Tempest Torture

Arthur97

The Falchion's self-heal and Aether on Lucina are carrying me I think. Most of the time, I have Lucina eat a hit instead of Reinhardt or Julia, since she'll just heal it off, and just swarm the enemy on Player Phase. I swapped Breath of Life back on Julia instead of Threaten Res, but it's not really necessary. To be honest, Julia is the one who needs healing. I'll probably slap the BoL seal on Reinhardt later when I get it.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've been doing fine with Reciprocal Aid, Renewal (from Falchion), and Recover. Fae's massive pool of 50 HP lets her toss it around all over the place, letting Elise take her sweet time healing people back up.

Triangle Adept is a great alternative for Desperation, as well, since it basically means you take zero or nearly zero damage from at least one color.

I'd use Triangle Adept if I could pull a Roy--but I haven't. The best team comp is Triple Adept Tanks + Healer right?

Free Renewal with Lucina at the start of every map is pretty great. While Reciprocal / Ardent and Recover are alternatives, Rehabilitate is still the best healing option, easily. If nothing else, it can be acquired for free as well as Aid if you aren't willing to settle with Desperation 2 from Navarre.

@Luna of Dragonblood Quick Riposte is that good. Your Klein doesn't have an ideal nature to begin with, but he also gives Death Blow so sacking Subaki might be a better idea.

Don't worry I sent my 2* one home too, before SI became a thing

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'd use Triangle Adept if I could pull a Roy--but I haven't. The best team comp is Triple Adept Tanks + Healer right?

Free Renewal with Lucina at the start of every map is pretty great. While Reciprocal / Ardent and Recover are alternatives, Rehabilitate is still the best healing option, easily. If nothing else, it can be acquired for free as well as Aid if you aren't willing to settle with Desperation 2 from Navarre.

@Luna of Dragonblood Quick Riposte is that good. Your Klein doesn't have an ideal nature to begin with, but he also gives Death Blow so sacking Subaki might be a better idea.

Don't worry I sent my 2* one home too, before SI became a thing

Ahhh I have heard it's very good. Is QR2 worth it, or is 3 the way to go? I feel a bit bad getting rid of the only unit I have, though...why must this skill be so elusive haha...

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

While Reciprocal / Ardent and Recover are alternatives, Rehabilitate is still the best healing option, easily.

When you're running Triangle Adept, no one's HP drops low enough for Rehabilitate to be useful until Veronica, and at that point it no longer matters.

Just now, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ahhh I have heard it's very good. Is QR2 worth it, or is 3 the way to go? I feel a bit bad getting rid of the only unit I have, though...why must this skill be so elusive haha...

Quick Riposte 3 is 5* exclusive, and it provides its full effect so long as you're at max HP. QR 2 is what I use and it works fine.

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Do you have any desperation fodder for Tharja, even desperation 2? If I get my Tharja below half health and have Olivia boots het with hone attack and the fortify res seal, she can easily one round Veronica without taking any damage. You still need to deal with the other units though.

I have her, she learns no skills (apart from weapons).

Yeah; it's because of Tempest Trials that I decided to give Tharja Desperation 3.

The team that seems to work well for me on the 7-map Lunatic trial consists of 5* +Spd/-HP Tharja (Desperation 3, Spd +1 seal), 5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (Draw Back, Luna, DB2, Spur Atk 2, Atk +1 seal), 4* +1 Olivia (Ruby Sword, New Moon, Def +2, WoM3, Fortify Res 1 seal), and +1 +Spd/-Res Bride Lyn (HP +5, Hone Atk 3, HP +3 seal); I'm pretty much focusing on survival over speed since for me, all 4 of them have to make it to the final round to have any chance of clearing out the final map, which isn't even guaranteed as it comes down to who shows up.

Reinhardt hit 2K HM, Tharja hit 1K HM, and Bride Lyn hit her first 500 HM thanks to Tempest Trials.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Quick Riposte 3 is 5* exclusive, and it provides its full effect so long as you're at max HP. QR 2 is what I use and it works fine.

Ah, okay~ I heard for certain skills you "need" the third tier, so I wasn't sure.

10 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ah, okay~ I heard for certain skills you "need" the third tier, so I wasn't sure.

There are certain skills you need the third tier of to secure certain ORKOs (for example, a neutral Reinhardt with Death Blow 2 barely misses the OHKO on neutral Azura but would secure that kill with Death Blow 3), but since you get the full effect of QR regardless of tier (at least for the first round of combat), it's less important to have the third tier. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

There are certain skills you need the third tier of to secure certain ORKOs (for example, a neutral Reinhardt with Death Blow 2 barely misses the OHKO on neutral Azura but would secure that kill with Death Blow 3), but since you get the full effect of QR regardless of tier (at least for the first round of combat), it's less important to have the third tier. 

Ah, I see! That makes sense...I guess I'm just not entirely familiar with how some of these things work. Thank you for explaining!

Beat the lesser Lunatic challenge. Is there no difference in power levels between that and the other Lunatic option? The enemies I fought already had immensely increased stats like +15 HP. I think getting to the final map of the toughest trial and failing would net me the best consistent score.

And I only beat the final map of lesser lunatic because all 5 of the enemies were greens. Lucky break.

8 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

i think i found a way to get around 580 every time so that's nice i guess. Julia mvp for the last map, truly..

sooo...do you get to keep the XP your units get even if they die?

They don't retain XP and SP earned on maps they die on. But they will keep everything they earned on previous maps. Just confirmed it for myself.

Has anyone figured out the benchmark turn count for A rank speed yet? I tried keeping some statistics, but consistently have forgotten to note down a map or two, so I don't know my turn counts for sure. Still, for what it's worth, my estimations of 23-28 turns have netted me A ranks for speed (only counting the final turn count for any map where I lost a team and re-fielded a different one). 28 turns might make sense since that means an average of 4 turns across the 7 maps.

Since speed is worth so much more than survival, I'm really curious about how long I can dawdle on the final map before my rank drops lol.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah this whole event is great for levels, SP, HM, EVERYTHING!

I collected HM from 3 people already XD

I got some from Bridlyn and Lissa. My decoy team helps Camus along as well.

I do have a question though, you anyone recommend putting ardent sacrifice on Lucina over Swap for this event?

well i inherited Green Tome Breaker on Cecilia just to one shot Veronica. Good times and less hassle on the last map! Also put my Priscilla on full attack mode so stuff dies faster. Sadly i have none of the bonus units at lvl 40 at all and swaping in a lvl 1 just slows you down which almost results in the same points.

16 minutes ago, Whistle said:

Lol number 1 now. Time to chill i guess. Run horse emblem and run away from the boss is scary :D

https://ibb.co/dc8Bav

EYES EMOJI 

nice...that's..dedication hot dang

well that's cool maybe Azura will finally get to level 40 pff. but the SP grinding is fantastic ^u^

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I do have a question though, you anyone recommend putting ardent sacrifice on Lucina over Swap for this event?

i recall someone saying it wasn't as great because Lucina is too fragile or something..and she's melee so presumably tanking more hits and can't afford to give up that health. but it depends on how you're playing her i'd say, if she has health to spare then sounds good!

Yeah thanks to the fact my -Atk +Spd, Gronnblade +, Fury 3, G Tome B 3, Fort Cav Cecilia is straight up OP, i've been able to do a couple deathless runs of the highest rung of this, i've only lost completely like twice? I win the bulk of the time. My Sharena it's also very good and covers Cecilia's weaknesses well. 

My whole team is 4* M Robin (has QR 2, but is mostly a deadweight that boosts Sharena's and Cecilia's defense and my score), 5* Sharena (Dart B 3, QR 2, Hone Spd 3) ,5* Elise (Pain, Recover, Hone Cav), 5* Cecilia.

My number one recommendation to anyone struggling is to run a Healer it's too hard to maintain momentum without one unless you're running renewal bots like Doctor Lucina you can make that work but it could potential your cripple your speed rating.  My number two recommendation is Horse Emblem.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm also curios if anyone has tried Eliwood against Veronica. He does have exceptional resistance for a sword user.

You don't want Veronica to be attacking in the first place. My strategy is to stay out of her range until she approaches, then when it's safe, have Xander rush in and take off half her health and get danced by Olivia to finish her off.

Just now, Othin said:

You don't want Veronica to be attacking in the first place. My strategy is to stay out of her range until she approaches, then when it's safe, have Xander rush in and take off half her health and get danced by Olivia to finish her off.

Urgh, I never promoted him, and it's not like I have time to train him now anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Urgh, I never promoted him, and it's not like I have time to train him now anyways. 

Doesn't have to be Xander, just some melee red who can kill Veronica in two rounds. (Having at least 2 Move is also useful for getting to Veronica without letting her attack first, although assists can also help that.) Eliwood actually comes pretty close at 5*, so enough additional boosts or chip damage could do it.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I prefer the positioning skills to Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid to be honest. Healing allies lets you run faster but more reckless strats, but I haven't had much trouble getting A rank in Speed without relying on that sort of thing. Swap has helped in some situations to move people out of the way, and sometimes I just Swap in Lucina to eat a hit if I can't dance, since she can heal it off while others can't.