Tempest Torture

Arthur97

4 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

There are more lazy and less competent people than competent and diligent people. If one demographic had to be axed, it would be the competent and diligent people.

I was lucky this time for Tempest, but it's not merely being able, even nothing but perfect runs in Tempest will require hours upon hours of grinding to reach 50K.  There are some stretches were work and kids will keep me from being able to grind that much.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dual Dragons said:

@Zeo That's rough. I think I've dealt with both in one map once, but it was easy to take care of them with my own Delete Button (Reinhardt).

Had I taken Soren or Nino, there would have been virtually no threat, but I'm back and forth between A/B runs and B/C or C/C runs grinding SP/HM and when I don't take the juggernauts, I can only handle one of the Thunder Twins.

On another note, the Arena stamina potions are a Godsend. Already at 80k, I may actually break 100k at this rate. MASTER RACE IS COMING, CAN I DO IT?!!

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

THAT'S. NOT. FAIR.

I wish I can face Reinhardt and Olwen on the same map. My Bride Cordelia will show him magic is not everything!

I think someone said that you only get to face someone once per run, so facing both Reinhardt and Olwen at the same time makes it easier on the final map.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Had I taken Soren or Nino, there would have been virtually no threat, but I'm back and forth between A/B runs and B/C or C/C runs grinding SP/HM and when I don't take the juggernauts, I can only handle one of the Thunder Twins.

Haha. I might come to that just training Camus.

I'm having more fun with Tempest Trials using it as a HM/EXP grinding zone. Helps that it contributes some points towards staying in the 5K bracket. Win-win.

So I decided that I can't just simply stop with the 2000 extra feathers from Rank 1-1k being so close in range. Being currently at 118.665 Points gets me Rank 909 though that is going to bounce back slightly above 1k while my Stamina is going to refill as it was like this the last 2 days. I probably have to use up an additonial Staminapot or two to secure my stay in the top 1k.
9jFFdvW.png

Since hitting the 100k I also decided to give my 2 best Teams a rest and grind up HM on other teams and it already paid off. While I now usually only score between 500 and 600 Points/Run I already got a ton of HM and SP on Units that need it a lot more than my maxed out teams. I kinda wish I started doing this sooner since it also makes the Trials alot more fun too.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Question about the prestigious reward thing, would you be fine with it if they released the Pulse seal, say, 2 months later as an easier reward? 3 Months? How long is 'long enough'? (And what even makes a reward prestigious, anyway? I feel like GHB inferno is more prestigious than the seal, because the GHB is a skill check, whereas TT is just a 'are you bored yet' check.)

If I were designing this game's reward system and assuming Tempest Trials is a once every 2 months thing, I'd personally put it at 50,000 again on the next Trial before dropping it to 25,000 afterwards.

As a player, I wouldn't mind seeing it dropped to 25,000 after 2 months. If Tempest Trials were a once every month thing, 40,000 on the second month and 25,000 on the third.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I wish I can face Reinhardt and Olwen on the same map. My Bride Cordelia will show him magic is not everything!

I think someone said that you only get to face someone once per run, so facing both Reinhardt and Olwen at the same time makes it easier on the final map.

Actually, Reinhardt and Olwen, as well as Cecilia are an easy win button for me on the last stage. Nino/Tharja/B!Cordelia/Olivia is my Veronica slayer team. Nino oneshots the thunder twins and Tharja cleans Cecilia, but NO one can OHKO Leo, not even B!Cordelia. I have to waste a dance on him which can mess up the dynamic.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Actually, Reinhardt and Olwen, as well as Cecilia are an easy win button for me on the last stage. Nino/Tharja/B!Cordelia/Olivia is my Veronica slayer team. Nino oneshots the thunder twins and Tharja cleans Cecilia, but NO one can OHKO Leo, not even B!Cordelia. I have to waste a dance on him which can mess up the dynamic.

My initial team usually gets to the end, but whether they can beat it depends on matchups.

My second team, however, Ursula can take a hit and counterattack kill pretty much every Horse Mage, sometimes, she can take out the Armor, too, which is always very nice.  The only thing that really kills me is random Wings of Mercy units.

Edited by Rezzy

Boy has this been tough.  I been grinding, but no luck on what had hope to have gotten on the score.  Right now I just made over 20,385 points for rewards.  So its going to the wire if get 5* Marth..  I'm just not having the good luck with getting one team to beat all of tier 7.  I usually get 2 teams if I'm doing well. Put each run seem to be under 450-500 points with bonus character.  So ughh.  Hopefully I can fix my point earn rate.

Finally hit 90k! Now I'm calling it. Again. I don't think I'll slip below top 10k by the end, probably? I'm at rank 6,784 at the moment.

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

tldr - I don't think the score cutoff for rewards should be lowered, but instead I think Nintendo could alleviate the tedium by adding map variety but more importantly alleviate the amount of grinding by adding the option to spend more stamina for more points (ex: 60 stamina for a Lunatic run with a max reward of 2115 points) 

Since it would be an optional setting, the players who simply want to grind less can use the option but get less HM out of it while the players who want to grind HM efficiently can simply choose to not use the multiplier. Everyone wins.

EDIT: May as well tag @DehNutCase and @Ice Dragon in this and see how they feel about the suggestion, since I've been seeing them and Ice discussing a similar issue. 

I guess @Rezzy too since she just weighed in on the issue.

I more or less strictly on the 'whatever benefits the competent but lazy people' side. That said, increased stamina cost and increased score is functionally identical to lowering the score requirements---except worse from a hero merit and SP perspective.

To keep it 'worth it' for the grinders, the score requirements probably have to be kept for everything 'current,' but can be decreased for everything 'obsolete.' Unless, of course, they simply give out the Pulse seal and the like via something like a Seal Quest where it's 'kill x with y' or the like.

That is, I would prefer score requirements being decreased, and stamina cost and score obtained increased is fine as an option if the first isn't possible, but what would probably happen is simply obsolete rewards being cheaper while current rewards remain locked behind the 50k grind-wall.

Well if I don't get 5 star Marth I can always promote my 4 star. I'm at 7200 so there's no way. I did level my main army to 35-36 so that helps. 

Question: how come marth doesn't have other skills than his weapon on 4 star?

Edited by De Gea

Welp it's getting late but I did finally figure out a team that can go deathless and with a bonus unit.

(Azura, Bridal!Caeda [Blarraven], Julia, Tharja)

Now I just gotta really go ham tomorrow and hit 50K. I know I can do it now, just gotta get there.

3 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

tldr - I don't think the score cutoff for rewards should be lowered, but instead I think Nintendo could alleviate the tedium by adding map variety but more importantly alleviate the amount of grinding by adding the option to spend more stamina for more points (ex: 60 stamina for a Lunatic run with a max reward of 2115 points) 

Since it would be an optional setting, the players who simply want to grind less can use the option but get less HM out of it while the players who want to grind HM efficiently can simply choose to not use the multiplier. Everyone wins.

EDIT: May as well tag @DehNutCase and @Ice Dragon in this and see how they feel about the suggestion, since I've been seeing them and Ice discussing a similar issue. 

I guess @Rezzy too since she just weighed in on the issue.

Since I was arguing with DehNutCase 3 hours ago, I missed this post.

Personally, I think the best option would be to add one more tier to the top while leaving everything else the same. The new topmost tier would be exactly identical to the current topmost tier, but costs triple the stamina and gives triple the points. Problem solved, everyone is happy.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Ouch. Yeah. My B!Cordelia is +10 and even she cannot ORKO Leo sometimes, but since I run Azura, I just let her break the rock, tank a hit, and kill him next turn. If it is Cecilia, I let Olivia do the same thing. If it is the Thunder Siblings, I usually have to wait for him or her to come near me.

27 minutes ago, De Gea said:

Question: how come marth doesn't have other skills than his weapon on 4 star?

Who knows.  Consensus is they didn't want a "free" 5* to be too easy to train.  I guess we're lucky she got Falchion.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Personally, I think the best option would be to add one more tier to the top while leaving everything else the same. The new topmost tier would be exactly identical to the current topmost tier, but costs triple the stamina and gives triple the points. Problem solved, everyone is happy.

I guess I missed that post, too.

What I would do would be to flip-flop the 50K and 30K level rewards, having the 5* for the 50K and the Seal be the 30K, if they follow a similar reward system next time.  That way, even if you don't get the 5*, you'd have the 4* version.  I just think in this case, the Seal gives such an edge in Arena, that you put yourself at a real disadvantage by not having it.

Edited by Rezzy

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh hey that's a really simple way to implement what I had in mind. I like it! 

4 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Can't believe this was yesterday. That was almost 10k ago...

On the way to 90k, last run was a 280 failure with 5/7. 3 hard counters in a row.

Make a mistake with my A team, whole team crumbles > Team B hits stage 3 > M!Robin with no green on my team > Team C hits stage 5 > JAFFAR and RYOMA > Team C destroyed. I have no team D, at that point I'm just throwing together units and hoping for the best.

This mode is really irritating sometimes.

Edited by Zeo