Tempest Torture

Arthur97

5 minutes ago, Apples said:

I need to get around to building Tharja sometime...but all I have is a 4* with a meh asset/flaw.

I would still recommend building her for Tempest even if she's 4* because she's still capable of ORKOing Veronica with enough backup. 

Lunatic Veronica has 66 HP, 32 Spd, and 29 Res, which means that a red mage would need 52 Atk and 37 Spd to ORKO. 

Neutral 4* Tharja at level 40 has 39 Atk and 32 Spd. Darting Blow brings her speed up to 38, which is enough to double. For the 13 extra attack you need, all you need is the Atk +1 seal and three +4 buffs (only two if one of them is Hone Atk), which is reasonable for a team centered around a blade tome user. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Do the five-map one.  It's easier on my sanity, and I can clear it with my original team ~70% of the time.

The other 30% of the time, Leo spawns on the last map, so I need to get creative.  Then there's the 2% chance that Olwen ORKOs Camilla, which is basically a team wipe at that point.

Olwen does stupid things with her reposition if you leave the armor alive, incidentally.

I just hit the 30K mark and got 5* Masked Marth.  I've used only 2 Stamina Potions, I think, or it might have been one.  I'm over half way to 50K, now.  If my math is right, I'll have to average 2K points per day to get the last Seal.

I think I'll wait for a double SP event to even think about training Masked Lucina.  Relying on only SI for a 5* sounds masochistic.

@Rezzy @Korath88 Looks like I'm joining the 30k club with my 5* "Marth" too.

To be honest "Marth" starting with no skills other than Falchion isn't a huge hinderance, since Lucina usually wants to retool her entire kit anyway save for possibly Spur Atk or Luna.

3 bottles used so far. Time for 50k, but I'm hoping to get all the rewards before the event ends. I'm considering grinding SP for my Tharja and using her over Lucina if Quick Pulse Aether doesn't make things go by faster, but that would mean having to split stamina between here and the Training Tower, which I'm not keen to do yet.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think I'll wait for a double SP event to even think about training Masked Lucina.  Relying on only SI for a 5* sounds masochistic.

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. 

A good chunk of common Arena units (including regular Lucina herself) use sets that are just about entirely inherited anyways. It just feels like Masked Lucina is more expensive, but in reality she's really no different. 

A regular Lucina, for example, would take Fury/Life and Death for her A-slot, Swordbreaker/Desperation/Renewal for her B, some assist skill, and Draconic Aura for her special. She's inheriting literally every single part of her set except for Spur Atk (and you may want to replace that as well). 

To get the same set, Masked Lucina would cost an extra 175 SP for Spur Atk. Other than that, she's just as expensive to build as regular Lucina would be. 

EDIT: @MrSmokestack @Rezzy @Korath88 Oh was there a club? Damn, I should have said something last night then.

I got Masked Lucina last night and am up to about 40k now (still haven't spent any stamina pots), so I guess I'm joining the club too :D

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@MrSmokestack @Rezzy @Korath88 Oh was there a club? Damn, I should have said something last night then.

I got Masked Lucina last night and am up to about 40k now (still haven't spent any stamina pots), so I guess I'm joining the club too :D

It is now!

@Arthur97 too. Who else is at 30k right now?

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rezzy @Korath88 Looks like I'm joining the 30k club with my 5* "Marth" too.

To be honest "Marth" starting with no skills other than Falchion isn't a huge hinderance, since Lucina usually wants to retool her entire kit anyway save for possibly Spur Atk or Luna.

3 bottles used so far. Time for 50k, but I'm hoping to get all the rewards before the event ends. I'm considering grinding SP for my Tharja and using her over Lucina if Quick Pulse Aether doesn't make things go by faster, but that would mean having to split stamina between here and the Training Tower, which I'm not keen to do yet.

Congrats, I've wanted to get Lucina, so I guess identical stats Masked Lucina is the next best thing.

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. 

A good chunk of common Arena units (including regular Lucina herself) use sets that are just about entirely inherited anyways. It just feels like Masked Lucina is more expensive, but in reality she's really no different. 

A regular Lucina, for example, would take Fury/Life and Death for her A-slot, Swordbreaker/Desperation/Renewal for her B, some assist skill, and Draconic Aura for her special. She's inheriting literally every single part of her set except for Spur Atk (and you may want to replace that as well). 

To get the same set, Masked Lucina would cost an extra 175 SP for Spur Atk. Other than that, she's just as expensive to build as regular Lucina would be. 

Maybe it's just that grinding at max level for SP also feels a lot less rewarding.  I like seeing that XP bar fill.  If I can raise a 3* or 4* to max and promote that usually gives enough SP for everything I need.  5* going to max usually gives a good amount, assuming they don't rely on SI too much.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats, I've wanted to get Lucina, so I guess identical stats Masked Lucina is the next best thing.

Maybe it's just that grinding at max level for SP also feels a lot less rewarding.  I like seeing that XP bar fill.  If I can raise a 3* or 4* to max and promote that usually gives enough SP for everything I need.  5* going to max usually gives a good amount, assuming they don't rely on SI too much.

Idk I find that grinding SP at level 40 goes by far faster than people make it out to. It took me only a day to get Celica enough SP for her entire set (since I pulled her on the last day of the mage gauntlet and wanted to set her as my rep with a full skill set) even though it cost about 2.2k SP for the whole thing. 

I'm at over 35k now. Only got to use about half my stamina from today though, since I was out most of the afternoon looking for Father's Day and birthday presents.

Edited by Alkaid

I'm about 90 points shy of 30k. Not interested in staying up any later, so I'll get Masked Marth in the morning since there's no hurry.

Currently sitting at 37K, and I'm starting to feel the grind.  It's unfortunate that turn count is weighted so heavily in scoring, otherwise I would feel more compelled to mix up my teams a bit more.  Having Nino solo most of the maps, while amusing, is getting a bit old. 

41 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

For me, Survival is a higher priority over Speed as Speed doesn't mean shit to me if my only team can't clear the map.

Also valid reasoning. Would you say the added stakes make the event more fun or dreadful?

39 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Neutral 4* Tharja at level 40 has 39 Atk and 32 Spd. Darting Blow brings her speed up to 38, which is enough to double. For the 13 extra attack you need, all you need is the Atk +1 seal and three +4 buffs (only two if one of them is Hone Atk), which is reasonable for a team centered around a blade tome user. 

That is pleasant news. Here's a perfect excuse to finally build her. I already run Ephraim for a +12 and Nino could use a break. All I have to do is sack Navarre for Desperation 2...because I'm out of Shanna's.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It is now!

@Arthur97 too. Who else is at 30k right now?

Sitting at 42,000 myself. A nice ego-boost if nothing else.

We all know Masked Marth is really Lucina, but it's like she's not even trying to make her voice sound masculine.

Sitting around high 30Ks and started mixing up/using the insane amount of SP/HM that the Tempest generates to use some other characters I had waiting on the backburner like Linde and Hector. So far I got 4 characters to hit 2k HM through this mode alone, it's really good for accelerating those feather gains.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

We all know Masked Marth is really Lucina, but it's like she's not even trying to make her voice sound masculine.

She didn't sound any more masculine in Awakening, did she? When early trailers and stuff were being shown, people didn't take long to realize she was female.

Edited by Othin

4 minutes ago, Apples said:

Also valid reasoning. Would you say the added stakes make the event more fun or dreadful?

Kind of both. The event's very grindy as I want the rewards but also fun considering I'm running 3 waifu units (Bride Lyn, Olivia, Tharja) and a memetic unit (Reinhardt). There's also the shenanigans I pulled using Bride Lyn as a bait unit (thanks to Candlelight).

Currently at 39,583 in score. I've gotten perfect runs as well as perfect and deathless runs.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Othin said:

She didn't sound any more masculine in Awakening, did she? People picked her out as female fast.

If I remember correctly we don't hear her speak in cut scenes much beyond grunting and saying "my father" before she gets unmasked.  Her one line sounds like it could have been from a young teenager boy.  Her Heroes voice just sounds like she's doing the "loud whisper".

8 minutes ago, Apples said:

That is pleasant news. Here's a perfect excuse to finally build her. I already run Ephraim for a +12 and Nino could use a break. All I have to do is sack Navarre for Desperation 2...because I'm out of Shanna's.

I mean, I suppose she does want to be at as low of an HP threshold as possible for Vengeance, so Desperation 2's alright for the time being. 

Also out of curiosity how is Ephraim giving +12? Off the top of my head, Ephraim gives either +10 (+4 from a Hone/Fortify C, +6 from Siegmund since attack bonuses are counted twice for blade tomes) or +14 depending on his assist skill (if he also has a Rally skill). 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean, I suppose she does want to be at as low of an HP threshold as possible for Vengeance, so Desperation 2's alright for the time being. 

Also out of curiosity how is Ephraim giving +12? Off the top of my head, Ephraim gives either +10 (+4 from a Hone/Fortify C, +6 from Siegmund since attack bonuses are counted twice for blade tomes) or +14 depending on his assist skill (if he also has a Rally skill). 

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

@MaskedAmpharos I mean he could just be running Fortify Res seal and no Rally.

@Apples just throw in a rally for +16, it's much better.

He indeed has Hone Spd 3 for his C skill and the Fortify Res 1 seal with Siegmund. He does have Rally Defense learned but I've been enjoying the usefulness of Swap for positioning.

And it turns out my Tharja is actually +Hp/-Atk so I need to toss in Ninian with Fortify Def 2 to make the numbers work perfectly according to the calculator on Kagerochart. And since a dancer is a good partner anyway it's all good. Now I need a solid 4th unit for this fun alternate team.

My morning stamina brought me to 25,498. Later today or tomorrow 5⋆ Masked Marth will be persuaded to join me!

My +Spd Fury Soren is invaluable for defeating Veronica for me, as she can’t double him and ORKO via Bonfire, so he can bait her and charge Iceberg.

What do I inherit onto Masked Marth? I’m thinking Fury, Swordbreaker, Spur Atk, a movement assist, and Luna.
If only I had more Abels!

Edited by Vaximillian

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@MaskedAmpharos I mean he could just be running Fortify Res seal and no Rally.

@Apples just throw in a rally for +16, it's much better.

Oh yeah I forgot the seal was a thing. 

9 minutes ago, Apples said:

He indeed has Hone Spd 3 for his C skill and the Fortify Res 1 seal with Siegmund. He does have Rally Defense learned but I've been enjoying the usefulness of Swap for positioning.

And it turns out my Tharja is actually +Hp/-Atk so I need to toss in Ninian with Fortify Def 2 to make the numbers work perfectly according to the calculator on Kagerochart. And since a dancer is a good partner anyway it's all good. Now I need a solid 4th unit for this fun alternate team.

If you have a Nino, I'd chuck her in there too to take advantage of Ephraim's buffs :D

In fact, that's almost my Tempest team: Tharja, Ephraim, Nino, and Azura, with which I've been able to get 705 runs pretty consistently. 

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Got to 30,000 an hour or so ago because I spent all of yesterday and earlier today making @Arcanite change his profile picture.

Was it worth it though? 

Also, I'm a robot, not a filthy man-child