Tempest Torture

Arthur97

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

QR + 3 CD is the way to go honestly. Xander just got a lot more terrifying. There's even Moonbow Reinhardt for defense teams.

Hm...that's a good point, thanks! 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just broke score:15,000, getting better with how to use my b-team and abit better at maneuvering  about in the final map

Theres 2 main maps that give me trouble more than the rest - I'l look for the names of them but alot depends on what units spawn on those maps

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

So, who is basically stopping after the 5*?

Me. I might try to go for Quickend Pulse since i presume i'l get Marth around Thursday at my current rate, but i'm definitely taking a break to raise Marth (and some other units) first.

Edited by V-raptor
Fates-tier writing

Seriously, theses trials are so difficult... I want so much the Quickened Pulse seal, but 50k... Argh...

The worst is Veronica. Always such a stupidly high stat unit.

That's so HAAAAARD T_T

12 minutes ago, V-raptor said:

Me. I might try to go for Quickend Pulse since i presume i'l get Marth around Thursday at my current rate, but i'm definitely taking a break to raise Marth (and some other units) first.

I would like to have her ready for if Lucina falls, but she is skinless  (though I have given her darting blow 1&2 plus rally speed).

I finally got a perfect deathless run with my initial team.

I almost soloed the last map with Nino.  I'm finally putting the Nino I promoted a couple months ago to use. @Arcanite

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-06-11-13-39-

Spoiler

JCQWhgz.jpg

Nice score to end the day on. Looks like the pulse seal will be mine tomorrow! Rank wise I think I'm in the 1100's or 1200's so if I use a few more stamina potions a day, I should be able to stay in the top 1000

So what's screwed you up more than anything else during your runs?

Here's my culprit.

Spoiler

4d036a4892.png

Too often do I totally forget the Palla or Cain in the corner of the map have this and after my S Camilla baits something that she doesn't one shot one of them teleports and bodies her out of nowhere. 90% of the time I lose a unit, this is why. Feelsbadman

Edited by Alkaid

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Here's my culprit.

Reveal hidden contents

Yep, that WILL get someone killed.  I've seen it on some weird corner units, like Caeda (who somehow didn't kill my Camilla).

The other unit that throws a giant monkey wrench into everything is Leo on the final stage.  I can bait Rein/Olwen (usually).  Camilla can take a single hit from Cecilia.  But the minute Leo shows up, I have to wrack my brains for contingency plans.

Preach @Alkaid

Surprise Dancers and Reposition units make maps more tedious than anything with the added range. On more than one occasion I've had to pass turn 1 on a map without doing anything and just let the enemy approach because I had no safe tiles to work with. Thankfully I haven't run into a comp that's straight up unwinnable.

Yet.

EDIT: Also, Leo on Map 7, or really at any point during the run. Nino is my carry and she can't do anything to him without getting KO'd by QR, especially if he has Triangle Adept.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Focus Band strats. Had Niles, Leo, Gwendolyn, and Peri spawn on Veronica's map. It was surprisingly a perfect and deathless run since the map with loads of breakable wall tiles in the middle had Nino, Klein, Rebecca, and Raigh spawn; Nino would've ORKO'd Tharja if it weren't for the fact that Olivia buffed Tharja via Fortify Res 1 seal.

EPxG6Rj.png

Edited by Roflolxp54

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Here's my culprit.

Hide contents

4d036a4892.png

Too often do I totally forget the Palla or Cain in the corner of the map have this and after my S Camilla baits something that she doesn't one shot one of them teleports and bodies her out of nowhere. 90% of the time I use a unit, this is why. Feelsbadman

That's got me in the butt quite a few times.

Strangely enough, Julia is a real thorn in my initial team's side.  She's one of the few units Nino has trouble with and Robin can't touch her.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yep, that WILL get someone killed.  I've seen it on some weird corner units, like Caeda (who somehow didn't kill my Camilla).

The other unit that throws a giant monkey wrench into everything is Leo on the final stage.  I can bait Rein/Olwen (usually).  Camilla can take a single hit from Cecilia.  But the minute Leo shows up, I have to wrack my brains for contingency plans.

My biggest problem with it is on map 7, since if there's an Olwen/Rein(if Warding blow, otherwise he dies) + Cain/Fredrick, Camilla might get killed trying to bait. So I have to let them move to the center of the map and clog it up, hoping I can take them out on player phase without leaving somebody in range of getting killed by another unit.

Leo scared me a lot first, until I realized Tharja can actually just tank him and kill on the counter attack by doubling. Thank god for that.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Okay, why is Hector running G Tomebreaker?  Guy doesn't want me soloing the last map with Nino again.

Try Res boon Henry, Triangle Adept Leo, and Wings of Mercy Cain on the final map.

No, I'm not speaking from personal experience, before you ask

To be honest, my only problem with tempest is that it's too stamina efficient.

Even assuming you're pretty fast at clearing maps (let's say 30s each), if you start from 99 stamina, (5 runs), that's 100 maps, or 100 * 30s = 3000s. Almost an hour of tempest. (3600s is an hour.)

Edit: That's 5 * 7 = 35 maps, I suck at math. 35 * 30s is 'only' 1050s, about 15 minutes. R.I.P. if you take longer than that, though. If you take a minute a map that's half an hour gone, 2 minutes and we go back to an hour of maps.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, V-raptor said:

Me too. I have been leveling up both the 5* and the 4* ones. Also, I got enough feathers to promote both Xander and Camus, so I'm going to level them up as well.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Here's my culprit.

Hide contents

4d036a4892.png

Too often do I totally forget the Palla or Cain in the corner of the map have this and after my S Camilla baits something that she doesn't one shot one of them teleports and bodies her out of nowhere. 90% of the time I lose a unit, this is why. Feelsbadman

Just had a run where I got outplayed by Beruka's Lunge combined with Wings of Mercy Gunter to snipe Nino with exactly enough damage to kill her. I'm still picking up the pieces of my shattered little mind. 

Also had only one run where the Leo in the final map overpowered Nino to my surprise. This one had over 50 attack unlike most of them so that's what I get for being presumptuous. 

20 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Me too. I have been leveling up both the 5* and the 4* ones. Also, I got enough feathers to promote both Xander and Camus, so I'm going to level them up as well.

I recently promoted Camus to 5 stars myself, and he's really good. Sadly his Res is garbage so he can't even tank Red Mages well at all, but otherwise he's g8 m8.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Here's my culprit.

Reveal hidden contents

4d036a4892.png

One tip against Wings of Mercy: if you check and see that an enemy has it, highlight them, and their WoM attack range will also be shown to remind you when you leave something at low health.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I prefer to play the 5 fights, are less tedious an I still win the same points as if I play the 7 fights... And even I were able to finish it with only 3 teams, so that give me even more points than 6 ights. That was an awesome display, when Takumi, Michalis, Leo and Linde were able to defeat Veronica and her gang! It was like, wow! How it happened? I'm not sure, but it was good.

Oh, and today I was able to win once the trial with 7 fights, i got all D but bleeee, it was more of what I expected