Tempest Torture

Arthur97

All this grinding is getting pretty tedious. I'm on track to get the full 100k points but I feel like its a matter of motivation to actually do it then difficulty for me. I like the challenge of the trials but doing the 7 map pack 6 times in a row is tiring. Its also kinda jarring at how easy Arena is compared to this. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one of my recent runs, the final map was four greens and Gwendy, so I decided to bring in Lilina instead of a blue for my super team and she ended up soloing the map. First turn, I gave her a Spur Spd boost from Hector to let her double Gwendy and two-round her with Olivia's help, then she killed Cecilia on the enemy phase with Quick Riposte. Second turn, she had Growing Flame charged and used it to obliterate Boey and injure Veronica, who she finished off on the enemy phase. Third turn, all that was left was Frederick, who had gotten close so she just blasted him.

Edited by Othin

31 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

MHMMMM all perfect runs with morning stamina. Feels good man.

5* Masked Marth is in the bag, now for the Pulse Seal.

How many stamina pots have you used up already?

It shouldn't be possible to have gotten the 5* already with just natural regen, even with perfect runs (though my math could be off)

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

How many stamina pots have you used up already?

It shouldn't be possible to have gotten the 5* already with just natural regen, even with perfect runs (though my math could be off)

I've used 4 so far, but one of them was mostly used to get Zephiel done, so 3.5 I guess.

By the way, the madman has done it; an all-Sakura deathless run in Tempest.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've used 4 so far, but one of them was mostly used to get Zephiel done, so 3.5 I guess.

Oh okay, yeah that's reasonable. 4 full stamina bars is roughly 14k points if you play optimally after all. In any case, congrats :D

Also holy shit. 

Okay, that's it. I'm banning all teleporting skills. 

I actually remembered to check for the teleporting Cain this time. I just didn't expect the teleporting Celica to destroy my day -.- 

...Well, I say destroyed. Slaughtered her with my next team, but it was a close thing. Man, I hate WoM and the others that allow teleporting right now -.- 

Just faced the most unfair combination I had till now. It was on the 6th map, which happened to be on the arena map. I was faced with Ninian, Olivia, Klein and WoM Frederick. I lost Lukas and Lucina and Julia/Sanaki barely survived. 

Still got A in Speed and B because B team (Ryoma/Nino/Azura and Blade Linde) wiped the floor with the last map.

24 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Snip

Excuse me as I pick my jaw up off the floor. I...I cannot believe what I just witnessed. Also, possibly a silly question, but what song is used later in the video? I have a feeling I know/recognize it, but I can't fully tell...and they don't have it listed (from what my rusty Japanese can gather).

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Just faced the most unfair combination I had till now. It was on the 6th map, which happened to be on the arena map. I was faced with Ninian, Olivia, Klein and WoM Frederick. I lost Lukas and Lucina and Julia/Sanaki barely survived. 

Still got A in Speed and B because B team (Ryoma/Nino/Azura and Blade Linde) wiped the floor with the last map.

That's a rough/terrible combination... D: Oh, geez. At least you got through it with the B team, but still...some of these combinations are ridiculously challenging...

Just now, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Excuse me as I pick my jaw up off the floor. I...I cannot believe what I just witnessed. Also, possibly a silly question, but what song is used later in the video? I have a feeling I know/recognize it, but I can't fully tell...and they don't have it listed (from what my rusty Japanese can gather).

It's Alight (Storm) from Fates.

That's a rough/terrible combination... D: Oh, geez. At least you got through it with the B team, but still...some of these combinations are ridiculously challenging...

I might have been able to manage it if I hadn't put Lucina right behind Lukas when I tried to bait Olivia. Emphasis on tried since Klein is the one that attacked twice that round. He moved to buff Olivia, was danced by Ninian so he could attack Lukas(though he didn't do any damage) and then Olivia danced him and he deleted Lucina thanks to proccing Glacies. If Lucina had been farther back, he'd probably would have attacked Lukas again for negligible damage. But that's what you face when the enemy has 2 dancers.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

I might have been able to manage it if I hadn't put Lucina right behind Lukas when I tried to bait Olivia. Emphasis on tried since Klein is the one that attacked twice that round. He moved to buff Olivia, was danced by Ninian so he could attack Lukas(though he didn't do any damage) and then Olivia danced him and he deleted Lucina thanks to proccing Glacies. If Lucina had been farther back, he'd probably would have attacked Lukas again for negligible damage. But that's what you face when the enemy has 2 dancers.

Mm, unfortunately... It's hard to figure out who they're going to dance to, and how to plan for that. Plus, baiting's twice as tricky with two dancers...I shudder to think what would've happened if one of them also had WoM...

Mm, unfortunately... It's hard to figure out who they're going to dance to, and how to plan for that. Plus, baiting's twice as tricky with two dancers...I shudder to think what would've happened if one of them also had WoM...

The map didn't help. The 2 layers or breakable walls in the middle made it extremely iffy to predict how the units would move when danced and it made it that the only unit I could potentially safely bait was Olivia and even then it turned out to be a disaster. At least I faced it in the 6th map, if I had lost half of my A team in the first few maps, my B-team might have been to beat up to win in the final map.

And dancers with WoM are the bane of my deathless arena runs.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

The map didn't help. The 2 layers or breakable walls in the middle made it extremely iffy to predict how the units would move when danced and it made it that the only unit I could potentially safely bait was Olivia and even then it turned out to be a disaster. At least I faced it in the 6th map, if I had lost half of my A team in the first few maps, my B-team might have been to beat up to win in the final map.

And dancers with WoM are the bane of my deathless arena runs.

Oof, yeah, that map makes it tough to bait sometimes...especially with ranged+dancer units. Brave anything+dancers are the worst combo; you might survive the initial brave attack, but definitely not the second (unless you have a TANK). At least you were able to salvage it...

I apologize for having a WoM Azura on my defense team, in that case... >3>;;;

All the talk of Tharja, I agree. I pulled her from Female Mages banner since I needed a good Red Tome. Even with -Spd, she's putting in the work. Her +Atk just needs one Hone buff (not even Hone Attack, just any Hone buff) to kill Veronica from full HP by Desperation.

The Sakura vid was great. I needed that.

Edited by Dual Dragons

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's wild. Only shows the first six battles, though?

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

How are you guys feeling about the Tempest Trials so far compared to our other big on/off event(Gauntlets)?

I'm liking this a whole lot more, honestly.

As a game mode, I like the Tempest Trials. The idea of having to survive a gauntlet of maps with a few teams to earn a high score is enjoyable to me. However, I much rather have the Tempest Trials be a permanent fixture with smaller rewards, like the Arena, instead of it being one of the big monthly events.

My reason for this is the time investment, and to get the most points, the repetitive nature. In terms of mathematics, if I played every single day and constantly used my Stamina efficiently, I could probably get the rewards I wanted within the time frame (50k, Quick Pulse Seal). Since failure and not-perfect runs are possible (and rather probable in my case), this makes the grind even longer.

The Voting Gauntlet does not require this much commitment to obtain decent rewards. I can play a quick Voting Gauntlet match every so often at my own leisure and still get a satisfactory amount of feathers for my time. Not only that, the Voting Gauntlet is rather short with its timeframe. With the Tempest Trials, it basically demands me to sit down and marathon through the entire thing with all of my Stamina. The rewards may be greater (Masked Marth, Seals, Orbs, etc.), but I find it to be more tedious than fun.

Long story short, I find the current implementation of Tempest Trials and its reward system to be more like work instead an enjoyable pastime. I find other activities better suited to relax and casually play than working to grind in Heroes. Why should I spend my time doing something repetitive when I can be doing something much more fulfilling instead? It is just not worth it in my opinion.

Breath of Life 1 seal get and almost halfway until Quickened Pulse seal (24,559 cumulative score at the time of writing).

Doing a trial, let alone multiple trials, is kind of mentally taxing for me as I try to keep my entire team alive as much as possible. I often had to take breaks between trials to get a breather. And because of my breaks between trials, I tend to be lazy with using my stamina potions (used less than 5 so far and I still got plenty of stamina potions ready to go).

11 minutes ago, Sire said:

As a game mode, I like the Tempest Trials. The idea of having to survive a gauntlet of maps with a few teams to earn a high score is enjoyable to me. However, I much rather have the Tempest Trials be a permanent fixture with smaller rewards, like the Arena, instead of it being one of the big monthly events.

My reason for this is the time investment, and to get the most points, the repetitive nature. In terms of mathematics, if I played every single day and constantly used my Stamina efficiently, I could probably get the rewards I wanted within the time frame (50k, Quick Pulse Seal). Since failure and not-perfect runs are possible (and rather probable in my case), this makes the grind even longer.

The Voting Gauntlet does not require this much commitment to obtain decent rewards. I can play a quick Voting Gauntlet match every so often at my own leisure and still get a satisfactory amount of feathers for my time. Not only that, the Voting Gauntlet is rather short with its timeframe. With the Tempest Trials, it basically demands me to sit down and marathon through the entire thing with all of my Stamina. The rewards may be greater (Masked Marth, Seals, Orbs, etc.), but I find it to be more tedious than fun.

Long story short, I find the current implementation of Tempest Trials and its reward system to be more like work instead an enjoyable pastime. I find other activities better suited to relax and casually play than working to grind in Heroes. Why should I spend my time doing something repetitive when I can be doing something much more fulfilling instead? It is just not worth it in my opinion.

I do like the idea of a permanent stamina sink besides grinding levels, SP, or HM, so that's a neat idea. 

Maybe it's just because I've been numbed by other gacha games, but I don't find the tedium to be all that unbearable. At the very least, this is no different from a standard event in any of the other gachas I've played, though it's the first of its kind in Heroes specifically. 

8 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ack sorry for falling off the forum there; I got way too sleepy and...had to sleep :'D

There's no harm in trying things, especially since it's only day 3 of the event~ I'm glad your first team's working out! Changing the order might help out. If it helps get you through more consistently, then it's definitely worth it! I'm not the best at coming up with these things myself (I have two solid-ish teams...one that is essentially destined to fall off, but I just want to get to the seventh map...and the last team doesn't even exist), but if your teams are complimenting each other, they're fine.

The lack of skills definitely is going to hurt, though. D: A 2,000 feather investment for a good skill is definitely worth it; especially if having the skill can help clear maps/and arena after. Maybe focus the skill inheritance on the first and last team, since you're happiest with them, and have found the most success? Or at least the units that compliment each other best?

No problem, looks we get sleep time at the same time, and then I was busy to check/play.

Yeah, it's a surprise the 3 horses + Olivia are working really good most of the time, still I would like to change my Frederick for the new one I got, since the current one is -Atk. Big problem is that the new one is a 3* and lv him up to 4* 40lv will take lot of time and stamina. My last team is already full, with the skills I wanted them to have, so they are fine. The horses... I'm not even sure what to give to Camus :/ . I have two spare Shannas an 1 Subaki, which could be better on him?

I was thinking in giving pivot to Effie for her movement and I already give one of my Navarres to Linde lol , ups... Well, I still have 3 more of hims. Oh, and I have Bride!Cordelia and Bride!Charlotte,, I'm sure they could have in that random team, sadly, they aren't lv 40...

I'm sure the lack of 5* or good units is hitting me right now, but... I'm saving my orbs for future characters haha

PS: I have 5000 points, getting close to that 4* MaskLuci

Edited by SniperGYS

The trials for sure are testing my patience, I'm currently sitting at 27.5k and waiting for my stamina to refill but this whole thing is getting old really quick. It was fun at first but right now it's more tedious than anything.

I'm going to try and get beyond 100k at the end of this, I just hope I won't lose my sanity along the way.