Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Officially hit 90k :D

Progress is slow since I'm not running a bonus hero anymore, but since all the ones I own have reached max HM, I didn't want to waste all the potential HM gains. 

I'm still getting 504 points per run without a bonus hero though, so I shouldn't have any issues getting 100k before the end. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Sounds like a good goal to me. More work now means less work later. Because who needs sleep, am I right?

Just don't completely destroy your sleep over this. Maybe some of it.

Always appreciate the support.

Currently struggling to hit 25k as I only tend to get 150-300 or something sub like that. Really really need to start heavily thinking over on the last stage.

also my PTDS has me triple checking for Wings of Mercy so I guess I've improved somewhat

Edited by Soul~!

37 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Am I...am I reading this correctly? 

Sounds like it's crunch time!

Yup! I haven't touched tempest pretty much because Mobius have had more cool stuff and the grinding is real! I'm confident I can do it as I safely get 705 with this team. Hone Atk 3 Tharja one rounds Vero with Desperation which is amazing. Actually, Tharja alone swipes vero and her companion with Olivia. The mage cav is either dealt with Sharena (she can orko some leos) and Julia (rip rein and olwen). The other cav is dealt by either the mages or sharena and the armor is stomped by the mages.

@Soul~! Watch me break 100K by the end of tempest!

'least you have a way better start in making 700 per perfect clears. I hardly earn 500, and that's assuming I make it there. Looks a lot more like 150-200 per run, for me.

Just hit 25k.

EDIT: still haven't broken 25k and I went like 3-4 runs

what the fuck am I doing

Edited by Soul~!

82,381 points and rank 5,236.

I keep being tempted to keep going to get into the top 5k, but it's not worth another three days of playing this much. I'm basically calling this finished and switching my focus to other things like cleaning up remaining quests and leveling my new 5*s. And going back to not worrying about using all my stamina.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

This is a good way to grind SP, on a lone unit, right?

It's the best way to grind SP by far (and HM too). 

Grinding SP in Training Tower nets you 12 SP for 9 stamina, assuming the trainee got all the kills. That's 1.33 SP per stamina. 

One run of Tempest, on the other hand, nets you an average of 84 SP per 20 stamina (assuming 4 units per map, which is obviously an approximation since some maps have only 3 units while Veronica's has 5), which is 4.2 SP per stamina. 

Assuming you can properly feed kills to the unit in question, Tempest Trials are 3x more efficient for grinding SP than Training Tower. 

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

This is a good way to grind SP, on a lone unit, right?

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's the best way to grind SP by far (and HM too). 

Grinding SP in Training Tower nets you 12 SP for 9 stamina, assuming the trainee got all the kills. That's 1.33 SP per stamina. 

One run of Tempest, on the other hand, nets you an average of 84 SP per 20 stamina (assuming 4 units per map, which is obviously an approximation since some maps have only 3 units while Veronica's has 5), which is 4.2 SP per stamina. 

Assuming you can properly feed kills to the unit in question, Tempest Trials are 3x more efficient for grinding SP than Training Tower. 

Agreed wholeheartedly. Going to put it this way, I got Athena and she hit level 40 and still only had Armored Blow 1 and Sword EXP 3. Now she has Sturdy Blow 2, Sword Breaker 2 and almost has the SP she needs for 3. The SP farming is simply amazing. 

Hit 90k this morning :D

Not far to go. I'm going to reach 99k before I start running Ursula to build up her SP.

I ran her on the last map a few times. She'd killed three enemies. Veronica had to pick to kill her or Azura. She chose Ursula. WHY?! WHY?!

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Hit 90k this morning :D

Not far to go. I'm going to reach 99k before I start running Ursula to build up her SP.

I ran her on the last map a few times. She'd killed three enemies. Veronica had to pick to kill her or Azura. She chose Ursula. WHY?! WHY?!

And then you have me with lopsided unit pool

Boy look at that 4000 unused Ursula SP

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Defeated units still keep whatever they gained in the tempest, don’t they?

Also, Veronica is a bitch.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lilina kills 3 enemies on round 1.

In round 2, Lilina kills 2 enemies, gets killed by the third (...let's say he's a Reinhardt).

In this situation, Lilina would gain 9 SP- from the three enemies in Round 1 only.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Lilina kills 3 enemies on round 1.

In round 2, Lilina kills 2 enemies, gets killed by the third (...let's say he's a Reinhardt).

In this situation, Lilina would gain 9 SP- from the three enemies in Round 1 only.

Ah, so they only keep what they gained in previous rounds? The more I know!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

A general rule of thumb is that, once you acquire Hero Merit, you get to keep any other spoils you've acquired.

By extension, you are not allowed to 'gain' Hero Merit and then lose it due to death. All Hero Merit is permanent.

20 minutes ago, JSND said:

And then you have me with lopsided unit pool

Boy look at that 4000 unused Ursula SP

If only Reinhardt could donate his SP -.- I think he's got that amount. He's been my main slayer during this run...

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yup, sadly it was all on one map.

She really is v.v

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

SP, experience, and Hero Merit are permanently applied to your units on the completion of each individual map. You can no longer lose SP, experience, and Hero Merit gained on one map once you move to the next map, in Tempest or elsewhere.

Dropped almost 1k ranks over night. I may not be able to completely drop this and still make top 10k, but at least it's a more reasonable goal than top 5k.

Finally hit 50k for Quickened Pulse this morning and I'm not touching any of the other achievements. The orbs would probably go to waste on junk anyway.