Tempest Torture

Arthur97

17 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

It would be nice if they could have given us a more realistic time frame than just 13 days.

13 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Agreed. D: Especially with how limited the scoring is...I didn't think it'd be so...low...

I don't understand you guys. Even if you LOSE every time at the 7th map of Lunatic, you will get 62899 points without using any stamina potions as long as you have a 40% bonus unit. There is literally no reason to play any other map as it gives more points than completing the 5 battle Hard.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Clogon said:

I don't understand you guys. Even if you LOSE every time at the 7th map of Lunatic, you will get 62899 points without using any stamina potions as long as you have a 40% bonus unit. There is literally no reason to play any other map as it gives more points than completing the 5 battle Hard.

Well...that requires getting to the 7th lunatic map. Which, I can't speak for others, I haven't been able to do. I can send in my 4* Nowi, forfeit, and have that 40% bonus ready, sure, but isn't it moot if I can't even get there? Or, am I incorrect in thinking that...?

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Well...that requires getting to the 7th lunatic map. Which, I can't speak for others, I haven't been able to do. I can send in my 4* Nowi, forfeit, and have that 40% bonus ready, sure, but isn't it moot if I can't even get there? Or, am I incorrect in thinking that...?

If you can beat the last stratum, then you can get there with 4 teams. Heck even getting to the 6th map will STILL get you more points than Hard maps.

28tvWqO.png

Managed to get a perfect survival ranking for the first time! Speed wasn't great though, so it's not at all my best score, but still. The final map is getting a lot less scary now that I've been getting used to it; I wonder if I should try bringing in my big guns earlier.

Just now, Clogon said:

If you can beat the last stratum, then you can get there with 4 teams. Heck even getting to the 6th map will STILL get you more points than Hard maps.

Hmmm...well, I'll rearrange my teams and see where it takes me. Thanks for the correction~ so long as it's doable within the timeframe, that's very reassuring! What team are you running, if you don't mind my asking?

4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

So, speaking of unrelated topics, the more I look at it, the more I wonder if "Marth" is really all that great a prize.  Am I reading it correctly that the unit has no non-weapon skills whatsoever?  Those stats must be absolutely EPIC to make up for that...

The free 5 star isn't anything super special if you already have a Lucina with an optimal nature. In the longrun, normal Lucina wins because she can merge with other copies, comes with skills, and  has stat variation. But for players who don't have Lucina (or like to whale to get multiple copies of her), this is actually a pretty great deal. Basically a neutral Lucina with the potential for a +1.

I was lucky enough to get a Lucina early on. She's been a great unit for me, but she's also -ATK +RES. This Marth could easily replace her, especially if I decided to +1 her...

Oh my god I finally cleared the hardest Stratum for 535 points. I went Cav team (Xander, Camus, Elise, Titania) which is versatile enough to survive to map 7 despite me getting Titania killed on Map 2. For Map 7 I surrendered three times with throwaway units including a lone Nowi. Then mopped up the map 7 enemies who are down to 40% health. I care more about the victory than the marginally higher survival score.

Build-a-bear Lucina, here I come!

Just now, Clogon said:

If you don't understand, then it's clearly because you haven't been paying attention.  SEVENTH map?  I'm LUCKY if I can make it to the FIFTH map!  The HIGHEST score I've gotten has been 280.  If I run five times a day and manage to get that EVERY SINGLE TIME (so far, I've managed it once out of all my runs), I would have a grand total of 18,200 points at the end of 13 days.  Not even enough to get the first seal.

Personally, I blame skill inheritance.  Since it can make units so much more powerful, they've had to make new maps that much more difficult to maintain the challenge, which means now we need to not only pull good units, but pull good skill donors as well, giving those of us with poor luck that much harder a time.

8 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Hmmm...well, I'll rearrange my teams and see where it takes me. Thanks for the correction~ so long as it's doable within the timeframe, that's very reassuring! What team are you running, if you don't mind my asking?

I posted it a few pages back. This team allows me to beat it with max score about 90% of the time.

16 hours ago, Clogon said:

I hate last map... Currently at 6933 with 1 stamina potion used. Luckily you only lose out on 5% score per wipe out.

Main team is:

Lucina: Falcion, Reciprocal Aid, New Moon (need SP), +Speed (need Fury fodder),Rrenewal 2 (need SP!), Spur ATK2 (need MORE SP!), SPD seal

Elise:Pain, Rehabilitate, Imbue, +HP (Need more Fury), Live to Serve, Spur ATK, Spur Def seal

Xander: Siegfried, Reposition, Bonfire, +SPD (need MORE Fury!), Quick Riposte 2 (don't wanna spend 20k feathers for last level), hone cavalry, +HP seal

Reinhardt: Dire Thunder, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Death Blow, Lance Breaker 2 (don't wanna sac a Narcian nor 20k feathers), Fortify Cavalry, +ATK seal.

I really like this mode! It is good SP, HM and Gem farming!

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

If you don't understand, then it's clearly because you haven't been paying attention.  SEVENTH map?  I'm LUCKY if I can make it to the FIFTH map!  The HIGHEST score I've gotten has been 280.  If I run five times a day and manage to get that EVERY SINGLE TIME (so far, I've managed it once out of all my runs), I would have a grand total of 18,200 points at the end of 13 days.  Not even enough to get the first seal.

Personally, I blame skill inheritance.  Since it can make units so much more powerful, they've had to make new maps that much more difficult to maintain the challenge, which means now we need to not only pull good units, but pull good skill donors as well, giving those of us with poor luck that much harder a time.

What kind of units do you have? Even my team of 4* fliers without any Hone/Fortify fliers can get to the 7th map. Granted, they do have SI (everyone has repositioning). If 280 points is your highest score, you only need to beat the 5th map to get the same score.

Edited by Clogon

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Snip

Oh, thank you! Sorry, sorry; my mind's a bit fuzzy from trying to sort so much information. That's a super solid team!! I'm glad that it's been working out for you!

Also, holy molie I beat the second lunatic with the main team...plus a second team of Ike, Hector, Takumi, and Sakura (not the best of ideas, since everyone is so weak to magic...). I can't believe it worked out; Ike was the sole survivor in the last round, but I did it... :'D I'll try the first level to speed up the process; I got 358 score for that round; at 1,290 for cumulative.

My teams been doing alright so far... but i havent touched lunatic yet as I fear my units that all arnt fully level 40 might not help. So id thought id ask who should I try using to have better chances for lunatic.

(When did i get so many units?)

8 minutes ago, Clogon said:

That's assuming you have four teams worth of good units.  Not necessarily a safe assumption.

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The free 5 star isn't anything super special if you already have a Lucina with an optimal nature. In the longrun, normal Lucina wins because she can merge with other copies, comes with skills, and  has stat variation. But for players who don't have Lucina (or like to whale to get multiple copies of her), this is actually a pretty great deal. Basically a neutral Lucina with the potential for a +1.

I was lucky enough to get a Lucina early on. She's been a great unit for me, but she's also -ATK +RES. This Marth could easily replace her, especially if I decided to +1 her...

A couple days ago I pulled a Chrom.  That Chrom is so far the only Falchion user that the game has given to me.  I guess I'll get to 6K just to grab the free unit for my collection, then skip the rest of the event to continue working on leveling up my units.

12 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

No Desperation is the w-o-r-s-t. D: I feel you on that. Lukas seems like he's a pretty good tank for anything blue and red, though! Greens seem like trouble... I have a Hector (+DEF/-HP), but he's struggling to find a team he meshes well with. Since healers are basically required, it makes things difficult...I also have a 5* Soren (+RES/-DEF), but without skill inheritance, I'm not too sure if he'll fare well.

I managed to make it through four rounds on the highest lunatic difficulty...only got 211 points. May as well just do the second highest one, honestly; it goes faster and I can squeeze out a bit more points... if I get ~250 a round...that'd be...oh geez...~1,250 points per stamina charge (assuming there's an additional +1 from the five minute recovery). That means I need to do it 40 times to get to the 50,000 benchmark. So that requires 3 full rounds of stamina use a day to make it by the end of the event (if my math's correct). I hope this is right - it might help others who are in about the same boat...

Lukas is probably my most outfitted with Ignis/RepositionQuick Riposte 2/Fortress DEF/Threaten ATK 2. He melts away every single red except Y!Tiki and a lot of Blue spears, but all manner of mages devour him. Soren's +1 so he's got 37 HP and 34 SPD, one point more than usual in those areas, boosted further by the speed seal, but he lacks an A AND B skill (I don't like Watersweep) so he's missing a lot of potential power and I was trying to avoid turning him into Nino-Lite but it turns out the one I have is actually better than her with her tome so I'm going to Slap Fury/Desperation/Gronnblade+ on him ASAP, but for now he's missing power. Olivia is going to get Ruby Sword+ and Triangle Adept but right now I have neither and she lacks a B skill. Wrys is fully default as well. I'm missing a lot of power.

Barely anyone else is even SI'ed at all. I've been able to squeak by on my 3rd or 4th team at veronica but I'm only getting 400-500 even with the bonus unit. It's tough.

38 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Young Tiki can get decent mileage (and you could use a red). She's on my "decoy" team. She can also heal some units which is nice, but she is no replacement for a proper healer.

She does great work melting greens on the Veronica stage as well as Veronica herself, but she can't OHKO anything with her default set and can't kill stuff without help, by the time she's deployed I've already lost my best units.

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

A couple days ago I pulled a Chrom.  That Chrom is so far the only Falchion user that the game has given to me.  I guess I'll get to 6K just to grab the free unit for my collection, then skip the rest of the event to continue working on leveling up my units.

Chrom and Lucina are both pretty great. Lucina trades a bit of ATK and DEF for more SPD and a bit more RES I believe. Chrom's bulkier, but much slower. I think people tend to prefer Lucina because she's faster. I definitely think the 5 star version is worth trying to get. And even if that's not your thing, we also have the sacred seals! Plus feathers, orbs crystals... It'd be a shame to skip out on all of that stuff.

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

That's assuming you have four teams worth of good units.  Not necessarily a safe assumption.

Yeah, if I lose two teams, well, it doesn't look good. Sometimes I can still pull through, but it's not great.

Alm is the only Falchion user I lack (it's technically a different sword anyway). The problem is, Lucina is the only one who actually has it since the others are 4 star. Doesn't really matter though since she is the best, but having a 5 star Marth to fill in should she fall might not be so bad.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Lukas is probably my most outfitted with Ignis/RepositionQuick Riposte 2/Fortress DEF/Threaten ATK 2. He melts away every single red except Y!Tiki and a lot of Blue spears, but all manner of mages devour him. Soren's +1 so he's got 37 HP and 34 SPD, one point more than usual in those areas, boosted further by the speed seal, but he lacks an A AND B skill (I don't like Watersweep) so he's missing a lot of potential power and I was trying to avoid turning him into Nino-Lite but it turns out the one I have is actually better than her with her tome so I'm going to Slap Fury/Desperation/Gronnblade+ on him ASAP, but for now he's missing power. Olivia is going to get Ruby Sword+ and Triangle Adept but right now I have neither and she lacks a B skill. Wrys is fully default as well. I'm missing a lot of power.

Barely anyone else is even SI'ed at all. I've been able to squeak by on my 3rd or 4th team at veronica but I'm only getting 400-500 even with the bonus unit. It's tough.

She does great work melting greens on the Veronica stage as well as Veronica herself, but she can't OHKO anything with her default set and can't kill stuff without help, by the time she's deployed I've already lost my best units.

Yeah she needs help and mine is using Lightning Breath + and Vantage. Lower attack, but she can handle mages better.

2 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Given my roster below, can anyone recommend which characters I should level up to help me stand a chance in Lunatic?  Thanks in advance.

Reveal hidden contents

Roster-20170608.thumb.png.d9a18b169aef3649c03b1f328e867d59.png

15 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I posted it a few pages back. This team allows me to beat it with max score about 90% of the time.

What kind of units do you have? Even my team of 4* fliers without any Hone/Fortify fliers can get to the 7th map. Granted, they do have SI (everyone has repositioning). If 280 points is your highest score, you only need to beat the 5th map to get the same score.

Yeah, beating 5/7 maps is how I got that one 280.  Since then I keep playing the top Lunatic challenge, hoping to one day make it back to the fifth map.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I must be mad good at this game, or I'm just extremely lucky to have an almost perfect team that's also optimized. Everyone seems to be having so much trouble...

I just need a Lucina.

Belinda has the same team as you and I freaking had the easiest time.

I guess after I get 5 star masked Marth, I'll have a better journey to get the -1 skill cool down seal.

15 minutes ago, Thany said:

My teams been doing alright so far... but i havent touched lunatic yet as I fear my units that all arnt fully level 40 might not help. So id thought id ask who should I try using to have better chances for lunatic.

(When did i get so many units?)

Just saying, if you would like to donate a Cordelia to me I'll gladly take it xD

In all seriousness, I don't know how most of you guys are able to handle these higher difficulties. I'm lucky to even beat the first hard map with my team of level 40's. So kudos to you guys, I'll just stick with repeatedly grinding the map I can easily beat. Anyways besides that, I think we got the goal of getting X amount of points down pat, maybe not yet but with how many players we have and how many of us having stamina potion storages, we got this.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I just need a Lucina.

Belinda has the same team as you and I freaking had the easiest time.

I guess after I get 5 star masked Marth, I'll have a better journey to get the -1 skill cool down seal.

Yeeeeee boi. I don't run the standard sets on any of these units except Azura though (who doesn't fight), and I think my specific modifications actually make things even easier.

I still usually have to throw away Reinhardt on the final map unless I get lucky with the enemies, though. Julia is the real MVP; one time I beat Veronica with only Julia and Azura lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Chrom and Lucina are both pretty great. Lucina trades a bit of ATK and DEF for more SPD and a bit more RES I believe. Chrom's bulkier, but much slower. I think people tend to prefer Lucina because she's faster. I definitely think the 5 star version is worth trying to get. And even if that's not your thing, we also have the sacred seals! Plus feathers, orbs crystals... It'd be a shame to skip out on all of that stuff.

It would be a shame to skip out on it, sure, but at the rate I'm going I won't be skipping out on it, since I won't be earning it to begin with.  If I'm only getting a couple hundred points per run, I won't even be earning the first seal, much less the 5-star or the last seal!  Why, then, waste my time and stamina when instead I could be leveling up my characters to give myself a better chance of participating next event?

Getting more orbs is always good, I guess, but lately I've found it harder to get excited about pulls, after checking my roster and realizing that it's been 80 pulls since the game last let me have a 5-star.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ohhhhh! Those are good skills~ That's a wonderful idea for Soren, too! He seems pretty solid, honestly...I was considering doing the same...but the 20k feather investment isn't speaking to me at the moment, haha~ Watersweep isn't...BAD persay, it's just pretty situational. I don't mind it for now, since mine's +RES...it makes doing damage to mages that can't do all that much back (if they live so long) pretty funny. Having a half-completed team's never fun D: I hope you're able to get yours finalized/settled soon! Do you have any spare Stahls or Hinatas you can consider investing in for Olivia's Ruby+ Sword? How's your score doing?

I haven't been able to beat her team at the highest difficulty...I came a turn away but just couldn't do it. Sigh! Ah well, more attempts to be had... :'D

53 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It is now! Though that wasn't the first thing that popped into my head when I wrote that.

Hide contents

"You do not know the meaning of the word [love]," Clair snapped. "You think you can walk up to a woman and ply her with a few compliments? You truly expect her to swoon the moment you offer up your love?"

"Yeah, but... but I DO love you!" Gray stammered. He could hardly hold himself together, his emotions bursting at the seams.

"No. You do not," Clair countered. "You want me. You intend to have me. But not at the expense of your pride. You toss out kind words and I-love-yous without putting any weight behind them. That way, if I refuse you, you can tell yourself it was all a jape in good fun."

Gray was speechless. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but he was both confused and ashamed at this turn of events. Looking down at his feet, he turned away and dragged off without saying a word.

Clair x Gray was my favorite out of all the supports in Echoes my gosh. Thanks for reminding me this exists.

^Acutal Echoes spillers for you lurkers out there.

yeah i loved that convo too. the convos in general i just feel spoiled with Echoes after the past two games ahem. 

Spoiler

but man the whole time i was like "Clair have mercy he's already dead" but also like "preach it Clair." 

in other news i'm at 10k points whoo~

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah i loved that convo too. the convos in general i just feel spoiled with Echoes after the past two games ahem. 

Reveal hidden contents

but man the whole time i was like "Clair have mercy he's already dead" but also like "preach it Clair." 

Spoiler

Why can't she reclass to Malig Knight if you catch my drift

I'm lazy But I'm sitting at 9k right now. I pretty much always get max survival rank but my D Spd keeps dragging down my score.

At least I'm making good headway for 50k early on, I could care less about the orbs after Quick Pulse because of the sheer amount of grinding I'd have to do.

4 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ohhhhh! Those are good skills~ That's a wonderful idea for Soren, too! He seems pretty solid, honestly...I was considering doing the same...but the 20k feather investment isn't speaking to me at the moment, haha~ Watersweep isn't...BAD persay, it's just pretty situational. I don't mind it for now, since mine's +RES...it makes doing damage to mages that can't do all that much back (if they live so long) pretty funny. Having a half-completed team's never fun D: I hope you're able to get yours finalized/settled soon! Do you have any spare Stahls or Hinatas you can consider investing in for Olivia's Ruby+ Sword? How's your score doing?

I haven't been able to beat her team at the highest difficulty...I came a turn away but just couldn't do it. Sigh! Ah well, more attempts to be had... :'D

My best run was my very first, I lost my team but threw together a second and managed to beat her with one unit remaining. In the 600s. I haven't gotten there since then.

I'll either falter around stage 5-7 with my main team or sooner with a secondary one if I started with Tharja. It's all downhill from there. If I win it's around 400-500 and if I lose then 200-300. I'm going to try the other Lunatic run and see if I can get consistent 500s. I'd hate to lose the optimal 600+ but at this rate it's better than wasting stamina which is what I'm doing right now.