Tempest Torture

Arthur97

I got me 5* Masked Marth! I think I'm going to slow down my progress a bit now. I feel pretty confident that Quickened Pulse seal is in the bag with those 11 or so days left to go!

Soren, Ike, Lucius, and Linde have been carrying me well with (usually) Celica, Nino, mRobin, and Alm/Seliph as my B team. I've been doing the one bonus surrender strategy with my 4* I leveled Tharja for awhile now too and I'm liking how that has gone so far. Also, wow that 15hp that Linde can heal with Breath of Life3 + that seal is a wonderful thing! My Linde is in desperate need of a special but once she has that she will be near perfect!

Also out of curiosity, what builds are people putting on Masked Marth? I stuck Death Blow2 from a spare 4* Effie on her for lack of a better idea. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's pretty impressive if you've only used 3 Potions.  I might use my first potion tonight.  I've been playing Echoes and Heroes alternatively, while my Stamina Refills.

I might have used four, but I'm pretty sure it's three because I told myself I wouldn't use more than one a day. I think I've been pretty lucky with my match-ups. I've just been doing highest level. My score kind of fluctuations between 530 and 670 depending on my teams. And I still lose every few battles because of silly mistakes. 

I just got Echoes like yesterday, and I've barely touched it. ;A; I've been alternating between Heroes and cleaning.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I might have used four, but I'm pretty sure it's three because I told myself I wouldn't use more than one a day. I think I've been pretty lucky with my match-ups. I've just been doing highest level. My score kind of fluctuations between 530 and 670 depending on my teams. And I still lose every few battles because of silly mistakes. 

I just got Echoes like yesterday, and I've barely touched it. ;A; I've been alternating between Heroes and cleaning.

I just beat Echoes.  I loved it, but life's been so busy, it's been tough to keep up with one video game, let alone two.  I still need to do the postgame and DLC for Echoes, but there's no time limit on that.

I'll probably grind a ton on the Tempest Trial tomorrow.  I have no big plans, and I don't know how much time I'll have during the week.

I'm debating whether to waste any Stamina on grinding up Reinhardt right now.  He's about level 23 or so, but Robin is already filling that Blue Mage unit right now, and every Stamina Point used on the training tower is Stamina not going toward the Tempest.

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

That's my only real complaint with the event. I feel bad for newer players or those who don't have enough of a team built up (including a bonus unit) to get the points they need for the most important rewards before they're gone.(I mean, they'll probably be back, but it could be a while)

I know a lot about that. Someone over in the AWBW Discord has recently picked up Heroes, and they're struggling a lot with that. Camus and Zephiel have also been giving her more trouble than they've given us veterans.

Speaking of, should we expect any more GHBs, rerun or otherwise, during the Tempest?

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just beat Echoes.  I loved it, but life's been so busy, it's been tough to keep up with one video game, let alone two.  I still need to do the postgame and DLC for Echoes, but there's no time limit on that.

I'll probably grind a ton on the Tempest Trial tomorrow.  I have no big plans, and I don't know how much time I'll have during the week.

I'm debating whether to waste any Stamina on grinding up Reinhardt right now.  He's about level 23 or so, but Robin is already filling that Blue Mage unit right now, and every Stamina Point used on the training tower is Stamina not going toward the Tempest.

I'll probably get into Echoes some more once I get my grocery shopping out of the way. I hate going to the store on the weekend.... ;A; At least I can say I finished my errands before I binge on games. 

Yeah...the worst part about this event is that it just drains your stamina, and this is going on for 2 whole weeks... If I manage to get all of the rewards ahead of time, that'll be great. I still have monthly quests to do, and there are several characters I want to train like Camus. I finally got enough feathers to promote him to 5 stars. And I'll likely need him for the Arena this upcoming week. (But I might hold off on promoting him if there's another bonus unit that I've got already leveled.) And then there's also a chance that we might get a banner with new characters before the Arena closes...or the day it closes. And then that datamined "Vantage" banner which will probably have Reinhardt.... And if I'm lucky enough to get new characters, I'll want to train them. And then we might even get a new GHB if IS keeps up that trend.

While the gauntlet has its flaws (and fewer rewards), it's more or less something to do while you're waiting for stamina to recharge. This event is good for HM and SP grinding since it's more stamina efficient, but that means you can't use stamina for anything else if you want to get the best rewards.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I know a lot about that. Someone over in the AWBW Discord has recently picked up Heroes, and they're struggling a lot with that. Camus and Zephiel have also been giving her more trouble than they've given us veterans.

Speaking of, should we expect any more GHBs, rerun or otherwise, during the Tempest?

It's sad newer players are struggling... D: This is definitely an event for pre-established/veteran players, but..even some of the more experienced/longer-time players are struggling. Is this just how gatcha events work...? This is my first one, so I'm only going off what people have been saying.

Zephiel's is re-running again; there's some quests going on with it, too.

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Is this just how gacha events work...?

yes it is!

Free to players must be tempted into spending money to get ahead by making it hard so they buy orbs to get more 5 stars

2 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

It's sad newer players are struggling... D: This is definitely an event for pre-established/veteran players, but..even some of the more experienced/longer-time players are struggling. Is this just how gatcha events work...? This is my first one, so I'm only going off what people have been saying.

I know about the Zephiel one- I did three of the quests, but left the 'clear Lunatic with Zephiel on the team' because priorities. I'm asking if we're getting more.

Watch there be a Tempest Trials tier list before this is all over.Anyways, coming in hot.

Spoiler

BOOM! Perfect run with my main team. I don't even care that I didn't have the bonus unit. I did a perfect Lunatic run. A lot of luck too though. Tons of red and blue physical which Lukas melted and a few blue and green mages Soren was able to handle. Had a close call or two but it worked out. Heavenly Light is really annoying at times though because it takes Olivia out of Wings of Mercy 2 range. Still, Breath of Life seal is close by and I'm confident I'm going to snag Marthcina. 

As for a better score.

Spoiler

Speed really is the key. Looks like it's 646 for A/C, 676 for A/B and 705 for A/A. I don't think perfect runs are in the cards for me. That would require using a team with either *4 +HP/ATK Robin or *4 +SPD/-ATK Tharja. Neither of which I have a strong enough team composition in order to do a full clear without a team dying. I don't even really have a legit B or C team. I use Team A to blow through the 6 stages, then use team B with the Bonus unit when they bite it to weaken Veronica, then again with a counter team to finish her off. I did get Bride Caeda (+SPD/-ATK... yep.. gonna just use her anyway.) to Level 35 though and she's my only *5 Blue mage that's remotely usable so I may start deploying her and seeing if I get better results. Tharja/Xander/B!Caeda/Wryskura could be a thing.

Edited by Zeo

5 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I think whether someone finds the event hard or easy has as much to do with their 'whaleness' as their preferred team in arena.

If you run an all 'glass-cannon' lineup like mine, where everyone on the team dies if someone looks at them funny, then tempest is actually easier than an arena run. This is because the skill combinations are limited---and not optimized to fuck with you---in addition to the fact that the hardest map, the 7th, is also the one you can afford to sacrifice a whole team (or most of it) for without losing much---you lose nothing if there's at least one member left standing, and you only lose ~30 points or so for losing a whole team.

People who rely on counter-kills, whether through QR or Vantage, have trouble because: QR only works for 1 combat, fine in arena, not so fine over multiple maps; Vantage, on the other hand, suffers because 1HKO basically doesn't happen in tempest, thanks to the huge hp pools. (Brave weapons and specials still work, but: Braves only work on offense, and specials aren't up all the time.)

Hmm ... if speed is worth more than survival, then would it be a good idea to have my primary team (m!Robin, Nino, Eirika, and Olivia) clear maps 1-6, then surrender on map 7 to put in a team that can specifically counter Veronica's? Eirika and Olivia aren't always able to clear out Veronica, especially if I can't get rid of the other people surrounding her, while Sanaki just takes no damage and nukes Veronica.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm ... if speed is worth more than survival, then would it be a good idea to have my primary team (m!Robin, Nino, Eirika, and Olivia) clear maps 1-6, then surrender on map 7 to put in a team that can specifically counter Veronica's? Eirika and Olivia aren't always able to clear out Veronica, especially if I can't get rid of the other people surrounding her, while Sanaki just takes no damage and nukes Veronica.

Yep, that usually results in a better score than turtling with a team that can't deal with Veronica effectively.

Niles is the devil.

I just got 30000 points and my 5 star masked waifu. I spent a whole day and several hours before this weekend on the tempest trails. On average I get 336 points by beating 6 maps and surrendering on the final map, but sometimes I can win and get a 400-600-ish score. I used about 12 stamina potions.

I HATE THIS EVENT. It took so much time that I don't even want to touch the arena anymore. This event is so stupid. The maps are only those from Awakening, they appear again again and again, that's not fun. Not fun at all.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

yes it is!

Free to players must be tempted into spending money to get ahead by making it hard so they buy orbs to get more 5 stars

Ohhhhh...that makes sense. Oh, dear...that's...pretty sneaky, to say the least...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I know about the Zephiel one- I did three of the quests, but left the 'clear Lunatic with Zephiel on the team' because priorities. I'm asking if we're getting more.

Oh! I'm sorry; I didn't want to assume, but I probably should've figured...hm, I'm not sure. It's possible, but I haven't heard anything.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I think whether someone finds the event hard or easy has as much to do with their 'whaleness' as their preferred team in arena.

If you run an all 'glass-cannon' lineup like mine, where everyone on the team dies if someone looks at them funny, then tempest is actually easier than an arena run. This is because the skill combinations are limited---and not optimized to fuck with you---in addition to the fact that the hardest map, the 7th, is also the one you can afford to sacrifice a whole team (or most of it) for without losing much---you lose nothing if there's at least one member left standing, and you only lose ~30 points or so for losing a whole team.

People who rely on counter-kills, whether through QR or Vantage, have trouble because: QR only works for 1 combat, fine in arena, not so fine over multiple maps; Vantage, on the other hand, suffers because 1HKO basically doesn't happen in tempest, thanks to the huge hp pools. (Brave weapons and specials still work, but: Braves only work on offense, and specials aren't up all the time.)

Huh...I hadn't thought of it like that. That's interesting how the glass canon teams work far better...it does make sense, though. If you can wipe out the enemies through hitting hard, there's no need for retaliation; plus, it can keep the HP up by avoiding damage (desperation seems really necessary for this sort of team...).

Unless they get hard-countered. My Tharja, Nino, Azura, and Lissa team have been unable to win certain maps just because Niles or Felicia's on the map...even Kagero I can find better success.

7 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Ohhhhh...that makes sense. Oh, dear...that's...pretty sneaky, to say the least...

That's the way all gacha games are lol

The goal isn't to keep you interested, it's to get you spend money before you lose interest. They took all the FE fans and brought them into the gacha world so they'd be influenced by the love of their favorite characters and make Nintendo some mondo moola!

Brilliant idea if you ask me hehe heh but I'm free to play so such things have no effect on me~

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's the way all gacha games are lol

The goal isn't to keep you interested, it's to get you spend money before you lose interest. They took all the FE fans and brought them into the gacha world so they'd be influenced by the love of their favorite characters and make Nintendo some mondo moola!

Brilliant idea if you ask me hehe heh but I'm free to play so such things have no effect on me~

:'D Makes sense...the PoR banner and then the Hero banner coinciding definitely made it click that there was some attempts to get people to pay...

Hahaha that's totally fair~ I've spent a little money since I had some spare money on my iTunes account and...haven't touched it in over a year. I don't intend on doing so anymore, but...

Just going to gun for 6k points for the Masked Lucina. After that I will try to complete the Zephiel GHB quests before returning to try again. This event is way too grindy for my liking.

I have been barely able to complete all 5 rounds of the 2nd Lunatic map, and only coming in at roughly 300+ points each round.

Hopefully the seals I miss out will come back soon.

Whew, I finally got finished for the day with 33k points. 

I really hope this kind of event occurs once every 2-3 months at the very least, it's pretty hard to keep motivation when you have to run through the same maps over and over and over while hoping to not find any BS that can slow you down for 4+ turns (looking at you arena ferox map). I like the challenge but it's pretty easy to burn yourself out if you're looking for the 100k score.

Waiting for another 7 stamina so I can do another round...not sure if I'll use a potion to do more; sitting at 13.2k points. I've been getting a lot more shaky results recently...I switched my A Team (Tharja, Nino, Azura, and Lissa) with my B Team (Ike, Hector, Takumi, and Genny). Sometimes Team B just can't handle everything, especially in the beginning...thinking of switching Genny or Takumi for Nowi (not sure if I should do +SPD/-ATK or +HP/-DEF - neither are entirely ideal, but Nowi might be a good partner for this team)...

@GespenstMK2S, I think the seals should be back...I can't say when, but I don't think that they'll be this event exclusive, honestly.

Good luck to all of you; hope the event isn't being too draining/frustrating!

I have just over 25000 points. That's about 1/4 of the way to get all of the rewards. It's been almost 3 days since the event launched. So ... if I can achieve 25000 points every 3 days, I should get everything within ...

12 days.

Sure, why not?

5 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Oh, nice! :D Yes, Camus would appreciate that QR certainly haha~

Huh, Takumi with Pivot sounds interesting...I have Draw Back on him, personally; it has mixed results. Sometimes it helps keep units out of danger (including himself), but sometimes Reposition would've been better. If you're able give B!Cordelia Brave Bow+, she m-i-g-h-t be able to squeeze by a little. But, that's a lot of investment...and no guarantee, honestly.

Oh wow that's a lot of orbs! o3o I hope they release the units you like soon; and that, when they do, you get them! I understand that, though; I was hoarding for Ike/Soren...and I spent so many orbs when they came out. I burned through my remaining 300 in an attempt to get Leo at the Mages banner, but the rude jerk never came to me...part of me wants to hoard again, but I'm so in need of other units for skill inheritance I'm unsure of what to do. And, yes! That 4* Lucina's definitely something~

...Yeah...it's definitely tedious...I'm waiting for my stamina to fully recharge and part of me isn't looking forward to it, honestly haha...I'm at 11.3k (my runs this morning, aside from the one good one, were poooooor...), and I do want to start making progress (I want that Quickened Pulse Seal...!!)...but I don't want to tap too much into my potions, either (I have around the same amount as you - I prefer to hang onto them for training units/time crunches); I agree, I hope they make it less tedious...and/or make each round worth more points so less grinding's required.

I actually just give him Pivot in a boredom attack haha, maybe I can give him Draw back too. Leo is really hard to get, too much competition in the red orb department, hope he comes to you soon!

Hey I now have the 4* Lucina! And then I noticed that if I keep winning 6000 in 3 days, in 10 days I will reach enough points for 5* Lucina... Of course, that is if I don't get tired of playing... IntSys need to make a "send your opinion" section in their web or something like that, so we can tell them that this trial can become a bit tiring (and a bit slow since I have a job and I can't play a lot). But still have some fun, is pretty challenging and that's good, I'm learning a lot from this, specially in how to use some skills and some characters

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Nothing's been announced yet, but my gut tells me they're taking a break from new GHBs next week.  With Camus's release last week, every character in the game is now obtainable some way or another (except Veronica and Bruno), and one would think there would have been some hint of a new character in the last datamine.  What's more, Camus hasn't been made a bonus character in the arena yet, and won't be one next week either.  That doesn't mean a whole lot, but I'd imagine they'd want to give each GHB character some room to breathe. 

I really hope I'm wrong.