Tempest Torture

Arthur97

18 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Nothing's been announced yet, but my gut tells me they're taking a break from new GHBs next week.  With Camus's release last week, every character in the game is now obtainable some way or another (except Veronica and Bruno), and one would think there would have been some hint of a new character in the last datamine.  What's more, Camus hasn't been made a bonus character in the arena yet, and won't be one next week either.  That doesn't mean a whole lot, but I'd imagine they'd want to give each GHB character some room to breathe. 

I really hope I'm wrong. 

I actually hope we have a break from GHBs for at least one week. It's been alternating between a new one and an re-run, and with the Tempest Trials, my stamina (game-wise and actual, mental stamina) has been drained that I make too many careless mistakes now.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be interesting is if the tempest trials are the "end" of each "season". Hopefully with a new season we can get more units -- I'm getting really sick of pulling the same 3-stars over and over again.

24 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I actually just give him Pivot in a boredom attack haha, maybe I can give him Draw back too. Leo is really hard to get, too much competition in the red orb department, hope he comes to you soon!

Hey I now have the 4* Lucina! And then I noticed that if I keep winning 6000 in 3 days, in 10 days I will reach enough points for 5* Lucina... Of course, that is if I don't get tired of playing... IntSys need to make a "send your opinion" section in their web or something like that, so we can tell them that this trial can become a bit tiring (and a bit slow since I have a job and I can't play a lot). But still have some fun, is pretty challenging and that's good, I'm learning a lot from this, specially in how to use some skills and some characters

Draw Back's been pretty helpful...sometimes the AI moves a unit just one space too far from where an effective unit can reach; I just have Takumi use Draw Back to give that character enough space to get there. Though, Reposition can do similarly...each mobility skill has its own use which can be really helpful. And, thank you ;; I really hope he comes home soon...Celica and Leo are my top two wanted units (but I should focus on blues for their skills...).

Yay!! Congratulations~!! I'm so glad you got her! Good luck on getting the 5* version! I hope your runs go well~ It's definitely a slow, agonizing grind...I'm normally pretty patient/tolerant of grinding, but this is pretty ridiculous. I do like the Hero Merit and some leveling that's coming with it, but geez...attempting a run to only get to the 4th map because of hard counters is a little frustrating...I agree - learning how to use different characters/skills/combinations of everything's really nice! Part of me feels I can actually attempt arena now...the other is terrified that I'm still going to be horrible haha.

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What would be interesting is if the tempest trials are the "end" of each "season". Hopefully with a new season we can get more units -- I'm getting really sick of pulling the same 3-stars over and over again.

this is probably just wishful thinking. i bet anything "seasons" are just "a year"

The sooner we get more 3 stars the better though, yeah...

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Whew, I finally got finished for the day with 33k points. 

I really hope this kind of event occurs once every 2-3 months at the very least, it's pretty hard to keep motivation when you have to run through the same maps over and over and over while hoping to not find any BS that can slow you down for 4+ turns (looking at you arena ferox map). I like the challenge but it's pretty easy to burn yourself out if you're looking for the 100k score.

I spent a Stamina Potion to get a few more Tempest runs before may be it's just because I'm tired, but I'm feeling the grind fatigue.  I definitely stand by my opinion that I love the new mode, but running it 10 times in a row makes it a lot less fun.  I feel if they switched the 5* Masked Lucina and Special Seal reward spots people wouldn't feel so pressed to grind.  With the 5*, I at least am satisfied if I have a unit at 4*, but that Seal will be essential to keep up with the power curve in Arena.

"Tired of walking around? I could curse you so you couldn't sleep, if that would help..."

...I can't wait for Tempest to be over just so I don't have to talk to Tharja in the foyer... (granted, that's what she said when she handed over Hero Merit).

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

"Tired of walking around? I could curse you so you couldn't sleep, if that would help..."

...I can't wait for Tempest to be over just so I don't have to talk to Tharja in the foyer... (granted, that's what she said when she handed over Hero Merit).

It's funny how much HM Tharja has over most of my other units even though I don't like her simply because Desperation Tharja completely breaks Lunatic Tempest. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's funny how much HM Tharja has over most of my other units even though I don't like her simply because Desperation Tharja completely breaks Lunatic Tempest. 

My Tharja has been on my first team, and acquiring a lot of Merit. However, that was her first reward, and she's currently on 604 (compare Nino, who's on 1438 and likely to max, Lissa, who's on 1882 and is definitely going to max, and Klein, who was at 2000 long before the event started.)

Well, the whole ordeal is as tedious as I expected, but I'd say the rewards are worth it. Still, the burst of having to do 4-5 runs when waking up is really annoying (mostly, coz its always the same thing) and the energy drink problem for the final ranking is also kinda questionable in my books, but whatever, I guess that's gacha for you. Aiming for the 8000 feathers, if possible.

EDI: I also wonder if we'll make the 1 billion points for the extra reward. We do get way less points than with the gauntlet.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

8 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I got me 5* Masked Marth! I think I'm going to slow down my progress a bit now. I feel pretty confident that Quickened Pulse seal is in the bag with those 11 or so days left to go!

Soren, Ike, Lucius, and Linde have been carrying me well with (usually) Celica, Nino, mRobin, and Alm/Seliph as my B team. I've been doing the one bonus surrender strategy with my 4* I leveled Tharja for awhile now too and I'm liking how that has gone so far. Also, wow that 15hp that Linde can heal with Breath of Life3 + that seal is a wonderful thing! My Linde is in desperate need of a special but once she has that she will be near perfect!

Also out of curiosity, what builds are people putting on Masked Marth? I stuck Death Blow2 from a spare 4* Effie on her for lack of a better idea. 

I'm thinking about building her around speed while my regular one is more about vantage attack.

17 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Well, the whole ordeal is as tedious as I expected, but I'd say the rewards are worth it. Still, the burst of having to do 4-5 runs when waking up is really annoying (mostly, coz its always the same thing) and the energy drink problem for the final ranking is also kinda questionable in my books, but whatever, I guess that's gacha for you. Aiming for the 8000 feathers, if possible.

EDI: I also wonder if we'll make the 1 billion points for the extra reward. We do get way less points than with the gauntlet.

20,000 people need to get Quickened Pulse to achieve this. Does that sound outrageous?

10 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm not to worried about us making those 1 bilion points. Unless I'm messing up calculations, if 20k people manage to get 5* "Marth", we have already gained enough points. I get the feeling a lot of people want to reach the 50k at the very least, so that number should be reacheable. If you also consider that a decent amount of players will reach 100k or higher to get all the rewards (considering my current ranking, 5k doesn't sound to far fetched), and all the points more casual players will bring in, I'd be very suprised if we don't make it.

Defenitly agree about this thing being tedious though. Let's hope people will keep at it for those rewards :p.

@phineas81707 & @Bartozio : True, 20k of the pulse seals would do it, and it's definitely possible, but it has to be achieved in 5 days and I must admit, I don't know the number of  active players. I shouldn't doubt it too much, though, it was a quick, unexplored thought on the tediousness, how people don't really want to continue too much after reaching their goal (most mention the seal or marth, haven't seen many talking about wanting to achieve a certain rank), and the fact that not everyone is getting 705 points in all their runs or don't use up all their energy for it. But yeah, I admit, while I will barely get the seal in those 5 days, it will likely be achieved.

Do any of you have any advice for me? You all seem to beat the highest level regularly, but I still get smashed every time I try the 5-map Lunatic. I brought Tharja up to 5* lv 40 and gave her Desperation 3, and with her, Ryoma, Reinhardt, Hector, and all my other 5* I still can't win. Some pointers would be really appreciated.

23 minutes ago, Orange Juice said:

Do any of you have any advice for me? You all seem to beat the highest level regularly, but I still get smashed every time I try the 5-map Lunatic. I brought Tharja up to 5* lv 40 and gave her Desperation 3, and with her, Ryoma, Reinhardt, Hector, and all my other 5* I still can't win. Some pointers would be really appreciated.

It seems you have so pretty strong units, but did you run some support units with them? For instance, I find that Tharja and Reinhardt really appreaciate a dancer/buffbot, while I imagine Hector would really like a healer on the team.

For instance, my team consists of Tharja, Reinhardt, Nino and Olivia, where Olivia is only 4*. I have enough 5* units to fill up her slot, but I find that none of them add the same utility that a dancer does.

Do you have any leveled healers or dancers?

31 minutes ago, Orange Juice said:

What units do have other than those? Any -raven users? What sort of boosts do you use? Of the ones you're using, what skills do they have?

9 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Nothing's been announced yet, but my gut tells me they're taking a break from new GHBs next week.  With Camus's release last week, every character in the game is now obtainable some way or another (except Veronica and Bruno), and one would think there would have been some hint of a new character in the last datamine.  What's more, Camus hasn't been made a bonus character in the arena yet, and won't be one next week either.  That doesn't mean a whole lot, but I'd imagine they'd want to give each GHB character some room to breathe. 

I really hope I'm wrong. 

Lack of characters in the datamine doesn't mean anything. We're going to get a new banner on Wednesday, so the update for that one is the one that would contain this month's second GHB.

Looking at the schedule so far, each month has two new banners: one in the first half and one in the second half. Each one contains a new GHB character that gets released while that banner is going on, but that GHB character doesn't become a bonus hero until the characters from the following banner are bonus heroes.

• Ike banner: Xander is released, Zephiel is bonus hero
  • Celica banner: Lloyd is released, Xander is bonus hero
  • Bride banner: Camus is released, Lloyd is bonus hero

And so forth. So Camus not being a bonus hero yet is perfectly in keeping with the usual schedule.

To be fair, it's true that the Tempest Trials are breaking the usual schedule. It's possible that they'll skip a GHB and make Masked Marth the bonus hero after Camus instead of giving that bonus hero spot to a late June GHB character. But there isn't any reason to assume that. Even if they don't want the GHB to overlap with the Tempest Trials event, they could have it be in the last week of June.

As for them releasing all the story heroes, that's definitely not relevant, since we already got Lloyd as a new one. Even if we do miss one GHB for this event, I'm sure they'll go right back to releasing new GHBs starting in early July.

1 hour ago, Orange Juice said:

You need a dedicated buff bot to get the most out of Tharja. Ephraim and Eirika are best because of their weapons secondary effect, they can buff all 4 stats in 1 turn. Bridellia can also buff all 4 stats with her Rally Attack Speed.

If you don't have any of those 3 units, Ryoma (or anyone else) will work. Give Ryoma Rally Atk and the Fortify Res Seal, and he will be able to buff 3 of Tharja's stats for some serious damage. For maximum damage, Give Tharja Defiant Spd 3, and Ryoma Fortify Def instead of his Hone Spd. (Sharena can achieve this set-up without skill inheritance).

You can swap Reinhardt out for a dancer because Tharja will be able to wipe out any reds when she is fully buffed, and a dancer will let her kill more shit. You should also consider running a 2nd Blade tome user with the same set-up as Tharja. It is just that good.

I run Ephraim, Nino,  4*Tharja, and Azura. Tharja still has her Vanilla skill set, but it doesn't matter because Nino has desperation and she just erases everything.