Tempest Torture

Arthur97

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

My team is Tharja for bonus points, Nino, Linde, and Lissa because even Blade mages need heals occasionally. Suggestions for where to fit Klein?

Klein goes in the 'range dps' slot, so you should replace one of the mages, I think.

That said, the maps were easy enough that I did fine without using a healer---Lucina's Falchion keeps her topped, Cordelia's brave-lance means very few things get to hit her, and both Lucina and B.Cordelia has desperation, so even being low hp isn't much of a problem anyway. It helps that Cordelia has reposition, Lucina has swap, and Azura is Azura, meaning it's really easy for me to position for minimal enemy phase damage.

tl;dr Basically just remove whoever you want (probably not Tharja because bonus & red, red being important vs. the final map, since Veronica is green).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

SHHHH! You'll ruin the surprise!

Smash 4 already "ruined" it. 

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Colorless archers should do amazing in Tempest. There's only 3 Raven users since they don't seem to randomize weapons, so archers just deliver pointy death from 2 range without problems.

I'm running a B.Cordelia with just L&D 1 and regular Brave Bow, and she's been 1RKOing most things. (It helps that she has Lucina and regular Cordelia backing her up, though, along with Azura support.) Distant counter is basically just 4 units in the game, and 2 ranged units don't have bulk, so she just kills everyone without fearing counters, and anything she can't take care of, Lucina can do it for free (Falchion healing), or Cordelia can just brave-lance to death.

I can agree with that--Klein has been pretty awesome so far. The main problem is that he doesn't contribute enough on the last map, being unable to 1RKO anyone there and mostly getting doubled and killed in return... though that might be because mine is -SPD. In every other map, he's pretty great! Tharja is honestly the one who isn't contributing quiiite enough to the team but bonus unit lol.

I have a feeling my speed rating will suffer heavily if I take out Azura and Reinhardt is possibly more important than Klein, so I might ultimately still try to sub him out. I did a run subbing Cecilia over him, but accidentally misplayed on an early map so I couldn't see if she would help carry the team on the final one. I'll try again later.

822 points so far... This is going to be a slog. The Lunatic maps are beyond brutal. Maybe I should grind on Hard and see how my points fare. >< Still, 20 Stamina for 5-ish fights is nothing to scoff at.

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

Are the maps the same every time?

And what prevents me from doing just hard difficulty to get the cummilitive points?

From what I can tell the map layouts and always the same, but the actual enemies in them change every time (though Veronica is consistently in the last stage of Lunatic). 

Uhh efficiency, I imagine? If you can't do Lunatic efficiently enough (in terms of deaths/time) for it to be worth it, then you should be fine just sticking with Hard.

3 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Are the maps the same every time?

Only the Veronica map is the same. All of the rest are random.

3 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

And what prevents me from doing just hard difficulty to get the cummilitive points?

The stamina cost. That's it.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

From what I can tell the map layouts and always the same,

Wait, really?

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wait, really?

I've only done 3 runs, so it could be coincidence. 

I'll pay more attention this next run and see. I'm fairly certain I've gotten the same maps each time though, just with different units (I'm doing the highest difficulty of Lunatic)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only the Veronica map is the same. All of the rest are random.

The stamina cost. That's it.

Wait, really?

I can remember the forest with Merric showing up consecutively in my run

And Awakening chapter 3 map

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wait, really?

Can corroborate, I also got the same set of 7 maps throughout my 3 runs. Enemies in Veronica's map also have their movement type set, though not their weapon (2 horses, 1 armour, 1 other colourless ranged infantry).

I got Reinhardt on Veronica's map 3 times in a row. Someone tell me this is bad luck and I don't have to dread him every single time I play the map...

Edited by azurrys

The final map is freakin' hard! I definitely need a strong Red mage to beat Veronica. I just survived with 1 HP Leo on the last team =w=

Still. Going to be amazing. I'll keep playing this, but I'll make sure to spend wisely. 1 Stamina Potion per day!

1 minute ago, azurrys said:

Can corroborate, I also got the same set of 7 maps throughout my 3 runs. Enemies in Veronica's map also have their movement type set, though not their weapon (2 horses, 1 armour, 1 other colourless infantry).

I got Reinhardt on Veronica's map 3 times in a row. Someone tell me this is bad luck and I don't have to dread him every single time I play the map...

I have always gotten an armor, Reinhardt/Olwen, an infantry ranged unit, a melee horse, and Veronica. 

So yes, you're right. (Though the infantry doesn't have to be colorless. I'm actually on her map rn, and there isn't a single colorless enemy)

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I have always gotten an armor, Reinhardt/Olwen, an infantry ranged unit, a melee horse, and Veronica. 

So yes, you're right. (Though the infantry doesn't have to be colorless. I'm actually on her map rn, and there isn't a single colorless enemy)

They always have Reinhardt or Olwen?

Damn

Ugh, that Veronica. She had to run Fury 3 on top of that blasted Elivagar tome. And that's only on Hard mode. 5* Tharja is not a hot answer to Veronica on Hard and higher. And Hector barely tanked a Bonfire-boosted attack from Veronica (lived at only 1HP from full health; neutral HP and Res Hector).

2 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Can corroborate, I also got the same set of 7 maps throughout my 3 runs. Enemies in Veronica's map also have their movement type set, though not their weapon (2 horses, 1 armour, 1 other colourless infantry).

I got Odin for the last infantry on my last run, so it isn't guaranteed colorless.

3 minutes ago, azurrys said:

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

FUCK WINGS OF MERCY CAEDA

…sorry.

I got Cecilia (Escape Route) and Cain (Wings of Mercy) at the same time in my first Veronica map.

My second run had Cecilia (Escape Route) and Stahl (Swap).

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I got Odin for the last infantry on my last run, so it isn't guaranteed colorless.

I got Cecilia (Escape Route) and Cain (Wings of Mercy) at the same time in my first Veronica map.

It only suggests that perhaps the whole Veronica battle is pseudo-randomized with certain team presets.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Huh. I've done the map four times now and literally never not gotten one of the Thracia Thunder Twins. 

But it does make sense that it would just be "ranged cavalry" and not specifically those two. Just RNG being RNG.