Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

With my tried and true core of Lucina/Julia/Reinhardt/Azura, deathless is pretty easy on the hardest gauntlet now.

I wish I could say the same for myself heh

At least now we all get a Lucina so I don't have to worry about you stealing her from me ;)

@Luna of Dragonblood try Hard first to get a feel for it and then move to Lunatic!

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Possibly a silly question, but is it best to just hop to a harder level/difficulty...or should we do every rank at least once? I haven't been able to start yet, and I have n-o idea what I'm doing... :'D

Best to just skip to lunatic. The lower levels barely give any points at all :(

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Best to just skip to lunatic. The lower levels barely give any points at all :(

Okay~ thanks for letting me know :'D I'm terrified I'm not at all equipped for this...but, we'll see. Good luck to you, and everyone else!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I wish I could say the same for myself heh

At least now we all get a Lucina so I don't have to worry about you stealing her from me ;)

@Luna of Dragonblood try Hard first to get a feel for it and then move to Lunatic!

Oh! Hmm, that might not be so bad...I don't have a lot of units with skill inheritance or too many good team compositions...that'd be a good idea to get my feet wet... :'D

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

Running Ryoma/Nino/Robin/Olivia. Robin is the only 5* bonus I have. He's been pulling his weight, though, since he's +atk and TA3. I find my chances of deathless hinges on how well I preserve Ryoma's HP until the end for him to punt Veronica or something. If not, horse emblem can take over from there. 

I got A speed/survival once, though.

Anyway got like 7k now, racked up enough feathers to promote my camus, too

Edited by Thor Odinson

15 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Anyway got like 7k now, racked up enough feathers to promote my camus, too

I have 8k right now and I have to say that the ranking system is pretty great

I'm in the second highest bracket so that's 8k feathers. Pretty nice!

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, this thread exploded:

To get masked marth 5*, you need to score slightly over 2,000 points per day. 

For someone like me who is getting like 200pts per run max, this is difficult.  Maybe I should go to a lower difficulty.

The focus heroes are just NOT fair.  I mean, because I don't use these four characters I'm pretty much screwed for one run?  It's almost like I just need to have my first team just be the focus hero and suicide, then use a real team...

Didn't see the no-healing coming.  My dancer team is suffering since I just +'d my only healer, Sakura so I don't have a replacement (+'d level 1 with level 40 so she's lvl14).  Then again, Spring Camilla wrecks everything until the final boss round...

I get about 350 I think.

1 hour ago, Silith13 said:

I'm consistantly hitting ~330 So 11 runs a day will do it for me. 10 when I wake up. 10 after dinner and 1-3 more before going to bed.

This gives me hope.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

I suck compared to most of y'all.

So:

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

I get 300 on average each run.

At 1k.

I have issues too. Speed is my major problem. I just take too long to get units into position I guess. Either way, I just get too frustrated to really enjoy this mode.

Is the Permadeath for the run tied to the character?  If I run Xander on one team, and then that team loses, can I run him on another team, or would he be unavailable?

Just now, Rezzy said:

Is the Permadeath for the run tied to the character?  If I run Xander on one team, and then that team loses, can I run him on another team, or would he be unavailable?

Its not tied to the character, just the one unit you used. Which is great since that means I can run Nino twice.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

He'll be unavailable until the end of the run, yes. Uh, you can run a different Xander though if you've got the other one, I think.

Spent one stamina pot and I'm currently at 8662 score, so I'm making good time, I think.

Edited by Otorio

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Its not tied to the character, just the one unit you used. Which is great since that means I can run Nino twice.

Dang

Wish I had a Second Nino....

I have a second Karel but he's not exactly useful XD

I wonder what happens if more than 1,000 people hit 99,999 points. Will they all get the maximum feather bonus, or just the first 1,000? Unless it keeps tracking points beyond 99,999.

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I tried the lower lunatic tier and I ran into an Ike who just decided to decimate everything and everyone. Is...this possible to do without hefty skill inheritance...?

Probably not :P

Everyone has inflated stats so you'll need some wizardry lol

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder what happens if more than 1,000 people hit 99,999 points. Will they all get the maximum feather bonus, or just the first 1,000? Unless it keeps tracking points beyond 99,999.

I imagine it would keep tracking.

3 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I tried the lower lunatic tier and I ran into an Ike who just decided to decimate everything and everyone. Is...this possible to do without hefty skill inheritance...?

I can do it, but it's fairly hit and miss. I use M!Robin though I used the 5 star Cordelia I recently pulled to give him TA finally and he has Seal Res 2, Lucina with Vantage and defiant attack as well as Aether since the carried over cooldown makes it viable and the healing is great, a Nino with...New Moon? I'm not sure. She also has wings of mercy 1 I think just because it was left over. And finally Lissa with no inheritance and is a 4 star.

...Not sure if you count that as heavy or not. If Lucina only had distant counter then Veronica would not be such a problem.

Edited by Arthur97

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The way the point system works, even for the arena, is that people who get the same score will get the same reward and the next ranking will equal whatever number is less than the amount of people who got that score (not sure if I said that correctly)

Lets say me and you get a score of 99,999 and the next person has 99,998

We will both get rank 1, while they get rank 3 since there's 3 of us, but 2 of us got the same score. Its not the top 1,000 PLAYERS its the top 1,000 SCORES

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

5 minutes ago, Otorio said:

He'll be unavailable until the end of the run, yes. Uh, you can run a different Xander though if you've got the other one, I think.

Spent one stamina pot and I'm currently at 8662 score, so I'm making good time, I think.

Ok, so I guess I can't use the same units on different teams, then.

I guess I'll change my initial team that has Robin, then.  He's not exactly dead weight, but he's only 4* and not a cavalry unit so neither contributes nor received buffs for my Horse Emblem team.

I guess I have enough non-Horses to get a good initial team, though.  Sadly, i have zero 5* bonus units.  I'd like to get Lucina, but she shares a color with Tharja, and I have terrible luck trying to focus pull units when they share a color with another Focus unit.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Probably not :P

Everyone has inflated stats so you'll need some wizardry lol

Oh, bah...hmmmm seems I'm losing out on today to properly assemble some teams...once I get a rhythm I think I'll be okay... :'D

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I imagine it would keep tracking.

I can do it, but it's fairly hit and miss. I use M!Robin though I used the 5 star Cordelia I recently pulled to give him TA finally and he has Seal Res 2, Lucina with Vantage and defiant attack as well as Aether since the carried over cooldown makes it viable and the healing is great, a Nino with...New Moon? I'm not sure. She also has wings of mercy 1 I think just because it was left over. And finally Lissa with no inheritance and is a 4 star.

That sounds like a pretty sturdy team! I'm glad it's serving you well enough~ What boon/bane does your M!Robin have? Do you think a +ATK/-DEF one would work (I can give him TA3 with my only spare 4* Roy)? My 5* one's +HP/-ATK so...I don't think he'd be a good investment.

418, not bad for me. Lucina caught Veronica in a hole while Nino and Soren danced around until Lucina could finish him too. I've hit 7,178 points...oh boy.

10 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Oh, bah...hmmmm seems I'm losing out on today to properly assemble some teams...once I get a rhythm I think I'll be okay... :'D

That sounds like a pretty sturdy team! I'm glad it's serving you well enough~ What boon/bane does your M!Robin have? Do you think a +ATK/-DEF one would work (I can give him TA3 with my only spare 4* Roy)? My 5* one's +HP/-ATK so...I don't think he'd be a good investment.

Not the best, he's -Atk/+Def, but at least that means that (now that he has TA from that spare Cordelia), he takes little to no damage from most sword and bow users. To help him out a little, I gave him the +Atk seal and he is +1 (the other one may have had a better IV, but I didn't know about all the ins and outs when I got him and just merged them).

As for your Roy, I tend to collect so I don't use them for inheritance if I only have one of them for the most part.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

418, not bad for me. Lucina caught Veronica in a hole while Nino and Soren danced around until Lucina could finish him too. I've hit 7,178 points...oh boy.

Not the best, he's -Atk/+Def, but at least that means that (now that he has TA from that spare Cordelia), he takes little to no damage from most sword and bow users. To help him out a little, I gave him the +Atk seal and he is +1 (the other one may have had a better IV, but I didn't know about all the ins and outs when I got him and just merged them).

As for your Roy, I tend to collect so I don't use them for inheritance if I only have one of them for the most part.

Congrats on getting 418 points and 7,178 overall score~! :D

Ohhhh~ that's interesting! That +DEF boon sounds pretty nice - especially with that raven tome. I'm worried that my -DEF is going to make him a bit squishy...and -ATK for my 5* won't let him hit as hard (and there's no defense boon, so he'll still get hit hard and not be able to counter). And, oh, I'm the same way - I need to keep at least one copy of every unit! I have a 5* Roy already (+HP/-DEF); I only managed to pull a single 4*, so I've been sitting on who to give TA3 to haha~

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Spent two stamina potions in total to reach 10k. 5* Masked Marth's in the bag pretty much, and I'm sure I can get the Pulse seal.

Took me a while to perfect my technique so you're ahead of me lol

If we can reach 10k in a day, then that 99,999 reward is also in the bag. WOO HOO

Just now, Whistle said:

Grind a bit today ~ got da seal. So good :D. it stack each round :D. 

I was waiting for you to post ;)

Nice score btw!