Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean...the most common solutions to red mages are gonna be blue mages. Though obviously that isn't a perfect solution since it relies largely on luck of the draw. 

A less efficient approach is to have a melee blue with high res (most pegasus knights) tank the hit then kill the turn after. 

Sapphire lances, too. Azura, Subaki, Sully

I am drowning in Subakis to the point where I could probably give all my usual lances sapphire lances.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The combination of Jagen + Effie on Veronica's map is way too much for anything I have to reliably handle without some luck or convenient Specials. Both of them have really high Res, so Julia can't really ORKO them, while the rest of Veronica's cronies and herself bear down on me.

Reds in general screw me over, especially Tharja and Celica. But the worst setup? Cain and Triangle Adept Leo on the final map, easily. Thankfully Leo hasn't rolled T Adept and Cain at the same time.

There was also G Tomebreaker Hector. Fun. At least Olwen and Reinhardt don't give my team any trouble, and they're arguably much more threatening than the former units.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

The trials for sure are tough, sometimes I can get a deathless run and others I get walled hard at the 7th map if the armor has Wary Fighter making Nino unable to one shot it and then hell sets loose, but it's a pretty fun challenge notheless.

Don't attack the armor at the start of map 7 right away, especially if you can't KO them in one round. Doing so makes Veronica and the ranged unit next to her move earlier than usual.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I HATE

MY SHITTY ASS FINGERS

I should just stop playing with drag.

I used to play with drag. Not anymore.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Don't attack the armor at the start of map 7 right away, especially if you can't KO them in one round. Doing so makes Veronica and the ranged unit next to her move earlier than usual.

I usually lure the horse mage out on the right.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Sapphire lances, too. Azura, Subaki, Sully

I am drowning in Subakis to the point where I could probably give all my usual lances sapphire lances.

Friend, would you be so kind as to send one or two my way?

I have like 5 units that need QR and zero Subakis. 

My main final map team has Reinhardt, so Draug is always a welcome sight for me. One-round him on the first turn, then dance or Reposition to get Reinhardt to safety.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

What I like to do is attack the armor, and if I can't kill it, use Reposition to back out. 

If the horse is Reinhardt or Olwen, and Nino can tank the hit, I may use my dancer to just finish off the armor and let Nino sit there to take the hit. 

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

What I like to do is attack the armor, and if I can't kill it, use Reposition to back out. 

If the horse is Reinhardt or Olwen, and Nino can tank the hit, I may use my dancer to just finish off the armor and let Nino sit there to take the hit. 

Even if I could KO the armor, I still wouldn't. Four units getting funneled into the choke is just too much for my team to handle, even if it's technically faster.

Generally, I Rehab Nino and break the block on the right side. She deletes the mage there, then I move Lucina into range of the cav coming from the left. If they're blue or a swordbreaker, I keep her out of range and just blow them up with Nino next turn. Otherwise, I blow up the armor.

Veronica and her ranged are fairly easy to separate so after KO'ing both cavs the map is usually smooth sailing from there.

14 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Friend, would you be so kind as to send one or two my way?

I have like 5 units that need QR and zero Subakis. 

did you throw away all your subaksi because there have been like 4 of those given away for free

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

And what makes you think those of us with lower scores haven't been putting in just as much effort for just as long?

Let's look on it.

1)There are Grand Hero battles. They can be cleared with 3 star units without inheritance and you get some of best units in game from them.

2) You can promote any hero to 5* and many great units can be rised from 3* or 4*

3)In gauntlet you 2/3 of your team are from other players and having your own hero under leveled is actually beneficial.

That means you can make not just good, but great team with nothing but effort. Of course, it would be different if you don't play it long time, but even that just mean you didn't put enough effort yet.

Edited by Tenzen12

Just now, r_n said:

did you throw away all your subaksi because there have been like 4 of those given away for free

I've used every single one of them for inheritance. 

Quick Riposte is a highly coveted skill amongst my units, even moreso than Fury. 

Sort of wish I'd saved a Barst for Lucina to inherit from. I'm having to make due with Draw Back and two Swaps, but I'm seeing way more situations where reposition would be preferred, especially on the last map of Lunatic.

Despite that and the -Spd Lucina I'm using as a bonus, I'm well on track to hitting all of the reward tiers. Loving this event though burnout is a concern. 

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean...the most common solutions to red mages are gonna be blue mages. Though obviously that isn't a perfect solution since it relies largely on luck of the draw. 

A less efficient approach is to have a melee blue with high res (most pegasus knights) tank the hit then kill the turn after. 

My current blue mage collection consists of Odin, a couple of Robins, Reinhardt, and Olwen and only the last two have been built to any degree. Aside from not fitting my main team comp, they also struggle to wall mages that can double them. I do have Clair though she's neutral but I'm not willing to sacrifice Ephraim's utility for one type/color matchup. Fortunately all of the L&D mages in Arena have trained me for this scenario.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Shin, the guy who does Sakura GHB runs, is doing Tempest with Sakuras, I think. He mentioned in his Zephiel re-run that some of his Sakuras still had skills used for Tempest Trials.

Do you have a video? Because that sounds amazing. 

1 minute ago, JSND said:

After including Julia on my squad, and me starting to liberally use Xander, TT have gotten way easier

Being able to heal is amazing

Julia is the truth. I've actually beat Veronica on the hardest route with only Julia and Azura before...

3 hours ago, Othin said:

My understanding is that only clears count towards total turns; failed attempts don't. So spending a bunch of turns on an attempt that fails is the same as surrendering that attempt earlier.

I get it know for the second question. For the first question how fast do we have to clear the tempest to get A on speed?

1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

I get it know for the second question. For the first question how fast do we have to clear the tempest to get A on speed?

i think someone said the cutoff for A rank was 28 turns total?