Tempest Torture

Arthur97

I'm almost at 14k now. I don't care much about the ranking feather reward, but I think I can nab all of the orbs at this rate. I'm probably gonna do a last ditch dump on the Bridal banner right before it ends.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm almost at 14k now. I don't care much about the ranking feather reward, but I think I can nab all of the orbs at this rate. I'm probably gonna do a last ditch dump on the Bridal banner right before it ends.

How many stamina potions have you used?

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My best run was my very first, I lost my team but threw together a second and managed to beat her with one unit remaining. In the 600s. I haven't gotten there since then.

I'll either falter around stage 5-7 with my main team or sooner with a secondary one if I started with Tharja. It's all downhill from there. If I win it's around 400-500 and if I lose then 200-300. I'm going to try the other Lunatic run and see if I can get consistent 500s. I'd hate to lose the optimal 600+ but at this rate it's better than wasting stamina which is what I'm doing right now.

At least you got there~ And, yeah, I'm about the same, honestly... :'D I'm trying to just get to ~250-350 or so points just so I can say I'm on track for that 50,000 points...mainly since getting to round 7's in no way guaranteed... It's pretty rough, honestly. Raising Tharja's a pretty good idea; I've got mine to ~level 22, and I may just nudge her to level 40 sooner rather than later, honestly...who do you usually put with her on a team? I wish you luck!!

2 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

At least you got there~ And, yeah, I'm about the same, honestly... :'D I'm trying to just get to ~250-350 or so points just so I can say I'm on track for that 50,000 points...mainly since getting to round 7's in no way guaranteed... It's pretty rough, honestly. Raising Tharja's a pretty good idea; I've got mine to ~level 22, and I may just nudge her to level 40 sooner rather than later, honestly...who do you usually put with her on a team? I wish you luck!!

Tharja/B!Cordelia/Kagero/Sakura or Olivia

B!Cordelia has Fortify Def 2 slapped on from a *3 Frederick and the Fortify Res seal so she can buff all 4 of Tharja's stats. Unfortunately she's only *4 and she's -Atk so she has serious difficulty killing things. Kagero kills stuff when she can but if there's no infantry she's useless and she has no Life and Death which makes things rougher. Sakura is only lvl 25 so her healing is minor and the Olivia is just my spare level 20 *3 Olivia who's sole purpose is to dance and eventually bait with her life and die.

They last typically 2 to 4 stages before they bite the big one. If I had Brave Bow+/Desperation 3/Luna then B!Cordelia could probably solo, but I only have one D3 and only normal brave bow and I don't think it's worth it when I won't get optimal results.

Best of luck to you as well.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Tharja/B!Cordelia/Kagero/Sakura or Olivia

B!Cordelia has Fortify Def 2 slapped on from a *3 Frederick and the Fortify Res seal so she can buff all 4 of Tharja's stats. Unfortunately she's only *4 and she's -Atk so she has serious difficulty killing things. Kagero kills stuff when she can but if there's no infantry she's useless and she has no Life and Death which makes things rougher. Sakura is only lvl 25 so her healing is minor and the Olivia is just my spare level 20 *3 Olivia who's sole purpose is to dance and eventually bait with her life and die.

They last typically 2 to 4 stages before they bite the big one. If I had Brave Bow+/Desperation 3/Luna then B!Cordelia could probably solo, but I only have one D3 and only normal brave bow and I don't think it's worth it when I won't get optimal results.

Best of luck to you as well.

Ohhhh, I understand entirely. Yeah, that's pretty rough... D: That's definitely not at all ideal; I'm sorry about that! I hope you're able to make it all work somehow! And, yeah, the difference between Brave Bow and Brave Bow+, I think, is pretty significant...usually weapons are what demands the highest tier.

At least they last as long as they do~ that definitely helps with the scoring, at least!

Thank you; I hope we're both able to get what we desire as painlessly as possible... :'D

34 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:
  Hide contents

Why can't she reclass to Malig Knight if you catch my drift

I'm lazy But I'm sitting at 9k right now. I pretty much always get max survival rank but my D Spd keeps dragging down my score.

At least I'm making good headway for 50k early on, I could care less about the orbs after Quick Pulse because of the sheer amount of grinding I'd have to do.

Spoiler

LOl. took me a while to catch that drift but shgjkh, word

about how much do you get per go? do speed and survival have the same weight, as in max multiplier is 1.5 for both? 

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

LOl. took me a while to catch that drift but shgjkh, word

about how much do you get per go? do speed and survival have the same weight, as in max multiplier is 1.5 for both? 

Max multiplier for Speed is 1.5x; Survival is 1.2x. A D-rank in Speed is 1.2x multiplier.

14 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Max multiplier for Speed is 1.5x; Survival is 1.2x. A D-rank in Speed is 1.2x multiplier.

Speed is an important factor to your overall score. It has the most impact as it reduces by 0.1x each time it deranks. Won't count if game over.

Survival reduces by 0.05x per rank, so it has little impact on the overall performance, but don't waste turns if you know you can't win as the overall number of turns affect speed. Won't count if game over.

Don't forget the 1.2x or 1.4x multiplier for bonus heroes too. Carries on even if game over.

Maximum score is 705 per run.

Edited by Lyrai

I love that we get so many rewards!  To be honest, this feels preeeeetty grindy, but getting the rewards makes it feel worth it.

My team of Lucina, Priscilla, Olivia, and Reinhardt is doing pretty well on the 7-battle stage.  Although, I've only gotten over 700 points (705, I think?) once so far cause I'm a bit of a turtle, hehe!  :lol: 

I usually get deathless now, so I mainly just lose points on my speed.  I have had a few "oh shit, Wings of Mercy!" moments, though.

4 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I love that we get so many rewards!  To be honest, this feels preeeeetty grindy, but getting the rewards makes it feel worth it.

My team of Lucina, Priscilla, Olivia, and Reinhardt is doing pretty well on the 7-battle stage.  Although, I've only gotten over 700 points (705, I think?) once so far cause I'm a bit of a turtle, hehe!  :lol: 

I usually get deathless now, so I mainly just lose points on my speed.  I have had a few "oh shit, Wings of Mercy!" moments, though.

It is indeed a very beneficial grind. Not only the rewards are great, but also the HM and SP value due to the HM/SP ratio to stamina.

7 battles with only 20 stamina compared to one battle with 9 stamina is a big difference. The Tempest yields 4 HM per battle, and +3 SP to each enemy down as usual.

Edited by Lyrai

Just now, Lyrai said:

Speed is an important factor in the run in order to get the maximum score. It has the most impact as it reduces by 0.1x each. Won't count if game over.

Survival reduces by 0.05x per rank, so it has little impact on the overall performance, but don't waste turns if you know you can't win as the overall number of turns affect speed. Won't count if game over.

Don't forget the 1.2x and 1.4x multiplier for bonus heroes too. Carries on even if game over.

Maximum score is 705 per run.

For my case, I have to prioritize survival over speed if only because of the fact that the team I use is pretty much my single best available answer for tackling the Lunatic Tempest Trial. Like if Tharja goes down without killing Veronica as well as all other green units present on the map, it's pretty much game over for me (meaning no Survival and Speed multipliers at all for the trouble); all 4 of my units must survive to the final map. While Speed is important, it only really matters if your units can clear the final map. Any Lunatic clears I do will always have an A-rank for survival and, so far, a B-rank at best for Speed.

Honestly not a fan of how the mode rewards more for speed than for survival if only because of how the mode has been hyped up to feature a version of permadeath.

mmm i see. so i guess it's best that i've been sacrificing survival and in return getting a better speed score. though i've only gotten A speed once, Bs and Cs scattered about @_@

so goals for me is being able to integrate the second bonus heroes into my team...but F!Robin 3* lvl 40 is all i've got basically..urgh. and can't waste valuable stamina to train up Lissa or Masked Marth cause i gotta do trials with it, hah.

How can I train my Camus for next arena if I keep using stanina for this?! Doing 7 run Lunatic does take a while, and 1st team usually survives until last few maps- but I guess turn count is more important?

I think highest I've remembered is getting about 658.

Blade team as first team has been working pretty well- although Tharja/Merric/Olivia/Sharena does have some trouble if too many melee units, swordies or high res units like Felicia. Cavalry team of Frederick/blade Cecilia/Xander and Reinhardt cleans up after blade team gets worn down- ideally in Veronica stage since the Awakening maps have some pretty annoying tree choke points. Their movement is good for last map though and Frederick's/Reinhardt's Wings of Mercy and Cecilia's Escape Route makes for some fun plays.

Merric is a good magical 'archer' and has Renewal 1 for survivability, although he gets in trouble against other mages because of low Res. Growing Wind is useful though. Might try 4 star +Atk Nino sometime for more firepower although the lack of bulk will put more pressure on Sharena's melee meatshielding.

Also pro tip- Sanaki is great against Veronica. Best to put her in team 2 with fresh health but you have to bait Veronica into attacking you. Don't attack head on because her Bonfire will activate.

Also, I think i know why masked 'Marth' has no skills. It's to keep his identity hidden because you'll know who Marth is if they had skills! Okay yeah poor reason but now i'm tempte to give Masked Marth actual Marth's skills! (that said, whenever I do get 5 star masked Marth, maybe i should inherit Falchion to my 4 star Marth to save feathers?)

K2hTCKS.png

Three deaths and I still got A speed somehow. Do losses not count or something?

12 wins for the day, past the 7k threshold even with no stamina potions and with losing some stamina to the Xenologues and a failed attempt early on. Seems like a good pace, if I can keep this up.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Welp just had a shit run. Got bodied by AI Azura, which really made my Speed take a hit.

Even after you perfect your strat, you can still get vaped into nonexistence by anything in this game

And yet I keep playing it...... #TheSXPSPHMLevelsAreTooStronk

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Even after you perfect your strat, you can still get vaped into nonexistence by anything in this game

Don't worry, when I get out of the tempest, I'll get you some rope...

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

heyy but that's why we play it. we love to suffer it's no fun if there's no challenge!

18 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:
Actual footage of Obstruct working.

I suppose you were wanting to put Lilina above the pillar to take out the Sheena, yes? But I don't quite see what the problem is. Move Lilina to safety, have Linde take out the Stahl, move everyone else to safety, & Priscilla can cure Lilina. Everyone's safe at the end of the turn.

If Lilina needs to charge her special from attacking Sheena in order to kill Veronica, then she can attack her the next turn, and Linde can block Veronica, protecting Lilina with her life. Seems like it would work, unless Lilina needs the Res boost from Linde for her -blade tome, in order to kill Veronica?

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

How can I train my Camus for next arena if I keep using stanina for this?!

Also, I think i know why masked 'Marth' has no skills. It's to keep his identity hidden because you'll know who Marth is if they had skills! Okay yeah poor reason but now i'm tempte to give Masked Marth actual Marth's skills! (that said, whenever I do get 5 star masked Marth, maybe i should inherit Falchion to my 4 star Marth to save feathers?)

You can train Camus by using him in your teams for this. Pretty sure he keeps the SP/exp. he gets on maps he survives.

And how does it save feathers to inherit Falchion from a 5* Masked Marth to a 4* Marth? The Marth will still be a 4*, and thus have crappy 4* stats, which makes him not that useful. It would make much more sense to have Masked Marth inherit the 4* Marth's skills (which aren't that great, so I don't know why you'd do that). You'd be throwing away a 5* unit. Lucina > Marth anyways!

4 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I suppose you were wanting to put Lilina above the pillar to take out the Sheena, yes? But I don't quite see what the problem is. Move Lilina to safety, have Linde take out the Stahl, move everyone else to safety, & Priscilla can cure Lilina. Everyone's safe at the end of the turn.

If Lilina needs to charge her special from attacking Sheena in order to kill Veronica, then she can attack her the next turn, and Linde can block Veronica, protecting Lilina with her life. Seems like it would work, unless Lilina needs the Res boost from Linde for her -blade tome, in order to kill Veronica?

That run was a while ago, and I don't remember succeeding...

But yes, that does sound good. I just wish Lilina had a better special.

My current teams are working quite well for me so far. I'm scoring an average of 336 per run doing the highest difficulty (since I surrender on Map 7 but ensure the last team has the bonus Hero). Very close to getting 4* Masked Luci.

Team 1:

5* Lvl 40 Catria:      Killer Lance+, Luna, Armoured Blow 3, Seal Attack 3
5* Lvl 40 Roy:         Binding Blade, Dragon Fang, Shove, Triangle Adept 3, Seal Def 3
5* Lvl 40+1 Hector: Armads, Ignis, Pivot, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 2
4* Lvl 40+1 Lissa:   Pain, Kindled-Fire Balm, Rehabilitate, Renewal 3, Spur Atk 3

Team 2:

5* Lvl 40 Lucina:       Falchion, Luna, Swap, Defiant Spd 3, Desperation 3, Spur Atk 3
5* Lvl 40 Ryoma:      Rajinto, Astra, Draw Back, Defiant Atk 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3, HP +3 Seal
5* Lvl 40 Reinhardt:  Dire Thunder, Luna, Swap, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Threaten Res 3, Atk +1 Seal
5* Lvl 26 Elise:  Healer with Recover and Kindled Fire Balm

I really like this. I can finally get use out of my five 5* healers (well, two of them at most)! It's a great challenge. I'm going in with a team of Anna, Nowi, Sanaki, and Bride Lyn for now (all 5*), with Tharja, Hector, Azura, and Priscilla (Tharja at 4*, the others 5*) as the usual backup team (plenty of others prepared for emergencies, though). Best I've done is two deaths, though I've never failed to beat it. Talking about the highest level, of course. Most points I've gotten was 600 something, I was going for 500 average but as I get better and faster that's not really a worry anymore. Hoping to get a perfect run soon.