Tempest Torture

Arthur97

W00. Making progress. Only took me two teams to get to the last fight. And the third took them down. Boey just like in Echoes is hard to deal with. Surviving a Hana as a green mage. Something Veronica cannot even dream off.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man its amazing how much easier Deathblow 3 on Reinhardt makes the Lunatic level fights.

Thank you +Attack/-Def Klein, your sacrifice was not in vein. Though I'm sure people are screaming at me right now. Once Lucina has enough SP to use Recovery 3 + Aid Assist I might be able to tackle the highest difficulty 

27 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

No problem, looks we get sleep time at the same time, and then I was busy to check/play.

Yeah, it's a surprise the 3 horses + Olivia are working really good most of the time, still I would like to change my Frederick for the new one I got, since the current one is -Atk. Big problem is that the new one is a 3* and lv him up to 4* 40lv will take lot of time and stamina. My last team is already full, with the skills I wanted them to have, so they are fine. The horses... I'm not even sure what to give to Camus :/ . I have two spare Shannas an 1 Subaki, which could be better on him?

I was thinking in giving pivot to Effie for her movement and I already give one of my Navarres to Linde lol , ups... Well, I still have 3 more of hims. Oh, and I have Bride!Cordelia and Bride!Charlotte,, I'm sure they could have in that random team, sadly, they aren't lv 40...

I'm sure the lack of units is hitting me right now, but... I'm saving my orbs for future characters haha

Hahaha that's a funny coincidence~

Ohhhh...yeah, even getting him to 3* 20 -> 4* 1 -> 4* 40 will take a lot of crystals/stamina. D: Worth investing in, but perhaps not now... Hmm, Camus wants QR, I think; he's not the type of unit who'd get mileage out of Desperation. If you'd rather hold onto your Subaki, Vantage could work, too.

Pivot's good for armored units~ I use Reposition on my Hector, actually...though, I'm thinking of giving him Pivot instead. They do different things, so I'm not too sure which would be more helpful... If the Brides are close enough to 40, they can make it; I was running my Tharja at level 37 and she capped out during the various runs haha~ just keeping them alive/safe will net them the EXP and let you utilize them.

D: Yeah, lack of units/skill availability is definitely going to be felt hard at the moment. But, things can definitely be made to work!

16 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

W00. Making progress. Only took me two teams to get to the last fight. And the third took them down. Boey just like in Echoes is hard to deal with. Surviving a Hana as a green mage. Something Veronica cannot even dream off.

He killed my Xander v.v 

Seriously, that fight rankled me. It was that stupid arena map with the walls, and the only way I could go was to let Xander tank a blow from Lucina... and he's not very good at tanking speedy sworders... Then I retreated, got him back to full health, and he couldn't kill Boey. And then Boey critted. Darn you, Boey! 

...I'm starting to think I need me a Boey xD 

Just now, Cute Chao said:

He killed my Xander v.v 

Seriously, that fight rankled me. It was that stupid arena map with the walls, and the only way I could go was to let Xander tank a blow from Lucina... and he's not very good at tanking speedy sworders... Then I retreated, got him back to full health, and he couldn't kill Boey. And then Boey critted. Darn you, Boey! 

...I'm starting to think I need me a Boey xD 

Crit? We...are still talking about Heroes, right?

But yeah weapon triangle doesn't seem to mean very much to Lunatic Tempest opponents.

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Crit? We...are still talking about Heroes, right?

But yeah weapon triangle doesn't seem to mean very much to Lunatic Tempest opponents.

Oh, I still think of specials as crits xD 

It's the years of playing FE. If there's a flashy animation, it's a crit xD 

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Mother of all chips, right there:

Hide contents

0kZeSxS.png

Only a TA3 Sanaki and a very battered Sharena remained on my side, and a Gwendy on Veronica’s. Sanaki ran in circles around the pillar chipping Gwendy for 2 damage at a time, charging her Iceberg every three turns. Gwendy is at 1 HP in this screenshot. Stage fucking clear at last, E for speed, C for survival.

A Robin shoved Veronica back into that left side with the rock. I quickly took the bait dancing Sharena to block Veronica from escaping. Olivia was a necessary sacrifice to enemy Robin but it was oh so worth it. It was just a matter of Tharja walking up after wearing Veronica down enough.

But yeah doing 7 maps per run is mentally draining. I get decent 630+ scores at least, but I play on two accounts so its more taxing. It takes at least 20 minutes for one run- lucky there's a long weekend right now at least.

edit: and with that I finally have my first perfect score! Even if Olivia was sacrificed I still had an A in survivability!

Edited by mcsilas

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Oh, I still think of specials as crits xD 

It's the years of playing FE. If there's a flashy animation, it's a crit xD 

Oh okay that makes a lot more sense.

Tbh I do too sometimes, so I can't exactly blame you lol

1 hour ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Oof, yeah, that map makes it tough to bait sometimes...especially with ranged+dancer units. Brave anything+dancers are the worst combo; you might survive the initial brave attack, but definitely not the second (unless you have a TANK). At least you were able to salvage it...

I apologize for having a WoM Azura on my defense team, in that case... >3>;;;

The fact that it was a ranged unit didn't help either.

Maybe it's the price I pay for using a WoM dancer on my defense team along with Distant Counter Vantage units.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

The fact that it was a ranged unit didn't help either.

Maybe it's the price I pay for using a WoM dancer on my defense team along with Distant Counter Vantage units.

Oh, definitely not. And that ranged unit being a Brave Bow unit d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y didn't help.

That combination is deadly. Wonderful for your defense score, awful for your poor opponents haha...

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

38 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Hahaha that's a funny coincidence~

Ohhhh...yeah, even getting him to 3* 20 -> 4* 1 -> 4* 40 will take a lot of crystals/stamina. D: Worth investing in, but perhaps not now... Hmm, Camus wants QR, I think; he's not the type of unit who'd get mileage out of Desperation. If you'd rather hold onto your Subaki, Vantage could work, too.

Pivot's good for armored units~ I use Reposition on my Hector, actually...though, I'm thinking of giving him Pivot instead. They do different things, so I'm not too sure which would be more helpful... If the Brides are close enough to 40, they can make it; I was running my Tharja at level 37 and she capped out during the various runs haha~ just keeping them alive/safe will net them the EXP and let you utilize them.

D: Yeah, lack of units/skill availability is definitely going to be felt hard at the moment. But, things can definitely be made to work!

I have 2 Subakis! one is a 4* I'm keeping for my Flyer Emblem and the other is a 3* that I can promote and feed to Camus, so that's what I'm going to do then!

I was swimming in Cherches some time ago, and I don't need to promote her to pass Pivot so she is going to go too... Really I had a lot of Cherches, that I just end giving Pivot to Takumi for no reason, now I only have two, one for me and one for Pivot. Sadly my brides are far of lv 40... Cordelia is the most close with lv33. Charlote is still 20.

Not summoning a lot is a big dissadvantage (I have 400 orbs now) but I really want to save these orbs for Innes-Hugh-Geoffrey-Kliff characteres that I like, at least I'm going to have that 4* Lucina!! That is something.

I have 50 stamina potions that I could use for more points, but like how others are saying in the post above... Is actually tiring to play this trial... It become tedious... If IntSys bring these trials back again in the future, I hope they make some changes to make this less tedious

Edited by SniperGYS

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I have 2 Subakis! one is a 4* I'm keeping for my Flyer Emblem and the other is a 3* that I can promote and feed to Camus, so that's what I'm going to do then!

I was swimming in Cherches some time ago, and I don't need to promote her to pass Pivot so she is going to go too... Really I had a lot of Cherches, that I just end giving Pivot to Takumi for no reason, now I only have two, one for me and one for Pivot. Sadly my brides are far of lv 40... Cordelia is the most close with lv33. Charlote is still 20.

Not summoning a lot is a big dissadvantage (I have 400 orbs now) but I can't do nothing, I want to save these orbs for Innes-Hugh-Geoffrey-Kliff characteres that I like, but at least I'm going to have that 4* Lucina!! That is something.

I have 50 stamina potions that I could use for more points, but like how others are saying in the post above... Is actually tiring to play this trial... It become tedious... If IntSys bring these trials back again in the future, I hope they make some changes to make this less tedious

Oh, nice! :D Yes, Camus would appreciate that QR certainly haha~

Huh, Takumi with Pivot sounds interesting...I have Draw Back on him, personally; it has mixed results. Sometimes it helps keep units out of danger (including himself), but sometimes Reposition would've been better. If you're able give B!Cordelia Brave Bow+, she m-i-g-h-t be able to squeeze by a little. But, that's a lot of investment...and no guarantee, honestly.

Oh wow that's a lot of orbs! o3o I hope they release the units you like soon; and that, when they do, you get them! I understand that, though; I was hoarding for Ike/Soren...and I spent so many orbs when they came out. I burned through my remaining 300 in an attempt to get Leo at the Mages banner, but the rude jerk never came to me...part of me wants to hoard again, but I'm so in need of other units for skill inheritance I'm unsure of what to do. And, yes! That 4* Lucina's definitely something~

...Yeah...it's definitely tedious...I'm waiting for my stamina to fully recharge and part of me isn't looking forward to it, honestly haha...I'm at 11.3k (my runs this morning, aside from the one good one, were poooooor...), and I do want to start making progress (I want that Quickened Pulse Seal...!!)...but I don't want to tap too much into my potions, either (I have around the same amount as you - I prefer to hang onto them for training units/time crunches); I agree, I hope they make it less tedious...and/or make each round worth more points so less grinding's required.

I decided to switch up my initial team a bit, just for the heck of it.

Nino 5* with Desperation and Iceberg.  She kills even Reds with Desperation up.  @Arcanite

Eirika 5* She's there to buff Nino, she's only killed like one enemy so far.

Azura 5* She's there to let Nino go twice.  She's only killed maybe one or two enemies.

Robin 4* He's here for the bonus and to kill the enemies that Nino's too busy to kill.

Goal today: Get Masked Marth. I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be. I've used one stamina potion a day, and one of those was mostly to refill my stamina after the Zephiel quests. 

I started switching my teams around because I maxed out HM for everyone on my mage team except for Sanaki, So I've been shuffling around between Sanaki, Michalis, M. Robin, and Lucius and Lucina, Michalis, Azura, and Lucius. I may actually trade out Azura for Ninian. Poor Ninian hasn't seen a lot of action. I don't think she's even level 30 yet. So maybe I'll dedicate a stamina potion to getting her to a better level. 

I had a bad first run this morning, but Lucius cleared a map all by himself. Granted they were all slow, low RES sword users, but it was the most satisfying thing ever to have my healer handle things for me. He just needs to be a tiny bit fast to handle the mages.

Separate question: Does anyone know if we're close to our reward goal for orbs and feathers? It'd be really nice to get those...

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Goal today: Get Masked Marth. I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be. I've used one stamina potion a day, and one of those was mostly to refill my stamina after the Zephiel quests. 

I started switching my teams around because I maxed out HM for everyone on my mage team except for Sanaki, So I've been shuffling around between Sanaki, Michalis, M. Robin, and Lucius and Lucina, Michalis, Azura, and Lucius. I may actually trade out Azura for Ninian. Poor Ninian hasn't seen a lot of action. I don't think she's even level 30 yet. So maybe I'll dedicate a stamina potion to getting her to a better level. 

I had a bad first run this morning, but Lucius cleared a map all by himself. Granted they were all slow, low RES sword users, but it was the most satisfying thing ever to have my healer handle things for me. He just needs to be a tiny bit fast to handle the mages.

Separate question: Does anyone know if we're close to our reward goal for orbs and feathers? It'd be really nice to get those...

Is that the 4* or 5* Masked "Marth"?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing we blow the goal out of the water, like the Gauntlet goal, but it would be nice to see where we're at.  Maybe they'll p the ante, like they did with the Gauntlet.

13 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It should be possible to calculate lowball estimates by seeing what scores correspond to what rankings. For example, I don't have exact numbers on hand but I passed 20k points without making it into the top 10k players, so if we take the top 10k players and say they all have at least 20k points, that's a total of at least 200 million points. I think the goal is a billion, which is a fair bit more than that, but that's a pretty serious underestimate even for the small fraction of total players it covers. So if more people post their scores and rankings, that'll make it possible to get more exact estimates that will be a lot higher, and probably will turn out to already be past the target.

For example, if it turns out that the top 1k players all have passed the 50k threshold by now, that'd be 50 million points, although it'd mean that only 9k of the top 10k players would be covered by the 20k points estimate (because the top 1k is now in the 50k points estimate), meaning that part of the estimate would drop to 180 million but the total estimated points would go up to 230 million. And so on.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is that the 4* or 5* Masked "Marth"?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing we blow the goal out of the water, like the Gauntlet goal, but it would be nice to see where we're at.  Maybe they'll p the ante, like they did with the Gauntlet.

The 5* this time! I'm a little short of 26k points right now. My speed score went down a bit since I started using more melee units and fewer mages, but 30k seems entirely doable.  

We've had no trouble blowing goals out of the water for the gauntlet at least, but from what I've seen this event has been a bit harder on people, especially since the Lunatic stratum is pretty brutal.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

It should be possible to calculate lowball estimates by seeing what scores correspond to what rankings. For example, I don't have exact numbers on hand but I passed 20k points without making it into the top 10k players, so if we take the top 10k players and say they all have at least 20k points, that's a total of at least 200 million points. I think the goal is a billion, which is a fair bit more than that, but that's a pretty serious underestimate even for the small fraction of total players it covers. So if more people post their scores and rankings, that'll make it possible to get more exact estimates that will be a lot higher, and probably will turn out to already be past the target.

For example, if it turns out that the top 1k players all have passed the 50k threshold by now, that'd be 50 million points, although it'd mean that only 9k of the top 10k players would be covered by the 20k points estimate (because the top 1k is now in the 50k points estimate), meaning that part of the estimate would drop to 180 million but the total estimated points would go up to 230 million. And so on.

Well, a little under 26k points gets me a rank of about 5500. (I suppose for exact rankings, I'm rank 5565 with 25789 points. I've got enough stamina for three more runs however.) We might be able to assume that some people are tied for ranks as well. We probably have a pretty good chance of nailing this. It's still only the third day I think...and the fourth will start during the reset. 

Watch. We've probably already shattered the goal, and IS is trying to figure out how to challenge us. XD (20 orbs plz)

Tharja is all leveled up now, and I managed my first deathless run earlier on today, with the fresh stamina of the day. And, I just now got my first perfect run (second deathless one)! It rewarded me with the Breath of Life seal.

Tharja, of course, was on the team, but she was joined by Camus, Azura, and Clarine (who's only a 4*, but it doesn't matter for healers, and I decked her out with a nice healing set: Rehabilitate, Heavenly Light, and Live to Serve 2). I haven't taught Tharja anything yet except Darting Blow 3 and Vengeance. Azura has Hone Atk 3 and Clarine Hone Spd 2, that's been working well all around. Camus has Fury 3, so his speed is quite good, and, with the Hone Spd, he doubles most things. Rehabilitate easily compensates for the damage he takes from it.

On 6/9/2017 at 5:53 PM, Dual Dragons said:

Same here! I make do with Hone Attack 3 Ninian and Hone Speed 3 Ryoma and that seems to do fine for her (more so Hone Attack). If you give her that Darting Blow, she can still double Veronica with her own stats. I'd suggest out of your team to make sure she stays full health because she can take on Veronica easy; it's just Veronica still has massive damage on Tharja even with WTD.

I read this last night, but didn't reply to it until now, but it was useful. Thanks for the input! +Atk -Spd Tharja's ftw! I decided to keep her native Darting Blow, it seems like a good A passive for her, especially with the -Spd nature. I've been running with healers, that helps a lot. If I had spare Desperation fodder, I'd consider throwing it on her, but Nino has dibs on my last Shanna. My Horse Emblem team has a Gronnblade Cecilia, and I taught her Desperation 3 at the beginning of this, and that has been extremely powerful on her in this mode. It's like a brave blade tome!

4 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I read this last night, but didn't reply to it until now, but it was useful. Thanks for the input! +Atk -Spd Tharja's ftw! I decided to keep her native Darting Blow, it seems like a good A passive for her, especially with the -Spd nature. I've been running with healers, that helps a lot. If I had spare Desperation fodder, I'd consider throwing it on her, but Nino has dibs on my last Shanna. My Horse Emblem team has a Gronnblade Cecilia, and I taught her Desperation 3 at the beginning of this, and that has been extremely powerful on her in this mode. It's like a brave blade tome!

Glad it helped! I make my Tharja a pseudo-healer with Breath of Life 2. I caved and gave her Desperation 3, which gives her a lot of range if she has to take on final Lunatic map Hectors. And from experience, even just one Hone buff of any kind will kill Veronica from full HP thanks to that +Atk nature. Definitely a Brave -blade tome is super helpful against Veronica!

3 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Glad it helped! I make my Tharja a pseudo-healer with Breath of Life 2. I caved and gave her Desperation 3, which gives her a lot of range if she has to take on final Lunatic map Hectors. And from experience, even just one Hone buff of any kind will kill Veronica from full HP thanks to that +Atk nature. Definitely a Brave -blade tome is super helpful against Veronica!

Brave -blade tome pretty much destroys a lot of things, not just Veronica! I'd give Tharja Desperation 3 if I didn't already have plans for my last Shanna. It's definitely been an underrated skill, but, here, it has been showing its worth.

As it is, Tharja can take a hit from Hector, so she can ORKO Hector, if she has good HP. Clarine heals, and then she's ready to ORKO Veronica. It's a nice setup.

Just now, Astellius said:

Brave -blade tome pretty much destroys a lot of things, not just Veronica! I'd give Tharja Desperation 3 if I didn't already have plans for my last Shanna. It's definitely been an underrated skill, but, here, it has been showing its worth.

As it is, Tharja can take a hit from Hector, so she can ORKO Hector, if she has good HP. Clarine heals, and then she's ready to ORKO Veronica. It's a nice setup.

True that!

I can't really fit a healer in my team of Ryoma, Reinhardt, Ninian, and Tharja. I would troll the AI with Bridal Lyn if I could. But good to see you have a way that works for you. :)

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The 5* this time! I'm a little short of 26k points right now. My speed score went down a bit since I started using more melee units and fewer mages, but 30k seems entirely doable.  

That's pretty impressive if you've only used 3 Potions.  I might use my first potion tonight.  I've been playing Echoes and Heroes alternatively, while my Stamina Refills.