Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

My Nino doesn't have desperation actually, and I don't want to sacrifice my only Shanna for it. Lucina is likewise the only physical damage on my team. I also stick to the second hardest difficulty. 

I'm just running the hardest route and I've been doing fine.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm just running the hardest route and I've been doing fine.

Well, I get my butt handed to me usually. I'm learned the second hardest one though. I may start to move up.

8 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

pff

JiGo9ta.png

feels bad Veronica, feels bad. of course, had to surrender and stack my team with reds but...easiest win of my life.

so i got an A in speed for once but only 676 points TnT

Got the same opponents on my last run. But Gunter was a Titania.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, I get my butt handed to me usually. I'm learned the second hardest one though. I may start to move up.

I may go to the 2nd hardest trial if only to get consistent wins (read: are Veronica and her teammates easier to KO on the 5/5 trial than on the 7/7 trial?). I've only gotten 2 wins from the 7/7 trial but only got B-rank at best in Speed.

Okay, my best teams got knocked out before the final round so I'm essentially toast, but Veronica has a stat spread of 66, 57, 32, 36, and 29 with Fury, Renewal, and Savage Blow plus that seal.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Okay, my best teams got knocked out before the final round so I'm essentially toast, but Veronica has a stat spread of 66, 57, 32, 36, and 29 with Fury, Renewal, and Savage Blow plus that seal.

Is that for the 5-map Lunatic trial? If so, that doesn't seem any different from the 7-map one.

Tried hardest one for a while but i kept getting my butt kicked and netting 300~ish or less points per run. Switched to second most difficult and actually have been almost soloing everything with mook team (Bless Nino), with around 480 ish every time.

Mook team:

Ike 40 5*: Vanilla

Nino 40+4 4*: +Draconic Aura

Bunnycina 40 5*: Vanilla (Need to see if i have a spare Luna to sacrifice for her)

Olivia 31 4*: Vanilla

Bonus/Veronica team:

Xander 40 5*: +Ignis, +Vantage3, +speed1 seal

M!Robin 40+1 5*: +Draw Back, +Bowbreaker, +Hp3 seal

Minerva 40 5*: +Reciprocal Aid, +Moonbow, +Dragback, Spur def2 instead of fliers, +atk1 seal

Felicia 40 5*: +Drawback, +GTomebreaker, +Fortifyres1 seal

I've gotten around 600 my very first hardest run, but overall I've been getting mauled and I'm really starting to feel the lack of power on my team.

Only Soren and Lukas can kill things and Lukas is afraid of mages so that leaves Soren to do the heavy lifting. Olivia doesn't have Ruby Sword or Triangle Adept so she's basically just a dance bot. Wrys can't fight at all so he's hidden but without him Lukas and Soren get whittled down after one or two fights. Also really feeling Soren's lack of desperation... or rather, an A and B skill period since those are skill empty... and so are Olivia's. I can't make a single mistake or the entire group falls apart.

When they're gone it's all downhill from there. *4 +SPD/-ATK Tharja with B!Cordelia with +ATK/-HP, but no Brave Bow or even Desperation. She's just Vanilla with Fortify Def and the Res seal so Tharja can be superbuffed, but she can only do so much before she's mauled to death. Sakura and Kagero stand in but Kagero is only vanilla build so she's questionable in most fights and all but useless in the Veronica fight except against Veronica herself. Y!Tiki is a good counter to a lot of the greens but she can't do everything herself and she's also -RES.

Once that second team goes down it's all downhill from there. Gunter and Jagen are still holding hone and fortify so basically wortheless horse emblem. Cecilia/Ursula have no blade tomes and the former isn't even leveled up, Xander has Fury and without a healer he's a timebomb, Frederick is -ATK/+HP. Just got a Bride Caeda but she's not leveled and she's +SPD/-ATK to boot so useless. My M!Robin is also -ATK so I basically DON'T have any good Blue tome users. Even my *4 Reinhardt is -ATK.

I think I'm going to give up on the hardest difficulty and go to the second hardest. I'm getting consistent 200-300 scores and if I manage to survive I'm hitting 500 at the most.

tl;dr No Desperation, No Nino, no top tiers, no Quadelia, no Horse Emblem, no Spring Camilla/Flyer Emblem. I've wasted about 200+ stamina and am sitting at around 6k points. Hard new mode is hard.

That was a pretty bad run for me....stupid Kagero on the Veronica map ended with only Lissa alive against a Draug.....so I ended up kiting him around a wall. It totally tanked my speed score >.<

Just had a 586 point run on the hardest difficulty. Camus was doing pretty good for the first 6 maps in an odd twist. Probably could have gotten a better speed rank if I didn't try to win with that team. They were doing so well, so I decided to try it.

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I don't think I have a single character who can even touch Lunatic Veronica.  Is it better to lose at the highest tier, or win at the third tier?

i think someone said earlier that Veronica has the same stat spread on Hard as she does Lunatic /8

It seems I do not have any sort of tactical superiority. Ever since my first run, instead of improving, I have been doing worse. It doesn't help I do not have an optimized team outside of Ephraim, Erika, Nino, and Ryoma, and they can only handle so much compared to better compositions. (I currently have 2582 points over 5 or 6 runs, with one or two total losses.) 

Team Bonus Filler - Tharja, Sharena, Marth, Camilla (These guys do as much as they can to offload the burden for my main team. Marth is a healer of sorts with Ardent Sacrifice.)
Main Team - Ephraim, Erika, Nino, Ryoma (My general go-to team to handle everything. Thing is, they can't always handle everything here and they greatly depend on each other for synergy. Should one character fall, the entire team basically dies. Nino has Breath of Life to keep HP up.)
The Last Resort - Alfonse, 4* Olivia, 4* F!Robin, Extra (Typically used for the finale, with F!Robin attempting to handle Ursula and Reinhardt when they appear and attempt to salvage some form of victory for these runs. The "Extra" slot depends on what is on the final map at the time.)

So, I am at wit's end and am finding the Tempest Trials more frustrating than challenging. A sample of my roster is in the spoiler below. Any tips?

Spoiler

Note 1: Before you suggest it, my Spring Camilla has a -SPD nature. So, -blade tome will not work well for here since she won't be able to double anything.
Note 2: Ones with the Heart are characters with optimized natures, or characters I am currently putting effort into.
Note 3: My spreadsheet is located here.

s5MZZKF.png

Edited by Sire

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

i think someone said earlier that Veronica has the same stat spread on Hard as she does Lunatic /8

Then she has different skills, or something, because on Hard my reds can beat her, but on Lunatic she one-shots them all and only takes a couple damage from any of them.

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

Can confirm.

Just now, Sire said:

It seems I do not have any sort of tactical superiority. Ever since my first run, instead of improving, I have been doing worse. It doesn't help I do not have an optimized team outside of Ephraim, Erika, Nino, and Ryoma, and they can only handle so much compared to better compositions. (I currently have 2582 points over 5 or 6 runs, with one or two total losses.) 

Team Bonus Filler - Tharja, Sharena, Marth, Camilla (These guys do as much as they can to offload the burden for my main team. Marth is a healer of sorts with Ardent Sacrifice.)
Main Team - Ephraim, Erika, Nino, Ryoma (My general go-to team to handle everything. Thing is, they can't always handle everything here and they greatly depend on each other for synergy. Should one character fall, the entire team basically dies. Nino has Breath of Life to keep HP up.)
The Last Resort - Alfonse, 4* Olivia, 4* F!Robin, Extra (Typically used for the finale, with F!Robin attempting to handle Ursula and Reinhardt when they appear and attempt to salvage some form of victory for these runs.)

So, I am at wit's end and am finding the Tempest Trials more frustrating than challenging. A sample of my roster is in the spoiler below. Any tips?

Reveal hidden contents

Note 1: Before you suggest it, my Spring Camilla has a -SPD nature. So, -blade tome will not work well for here since she won't be able to double anything.
Note 2: Ones with the Heart are characters with optimized natures, or characters I am currently putting effort into.
Note 3: My spreadsheet is located here.

s5MZZKF.png

Sometimes you just get unlucky with units. Like my last Veronica map, I got lucky with a Leo, Gwendolyn and Peri which fell fairly easily even if Peri needed some Robin/Nino teamwork and Julia who couldn't kill Nino and was finished by Lucina. Veronica was left alone and went for Lissa leaving her wide open to Lucina and then Nino.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Then she has different skills, or something, because on Hard my reds can beat her, but on Lunatic she one-shots them all and only takes a couple damage from any of them.

oh, huh...well i have no idea then. but i feel like if you do Hard with A speed and A survival it'd be way better than losing on Lunatic. or like B speed. i have no idea though.

4 minutes ago, Kiran said:

That was a pretty bad run for me....stupid Kagero on the Veronica map ended with only Lissa alive against a Draug.....so I ended up kiting him around a wall. It totally tanked my speed score >.<

haha, the same thing happened to me but my Kagerou was left vs Draug..she did 0 damage so i had to proc her 3 count special to get him from 40 hp to 0. the special did 7 damage. i love this game!! what is FEH, we're actually just playing Ring Around The Column.

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

She is the same on all Lunatic levels. I'm guessing she's not inhuman in the Hard and below.

I haven't noticed until now how annoying Veronica is on map 7. Tharja just can't take the beating. What are some good methods about how you are able to defeat her? (And no. I do not have a Celica to delete her)

Spoiler

*repeatedly presses broken delete button*

Currently sitting at 3k points

Edited by Falcom

55 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Do you think is worth it to lv up to lv40 with shards my 4* MRobin (lv31)or 4* Tharja (-atk, lv 1) for the bonus points? I don't have Nowi or Lucina and it looks that I'm not going to go very far with points, so a bonus would be nice

I finished the hard trial, now the Lunatic, it's time to suffer

You only need to field them on one of your teams to get the bonus. What I do is: First, I field my 4* Robin, in a team all by himself, and then surrender the first round. I then field my Horse Emblem team, and they can usually clear the rest of the maps. If you fielded a top bonus hero once, you get a 1.4x multiplier to your score, while the survival multiplier drops by 0.05 for each team that loses (on Lunatic at least).

If you find yourself needing all your teams to complete the trial, then, yes, you probably want to have one at lvl. 40, so they can be incorporated onto one of your teams. If you have strong teams and don't need to use them all, then don't bother leveling them up. But you should field them at least once, that will increase your point output decently.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Is that for the 5-map Lunatic trial? If so, that doesn't seem any different from the 7-map one.

The final map with Veronica is the same for all levels of difficulty, it's a new map.

Just now, Astellius said:

The final map with Veronica is the same for all levels of difficulty, it's a new map.

I'm more asking about Veronica's stats between the 5-map Lunatic trial and the 7-map Lunatic trial. From what it looks like, there's no difference so it's safe to assume that the only change in difficulty is just having to do 2 more maps in the 7-map one.

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I haven't noticed until now how annoying Veronica is on map 7. Tharja just can't take the beating. What are some good methods about how you are able to defeat her? (And no. I do not have a Celica to delete her)

right now my method is G Tomebreaker Julia. however, the first win i got was from suiciding 2 mages into her and having the last one finish her. don't be afraid to suicide in, that is a legit strat. even my 3* Sophia did like 19 damage or so which was alright.

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Hide contents

*repeatedly presses broken delete button*

Currently sitting at 3k points

Lucina and then have Nino finish her off.