wanted her to be running with her sister Est. I put the QP seal on her, so the charge on Luna is only 1. She also likes the Hone Flier buff from Est -- it's like a support bonus!

Masked Marth is new, and I like using her. Plus, she needs the SP (unless I want to merge the 4* version). She's been doing great as a medic. Nino is a 4*, but she does just fine. I put Fury 3, Desperation 1, and Chilling Wind on her, it's been great.

That team usually makes it through 4-5 maps, sometimes more, sometimes less. I then switch over to something like Tharja, Celica, Azura, and Cherche to finish up. Celica is the main one who needs SP there. If they don't make it, the third team usually has Sanaki, Olivia, and Merric, along with a fourth of whoever I feel would be good at the moment.

My Horse Emblem team safely holds the rearguard.

The variety has been good for morale, it keeps the battles interesting. I get to use different characters, employ different strategies, and experience new ways to be annoyed by the cliff map with the bush in the middle. It's great!

17 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ahhhh, I can't deny I'm a bit jealous! XD They sound like a really strong combination~ does Leo still have his original tome? ...I feel like you mentioned yes but I'm not 100%...

Ah, you're getting so close!! Good luck; you're nearly there! :D!

Yeah, he still have Brynhildr, I want to give him something but I'm not sure what skill are good for him, and I hasn't used too much inheritance actually, I'm not good at deciding what is best for a character.

23,500! I'm a bit tired of the game right now, so I'll play at night and maybe reach 25,000 . That LuciMask is going to be mine before this event ends!

Something funny happened yesterday while playing. There were 2 units with Reciprocal Aid that started to swap their HP whitout attacking, they were just in a corner swaping their HP until I forced them to attack

Edited by SniperGYS

Its very satisfying when you can finish a map in 2 turns. I was also surprised that I got 4 wyverns on the flying map. Thats quite a feat considering there are only 4 pullable wyverns :o

Finally got to 62k which is currently ranked at 4.5k. Getting all the items doesn't seem like such a far off dream anymore. 

Hit 60k today. 

I really want to switch out Reinhardt and Xander, but I can't figure out how to do so without losing speed. I was going to change Xander for Cain, but he hasn't got the SP for it. My new plan is to get to 99k and then start changing up my team since I'll no longer care about the score. 

Reinhardt has so much spare SP. Might give him some random skills in the future xD Could be useful if I give him bowbreaker, for ins, for the few times he can't fully kill a bower (currently on lancebreaker and my gosh does he kill nearly everything with it). 

Is it just me or does everyone loathe healers in these things? They do way too much damage and take too much to kill... That has to be inflated stats, surely. My healers are never as good (and nope, they don't usually have wrathful staff. I check to make sure). urgh. Cecilia sometimes helps with that, but not always... Half tempted to TA her and hopefully have her help with them further. 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Is it just me or does everyone loathe healers in these things? They do way too much damage and take too much to kill... That has to be inflated stats, surely. My healers are never as good (and nope, they don't usually have wrathful staff. I check to make sure). urgh. Cecilia sometimes helps with that, but not always... Half tempted to TA her and hopefully have her help with them further. 

I think its because you are using Cecilia to kill them. They normally have a buttload of res. I'm looking at you Wrys, who had 42 res for one of my runs 

Just now, Kiran said:

I think its because you are using Cecilia to kill them. They normally have a buttload of res. I'm looking at you Wrys, who had 42 res for one of my runs 

They are pretty good at tanking Xander, too. My main hope is just barraging them - Xander, Reinhardt and Cecilia if necessary. 

But yeah, their res is so high. Add on to speed and they often seem to do way more damage than I feel is right for healers -.-

I use Cecilia more to bait them, so that they don't hurt Reinhardt or Xander xD She protects them from the scary healers...

Finally getting consistently A rank speed, even if it means D rank in survival.

Unless things go wrong then I am getting B rank survival (and various speed) I hate when that happen.

Edited by Tenzen12

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Don't feel bad. You can always get more feathers.

Not +Atk or Spd isn't the end of the world. You could've been a poor soul who pulled a -Atk or -Spd when she was a banner character.

Only time will tell if it was the right choice, but you sometimes have to make choices to get ahead of the game.

I was thinking of 5 starring a similar Tharja to wreck Veronica, but ultimately decided against it since I had lots of backup units. I assume you didn't have that luxury.

Anyway, right now, I can almost clear maps 1 to 6 in my sleep. Sometimes almost literally when I can't sleep and am bored. A flawless victory on Map 7 is generally a coin toss depending on the distribution of enemy units. But team 2 can usually mop up; haven't had to resort to team 3 for a long time.

True, but it hurts when I have other characters who are more optimal for their build and have to sacrifice the feathers for something sub optimal just so I can get a potentially limited reward. In actuality this game has been pretty good to me. I've gotten some pretty great units and up until now there was nothing I couldn't beat with the right strategy or team lineup, except this. This mode virtually requires you to have at least one Juggernaut, without it it's rough. And I've been toughing it out, but I'm out of gas at this point. My main team(s) could typically get to stages 4-6 before running out of gas. Sometimes I can get to Veronica in one go and I've gotten ONE perfect run (without a bonus unit though) but the majority of my runs are failures at the last stage (339).

8 hours ago, XRay said:

You could have a gotten similar results. B!Cordelia is great, but not even my B!Cordelia+10 can handle Veronica on the final map without Savage Blow dealing chip damage at least twice I think. She cannot handle Hector either. I could swap out her S.breaker for Desperation since I have both. She can kill almost everything else though.

My ideal team would be Tharja, Azura, Olivia, and Soren/B!Cordelia, but I do not have a perfect Tharja, so I went with Lucina, Azura, Olivia, and B!Cordelia instead.

The 2 biggest reasons why I didn't go for B!Cordelia were 1. If Robin or Henry show up, the run is ruined. 2. If I pull from the Vantage Banner and Gordin comes up, I have an Extra Brave Bow+ and I officially wasted 20k feathers that could have gone to something else. Still it urks me a bit, but I'm starting to get over it.

8 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Neutral "meta" characters on their important stats you upgrade do the job.

You just have to make sure not to autopilot like I do with Rein sometimes and get him killed.

I did it on a Raigh that survived with 1 HP.

You could always merge onto a better one if you pull one.

True, but I've had this Nino and have purposefully been sitting on her while waiting for a better one. So just splurging everything on her is... well it's troubling. More so that I felt I needed to. And yeah, Nino is pretty common, but this also means I would have to spend another 20k (or 22k) feathers in order to merge her, or 40k if I want to give Soren Gronnblade+. On top of the 40k I need for Cherche (unless I pull a Camilla), the 40k I need for Matthew, the 40k I need for B!Cordelia. It's just exasperating to think about. But with the gauntlet next month, arena stuff, rewards from the TT, I guess it's not too bad.

Welp, enough ranting. The fruits of my sacrifice.

This is my 3rd run with her. Already seeing improvements. First run I got a D/D but I finished. Nino was level 36 and didn't have Fury/Desperation 3/Moonbow or the Speed seal and she still got the team (Tharja/Nino/B!Cordelia/Olivia) to stage 6 before walling at a Jaffar no one could double (no +Spd!). Then Soren/Xander/B!Caeda/Wrys finished the job. 2nd time I made a stupid mistake and got a 339 after failing at Veronica. Third run I swapped out Olivia for Lukas and the results were just as good, Nino had Moonbow this time though. Swept through stages until kicking the bucket at stage 6 again, then my main TT team swept the last 2 stages. @Othin you were right. Swapping Olivia out for Xander and Lukas for B!Caeda completely changes the dynamic of the team. I feel powerful now. Worst part is she's still not ready. Still missing Fury 2/Desperation 3 and the speed seal. Terrifies me to think of what a +ATK or +SPD Nino could do.

This last week my score will double. Look forward to that, full speed ahead. Just wish Athena kinda had a place in all this. She's done virtually nothing since I've gotten her. Think I'll be replacing my main team when this is over. Everyone's maxed out HM.

Edited by Zeo

I ended up taking a break from the Tempest. Couldn't focus on it properly. But I slowly edged back into it yesterday. (I also lowered my goal from all the rewards to just the new seal at 50k points.) I've gotten SO much HM from characters, and that totally makes this event worth it. I upgraded Camus yesterday (at last), and now I need exactly 600 more feathers to upgrade another character. (Probably Lucius. ...because he deserves the absolute best for being a ray of pure sunshine.)

Right now I'm sitting at 36,788 points. Should be able to get up to 40k unless I take more breaks to train new characters.  

2 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Yeah, he still have Brynhildr, I want to give him something but I'm not sure what skill are good for him, and I hasn't used too much inheritance actually, I'm not good at deciding what is best for a character.

23,500! I'm a bit tired of the game right now, so I'll play at night and maybe reach 25,000 . That LuciMask is going to be mine before this event ends!

Sometime funny happened yesterday while playing. There were 2 units with Reciprocal Aid that started to swap their HP whitout attacking, they were just in a corner swaping their HP until I forced them to attack

From what I've seen/heard, Leo really shines when with a Horse Emblem team with a blade tome. I think Quick Riposte and Savage Blow can be kept, since they work well with him...A Skill I'm not so sure about. I don't think you can go wrong with Death Blow, though? Or Fury?

Nice!! You're so close to Masked Luci!! Good luck! :D

:'D Oh wow that's really funny! I've seen a lot of Draw Back/Reposition shenanigans, but never Reciprocal Aid! Who was doing that??

The fatigue is setting in. I'm actually doing worse than before lately since I'm playing far too much on autopilot. Quite a few runs with C rank speed due to trolly maps/enemies I need to wait for a good angle on. Some with B in survival because of errant clicks like dragging a unit to check attack damage and accidentally moving them into the spot without attacking.(done it a few times now on Veronica's stage, feels bad) Also had a C in survival since I do the above and need to use my next team, and I select my Eirika along with the rest... turns out I'd selected my 4* lvl 1 Eirika and not my 40 5*. RIP

At over 65k points now though, so we're getting there.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

True, but I've had this Nino and have purposefully been sitting on her while waiting for a better one. So just splurging everything on her is... well it's troubling. More so that I felt I needed to. And yeah, Nino is pretty common, but this also means I would have to spend another 20k (or 22k) feathers in order to merge her, or 40k if I want to give Soren Gronnblade+. On top of the 40k I need for Cherche (unless I pull a Camilla), the 40k I need for Matthew, the 40k I need for B!Cordelia. It's just exasperating to think about. But with the gauntlet next month, arena stuff, rewards from the TT, I guess it's not too bad.

Remember, this game is for the long haul.

People were daunted at upgrading 5 stars at the start.

And now we have people with all three main characters five starred, and yet they're just sitting in their storage.

Don't worry about being optimal too much. You'll burn yourself out for nothing.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I got 4*star "Marth". I'm done lmao. You guys should consider yourselves lucky, you actually have quality teams. My best is Ike (who admittedly has solo'd quite a few tempest maps lmao), Xander (he's okay), -Atk Robin (soon to be replaced with Sharena, hopefully that will be a breath of fresh air. I went all out to get his damage up, Tri Adept, swordbreaker, and it works alright in arena but in tempest literally every maps there's one cheeky unit with savage blow or poison strike to put him below the threshold) and 4* +1 Raven (to be replaced with Nino. She'll contribute much more, even as a 4*star) 

Right now what I'm aiming for is 

Ike, Azura/Ninian, Hector, Reinhardt

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

The 2 biggest reasons why I didn't go for B!Cordelia were 1. If Robin or Henry show up, the run is ruined. 2. If I pull from the Vantage Banner and Gordin comes up, I have an Extra Brave Bow+ and I officially wasted 20k feathers that could have gone to something else. Still it urks me a bit, but I'm starting to get over it.

Oh yeah. Definitely those two as well. I forgot about them since my Cordelia is merged and can take them on fine, but I can imagine them to be a huge pain for regular Cordelia.

...Game, please, I'm 1k away from 5* Mar-Luci and then you throw this at me??? Do you need to sit down and take a breather because this is mean...please stop being so mad...

Spoiler

FSHsCMO.png

Good thing I have 57 stamina potions to toss at this mode if need be... :'D

What are some strategies you guys have been using to get low turn counts on these maps, generally speaking?

On the bridge map, I've found Reposition and Dance to be incredibly useful for getting a solid 3 turn clear; ranged unit KO's the unit up top, gets danced, dancer gets repositioned, and the ranged KO's the unit on the right. KO the remaining unit on the right next turn, then KO the unit coming down from the left the turn after.

As for the final map, the ranged can move right and break the block to bait the mage cavalry, and on the next turn an infantry can move to bait the cavalry coming from the left while the ranged on the right KO's the armor. The next two turns are spent baiting the remaining enemy ranged as well as Veronica for a quick 4 turn clear.

What ways have you found to make these maps go by faster?

Edited by MrSmokestack

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

What are some strategies you guys have been using to get low turn counts on these maps, generally speaking?

On the bridge map, I've found Reposition and Dance to be incredibly useful for getting a solid 3 turn clear; ranged unit KO's the unit up top, gets danced, dancer gets repositioned, and the ranged KO's the unit on the right. KO the remaining unit on the right next turn, then KO the unit coming down from the left the turn after.

As for the final map, the ranged can move right and break the block to bait the mage cavalry, and on the next turn an infantry can move to bait the cavalry coming from the left while the ranged on the right KO's the armor. The next two turns are spent baiting the remaining enemy ranged as well as Veronica for a quick 4 turn clear.

Twin dancers team is the best core in my opinion. My Azura and Olivia together trivializes the first six maps. You do need good glass cannons though. My Cordelia also has reposition so she can retreat and reposition the dancer back as well.

They also make good fodder if you are really desperate. Losing one usually is not a deal breaker. I can still get perfect scores half the time when I lose one of the dancers.

Edited by XRay

23 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Eliwood and Rein both with reposition. Ninian/Aqua/Olivia

And Julia.

Only particular threats are high res doublers like Zero/Niles.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I finally managed to get the breath of life seal. At this point in time I've basically given up on the quickened pulse seal, I'm going to try to get it the next time the trials appear.

Now to get 5 star 'Marth'. 

Spoiler

tWZj190.png

I did not even realize Cordelia maxed her SP. I have taught her everything she has, but she still has over 7,000 points left.