Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing these scores I'm feeling decent. Upper players around here hitting 20-27k and the lower spectrum around 5-8k. I'm somewhere in the lower middle. Hitting 12,558. 5 Star Marthcina is actually looking pretty probable. Quickened Pulse still seems... ambitious. But let's just see how the next few days go.

Lukas/Soren/Olivia/Wrys whittle down the maps and the team may fall apart around map 4-6 but sometimes makes it to the end. They always fall short on Veronica and then Tharja/B!Cordelia/Olivia (*3 Dancebot) and Wryskura (Sakura with Wrys skills) finish up. Tharja can one round Veronica even at +SPD/-ATK if she procs Vengance. If they fall short my Y!Tiki/Xander team mops up. Score is pretty consistently around 500 with a C-ish in speed. But I got a B/B once too, that magical 630 pops up every now and again too. Also I only have one Desperation but I'm seriously considering giving it to Tharja at this point...

Only thing I really hate are red and green mages. I have no real answer to either of them. Red mages eat Lukas for breakfast so I have to play bait n switch or proc Ignis to kill them and Olivia's not very strong at all so Soren has to duel with them. Because of all this battering I have to take Wrys and lose a slot for attacking.

If I had an Azura I could five star a Marth or Chrom and get a real team going but alas. 

Also noticed the banner said "Dark Clouds over Awakening" which leads me to believe this is going to be a worlds switching thing. Also a little annoyed that the Awakening banner doesn't have Chrom, the protagonist, as one of the bonus characters. "Dark Clouds over Blazing" would be pretty cool. Bonus characters: Elwood, Hector, Lyn, Nin- Matthew.

Nope! Nino's a 20% bonus unit! Zing!

Finally did my second deathless run! I used Lucina (vanilla), Klein (Draw Back and Swordbreaker), Nino (Desperation and Draw Back) and Olivia (with Fortify Res seal, Speed +3 and Wings of Mercy).

Very satisfying to land the final blow with Lucina. Received a score of 658, which is okay- got an A for survival but just B for speed (only because of that damn two cliff map with the bad choke point).

@Zeo Looks like we should be training important/main characters from each game (err Chrom aside?) if they're gonna do another Tempest Trial with bonus units. At least the lower percentage bonus units are free ones.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

As for future one's, I think Mystery might be next to avoid doing Awakening and Fates back to back. Plus, they need enough maps and not many have that.

Yes, and then we have Sirius as the free reward because that would be funny

Just had my first two wins with the third team in a row. Feels good.

Edit: I want to add it feels crazy I'm in the top 25K overall having used no stamia potions and being succesfull only about half my attempts. (and having done the Zephiel stuff too.)

Edited by Silith13

Got second Deathless run :D I even screenshotted it, if I can ever work out how to upload ^.^

Almost got a third, but Eliwood screwed me over. I managed to kill him, but that left me with just Robin and Xander to take out Veronica. I still could have got her if she hadn't been smart. She had her special loaded and Xander wasn't in vantage range, despite having his own special... I put a nice, tempting, juicy Robin in the way for her to slaughter, but she still went for Xander. Darn you Veronica!

The against team was Veronica, Saizo, Eliwood, Sheena and Olwen.

Then they decimated my second team. Usually Sanaki, Roy and Ninian plus other mage (Julia in this case) does the trick, but not this time -.-

Thankfully, my third team saved the day Camus, Hector, Azura and Tharja. It was all too traumatic - so close to dying the entire time xD

I hate Eliwood now. I want him for my own! Well... a 5* him. Gonna be a while before I can get there -.- Hi 3* army of Eliwoods xD

Edited by Cute Chao

Sitting just shy of 15k, here's to hoping I can even get to the Quickened Pulse seal. I've just been running the first Lunatic since I can clear it most of the time. More often than not, Klein makes it on his last legs to Veronica where she gets trashed by Sanaki when the refresher team comes in.

6 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

I'm happy with my first and last team, they are the ones that have been working the best, but now I'm thinking... What if I change the order, and switch the place of first and third team? maybe I can try

To say the true, I think I have been lucky with the maps with both Camus and Ursula. But basically is had been something like taking advantage of Camus horse skill to boost Ursula, then I let her attack and I take her out of danger with Olivia's help, then either Camus or Frederick finish the enemy. This is pretty good for armor units not named Hector.

I'm starting to think that one of my bigger problems is the lack of heritance in lot of  my units, maybe I need to start using my feathers on characters than have good skills to pass

Ack sorry for falling off the forum there; I got way too sleepy and...had to sleep :'D

There's no harm in trying things, especially since it's only day 3 of the event~ I'm glad your first team's working out! Changing the order might help out. If it helps get you through more consistently, then it's definitely worth it! I'm not the best at coming up with these things myself (I have two solid-ish teams...one that is essentially destined to fall off, but I just want to get to the seventh map...and the last team doesn't even exist), but if your teams are complimenting each other, they're fine.

The lack of skills definitely is going to hurt, though. D: A 2,000 feather investment for a good skill is definitely worth it; especially if having the skill can help clear maps/and arena after. Maybe focus the skill inheritance on the first and last team, since you're happiest with them, and have found the most success? Or at least the units that compliment each other best?

Nino maxed out her Hero Merit (total side note: these are great for SP/HM grinding...assuming you can keep your units alive for it; someone's probably already noted that, but w/e), so I switched over to Horse Emblem. It took a little adjusting, but Olwen (+0), Cecilia (+0), Elise (+0), and Nowi (+4) can now consistently clear the 7-battle trial with full marks. Poor Nowi kinda sits around being a Spur Atk bot...and chips Veronica so Olwen can finish her off, I guess.

idk what I'm going to do once Cecilia and Olwen max their HM...those two (esp. Olwen) are insane.

Hero Merit is probably what'll get me to go for the >50k rewards. Wouldn't be too enthusiastic about putting in that much time just for the orbs, but that's too many potential feathers to ignore, and getting orbs along the way is a nice bonus.

I've been debating using up some of my stamina potions. I used some for the Zephiel maps so I can keep focussed on the Tempest Trials, but I don't want to use up all my potions and need them later. I've been planning to see how far I get without, and then blow some if it looks like I'm just short of a prize or two... But I'll see ^.^''

wow, people are already in the 20ks? i'm just around 12k, and i've been playing a ton. :O i don't have a ton of 5* units or skills inherited, so my speed rankings are pretty terrible. this is definitely my favorite mode so far, and my main teams are 1) titania, male robin (for the bonus), roy, and bride lucina and 2) azura, ike, soren, azama. i would actually say this is one of my fav fire emblem games ever now, which is pretty unexpected.

Well...to my surprise, my third team (Lyn, Soren, Sharena, and Genny) managed to beat Veronica's death with no deaths. I'd switched Sharena for Fae (since the map was pretty blue/green heavy, and Fae can tank magic pretty well...plus, Sharena's lacking in skill inheritance and is only 4*, so she's missing her unique weapon). I got 517 points for my victory (a D for speed - since I'm too used to turtling/careful-ish planning, and a C for survivability); I got the 40% bonus from using Tharja on my second team. Ah, it's not too much, but it's pretty rewarding since it's the first time I managed to get 500+ points in a run...! Already a battle or two from 10,000 points!

I've been consistently getting Speed A, Survival B now on the hardest difficulty, this morning.  I've got a score of 10,780 and I haven't used any Stamina Potions during the event, yet.  It looks like I should be able to reach 50K before the end.  I really want that Seal.

I wonder how many things Draconic Aura Reinhardt can't ORKO with that seal.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've been consistently getting Speed A, Survival B now on the hardest difficulty, this morning.  I've got a score of 10,780 and I haven't used any Stamina Potions during the event, yet.  It looks like I should be able to reach 50K before the end.  I really want that Seal.

I wonder how many things Draconic Aura Reinhardt can't ORKO with that seal.

I wouldn't recommend putting that seal on Draconic Aura Reinhardt because it doesn't change anything. 

Reinhardt activates DA (or any 3-cd special) on the second round of combat regardless of whether it's 3 cd or lowered to 2 cd. The only thing that would change is if you gave him Moonbow and the Quickpulse seal, which would let him activate Moonbow on the first round of combat. 

Personally, I'm planning to leave Atk +1 and Luna (no DA fodder) on my Rein and give Quickpulse to Xander so that he can proc Bonfire w/ QR on the first round of combat without needing to get doubled. (Though I will consider Moonbow Pulse Rein for Arena Defense shenanigans)

I only just reached 20k, but that's because I haven't spent any more stamina potions other than the two I used on day 1.

I might use some tomorrow just to get the 5* masked Marth sooner though.

Oh my god, Desperation Tharja is the real deal. Twice now I've managed to beat the map with just her left at 1 HP. This last set, I was absolutely sure I was doomed--having replaced Reinhardt in the interest of grinding for HM, I was running with Azura/Cecilia/Klein/Tharja instead. Then I stupidly lost Azura in an early map and went into the final map with just the three remaining, all below 10 HP. At least the team that popped up was Veronica/Leo/Stahl/Draug/Merric and somewhat forgiving, so I figured I'd try and see if I could 2-and-a-half-man it (TA3 Cecilia is vs. 3 reds is... hm... yeah).

And then Tharja nuked everyone on the map. Everyone. Klein and Cecilia sacrificed themselves for the greater good (Klein to reposition Tharja out of danger and take a fatal blow, and Cecilia to deal chip on Merric because lol 38 speed), and it was not for naught! Vengeance was had, literally, for some extra overkill on Draug. Of course, I got an E rank in speed this round because losing Azura tanked my turn count to hell, but SO. SATISFYING.

This was so worth my only Shanna. (Though Tharja has actually only managed to learn up to Desperation 2 so far, with the SP grinding I'm sure she'll have it all learned up by the end of the event.)

I tried putting the 5* Nowi I pulled on my Tempest team to see how she'd do and I ended up clearing the trials without anyone dying. :o

I haven't even given her Fury yet!

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I wouldn't recommend putting that seal on Draconic Aura Reinhardt because it doesn't change anything. 

Reinhardt activates DA (or any 3-cd special) on the second round of combat regardless of whether it's 3 cd or lowered to 2 cd. The only thing that would change is if you gave him Moonbow and the Quickpulse seal, which would let him activate Moonbow on the first round of combat. 

Personally, I'm planning to leave Atk +1 and Luna (no DA fodder) on my Rein and give Quickpulse to Xander so that he can proc Bonfire w/ QR on the first round of combat without needing to get doubled. (Though I will consider Moonbow Pulse Rein for Arena Defense shenanigans)

You're right, I mismathed, and was thinking it would activate on the second hit.  I guess Moonbow would do that, but it sounds less impressive.

5 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Oh my god, Desperation Tharja is the real deal. Twice now I've managed to beat the map with just her left at 1 HP. This last set, I was absolutely sure I was doomed--having replaced Reinhardt in the interest of grinding for HM, I was running with Azura/Cecilia/Klein/Tharja instead. Then I stupidly lost Azura in an early map and went into the final map with just the three remaining, all below 10 HP. At least the team that popped up was Veronica/Leo/Stahl/Draug/Merric and somewhat forgiving, so I figured I'd try and see if I could 2-and-a-half-man it (TA3 Cecilia is vs. 3 reds is... hm... yeah).

And then Tharja nuked everyone on the map. Everyone. Klein and Cecilia sacrificed themselves for the greater good (Klein to reposition Tharja out of danger and take a fatal blow, and Cecilia to deal chip on Merric because lol 38 speed), and it was not for naught! Vengeance was had, literally, for some extra overkill on Draug. Of course, I got an E rank in speed this round because losing Azura tanked my turn count to hell, but SO. SATISFYING.

This was so worth my only Shanna. (Though Tharja has actually only managed to learn up to Desperation 2 so far, with the SP grinding I'm sure she'll have it all learned up by the end of the event.)

Tharja is a god in this mode. I guess all blade tomes are really, but she's been my ace as well. Even though she's maxed on hero merit I keep using her anyway since she helps make things so much easier.

24 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I tried putting the 5* Nowi I pulled on my Tempest team to see how she'd do and I ended up clearing the trials without anyone dying. :o

I haven't even given her Fury yet!

I almost cleared all 7 with my initial team, I had Bridelia left against Veronica, and I want to say Effie.  Only after I killed off Veronica, did I realize the Armor was still in range and killed me.

21 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Tharja is a god in this mode. I guess all blade tomes are really, but she's been my ace as well. Even though she's maxed on hero merit I keep using her anyway since she helps make things so much easier.

She really is! She's especially great this event because of Veronica. I actually struggled a little with her before I threw in the towel and gave her Desperation, since she couldn't kill Veronica without dying to the counter, but since she got it she's been amazing. She got ditched by the wayside while I was focusing on Horse Emblem so this event has been a fantastic reminder of her awesomeness.

I don't know what the status of her HM is for me, but I'll definitely be using her even after she maxes out since she's my best bonus character LOL.